You guys ever book anything in TEW and later on it happened in real life?

A few years ago, I was running a short-lived diary based on WWE circa December 2015. Ran WWE TLC, and had New Day retain the WWE Tag Team Titles when Xavier Woods blasted one of the Usos with his trombone. Wouldn't you know it? Just a few weeks later, Xavier Woods uses his trombone as part of the finish to the tag title match. :D

I remember booking a WWE Draft in a diary post I had that was right before the 2005 real life draft. I decided to make BIG changes which had not happened in previous years draft. I had a lot of big stars like Cena and Mysterio switch brands to shake my game up a bit. I never had so many posts on my diary page before! So many posts saying how unrealistic my diary was! Then like two weeks later it was the biggest draft ever in real life.

I remember also starting a stable after Bradshaw made his switch to JBL. I added the Basham Brothers because I had nothing going on with them. In my game JBL called them his associates. A few months later in real life they joined his cabinet, way better name, and my mind was blown!

In a Monday Night War mod for TEW08, I had 3Count break up ... Then face each other in a 3 Way match. Basically the story was every band breaks up, so 3Count should be no different, except everyone wanted to be the Beyonce of the group, so ... a 3 Way match to settle it, winner becomes the Beyonce of 3Count.

Then like a year or two later, Legacy broke up and fought in a 3 Way at a WrestleMania.

Yup was thinking the same thing.. then I started thinking, WoW that must be hell of planning World title contenders + TV Contenders.

To officially book your World Champ vs Former TV champ, you need to have your World Champ not involved in anything at the same time as your TV Champ hitting the 7 Defense to start the storyline.

I might try this, I just don't know how I'll be able to plan this.

Yeah, after I posted this, I thought about it and wondered if it would fit into my booking style. I don't think it would. I like my champs to have few, but longer reigns, and a title like this would bounce around all over the place (not every holder would reach that magic cash in number, and if they did, it would be vacated an awful lot of times). But I do like the idea of being able to "Cash something in", but not in a MiTB style. I might look at it, maybe have it set at more than 7 defences.

I also don't think it would matter if the world champ was already involved in a story. With this, you're not telling the story of the champ, you are telling the story of the challenger. Will he be successful? Or will he lose (legit or cheated), and have to start again by winning back the TV title.

Sometimes I think it's cool to have a champion lose a belt by someone he's not feuding with. It depends on what they were feuding over, if they were only feuding over the title, then yeah, his "enemy" in a kayfabe world would move on (I don't want to fight you anymore, you don't have the title), that's why I think the best story lines are the ones that are over something deeper than just a championship (Savage - Hogan was all about Savage's jealousy over Hogans friendship with Liz), it just happened that Savage was still the champion. If Savage lost the belt before WM5, the Hogan - Savage match would STILL have made sense, as Savage really wanted to kick Hogan's ass.

I realized recently that I've basically been booking the formation of AEW for the past three games by creating a core group of wrestlers in the editor who are friends, giving them a promotion history either as indy darlings or underused but talented big promotion workers, and having them form a company. I've even given their promotion TV deals on major networks, or their own subscription service. I never even drew the comparison to AEW until I was thinking about what I was gonna do with the database when the demo comes out, lol.

Any of you guys ever do something similar? Book some storyline or angle in TEW and then see something similar happen in real life?

Very similar to yours I actually started a company in 2017 where my user character was Cody Rhodes and I signed Dustin and Brandi and called the company Rhodes Championship Wrestling. I did also sign The Bucks at a point in that save as well. Pretty eerie to think about

The most recent one for me was Brodie Lee as the leader of dark order and one of my great promo since i write . '' Segment with Brodie Lee and Dark Order

Last week we feld a disturbulance into the cosmics vibration fot he universe and i was stuked by a devine intervention. Yes a premonition, but happen last week was not the premonition me and by Brothers dream about last week was about an ego punk and mone young kids that want a pice of us, and you know me catapulte me over. So Young Bucks and Marty Scrull next week we will me into a epic battle''.

Also the AEW Intercontinental Title tornament before they introduce the TNT

Back in TEW13 I did an impact save, where I was pushing Chris Sabin as a singles competitor, as Shelly joined ROH on written deal. I had him turn heel and work with Hogan, he got over big time. Pushed him as world champ. Think about a year later, Sabin was crowned world champ on tv

Back in the first week of January 2020 I re-worked the roster of WWE and one of the additions was Bill Goldberg. I decided to make him the Universal Champion and Brock Lesnar stayed WWE Champion. I kept the belts on them so they could defend them at Wrestlemania 36.

I set both of them up as Heels in a "Paul Heyman Guys" stable and Paul helped the storyline build-up a whole lot with his mic skills. I got their opponents wrong though.

I also decided to set up a program starting at the Royal Rumble where John Cena and "The Fiend" would face each other at WM36. Cena was facing Goldberg in the Universal Championship match at the RR when Bray Wyatt interfered by attacking Cena to give Goldberg the win. I never did come up with an explanation on whether Heyman might have persuaded Bray to attack John so that Goldberg could get the win but hey, it's WWE where unanswered storyline plots are the norm! :)

Never tought It would happen in real life but with my small promotion in Canada, Jinder Mahal was my world champion at one point. After He was released, (3MB) with Drew McIntyre. I didn’t have a lot of stars. Hahaha. When my champ sign a written deal with NXT, I needed a new champ. Jinder was the second one. The wrestler that was champ before him for almost two years was Johnny Gargano. He only had a PPA contract with NXT at the beginning.

In a few different saves over the years, I would have a midcard title that would change gimmicks depending on the Champion, the ultimate version of Champion's Advantage. If a hardcore wrestler won the title, all of the matches would be under hardcore rules. Highflyer, Ladder matches. Technician, submission only. Chicken Shit Heel, opponent had to get two pinfalls or submissions where Champ only needed one. Stuff like that.

Progress Wrestling debuted the Proteus Championship last year with very similar rules

Do you keep up with NFL news?

I predicted Ross Henry to last only three months in the game before going back to football or Hollywood, haha. But now that that's also happened in real life, I don't want that anymore, and want Ross Henry to actually stick around. We'll find out what happened to him in a couple hours!

I think it's one of the reasons people play the game: they think they can do it better than in real life.

And most people can, given how "effective" WWE's booking has been.

Oh, mine is easy. I was booking the "women's revolution" a decade before Stephanie McMahon invented women's wrestling. :p:D

And I also booked Jamie Hayter and Bea Priestley to win the Goddess of Stardom titles years before they actually did (once, against the same team they beat for the titles).