Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

I have a team of Paul Orndorrf and Ricky Stramboat that I cannot think of a name for. The dynamic between them is very that Orbdorrf was a heel when they faced each other and he respected Steamboat so much that he turned babyface they decided to form a tag team to compete in the number one contender’s tournament.

Wonderful Dragons - A play on their nicknames

'Mr Wonderful' Paul Orndorf and Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat

or Matter of Respect - In an interview explaining why the change of heart from Orndorf he could say 'It was just a matter of respect' and they could run with that?

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head

Need a name for the following stable:

Texas Pete (Leader), Texas Hangman, and Outlaw Wes Revell. Normally I would go with The Outlaws, but was hoping for something different. If anything, if/when Texas Pete gets poached and Outlaw Wes Revell has to take over, I'll switch it to The Outlaws.

5 hours ago, CQI13 said:

Texas Pete (Leader), Texas Hangman, and Outlaw Wes Revell. Normally I would go with The Outlaws, but was hoping for something different. If anything, if/when Texas Pete gets poached and Outlaw Wes Revell has to take over, I'll switch it to The Outlaws.

You could always go the Initials route, maybe GBT and have their signature phrase be God Bless Texas.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 6:05 AM, CQI13 said:

Incase you're looking for more options you could go the Yellowstone route and look for names of Texas ranches. 

- The Kings Ranch

- Four Sixes (6666)

- East Fork Trinity (its a river down in Texas and you have three guys) 

- Lone Star Gang

- The Longhorns (Kind of already mentioned above.) 

- The Stockman (If they are faces and Outlaws when they turn) 

• Like 1

I want to give Roman Reigns a new name outside of WWE. He had a scandal which forced WWE to release him and I sign him immediately. But Joe Anoa'i is such an ordinary name and he didn't have any indie history to draw inspiration from.

Also I'm looking for a tag team name for Killer (not Karrion🤢) Kross and Tommaso Ciampa.

Edited by JoshGallie

4 hours ago, JoshGallie said:

I want to give Roman Reigns a new name outside of WWE. He had a scandal which forced WWE to release him and I sign him immediately. But Joe Anoa'i is such an ordinary name and he didn't have any indie history to draw inspiration from.

Also I'm looking for a tag team name for Killer (not Karrion🤢) Kross and Tommaso Ciampa.

Before he was Roman Reigns in NXT he also went by Roman Leakee (pronounced Lee-A-Kee) if that helps. Also how about Psycho-Killers for Ciampa and Kross. Ciampa went by the Sicillian Psychopath back in ROH.

On 10/16/2023 at 7:30 AM, HiPlus said:

Incase you're looking for more options you could go the Yellowstone route and look for names of Texas ranches. 

- The Kings Ranch

- Four Sixes (6666)

- East Fork Trinity (its a river down in Texas and you have three guys) 

- Lone Star Gang

- The Longhorns (Kind of already mentioned above.) 

- The Stockman (If they are faces and Outlaws when they turn) 

Not sure why it never occurred to me to go that route. There's a lot of great names there.

On 10/14/2023 at 4:43 PM, James The Animator said:

Since Texas was the foremost rancher state back in the mid-to-late nineteenth century, this trio could be the Longhorn Hunters. Pete is the grizzled, stoic veteran who knows when to strike weakened opposition, Hangman is the reticent powerhouse Pete sends in whenever he needs someone destroyed, and Wes is the deranged backwoods survivalist whose insatiable appetite for new prey always threatens Pete's leadership.

Alternatively, I had a stable in my short-lived US deathmatch company called "The Drunk Syndicate". So you could just use that instead.

I really like that breakdown - gives me some extra details to work into their characters. Especially Wes and Pete. Not sure how quickly Pete will get poached (it depends on when USPW loses someone usually) but it gives me something to work towards if I can get Wes over enough fast enough to take over.

• 2 weeks later...

I've started a stable with Joe Gacy where he is doing a mix of his NXT gimmick and that of Brother Love. He found his first follower in Matt Tremont but may get others such as Akam (Rezar is in prison)  and Odyssey Jones among others. This may be consolation for not being able to do The Wyatt gimmick on a modern day save. I could always just go with Schism but would like some sort of nam akin to "The New Church" from TNA. Any suggestions for a name?

"

On 10/30/2023 at 6:51 AM, RaptorMcFly said:

I've started a stable with Joe Gacy where he is doing a mix of his NXT gimmick and that of Brother Love. He found his first follower in Matt Tremont but may get others such as Akam (Rezar is in prison)  and Odyssey Jones among others. This may be consolation for not being able to do The Wyatt gimmick on a modern day save. I could always just go with Schism but would like some sort of nam akin to "The New Church" from TNA. Any suggestions for a name?

The New Hope

The Family

The Chapel

The Messengers of Gacy

The Gathering

Faithkeepers

Sacred Sanctum

The Church of the Chosen/Believers/New Light/Hope/Ascendance/Faith/

The Devoted

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2024 at 6:15 AM, SuperRamenmakerOkada said:

I don't know if this fits the thread, but I need a name for a WCW Round Robin Tournament soon (I know they had the iron man, lethal lottery, nintendo top ten tournaments names but I don't think those are good.)

What kind of tournament is it?

I have a stable like the Dungeon of Doom but with talented workers:

Cobra

Spider Isako

Magic Cat

Chess Maniac

I am calling them The Island of the Misfit Toys.

Also have a stable of people from the Midwest (e.g. Adam Starnes, Bryce Ketcherside, Prime Time Jack Pryde) which I call Heartland Warriors.

• 1 month later...

Blowing some life into an old thread. Taking name suggestions for the following tag teams:

Carmella & Chelsea Green (heels)

Cedric Alexander & Cameron Grimes (faces)

Liv Morgan & Dakota Kai (faces)

Piper Niven & Nia Jax (heels)

As well as a stable name for Tiffany Stratton, Nikkita Lyons and Sonya Deville. They are heels and the working name are The Sirens, but not totally sold on it. I'm going for the vibe of extremely beautiful women who can manipulate and destroy you, either mentally or physically.

I'm looking for a new name for a reunited and now heel Cryme Tyme. This is in mid-2011, after Shad's heel turn and subsequent release with Shad now back in WWE on Raw playing the same serious, bad ass type character he had before the release while JTG is still the loudmouth heel he became after turning heel on NXT.

I'm also considering a group with R-Truth (2011 conspiracy version!), and really like the name House of Truth for the stable, but that's obviously been used in ROH, so I'm thinking simply "Nothing But The Truth".

15 hours ago, mrwright86 said:

I'm looking for a new name for a reunited and now heel Cryme Tyme. This is in mid-2011, after Shad's heel turn and subsequent release with Shad now back in WWE on Raw playing the same serious, bad ass type character he had before the release while JTG is still the loudmouth heel he became after turning heel on NXT.

I'm also considering a group with R-Truth (2011 conspiracy version!), and really like the name House of Truth for the stable, but that's obviously been used in ROH, so I'm thinking simply "Nothing But The Truth".

For the team:

Kill at Will

For the Stable:

The Truth, Truth & Consequences, Nation of Truth, Eye of Truth, The Undisputed Truth