SWF: Supreme Wrestling Federation

Spencer Spade is second on my franchise players list and is considered a huge star, he is categorised as a “Major Star” but he just capped at 80 POP! So, I’m curious as to if him capping at 80 pop will even effect much since he is considered a “Major Star” and is already viewed as a franchise player! I wanna put the World Title on him eventually but I wonder how he will go with it considering his POP is only 80!

That depends on the rest of your 'major stars'. 80 may be fine if everyone else is say 77-84 or so. I had an incident where I poached Raven Nightfall and got her to 71 popularity and 'major star' when everyone else was 68-78 in that tier. But when Alicia Strong (who I had poached previously and who started at 74 popularity when she joined us) hit 83, Raven dropped down to 'star'. It's just like previous TEWs with people bouncing from upper midcarder to main eventer (with autopush). I think it has to do with the average of the other people at that perception level. Raven's partner (Devil's Daughter) stayed at 'major star' at 74 but Raven dropped to 'star' with her 72.

I think if Spencer is beating other major stars, he'll keep the average down so he's still a major star. Plus, it's also possible for him to bounce above 80 temporarily before coming back down to his cap (or so the handbook says).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That depends on the rest of your 'major stars'. 80 may be fine if everyone else is say 77-84 or so. I had an incident where I poached Raven Nightfall and got her to 71 popularity and 'major star' when everyone else was 68-78 in that tier. But when Alicia Strong (who I had poached previously and who started at 74 popularity when she joined us) hit 83, Raven dropped down to 'star'. It's just like previous TEWs with people bouncing from upper midcarder to main eventer (with autopush). I think it has to do with the average of the other people at that perception level. Raven's partner (Devil's Daughter) stayed at 'major star' at 74 but Raven dropped to 'star' with her 72.<p> </p><p> I think if Spencer is beating other major stars, he'll keep the average down so he's still a major star. Plus, it's also possible for him to bounce above 80 temporarily before coming back down to his cap (or so the handbook says).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm fairly certain one workers popularity/perception makes no difference in how another worker is perceived.. It directly correlates to the companies popularity so as long as they are something like 6 points higher than the companies popularity after the buff from momentum is added, then they are considered major stars. . The main thing is momentum and the buffs you get from high momentum. I've got Major Stars that range anywhere from 95 popularity to 77 Popularity but the buff they are getting from having high momentum is what's keeping them above the threshold for consideration.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> The main issue you'll run into is how putting him over more popular guys will affect them because he's not gonna gain any popularity but they will lose popularity because of the gap between the two and then you might run into situations like I have where the worker with higher popularity turns out to have a cap lower than what they started with and will never get back what they have lost.</p>

<p>Valiant vs Des Davids © just got my joint highest rated match with 92 at Under Control. Not only is it the only one that didn't involve Rocky Golden but I'm extremely pleased with it considering I was so wary of giving Davids the world title in the first place. The downside is Davids still can't get past 73 pop & the loss caused Valiant to drop from 79/80 pop down to 70/71 across America. I've no idea why losses can be so damaging to popularity, unlike when it happened to Remo there is no mention of losses being bad in Valiant's gimmick. It was a tainted win too.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: Another couple of (imo) bizarre popularity outcomes from my Under Control. Bret Starr (71) beat ZWB (70), Bret want to 72, Z dropped to 65. Masked Patriot (58) & Matty Faith (51/52) beat Huntingdon (61/63) & Monty (56). Fame & Money lost 5 or 6 pop across the board, Patriot jumped to 63. Faith didn't change at all. Faith's pop hasn't actually changed in months & he seems to be stuck on Very Cold momentum despite a 26:15 w/l record. I started tracking him at the start of August, he's been successful in at least his last 10 segments but it hasn't budged. A 66 rated storyline ended with him at Very Good, still nothing. I know momentum we see is long term momentum but I'm no longer sure I can fix him. I'll have to turn him & hope that works.</p>

Valiant vs Des Davids © just got my joint highest rated match with 92 at Under Control. Not only is it the only one that didn't involve Rocky Golden but I'm extremely pleased with it considering I was so wary of giving Davids the world title in the first place. The downside is Davids still can't get past 73 pop & the loss caused Valiant to drop from 79/80 pop down to 70/71 across America. I've no idea why losses can be so damaging to popularity, unlike when it happened to Remo there is no mention of losses being bad in Valiant's gimmick. It was a tainted win too.

EDIT: Another couple of (imo) bizarre popularity outcomes from my Under Control. Bret Starr (71) beat ZWB (70), Bret want to 72, Z dropped to 65. Masked Patriot (58) & Matty Faith (51/52) beat Huntingdon (61/63) & Monty (56). Fame & Money lost 5 or 6 pop across the board, Patriot jumped to 63. Faith didn't change at all. Faith's pop hasn't actually changed in months & he seems to be stuck on Very Cold momentum despite a 26:15 w/l record. I started tracking him at the start of August, he's been successful in at least his last 10 segments but it hasn't budged. A 66 rated storyline ended with him at Very Good, still nothing. I know momentum we see is long term momentum but I'm no longer sure I can fix him. I'll have to turn him & hope that works.

I have definitely been seeing stuff like there here and there. The pop gains and losses can be real wonky at times and you get into the painful area of losing more pop than you can gain. I've been using protect and keep strong a lot more as a result, which does probably hurt my match grades but overall i'm still steadily building up pop. The Matty Faith thing is really interesting because he is having the exact same problem for me too. He's been in a secondary tag feud against Pain Alliance and he's been relatively strongly booked, but not strong that i've forced him. He's now unimportant and very cold. Masked Patriot isn't heaps better at cooled, but he's not fallen off a cliff pop wise. I'm really hoping Skull DeBones will start mentoring Faith soon, he has passed anything on since he formed that relationship. DeBones in storyline is aligned with Rogue but soon I may put Faith with him and hope it can rub off.

I've had the same issues in my RtG game about the momentum. I can book lower guys strongly, but they still steadily get into the ice cold range over a couple months while my guys at the top of the card stay relatively hot with ease.

The weirdness with popularity gains in this version of the game is a bit troubling. I thought I read somewhere in the help menus that there wasn't necessarily an overness cap in this game. Kind of disappointing to see that it appears there is. I'd prefer a situation where strong booking can make essentially anyone popular. Having the game pre-determine prior to start the caps on workers still is somewhat frustrating. Seeing the issues with Remo especially suck, as he and Rich Money is prior games were always my go to top heels, one being a bad ass and one being a chicken poo poo heel. And if Rocky Golden is having similar issues, then it isn't all about star quality like it has been before. Is there a chance we just don't understand the overness system yet and how to build it up once you reach a certain point? Are we maybe misunderstanding the mechanics involved?

I have definitely been seeing stuff like there here and there. The pop gains and losses can be real wonky at times and you get into the painful area of losing more pop than you can gain. I've been using protect and keep strong a lot more as a result, which does probably hurt my match grades but overall i'm still steadily building up pop. The Matty Faith thing is really interesting because he is having the exact same problem for me too. He's been in a secondary tag feud against Pain Alliance and he's been relatively strongly booked, but not strong that i've forced him. He's now unimportant and very cold. Masked Patriot isn't heaps better at cooled, but he's not fallen off a cliff pop wise. I'm really hoping Skull DeBones will start mentoring Faith soon, he has passed anything on since he formed that relationship. DeBones in storyline is aligned with Rogue but soon I may put Faith with him and hope it can rub off.

I was able to get Faith up to a 66 POP with hot momentum, but he has capped at 66 lmao! I changed his gimmick, so maybe that would be worth a try for you guys? His OG gimmick has a low rating I'm pretty sure!

So I am doing a brand split in my SWF game and need some tag teams to fill the void as I only have 6 tag teams on each brand (3 faces and 3 heels on each). I was trying to stay away from too many lightweights as they dont usually fit SWF but im not opposed to hiring some

The Hot Taggs, Wolfie and Kalder, are one of my favorite new teams. Nate DeMarcus and Tyrone are a fun power/lightweight team to bring in too, and some development time could get their entertainment skills up. Also, I like the LA Stars from NYCW, and feel like you could really use them as a classic masked jobber team or a super cheat-y heel team that uses their essentially identical look to switch in and out.

The Hot Taggs, Wolfie and Kalder, are one of my favorite new teams. Nate DeMarcus and Tyrone are a fun power/lightweight team to bring in too, and some development time could get their entertainment skills up. Also, I like the LA Stars from NYCW, and feel like you could really use them as a classic masked jobber team or a super cheat-y heel team that uses their essentially identical look to switch in and out.

Thank you! I looked at The Hot Taggs and they are a pretty solid team. I have never been real high on Nate DeMarcus cause his entertainment skills are poor. RIPW is at a good place at the moment, and I am booking in July currently and have 12 graduates set to debut from the training facility in August so I am trying to get guys that could be on the main roster, stat wise. The LA Stars aren't a bad idea.

Is there a way to overcome pop caps?

I'm trying to push spencer spade to the moon but he's capped at 73!

He's considered a star, has white hot momentum, he's won an annual tournament I setup but still 73. I really want to give him the world title but if he's going to stay at 73 is there any point??

Is there a way to overcome pop caps?

I'm trying to push spencer spade to the moon but he's capped at 73!

He's considered a star, has white hot momentum, he's won an annual tournament I setup but still 73. I really want to give him the world title but if he's going to stay at 73 is there any point??

I'd honestly say just bring this up in either Suggestions or Tech Support and hoep it gets resolved. There seems to be a lot of issues with pop caps.

I'd honestly say just bring this up in either Suggestions or Tech Support and hoep it gets resolved. There seems to be a lot of issues with pop caps.

Thank you for the suggestion, i've posted it in tech support as I believe it will be viewed sooner as opposed to putting it in suggestions.

I certainly hope it's a bug or a setting that needs adjusting as it looks to be happening to a lot of us playing SWF. In the meantime, fwiw I posted above about Des Davids being my World Champion with a 73 pop cap, him & Valiant got a 92 PPV main event so Spade should still be ok with the title if you really want to give him it.

my signing spree finally hurt me a bit today. Joss Thompson's USPW contract came up so I went for him, pretty strongly. Turns out after getting him on 120k a month, I see that he's in decline. His stamina since the start of the game has lost 6 points or so. His brawling is also going down, and now I have him for 4 years. Silly move on my part but USPW were bidding heavily on him too so i didn't think anything of it. Guess for the first year i can push him strongly and then maybe put him in a tag team or something? Still it hurts for that much money.

I randomly chucked this match together on a weekly episode of SWF Supreme TV as a part of a storyline I was running and I didn't expect it to be my first ever 100 rated match lmao!!

https://imgur.com/a/5zh0ZAy

I'm quite surprised because the feud I'm running is Triple-A (Mainstream Hernandez) vs. Atom Smasher for the world title and both of them are heels! Starr is apart of Triple-A's stable (rebranded RAT PACK) and is also a heel! So, this match was a cinematic match titled ''Atom's Acid Yard'' and it's a HEEL V HEEL match, so I expected some penalty from that, but I guess not lol!

The overall show ended up with a 97 rating, my highest yet!!

UPDATE: It was penalized for that odd combination but it didn't affect the rating!

Has anyone started a women's division in SWF? If so who do you normally hire and how do you plan on getting them over?

Alina America is the new Joanne Rodriguez. She's easy money and should have a rocket strapped onto her back. Foxxy Larue can easily be your Becky Lynch and 5SSW is stacked with talented women that you can either poach or sign to non-exclusive contracts depending on loyalty. There are also some AAA veterans that are unsigned and Kalliope Woodchuck from ZEN is a C'Verse fan favorite and remarkably just in her early 20's. Maybe poach one or two women from USPW but you probably want to build your own division by scratch imo

Getting them over is actually easier than male talent thanks to sex appeal angles. Use them in the middle of the card until they have enough pop and you could feasibly get a talented women's division up-and-running much faster than a cruiserweight division.

<p>With the new products added from the latest update I thought about changing SWF to Ruthless Aggression. Sort of to mirror how WWE gradually went from Attitude to Ruthless Aggression.</p><p> </p><p>

The main reason I'm leaning towards this decision is because SWF and USPW products are very similar to each other. Basically to give SWF a way to distinguish itself from USPW.</p><p> </p><p>

The bad news is it would take 1 year for the change to go into effect and popularity gains for the company would be stagnant.</p>

morrisette.png

Very happy to reach that milestone. Under Control had a Fatal-4-Way #1 contender's match between Crippler, Scythe, Lau & Remo - Scythe pinned Lau to win. Crippler tombstoned GM Eric Eisen to turn face followed by a bit of Austin-McMahon treatment and finally he put his career on the line to make it a Triple Threat against Scythe & Des Davids. Next stop is the Buried Alive match and then the Underwater (re)Union should ring in the new year.

With the new products added from the latest update I thought about changing SWF to Ruthless Aggression. Sort of to mirror how WWE gradually went from Attitude to Ruthless Aggression.

The main reason I'm leaning towards this decision is because SWF and USPW products are very similar to each other. Basically to give SWF a way to distinguish itself from USPW.

Quite like this idea. USPW were my main company in 2016 and so far this does feel too similar to where I went with it. In fact I'm not even sure if Buried Alive will work on the current product, I know Steel Cells don't.

<p>Just booked Welcome to the Jungle. Had Nicky Champion debut at the TV before to tell Remo he will be ringside to make sure ZWB gets a fair match. Behind the scenes, this whole feud hasn't really gone well. ZWB and Remo have bad chemistry, not awful, but still annoying. Then Champion debuted with a poor gimmick rating. Not ideal for the biggest babyface in the company right now with Golden on vacation. Seems like Golden will be keeping his top spot for now. Remo vs ZWB did an 80, which is about as well as I could expect. </p><p> </p><p>

Meanwhile, the North American Title scene has been producing excellent matches, new champion Spencer Spade (just signed him for 10 years, then he came up with a new catchphrase) defended his title for the first time against 3 other men, Des Davids, who's obsession with the belt he lost hasn't stopped, Lenny Brown, the man who lost the NA title at SC40 and has obvious history with Davids, and El Mitico Jr, who showed he wasn't ready to be pushed around by Spade when Spade confronted him backstage at Supreme TV. Spade retained, and the match did an 85 in the middle of the card. Spade is pure fire, him and his manager have great chemistry, he delivers all the time, and is getting better. He probably won't lose the belt until the next Supreme Challenge because the heel side of things is still heavy at the top of the card, but honestly he is great. So are all these guys to be honest, Brown has gained 11 points to his SQ and is now at 85, and I still have promises from Remo and Golden to put him over. He goes into a World Title feud shortly with Remo but I don't think I can pull that trigger still.</p>

Crippler beats Golden at Nothing To Lose 2020?

I'm looking at my SWF save and somehow Golden promised to put over The Crippler one time, so I'm thinking he does it at February PPV for the World Title before the promise expires. Should it be clean, tainted, interference, or distraction and can you think of someone that would have a reason to help The Crippler or wanna damage Golden? or a good story

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jeronullet" data-cite="jeronullet" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm looking at my SWF save and somehow Golden promised to put over The Crippler one time, so I'm thinking he does it at February PPV for the World Title before the promise expires. Should it be clean, tainted, interference, or distraction and can you think of someone that would have a reason to help The Crippler or wanna damage Golden? or a good story</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You have to find a way for Golden to come out looking strong and having a reason to feud with someone else rather than going straight back to the World Title, assuming you don't want to hotshot it straight back to him. There's any number of heels on the roster but depends on how you want to do it. Atom Smasher always seems to have a reason to me, Golden is THE hero of SWF, Smasher is a hero gone rogue so to speak. I've talked about it before but always seems like a ready made character to target the big good guys. You could also do someone like Remo, although you'd want to save that for a big PPV most likely. Or you can do a brash young guy like Starr, Spade, Davids etc who thinks Golden will finally give them the attention and respect they deserve. Hope this helps and didn't go too ramblely.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jeronullet" data-cite="jeronullet" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm looking at my SWF save and somehow Golden promised to put over The Crippler one time, so I'm thinking he does it at February PPV for the World Title before the promise expires. Should it be clean, tainted, interference, or distraction and can you think of someone that would have a reason to help The Crippler or wanna damage Golden? or a good story</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A couple ideas:</p><p> </p><p> 1. The feud with Scythe continues, and Scythe interferes or distracts to cost Golden the belt. Setting up a Casket Match or something of the like in the future.</p><p> </p><p> 2. Eric Eisen, as commissioner, causes Golden to lose. Setting up a weird Austin/McMahon style storyline. I don't like this as much because Rocky doesn't seem like the anti-hero type, but maybe Eric sees Golden as his brother/father's choice as the face of the company and he wants to insert someone else (Crippler? Remo? Davids? Spade?) and builds a stable to keep Golden down until he wins it back at Supreme Challenge.</p>