Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

Not an exact fit to this thread but kinda...

So in my 1985 save I currently have Mike Rotunda as a face and I got nothing to do for him, and Ted DiBiase is getting hot with his Million Dollar Man gimmick. I want to repackage Rotunda to join DiBiase as a lackey and sometimes tag partner but Im not a big fan of the IRS character and few him as real freaking cheesy. Any ideas on how to repackage him in a similar but more serious or realistic way?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 3:48 PM, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

I was originally planning to push them on their own, but I threw the two together to fill a spot in a tag tournament and they ended up having great chemistry, so here we are: does anyone have a suggestion for the team of Ava Cherry (Solo Darling) and Selena Busch (Sandra Moone) ? Gimmick wise, they're pretty much their indy self, so bubbly fan favorites.

Team Cherry Bush?

I'm running an angle where Great Muta transforms Satoshi Kojima into a similar character, but I'm struggling for a name.  I'm using one of these two pics if that helps. I'm trying to avoid using the word Great, but using Koji is okay. He's Muta's protege in kayfabe essentially. 

Great Koji.jpgGreat Koji 2.jpg

1 hour ago, MidKnightDreary said:

Oni Koji
Demon Mask Koji

Oni gave me an idea! When I get home, I'm gonna look for another wrestler with a Muta type gimmick and Oni is going to be their tag name. Muta will have two protégé instead.

Thank you!

Anyone have suggestions for naming a cruiserweight tournament in 1992? 

I renamed WCW's light Heavyweight title to Cruiserweight and I'd like to have a singles and tag tournament for cruisers only.

Right now I'm considering either Best of the Cruiserweights, but that's a little wordy. 

I have a women's tournament called the Midlred Burke Memorial, so thinking maybe something relating to a legendary light weight worker? Maybe the Sayama Cup?

6 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Anyone have suggestions for naming a cruiserweight tournament in 1992? 

I renamed WCW's light Heavyweight title to Cruiserweight and I'd like to have a singles and tag tournament for cruisers only.

Right now I'm considering either Best of the Cruiserweights, but that's a little wordy. 

I have a women's tournament called the Midlred Burke Memorial, so thinking maybe something relating to a legendary light weight worker? Maybe the Sayama Cup?

Since you already have an idea about naming the tournament after a legend cruiserweight, I'll try to advise you on another direction as well. How about WCW Cruiserweight Grand Prix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a little bit of help with 2 of my stables in my AEW save following Revolution 2022

I'm going to continue the Eddie Kingston vs Jericho feud but go a different direction with it. Jericho is going to form a new stable but instead of the JAS i'm going to be bringing in Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli due to their history with Kingston, and they'll go up against Kingston/PnP/Homicide. So I need a name for both of those stables (not JAS or LAX). If you also have any other suggestions with who I can add to Jericho/KOW who fits the mould, preferably an up and comer or two who can get a rub, but not Sammy Guevara or Daniel Garcia.

Speaking of Garcia, I'm planning on keeping him with 2.0 as I look to create my trios titles and division, so I also need a name for them as well.

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Any suggestions for a Jesse Ventura talk show segment in WCW? It's in 92, so he'll be debuting soon and I want to use his entertainment skills and pop to help raise up some of my lesser pop workers. 

"Body Break" - it's a break in the wrestling action and he's Jesse "The Body" Ventura.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, James The Animator said:

Similarly, I would suggest "the Body Shop", as that phrase already has a commonly understood meaning (car repair center). It also follows in the rich tradition of wrestling talk shows named "the _____ Shop", following in the footsteps of Adrian Adonis & Brutus Beefcake.

Oops, I meant to say that I didn't want to use that because Jesse had used the Body Shop name in WWF. I love the name, I just think Vince would come calling if WCW used the name lol I know in TNA or maybe it was WCW, but Piper had a segment or two called In the Pit with Piper instead of Piper's Pit to skirt around copyrights. 

I have Homicide and Hernandez in my dev promotion in 97/98 and can't think of a name for them. It's too soon for LAX, which I'll be using as a stable in late 98 if I can keep this save going and they'll be apart of it. I just need a tag name and finisher name. One of their tag finishers in real life was a doomsday bulldog. I just don't want to use that name as I am trying to steal the Road Warriors lol

Also looking for a tag team name for "The Iron Man" Rob Conway and "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce in 97. They're in my dev promotion, so they're just Pearce & Conway currently. They're in a stable with "King of Old School" Steve Corino called The Dynasty. 

I don't want to use Dynasty as their tag name either.

I know there's something with "iron" in the name I'm not thinking. 

I thought of Generation Iron, but ehhh

12 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

Also looking for a tag team name for "The Iron Man" Rob Conway and "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce in 97. They're in my dev promotion, so they're just Pearce & Conway currently. They're in a stable with "King of Old School" Steve Corino called The Dynasty. 

The Iron Fist

On 8/4/2023 at 7:49 PM, Jaysin said:

The Foundry

The Forge

Forged in Fire

Iron Sharpens Iron

Forged in Iron