Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

I can't seem to settle on a name for a Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell, and Jeff Jarrett stable in my Bischoff Buys WCW May 2001 save. Steiner is the de facto leader since he's currently the most over heel in the company, Bagwell is his occasional tag team partner and BFF, and Jarrett is the third wheel who has recently realigned with them both but sees himself as the group's centerpiece when he clearly isn't. All three guys have ties to the nWo as well as the ill fated Magnificent Seven, but I really don't want to retread the nWo stuff for at least the first few years of the save and the other members of the Magnificent Seven aren't even with the company now so circling back to that is out. I briefly thought about lifting the Main Event Mafia gimmick from TNA but between Steiner's single (but solid!) world title reign, Jarrett's four terribly forced Russo-riffic reigns that lasted less than two months combined, and Bagwell's never having been truly booked as a top guy at all (though I'm trying him out as one because the roster is a skeleton crew), the "Main Event Mafia" name doesn't really feel earned? I don't see them existing as a trio for longer than a year tops and I don't really want to center the whole company around them or anything because that had been done to death in WCW, but I'd like for the group to at least have a nice name that fits. I'd love some suggestions!

I'm gonna hold onto The Chosen Few for a potential Jarrett vanity stable down the line, so... thanks for that! I wound up dropping the 's' from your second suggestion and calling this group The True Blood because I like the way it sounds and I love that it riffs on The New Blood. Taking even a subtle jab at Russo feels VERY on brand for a Bischoff led 2001 WCW.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a strange request,  I know...but I'm playing the Over 9000-verse as the CFC and I need a name for Mario-themed Bloodline-esque stable with Mario in the Reigns role(Wario,Waluigi,Peach,Rosalina, Luigi and Bowser will also be parts of the stable). I was leaning towards "The Superstar Saga" but I wanted to see if anyone had something more creative.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm planning on doing a Cobra Kai inspired story with Mustafa Ali (well, just started). He opens a wrestling school with his first student, Buddy Murphy. Over time, he gets more heel students. Pretty much what I'm asking is would anyone have a good Cobra Kai-inspired nickname for his wrestling school? I have Ali Valley Wrestling right now which is fine, but I don't love it. It also leads to a problem if I follow the Cobra Kai plot out (and I do plan on it) and Ali is eventually usurped, the name doesn't really work. 

Anyway, if anyone's curious. Here are the analogues I have in my head right now (it's obviously not going to be a 1 to 1 recreation of Cobra Kai, but it's gonna be pretty obviously taking key elements from it.) 

Mustafa Ali - Johnny 
Neville - Daniel 
Buddy Murphy - Miguel 
Adam Cole (Possibly) - Hawk 
Daniel Bryan - Kreese
James Ellsworth - Robby 
Roderick Strong - Dimitri
Bianca Belair - Sam 
Mandy Rose or Sonya Deville - Tory 
Ariya Daivari and Mark Andrews as the side characters 

On 3/15/2023 at 9:13 PM, Everything Ken said:

So, I'm planning on doing a Cobra Kai inspired story with Mustafa Ali (well, just started). He opens a wrestling school with his first student, Buddy Murphy. Over time, he gets more heel students. Pretty much what I'm asking is would anyone have a good Cobra Kai-inspired nickname for his wrestling school? I have Ali Valley Wrestling right now which is fine, but I don't love it. It also leads to a problem if I follow the Cobra Kai plot out (and I do plan on it) and Ali is eventually usurped, the name doesn't really work. 

Anyway, if anyone's curious. Here are the analogues I have in my head right now (it's obviously not going to be a 1 to 1 recreation of Cobra Kai, but it's gonna be pretty obviously taking key elements from it.) 

Mustafa Ali - Johnny 
Neville - Daniel 
Buddy Murphy - Miguel 
Adam Cole (Possibly) - Hawk 
Daniel Bryan - Kreese
James Ellsworth - Robby 
Roderick Strong - Dimitri
Bianca Belair - Sam 
Mandy Rose or Sonya Deville - Tory 
Ariya Daivari and Mark Andrews as the side characters 

Strike First Academy
No Mercy Wrestling

Does anyone have any suggestions for a NXT stable with Anthony Greene (renamed Avery Grey, because August Grey sounds awful) as the leader, along with a new duo of "Platinum Hunnies", Ava Everett teaming up with Chardonnay instead of Angel Sinclair ?

I want to keep the "retro" vibe of Greene, but the Hunnies will be a bit more manipulative, smart and badass: sure, they'll still be very "handsy" with their boss and use their charms to distract either Greene/Grey's opponents or the referee, but they'll be portrayed as pretending to be idiots for the sake of being underestimated. Basically, they'd be the "Miami Vice underground criminal and his trusted sexy right hand women" you could imagine in Lucha Underground (although with a bit more comedy) rather than "Godfather and the Ho train", if you will.

Later, I might consider adding more members as henchmen, or turn the act more towards comedy so I don't end up with several "criminal" stables (since there will also be the D'Angelo Family and a Cartel-like stable), but as of now that's more or less the direction I want to go with this.

I like it, and would probably have used it if my brain hadn't decided randomly at 3AM to think of a whole new direction for the group: rather than be criminals, they'll be the exact opposite, a private detective and his two sidekicks (who are not so secretly in love with him).
He's going to be the most oblivious, moronic detective you'll ever know but somehow find out the criminals (since I'll have a lot of those), sometimes investigating on his own (like, say, the D'Angelo Family), sometimes hired by someone else (either a face that wants to know the truth, or a heel that wants him out of the way only to make Grey realise he's been duped and arrest the bad guys). Whenever a case will be solved, the girls will be even more in love with him.
And they'll be called... The Retrospectors 😎

... I promise I'm not on drugs.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

Obviously, it has to be Retro Koldwin Orton, and with the logo a copy of the MGM one, only with the lion replaced by a viper.

On a more serious note, the Blockbusters ? The Studio ? The American Hot Shots (for a pun on the American shot) ? Box Office ?

I had to.

RKO.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to pair Johnny Ace and his brother Marcus as a tag team. Was thinking of calling him Mark Spade, but I figured I'd come to you guys just in case someone has something better. 

A tag team name would be helpful too. Trying to avoid Ace of Spades though as I think I'm going to call their finisher that. 

10 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

I decided to pair Johnny Ace and his brother Marcus as a tag team. Was thinking of calling him Mark Spade, but I figured I'd come to you guys just in case someone has something better. 

A tag team name would be helpful too. Trying to avoid Ace of Spades though as I think I'm going to call their finisher that. 

I like Mark Spade, and love the idea. Maybe go with "Marcus Spade" though 'cause for some reason, that sounds better with Johnny Ace.

The Ace of Spades is traditionally known as the "Death Card" which isn't a bad name for a tag team. But there's other nicknames in playing cards that could work like "Dead Man's Hand" which, if rumours are true, contained two black Aces. And a pair of Aces are often dubbed "Pocket Rockets" or "Snake Eyes", which could also work.

So I got Tommy End and Kenny Omega in an Irish developmental company in 2004. They just popped up with great chemistry, so I want to make them a regular heel team (they're both currently Unimportant), and I would love a name for them.

In fact, while I'm asking, I've got Thee Drew Galloway teaming regularly with Adam Windsor (heels; Galloway is Recognizable and Windsor is Unimportant) and Bobby Clancy teaming with Emil Sitoci (babyfaces who are both Unimportant). Any ideas would be appreciated.

Taking suggestions. Thanks.

St.T

Edited by St. Templar

On 4/7/2023 at 2:49 AM, St. Templar said:

So I got Tommy End and Kenny Omega in an Irish developmental company in 2004. They just popped up with great chemistry, so I want to make them a regular heel team (they're both currently Unimportant), and I would love a name for them.

In fact, while I'm asking, I've got Thee Drew Galloway teaming regularly with Adam Windsor (heels; Galloway is Recognizable and Windsor is Unimportant) and Bobby Clancy teaming with Emil Sitoci (babyfaces who are both Unimportant). Any ideas would be appreciated.

Taking suggestions. Thanks.

St.T

As Omega is the last letter of the Greek Alphabet, and Tommy End is called ... well, End, maybe something like Black Deadline, Terminal Fate, or in general something that means things are going to come to an end for their opponents ?

For Galloway and Windsor, how about Blue Blood ? Windsor is obviously a royal name, and Galloway comes from Scotland, so the link with the color Blue is easy to find.

And for Clancy and Sitoci, you could always combine their nicknames: Untamable Pittbulls.

• Like 2