Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods Thread BHOTWG

I can see BHOTWG following NJPW and embracing the western culture. Maybe a couple of guys from the US big 3 have made the jump and maybe they've even got a small TV deal in the US. KC Glenn will have blown up and gone full Kenny Omega, arguably best performer in the world and that's what encouraged other US talent to join.

I'm not expecting a carbon copy of NJPW but I think there'll be similarities.

I can see BHOTWG following NJPW and embracing the western culture. Maybe a couple of guys from the US big 3 have made the jump and maybe they've even got a small TV deal in the US. KC Glenn will have blown up and gone full Kenny Omega, arguably best performer in the world and that's what encouraged other US talent to join.

I'm not expecting a carbon copy of NJPW but I think there'll be similarities.

I think this is their general direction, with PGHW sticking more to their roots. I think BHOTWG has arguably the most versatile roster in the game, with strong Tag teams, possibly the best Cruiserweight division and their top end stars as well in the HW weight classes. If they added a women's division it would make them complete, i doubt that will happen though.

<p>The juniors are stacked, Sensational Dragon is 34 and in his prime and Emerald Angel’s a year younger. MYSTIC Dragon and Elemental III bubbling away just below them as a threat. Veterans Kiminobu Kuroki and Marihito Masuko as gatekeepers, and Helikaon, Hijo Del Relampago and Toju Munkata positioned to start moving up the card. </p><p> </p><p>

I just can’t work out what I’m doing with the heavyweights. Only Horri and Masuno are under 40 at the top of the card Sakai and Keith are the two best options in my opinion for a push but neither of them seem like true major stars. Takemura, Shimakage, Senmatsu and Toshitara all have the potential to be top guys too but none really feel like the guy. Just wondering how anyone else playing as burning hammer is planning to fill the void at the top of the heavyweight division now Kikkawa has retired and a lot of the other top talents probably will bow out in the next few years too?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CMPunkBubble" data-cite="CMPunkBubble" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47504" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> I just can’t work out what I’m doing with the heavyweights. Only Horri and Masuno are under 40 at the top of the card <strong>Sakai and Keith are the two best options in my opinion for a push but neither of them seem like true major stars.</strong> Takemura, Shimakage, Senmatsu and Toshitara all have the potential to be top guys too but none really feel like the guy. Just wondering how anyone else playing as burning hammer is planning to fill the void at the top of the heavyweight division now Kikkawa has retired and a lot of the other top talents probably will bow out in the next few years too?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just curious why you don’t see either of them as major stars? They both seem great.</p>

Booked the first month in. I signed ten more people, which puts my roster at 62. I tend to get a bit bloated, even when I don't want to.

I immediately put the Word title on Senmatsu. I like Horri, but I do like the idea of Senmatsu-gun and it's by far my favorite unit in the company. I added The Architect from MAW, Blackfrair from IPW, and gave Ko a mask and now he's VIRGIL.

The heavyweight scene is interesting. There's no clear cut stars underneath. Shimakage, Taro, Takemura, Toshitara, Sakai, Gensai are all solid but not great. Would put Keith above them. Not sure what to do with the Golden Army long term. For now I'm doing Ino-Gakusha and Keith-Takayuki 2000 for the Feb PPV. Plan is to do Senmatsu-Ino for Fire Dream. I put Toshusai and Nakasawa together as a team and they took the Tag titles. I'll let them run with it for a while. In my head, I want to give the title to Masuno by end of the year given that he's never won it and I've always liked him. Him getting a run can buy me some time to elevate Keith. One thing I always do in my BHOWTG saves is I'll go in the editor and put Sensational Dragon's max weight to middle and then ask him to bulk up. He's so good and has done everything in the junior division and so moving him up is something I do. At 35, in his prime and with the junior division stacked, I'll probably do the same and hope he wants to move up.

Never gave BHOTWG a try in any TEW version because of the awful name (:p) and this huge roster. Definetly will try them when the full release is out, being a NJPW fan since years i have to try Burning Hammer now, especially with the new features like excursions and stuff.

Egads

My first show with Burning Hammer was rated a 68. Which the main screen said wasn't actually bad. I might be in for a big learning curve with the last TEW game I owned being TEW 2010 and the one I've played the most being TEW 2007. A 30 minute draw in the main event between Nakasawa and Gakusha was apparently not a great idea. And Elemental III and Mystic Dragon got a 55 rating :eek: for a variety of factors including terrible chemistry.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="a0161613" data-cite="a0161613" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47504" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I got hammered for matches under twenty minutes (unimportant matches). I've tried to dig out a reason from the handbook and got nothing.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Presumably because the Burning Hammer product caps matches less than 20 minutes? When you say you got hammered, how significant were the penalties?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47504" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Presumably because the Burning Hammer product caps matches less than 20 minutes? When you say you got hammered, how significant were the penalties?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The only match over 70 was the main event and although i auto booked on a tour show, there were some big matches. Not sure of the exact percentage on the penalty though. I would have thought i would have seen a similar penalty with TCW that has a similar message in the product.</p>

Yeah I got hit a few times too. Not sure how much but any match with a main eventer will get you knocked if it's under twenty minutes.

Anyways more expanded thoughts on my first post now being home.

Having UEW and CILL take your young lions for excursions is great. UEW has an added bonus of allowing you to send people down there for development. I also found that OLLIE will take your young lions too and they have a good relationship with CILL so that's three places that I can send people too.

Other than Senmatsu-gun, I honestly don't love the units. Not a fan of NEO being split into two units as it comes off as nWo Black and White/Wolfpac (the logos for both lean that way.) Slaughterhouse is meh but I do like the idea of them being a more ground and pound esue unit so I signed Frankie Perez, Tsuenyo from EXODUS and stuck Sugiyama in there. Already talked about Golden Army and I'm unsure if this is a destiny roll or not but just about all of them have expiring contracts from a year and a half to two years. So I'm kinda stuck with them.

Junior division is stacked. Sensational Dragon/Elemental III/Emerald Angel/Masuko is a hell of a top four with Heliakon/MYSTIC Dragon/Crimson Ghost/Munkata underneath. On top of that, you have great depth with Kokan, Konda, VENOM, Shiomi, Golden Scorpion AND prospects you can try to push like Ko Minamoto and Hiraki (at 33, if you're going to push him, you gotta do it now.) Embarrassment of riches and another reason why I'll try to convince Dragon to go to the heavyweight division.

Like I mentioned, I have a tendency to sign a lot of people and so I'm curious to see who people sign first. My first signings were;

Aldous Blackfrair

Amazing Fire Fly

Frankie Perez

JOJI

Remmy Skye

Stunner Sayuki

And the heavyweights;

Frantic Ali

Fujio Narahashi

Kerry Wayne

Logan Wolfsbaine

<p>Just booked my first big show in "Burning Path", it got a 74 rating which is okay. Did Horri vs. Sakai for the big belt to have NEO vs NEO ongoing, but both men could not go over 20 minutes, which is a bummer for a product like that. They both have over 70+ Stamina, so i don't know why they're out of stamina in a 15 minute fight.</p><p> </p><p>

Nevertheless am not a big fan of the stables, i join with the previous speaker like Lo-Drew. I don't know but it feels like we got four stables with an invading background with Senmatsu-gun and the Golden Army of course and NEO. Be in mind i didn't play any minute with BHOTWG on the previous versions of the game (i mainly played with custom companies or BCG, GCG in Japan), so maybe i didn't see the right lead for NEO, but i think they're a more heelish group?!</p><p> </p><p>

The roster is huuuuuuge, so i got a bunch of irritated workers now because i left them off. Just for testing it's okay i guess, i will start a new save when the full game is release. First thing i'm going to do for me to look trough a lot better is to make Juniors division to filter it better while booking a show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CGN91" data-cite="CGN91" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47504" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Be in mind i didn't play any minute with BHOTWG on the previous versions of the game (i mainly played with custom companies or BCG, GCG in Japan), so maybe i didn't see the right lead for NEO, but i think they're a more heelish group?!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not the most familiar with BHOTWG either but from the various descriptions NEO struck me as fitting into the same space as Los Ingobernables de Japon, with perhaps a touch of Bullet Club (I mean, just look at the logo...) and the US version of the NWO thrown in there; started off as heels but ended up being so cool that it really didn't matter what their alignment technically was, people supported them anyway. Looking at it from a behind the scenes but in-universe perspective you can probably see it as a method of elevating two guys who were considered to not have lived up to their potential and a returning worker who arguably hadn't either during his time abroad to the main event.</p><p> </p><p> The current Prime vs X vs Slaughterhouse story obviously brings back memories of the NWO Hollywood vs Wolfpac but I think the split in NWO Japan may be a better example; Chono got injured and had to take time off like Masuno did, Chono returned, hated the direction the NWO Japan had gone in and formed Team 2000 to defeat them... just like Masuno formed SlaughterHouse. I also think the two current NEO factions can probably be looked at more like the Bullet Club split between the Firing Squad and the Elite; a faction dividing and feuding between those who wanted more of what they considered the original spirit and others who want to continue its current direction.</p>

What are everyone's first main stories? Am i'm the only one to end that NEO mess asap? :D

I quite like the stables and the first thing I did was try and even them out a bit so they have guys who can compete for all titles in all divisons in each faction. I have Helikaon and crimson ghost join slaughterHouse after Masuno is impressed with there never say die attitude in some six man matches against the juniors during the tour. Then I signed Tsuneyo Yanagimoto from EXODUS and team him with ko Minamino and have them go on a bit of a tear in the junior tag division which gets them noticed by Horri and Ino and soon after they are asked to join NEO Prime.

My big story in the junior division will be building Emerald angel to beat sensational dragon at night of the burning hammer. Just having angel win the BOTSJ and then winning the belt off Dragon at NOTBH.

In the heavyweights division I haven’t given much thought to the tag straps but I’m leaning towards building up the god butchers and having them dethrone the killing floor at some point. The world title will be going on Gakusha in a few months. He’ll then hopefully defend at NOTBH against Nakasawa making him my top guy. I want to see if I can put him in a position to carry the company while I build up Sakai, senmatsu and Keith. Speaking of Keith I’ll start positioning him to take over NEO Prime by having him go on a winning streak and the rest of prime lose faith in Horri and ino after they fail to regain the world title from the golden arm.

Other small things I want to do over time is retire Hyobanshi causing people to think the golden arm will disband but SUKI will come in to replace him. Have Sakai be handed leadership of NEO-X by Taira when the time is right. Other than than that I’m just gonna book and see what inspires me.