Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

Need a bit of help with some tag teams in my early 90s WCW save.

Bill Eadie as the Masked Superstar and Moondog Rex as Mister X. Both under masks. I originally liked the tag name Mystery Men, but it's too cool for the glorified jobber tag team.

Semi related, Barry Darsow as Crusher(Smash facepaint) and Brian Adams. I'm undecided on Adams name, but he'll be wearing his Demolition facepaint.

Any suggestions for any of the above would be mega helpful

Bill Eadie as the Masked Superstar and Moondog Rex as Mister X. Both under masks. I originally liked the tag name Mystery Men, but it's too cool for the glorified jobber tag team.

Semi related, Barry Darsow as Crusher(Smash facepaint) and Brian Adams. I'm undecided on Adams name, but he'll be wearing his Demolition facepaint.

For the Eadie team: The Masked Grapplers, The Masked Men

For the Darsow/Adams team: Destruction, Devastation, Carnage, Annihilation, Xtinction, The Wreckers

I don't follow the "WWF Copyright" rule. So I would name Smash and Crush as Demolition. The idea is the fans would be excited to see them in a new run in a new company. As far as the other 2, give Bill Eadie his Ax gimmick back and Change Rex to Wrecks, or Wrecker maybe, and put them all in a Demolition stable.

Hello, world.

Any name suggestions for the groups below?

Carlito/Epico/Primo (I'm considering calling them the Shining Stars all together but if anyone has something better I'll take it)

Alex Shelley/Chris Sabin (I could use MCMG but I'm looking for alternatives, how would WWE name them?)

Also, this is for a 2016 save.

Do you have any "theme"/direction for the Colons stable ? Sometimes, it helps knowing what you'll want them to be portrayed at: if you're going to have them be a stable of masked puerto ricans, you can't call them "The Colons" for instance, but if you're never going to add anyone who isn't a member of that family, it would be simple enough and work perfectly fine.

As for MCMG, you could just use the initials, or maybe another nickname of Detroid ? Like "D-Town Boyz", "The Arsenal", "Straits to Hell", etc.

I brought some NJPW workers into AEW. Should they go by "InvASIAN" or "Asian Invasion"?

I'd go with what the other said and use "Forbidden Door", but if you really want them to be a stable on their own with another direction than "So yeah, they're NJPW guys on loan", maybe translate it in Japanese so the fans know they're not automatically ally with other workers coming from said Forbidden Door ?

Also, I need a suggestion on my own. Yes, again. I swear, at some point I'll just post a list of all the guys I've hired so you won't think I'm asking for everyone :D But anyway, any suggestions for a WWE name for Jurn Simmons ? I've hired him to densify a bit the roster of NXT UK, although I might have him join the main roster at some point if a plan I have works out well.

So far, the best I have is "Jurn Rutten" or "Jurn Rouka" but I'd rather avoid any clear references to past Dutch wrestlers (and to give myself a depression by imagining how Michael Cole would pronounce it, just like I do everytime he says "Coup de Gras" rather than "Coup de Grâce" for Finn Balor's move).

Also, I need a suggestion on my own. Yes, again. I swear, at some point I'll just post a list of all the guys I've hired so you won't think I'm asking for everyone :D But anyway, any suggestions for a WWE name for Jurn Simmons ? I've hired him to densify a bit the roster of NXT UK, although I might have him join the main roster at some point if a plan I have works out well.

So far, the best I have is "Jurn Rutten" or "Jurn Rouka" but I'd rather avoid any clear references to past Dutch wrestlers (and to give myself a depression by imagining how Michael Cole would pronounce it, just like I do everytime he says "Coup de Gras" rather than "Coup de Grâce" for Finn Balor's move).

My first thought would be whether you could pull a Daniel Bryan with Simmons. Like flip his name around and call him something like Simon Jurgenson. That would simplify his name for announcers without straying too far from his essence.

Do you have any idea on what you'll have them do, what their common gimmick will be, etc ? I find it helps finding names for stables.

On another topic, I once again come to you all in my time of need, for yes, I need a WWE name for someone once again. The creative meeting thingy said I should hire Mr. Brickster because he'd turn into a great asset, and since his stats were nice enough, I figured I might give him a try.

However, I have no idea what to name him. Or well, I have a few, but none that I feel would be "that" great (even more in the future I could see him getting a "politician" gimmick where he tells us he will want to "build the future" or something).

So far, these are the ideas I had: for the first name, I thought I'd go with either Christian, Chris, Travis or Dan. As for the family name, I can't go with Bricks since I already have a Briggs, but I thought about Brickset, Brickhouse, or Billund since his indy gimmick seems to have a lot of reference to Legos. Obviously, I can't just use "Lego" because I really doubt they'd be able to afford the trademark IRL, but any subtle hints to it is great :p

I’m looking for a name of a stable led by Tammy Sytch in WCW in 2000 consisting right now of Edge, Christian, Rhino and Chris Candido. This is a continuation from a 1997 scenario, so in this world she is still as over, if not more so than she was at the height of her fame in WWF.

The group is somewhat akin to Bobby Heenan’s Family or Jimmy Hart’s. She is the figure head, no matter who she manages or may bring in and she wants it all.

• 3 weeks later...

So I hired MJF to WWE a few years ago, and he came through NXT and up to the main roster and eventually teamed with The Miz as 'Better Than You'. I'#m thinking, long term, that after a few tag titles that MJF might want to go for a singls title and build up to winning a world title, so I might have Miz as his manager, not that he needs it but.

I was also thinking about makign a stable around them as well, with MJF being the main eventer, Miz the manager / occasional wrestler and a few others. Just wanted an idea of a name for the stable, it'd be a bunch of people who think they're better than everyone else. Also am thinking about who would join it too. I'm in 2025 but have most of the good AEW people on the roster somewhere too, so wanted some reccomendations perhaps. Maybe The Revival because oif the past?

So I hired MJF to WWE a few years ago, and he came through NXT and up to the main roster and eventually teamed with The Miz as 'Better Than You'. I'#m thinking, long term, that after a few tag titles that MJF might want to go for a singls title and build up to winning a world title, so I might have Miz as his manager, not that he needs it but.

I was also thinking about makign a stable around them as well, with MJF being the main eventer, Miz the manager / occasional wrestler and a few others. Just wanted an idea of a name for the stable, it'd be a bunch of people who think they're better than everyone else. Also am thinking about who would join it too. I'm in 2025 but have most of the good AEW people on the roster somewhere too, so wanted some reccomendations perhaps. Maybe The Revival because oif the past?

Did you watch MJF in MLW by chance? While he was there, he led a stable with Richard Holiday and Alexander Hammerstone known as The Dynasty. If you watch the old promos and such they did together, I could easily see Miz fitting that "dynastic" vibe and giving it more cachet at the WWE level. Now as a Hammerstone fan, I'd like to think he'd be a big enough star that he wouldn't need to be a support guy in a global stable by 2025. But put another up and coming power guy in his role and you could be set.

The Revival is a famous tag team that wrestled in WWE, so probably not the best idea.

In one of the WWE games, there was a stable called BTU/Better Than Utopia or something like that. I always like initials and have used that numerous times over the years.

• 1 month later...

I want to pair Marcus Bagwell and Scotty Riggs in my 94 save, but hate the name American Males. Any ideas?

Also, I want to pair Del Wilkes and Tom Brandi together, both under their Patriot gimmicks and masks.

Del Wilkes starts the game off as The Patriot, but I'm torn on what to call Brandi and the team itself.

I

Also, I want to pair Del Wilkes and Tom Brandi together, both under their Patriot gimmicks and masks.

Del Wilkes starts the game off as The Patriot, but I'm torn on what to call Brandi and the team itself.

You can aleays take a page from All Japan and call Brandi "The Eagle" in reference to Patriot's tag partner, George Hines, when he works Japan.

I want to pair Marcus Bagwell and Scotty Riggs in my 94 save, but hate the name American Males. Any ideas?

Stars and Stripes is what Bagwell & Patriot used when they teamed. That could work for either team. I like the idea of the Eagle. But, The Minute Man, The Soldier, The Veteran, The American Eagle (to differentiate from Hines), The Falcon, and The Captain are some I've thought of.

Can't blame you on the American Males thing. Thing that got me back in the day is that the USWA had a guy, I want to say Curtis Thompson, who had a very similar U.S. Male nickname and whose backstory suggested he'd been a letter carrier prior to wrestling. Although whether that was legit or merely kayfabe I don't remember ever knowing. So I used to wonder why WCW didn't just snatch him up if they wanted an "American Male" type.

As for the alternate name thing, do you intend for the crowd to be aware that Bagwell & Riggs are themselves? If not, prior to building his name in WCW, Bagwell had wrestled in the GWF as The Handsome Stranger. Sort of a romance novel hero gimmick where he gave roses to the women in the crowd and wore a Long Ranger style mask to hide his identity. You could extend that to Riggs as well to have a pair of Handsome Strangers.