Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

6 hours ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

Do they have a specific gimmick, or is it just "Random French-speaking wrestlers bundled together because it'd look cool" ?

I'm pushing Dupree to the moon, so it's essentially Dupree and lackeys that allow him to be a weasely heel. It's a fairly anti-American gimmick, but mostly to give Dupree's opponents some fodder.

In this case, here are a few suggestions, with their meanings in English if you need them:

La Confrérie ("The Brotherhood"/"The Society"/"The Fraternity")
L'Union ("The Union", and Duprée would get annoyed at announcers pronouncing it the English way)
La Compagnie ("The Company", as in a group of mercenaries)
La Cohorte ("The Cohort", obviously)
Le Groupuscule (literally "Small Group", but you mostly use that for a small group of fighters, whether they're on the good side or seen as terrorists)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

In this case, here are a few suggestions, with their meanings in English if you need them:

L'Union ("The Union", and Duprée would get annoyed at announcers pronouncing it the English way)
Le Groupuscule (literally "Small Group", but you mostly use that for a small group of fighters, whether they're on the good side or seen as terrorists)

Some of these are the first entries in a master doc of cool sounding tag/stable names I'm starting for personal use. 

11 hours ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

Excellent! I love the first two especially.

4 hours ago, seanzie87 said:

Excellent! I love the first two especially.

Glad to be of help !

6 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Some of these are the first entries in a master doc of cool sounding tag/stable names I'm starting for personal use. 

Since French is my native language, feel free to ask if you want more themed ones in French !

Hey yall. I'm playing a C-Verse save as USPW and I'm doing a bit of poaching from TCW and SWF. My challenge is that Reverie wants to copyright all gimmicks and names, so I have to come up with something USPW specific for each worker I sign. Can anyone suggest names that are still within their gimmicks for any of the following workers for me?

High Flyin Hawaiian

Forest Ratzloff

Magnum Kobe

57 minutes ago, d12345 said:

Hey yall. I'm playing a C-Verse save as USPW and I'm doing a bit of poaching from TCW and SWF. My challenge is that Reverie wants to copyright all gimmicks and names, so I have to come up with something USPW specific for each worker I sign. Can anyone suggest names that are still within their gimmicks for any of the following workers for me?

High Flyin Hawaiian

Forest Ratzloff

Magnum Kobe

For HFH you could go with something like Kai Ipono ( I think Ipono is his actual last name but any name can work) of if you just want a single name you could do KOA (Hawaiian for warrior)

Roscoe is another name that means Forrest and fits his look.

I'd do something silly for Magnum and name him something like Colt Wellington or some other gun/fancy meat combo.

• Like 1

hell-o! 
just imagine ... in the late nineties, WCW brought in even more WWF stars.
what names would WCW have given the likes of Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker ( "The American Bad Ass" Mark Calaway,
or "Mean" Mark Callous again?  🙃 ), Triple H ( just Paul Levesque?) or Mankind? 
what names/nicknames/gimmicks would you give them if you were WCW in the late nineties.

Edited by Bobby Brown

13 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

hell-o! 
just imagine ... in the late nineties, WCW brought in even more WWF stars.
what names would WCW have given the likes of Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker ( "The American Bad Ass" Mark Calaway,
or "Mean" Mark Callous again?  🙃 ), Triple H ( just Paul Levesque?) or Mankind? 
what names/nicknames/gimmicks would you give them if you were WCW in the late nineties.

Honestly, based on WCW's history with guys like Hall, Nash, Hennig, etc, I think it's pretty likely that they'd have gone with real names whenever they needed to. Bischoff has talked about wanting a more "realistic" presentation compared to the WWF at the time.

So for your examples, I'd think Mark Calaway, Paul Levesque and Mick Foley would work. Shawn Michaels probably owns his name since he used it before the WWF (much like Luger, Rude, Piper, Savage, etc), so I imagine you'd be safe to stick with that (just no HBK nickname).

Just my two cents. :) 

I'm looking for a tag team (or a possible stable name altogether) for Aramis (from MLW and Mexico) and Chris Sabin. Their stable's leader is La Mascara who founded Los Ingobernables in CMLL. So now I'm tempting to just go the Los Ingobernables de Canadá (with the accent of course) but does anyone has a better name? And also a name for Aramis and Sabin as a tag team by themselves will also be appreciated.

21 hours ago, Almaida said:

Honestly, based on WCW's history with guys like Hall, Nash, Hennig, etc, I think it's pretty likely that they'd have gone with real names whenever they needed to. Bischoff has talked about wanting a more "realistic" presentation compared to the WWF at the time.

So for your examples, I'd think Mark Calaway, Paul Levesque and Mick Foley would work. Shawn Michaels probably owns his name since he used it before the WWF (much like Luger, Rude, Piper, Savage, etc), so I imagine you'd be safe to stick with that (just no HBK nickname).

Just my two cents. :) 

exactly my thoughts. thank you! 🙃

• Like 1

In 1996 in a WWF game. I just signed Nikita Koloff to be a manager and he is going to manage a team of Lance Storm and Perry Saturn who I have just signed both. Going to be the "tough, no nonsense, bad ass" type of team.

I'm racking my brain and the best name I have come up with for them is The Assassins which I don't love. Suggestions?

1 hour ago, mmaaddict said:

In 1996 in a WWF game. I just signed Nikita Koloff to be a manager and he is going to manage a team of Lance Storm and Perry Saturn who I have just signed both. Going to be the "tough, no nonsense, bad ass" type of team.

I'm racking my brain and the best name I have come up with for them is The Assassins which I don't love. Suggestions?

The Impact

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 1:30 PM, mmaaddict said:

The Pain Division

The Hard Truth

Iron Will

The Iron Fist

The Iron Curtain

Edited by ink625

19 hours ago, JAK said:

So Takenori Doi and Yuta Isono have excellent chemistry while teaming in my save. What name should I give them? 

It's probably bad that I would love to see two Japanese wrestlers in an American sports entertainment company (it would work with two Mexican, British, Canadian, what-have-you wrestlers) called "Those Two Japanese Guys".

St.T

While on paper it does sound bad, I think a "These Two X Guys" could work if brought for a short-to-middle-lived tag team with a storyline that explains the name. For instance, I could very well see it work if the team debuted in a tag team tournament as the "created on the spot so there are enough teams" team that decides that since the GM forced them together simply on the basis of their nationality, they'll call themselves "These Two X Guys" as a form of protest.

Something with backstage interviews where they reply that "since apparently we're just those two japanese guys to the GM, that's what we'll be called" when asked by the interviewer what they want to be called, them interrupting the ring announcer with a "No no no no, friend, we're not "the team of Takenori Doi and Yuta Isono", we"re juste "those two Japanese guys", we don't matter", etc. And then either the fans love it and boo the GM, or consider them as crybabies and they can turn heel that complain all the time.

• Like 1

So I just started a potential 92 save and out the gate I know I want to have a stable made up of Rey Misterio Sr and some of his students. I'm struggling on a name. I keep leaning on Legado del Misterio, but that sounds too modern I guess. Misterio is going to be a veteran presence in my junior division and I'm a sucker for stables and veterans with proteges. 

Any early 90s sounding names for what I have goin?

14 hours ago, Jaysin said:

So I just started a potential 92 save and out the gate I know I want to have a stable made up of Rey Misterio Sr and some of his students. I'm struggling on a name. I keep leaning on Legado del Misterio, but that sounds too modern I guess. Misterio is going to be a veteran presence in my junior division and I'm a sucker for stables and veterans with proteges. 

Any early 90s sounding names for what I have goin?

Los Misterios

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MidKnightDreary said:

What about just The Mysterio Army? 

8 hours ago, Captain Kayfabe said:

Los Misterios

3 hours ago, James The Animator said:

So I looked at Rey Sr’s Cagematch profile and saw a few of his trainees that debuted before 1992. You’ve got Rey Jr of course, but you also have Konnan, the original Psicosis, and Damian 666 on that list. That’s a stacked group comprising a lot of the guys who amazed international audiences with their take on lucha libre.

Looking at this list, I’m also getting the impression that Damian will eventually turn against the rest of them.So I’m looking for a name that will foreshadow the group’s tragic demise after (probably) great success and refer to their groundbreaking styles. How about la Nación del Sol (Nation of the Sub)? That’s an allusion to the story of Icarus.

I love all of these! Yeah, I had planned on Konnan, Rey Jr, Psicosis, Damien, and Misterioso being the members, but didn't want to spoil it lol 

I'm actually going to use all three names for various pairings within the group, but I think Mysterio Army is the winner for the stable name itself. 

Thanks guys. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 4:47 AM, JAK said:

So Takenori Doi and Yuta Isono have excellent chemistry while teaming in my save. What name should I give them? 

It's a little dark, but in my game my Japanese stable is called Tojo-gun (Tojo's Army) which gets its name from Hideki Tojo - former Prime Minister, General for the Japanese Army, and convicted war criminal. 

8 hours ago, CQI13 said:

It's a little dark, but in my game my Japanese stable is called Tojo-gun (Tojo's Army) which gets its name from Hideki Tojo - former Prime Minister, General for the Japanese Army, and convicted war criminal. 

I have a dark sense of humor, so this made me chuckle.

Then there were a few questions that were inspired. Alright...most of them were smarta$$ remarks masquerading as questions...

St.T

• Haha 1