SWF: Supreme Wrestling Federation

<p>Welp - I got dropped by CANN. I'm a veteran TEW player, but I'm having the damndest time getting good grades, in either angles, matches or shows. My top show grade is an 81 (!). My top matches are a pair of 85s, and one wasn't even a main event. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but four-way brawls with Golden, Scythe, Rogue and Remo are giving me jack squat. I've even re-run shows to try and get better ratings so I wouldn't lose popularity and even that didn't help much.</p><p> </p><p>

Luckily I already have SWF Network set up, so I guess Supreme TV will go there for the time being - I'll just miss out on broadcast revenue. I really don't want to start over, but TBH, I don't know how much I can do differently.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
Welp - I got dropped by CANN. I'm a veteran TEW player, but I'm having the damndest time getting good grades, in either angles, matches or shows. My top show grade is an 81 (!). My top matches are a pair of 85s, and one wasn't even a main event. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but four-way brawls with Golden, Scythe, Rogue and Remo are giving me jack squat. I've even re-run shows to try and get better ratings so I wouldn't lose popularity and even that didn't help much.

Luckily I already have SWF Network set up, so I guess Supreme TV will go there for the time being - I'll just miss out on broadcast revenue. I really don't want to start over, but TBH, I don't know how much I can do differently.

Change the timeslot for SupremeTV to Late Night.

I'm thinking of creating a medium-sized broadcaster across North America. I wouldn't show SupremeTV or Genesis on it. Instead, I would use broadcaster to build the popularity of my developmental workers. This would allow RIPW (and another developmental company I just created) to run weekly TV shows and, in turn, give my wrestlers A) more experience and B) more popularity in North America.

Has anyone done anything like this? I think I'd call it something like "Supreme All Access."

I have actually created three broadcasters as my SWF Network. :o

SWF Network (Commercial)

The SWF Network has officially been launched by the SWF. Michael Avatar's vision is one of layered, but global, exposure.

The commercial part of the Network offers the SWF Shows Supreme & Uprising, for all the fans across the world!

Also part of the package are interview segments, documentaries and a variety of shows showcasing the personal lives of the SWF Superstars.

SWF Network: Free Content.

The Free Content part of Network offers content free of charge, for anyone interested. The RIPW Events & TV Shows, plus SWF Elite will be broadcast for free, for all fans to see!

SWF Network: Pay Per View

The PPV part of Network offers the SWF PPV Events, for all the fans across the world!

Change the timeslot for SupremeTV to Late Night.

I wouldn't even do that, I agree it's tough at first as it's a high minimum, you have to nail the storyline heat. The starting stories make that difficult.

As it turns out, getting dropped worked well for me. I put SupremeTV on my own network and my revenue went through the roof! I earned ~$1.6M in January and in April I'm up to almost $10M. Plus I created a separate PPV network for overseas territories that has worked too. Blessing in disguise!

<p>Anyone played the SWF in the 1977 (That 70's mod)?</p><p> </p><p>

I have recently be getting into a save with SWF in this mod and I am really enjoying it. I deleted the non-big four events so I am replicating the WWF events in the 80's a bit (King of the Squared Circle, Wrestling Classic, The Challenge (later becomes Supreme Challenge), Golden Dreams).</p><p> </p><p>

Other than the KOSC being a tourney driven show and The Challenge being my Wrestlemania style show any other thoughts?</p><p> </p><p>

I have enjoyed not having to worry too much about anyone getting stolen from under my nose since I am the largest company and most of the US companies cannot offer written deals. I did run in to an issue with Burt Selleck getting signed by another company - in the negotiations I wasn't worried since they could only sign him to a written deal but then they named him their head booker and since I am at war with them that somehow blocked him from working his PPA deal with me and he is now gone.</p>

• 1 month later...

So I'm starting an SWF game. I see I have a bunch of talent that is in a similar mold (lightweight athletic types): Huey, Jeffy, Zimmy, Randy, Parker and Mainstream (I know Parker isn't a lightweight but he still fits IMHO).

So Huey and Jeffy are a tag team. I like Randy's gimmick of "now I can shine". I found a cool render of Zimmy so I made him a type of out there type (think Matt Hardy in the "delete" stage). I think the default ZHB character is too similar to Randy Unleashed.

Note: Mikey Lau I don't count even though he kinda fits. I use him as a snarling, attitude giant killer character (think Wolverine's personality but he's not doing a super hero gimmick).

So that leaves Parker and Mainstream. Parker is nicknamed "the Future" and I wanted to push into that but I don't want to go so far as to make him "A Sun Knight of the Biztine Galaxy". So a mild futuristic vibe but not full on Star Wars. Of course if I wanted to do Star Wars I have Zimmy setting up a stable of weirdos but I don't think Parker needs it. He needs a hook but not a gimmicked up cinematic character. Oh and I want Parker to be a face s no "look how evolved I am" character. I do think i want a name change. Lorne would be the first name.

I'm kinda stuck on Mainstream. How do I make him not another show off lightweight with no other character dev? I'm thinking an Instagram selfie posting influencer dude (Kind of like Sammy G) with a side of Matt Hardy Version 1.0. Maybe Mainstream 2.0 or Mainstream Mark 2. I've also toyed with Jimmy Nirvana or Lance Joy.

Lance Joy: I've done that with Mainstream as a kind of takeoff on Jimmy Fallon. Then he dyes his hair and becomes a megachurch style pastor of the "House of Joy". That might be an idea but since I want to keep Mainstream a heel straight away I'd push into the perceived insincerity of late night hosts (BTW: I like Fallon). It would better transition into the preacher gimmick if I chose to use it. When I did it before (in 2016) he was revealed to be the leader of this new church when I stopped feeling the late night host gimmick.

Ideas anyone?

• 3 months later...

Hello. I want to book the SWF with a more Attitude era (product settings and a generally more mature feel, not necessarily all the Russoriffic stuff). Also I want to have heroes and villains but I want to be able to have heel vs heel matches. I also envision plenty of grey area characters.

I'd like to be able to do stories where two rival heels or heel stables fight (because they certainly wouldn't all be friends ala 80s family sports entertainment and while they might work together occasionally or have strategic truces they aren't going to just not compete with fellow heels over titles, position, prestige and money).

Question: should I have the face vs heel divide but not enforce it or should I have it turned off entirely?

Thanks!

Note: posted in the general gameplay questions thread as well. That one appears to be more active but this one is probably a better fit.

Hello. I want to book the SWF with a more Attitude era (product settings and a generally more mature feel, not necessarily all the Russoriffic stuff). Also I want to have heroes and villains but I want to be able to have heel vs heel matches. I also envision plenty of grey area characters.

I'd like to be able to do stories where two rival heels or heel stables fight (because they certainly wouldn't all be friends ala 80s family sports entertainment and while they might work together occasionally or have strategic truces they aren't going to just not compete with fellow heels over titles, position, prestige and money).

Question: should I have the face vs heel divide but not enforce it or should I have it turned off entirely?

Thanks!

Note: posted in the general gameplay questions thread as well. That one appears to be more active but this one is probably a better fit.

I would go with "not enforced" or "loosely enforced" rather than removed entirely.

Thanks!

I would definitely set it to not enforced. By keeping the divide on you can still have the workers turn to reset their momentum.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know why the history of the SWF tag titles only starts in 1999? Surely the company must have had tag titles before this. Is there a canon reason (like Eisen's hatred of tag teams) or is it just that the CornellVerse was never fully fleshed out in terms of the past? It kind of bugs me and I've thought about filling it in with the title history from the 97 mod, but I don't know if it really makes any difference.

Does anyone know why the history of the SWF tag titles only starts in 1999? Surely the company must have had tag titles before this. Is there a canon reason (like Eisen's hatred of tag teams) or is it just that the CornellVerse was never fully fleshed out in terms of the past? It kind of bugs me and I've thought about filling it in with the title history from the 97 mod, but I don't know if it really makes any difference.

There hasn't been a canon answer, as far as I know, but in my head, it is because they launched new titles in 1999 and retired the old ones. They clearly had to have had tag titles beforehand -- The Lords of War joined them in '97 and they couldn't have worked for two years with no belts.

Other people can obviously have their interpretations but that's how I've always looked at it (and I imagine it has a lot to do with the past not being as fleshed out). If I were you, I'd use the 97 mod's title history if it bothers you that much -- you'll just have to fill in the gaps between the start of the SWF tag title history in the game.

There hasn't been a canon answer, as far as I know, but in my head, it is because they launched new titles in 1999 and retired the old ones. They clearly had to have had tag titles beforehand -- The Lords of War joined them in '97 and they couldn't have worked for two years with no belts.

Other people can obviously have their interpretations but that's how I've always looked at it (and I imagine it has a lot to do with the past not being as fleshed out). If I were you, I'd use the 97 mod's title history if it bothers you that much -- you'll just have to fill in the gaps between the start of the SWF tag title history in the game.

Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured it was just because the CVerse past hadn't really been filled in. Thankfully, we do have that 97 mod to help fill the gaps, even if it's not exactly canon.

Gonna start up my first game planned long-term game since practically the launch of TEW 2020.

What if the Nemesis/Cornell bloodbath match in February of 97 was the event that sparked SWF attitude?

What if the red hot heel, Nemesis never was fired and continued his upward trajectory towards being an opponent for Christian Faith? How would DaVE fare? How would SWF fare with their newfound cult icon? How would SWF television change heading into the 21st century?

What if Tommy Cornell wasn't put in a throwaway tag team until his contract expired 6 months later? What if Tommy Cornell was continuing his ascent to stardom? What if HGC never signed the young phenom that would eventually go on to purchase the company and guide them to being the #2 promotion until Allen Packer came to be known to the wrestling world?

Hoping to answer these questions over the next few months!

<p>Question.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm trying to put together a team of Super Hero's ala The Boys. </p><p> </p><p>

Ive got: Atom Smasher as the lead, Mutant, and Colossus (Hell's Bouncer).</p><p> </p><p>

I'm thinking two more, but not sure who. I don't want to use Lobby either as this is essentially a Heel group posing as Babys. Thoughts?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="QFresh" data-cite="QFresh" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Question.<p> </p><p> I'm trying to put together a team of Super Hero's ala The Boys. </p><p> </p><p> Ive got: Atom Smasher as the lead, Mutant, and Colossus (Hell's Bouncer).</p><p> </p><p> I'm thinking two more, but not sure who. I don't want to use Lobby either as this is essentially a Heel group posing as Babys. Thoughts?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How about Island Boy Apollo and Juggernaut Jones. More FCW signings but they are both face painted and if you just renamed them to Apollo and Juggernaut, I think they'd fit.</p>

Question.

I'm trying to put together a team of Super Hero's ala The Boys.

Ive got: Atom Smasher as the lead, Mutant, and Colossus (Hell's Bouncer).

I'm thinking two more, but not sure who. I don't want to use Lobby either as this is essentially a Heel group posing as Babys. Thoughts?

Chill and Charger Siaki could be good shouts if you want to take advantage of people on your roster. Chill already sounds very Mr Freeze like and Charger Siaki could be another mutant.

Or if you want to go outside the company you could recruit former members of The Underwater Union (Jumbo Shrimp and Calamari Kid) if they are still active and have Smasher mutate them to make them heel) it could lead to a face turn for Crippler if you want to go that route?

Question.

I'm trying to put together a team of Super Hero's ala The Boys.

Ive got: Atom Smasher as the lead, Mutant, and Colossus (Hell's Bouncer).

I'm thinking two more, but not sure who. I don't want to use Lobby either as this is essentially a Heel group posing as Babys. Thoughts?

I am excluding obvious Masked wrestlers and obvious promotions(ZEN/WLW/EMLL), so few more options :

Captain Wrestling II (if you can)

Damian Dastardly

Nighthawk

Abominable snowman

Sky King

Outlaw Wes Revell

Mimic (with a mimic gimmick it could work):D

Thanks all for the feedback it's much appreciated.

I went like this

Atom Smasher

Colossus

Mutant

Juggernaut

Extrodinario

El Serpiente

Avalanche

Chill

Probably gonna cut Avalanche and Chill... I really can't get behind either of them. I thought about Mimic but didn't pull the trigger.

Does SWF have any canon signature gimmick matches?

If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, any tournament ideas?

I'm considering a G1 esq tournament called Supreme Grand Prix

There's the Welcome To The Jungle battle royale that I think a lot of players treat as their MITB briefcase equivalent too - I know I do.

Can't help you with the tournament. Other than occasional title eliminators I've never really considered that for SWF. It's a bit work-ratey

• 2 months later...

I was thinking of doing/testing a play through as Eric Eisen, I get the feeling he is a bit of a shady character, would do dirty tricks, wouldn’t care as much if people weren’t happy who weren’t making SWF money, would go against the goals as surely you wouldn’t get fired by your own brother… well I want to find out.

Anyone else played through as a ruthless, scheming owner or booker before?