What's Going on in Your Game?

On 11/1/2023 at 10:08 PM, Self said:

Always room for a little magic in CGC.

My last CGC 1997 game stretched to 2005, and one of my regrets was turning Eddie Chandler heel really early, and not enjoying him as a bland midcard babyface for as long as I should. Too tempting to get him pink and evil as soon as possible. 

Been trying to do this game for awhile. The second I saw Trauma Doll the storyline came to me immediately. She's actually a really good promo despite her lack of pop. 

I tried to find something for face Eddie to do. I came up blank. I tried to bounce him off of DaLay, Maverick and McClean. Maybe he could challenge for the TV title. Eventually that got boring. I already had a plan for that. So this was plan B. I think he's still a few years from Elite Eddie Chandler. It's going to be him exploring how low he will go. Like he gets caught in a sub and he could kiss the guy to get out but won't and taps. A few months later, same situaton but this time he is willing and wins. Not sure, how I'll portray it but I have an idea. I can have him be a villian of the week bouncing him off the DeColts as a heel. He's more interesting to me that way. Thought I could switch him.back face again if I need to, I doubt I will. 

EDIT: Seems like Trauma Doll will be with CGC for a long time

decoltdoll.PNG

Edited by DAVEFAN95

A real comedy of errors:

10 man round robin tournament for a title match at my big 1st quarter show. Jesse Christian (whom I had brought back into the database before the game started) gets hurt 2 matches into the tourney. Out for 3 months, and then surgery was a failure, so add a month and more damage. OK...his stablemate Jack Griffith will take his spot. Very next show, Griffith shows up high as a kite on painkillers. To be fair, neither Christian nor Griffith were going to do much, but it was going to keep them in the fans' eyes. Now, Wayne will take the spot and Griffith will be jobbed out. Kind of wish he just wouldn't have shown up. Something could have happened during the tournament, maybe he ends up with great chemistry. Guess we'll never know.

Just finished King of the Ring 1986 using jhd1's Wrestling Timelines mod.

THE ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA II

Unlike in real life, the main event of Wrestlemania II would end up being Hulk Hogan defending (and defeating) Terry Funk in a Texas Deathmatch match. The duo had faced off against each other before in a regular match at Saturday Night's Main Event IV (which Hogan had won), and then in a tag match at SNME V (with the real-life SNME VI match of Hogan/JYD vs Terry and the recently-debuted Dory Funk Jr taking place at SNME V instead). After SNME 5, Terry would request one last shot at the championship at Wrestlemania II, in his own stipulation (that being the Texas Deathmatch), a match which Hogan would accept. After a gruelling 15-minute bout which saw both men bleed heavily, Hogan would end up pinning Funk, with Hogan having earned Funk's respect afterward.

The brutality at Wrestlemania II may have started earlier, however, as the semi-main saw Randy Savage defeat Paul Orndorff in a Steel Cage match, ending a very personal rivalry that started with Paul Orndorff telling Savage not to be so overprotective of Miss Elizabeth. The fiercely protective Savage, who had easily dispatched George Steele at SNME IV, had his fury directed to Orndorff instead, with the two having to be separated several times. At the end, Savage would walk out of the LA Sports Arena victorious. 

Elsewhere on the card, Roddy Piper would defeat a hot newcomer in 'All Business' Ted DiBiase (who is neither a heel nor has his millions of dollars), who debuted by interrupting and brawling with the Scotsman on an episode of Prime Time Wrestling. Whilst DiBiase didn't win against Piper at either SNME V or Wrestlemania II, his strong numbers indicated that he'll likely be a fixture in the roster for years to come. Ricky Steamboat would finally finish his feud with the Magnificent Muraco by defeating him, whilst Andre would defeat three of Bobby Heenan's giant goons by himself (with those goons being King Kong Bundy, Big John Studd and Abdullah The Butcher, before scaring Heenan away.

Two new champions were also crowned that night, as The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid) would win the WWF Tag Titles from Johnny V's Dream Team (currently consisting of Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake). The other new champions to be crowned were for the inaugral WWF Six-Man titles, as The Fabulous Freebirds (consisting of Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy and Buddy Roberts) defeated the Von Erichs (consisting of Kerry and Kevin Von Erich, and the Junkyard Dog, who substituted in-kayfabe for Lance Von Erich).

SATURDAY NIGHT'S MAIN EVENT VI

A breather between the spectacle of Wrestlemania II and the gruelling King of the Ring tournament saw Hogan defend his title against the Magnificent Muraco. It may be fair to say that the Hogan v Muraco match didn't even have the most impliciations for the WWF Championship that night, as that night also saw Randy Savage officially crowned as Number 1 contender, defeating Ricky Steamboat. While it may not have been the classic that you may be expecting from Wrestlemania III, it was still a very solid match worthy of its main event spot.

The rest of the card provided quality action to those watching on NBC, as Roddy Piper would defeat Paul Orndorff in the semi-main via roll-up, somehting that Piper was willing to brag about for the next couple of months. The Bulldogs would defend their newly-acquired WWF Tag Team Championships against Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart, whilst the Freebirds would hold off the Von Erichs (now with Lance back on the team) to retain their WWF Six-Man Championship in something of a clunker. However, whilst Terry Funk may have been unsuccessful in his championship hunt, brother Dory was able to claim some gold for himself, defeating Tito Santana to become the WWF Intercontinental Champion.

KING OF THE RING

Officially coming to PPV 7 years early, the King of the Ring changed from a house-show-exclusive Elimination Tournament format to a 10-Man G1 Climax-Style Round Robin, with each win being worth 2 points, and a time-limit draw being worth 1 point. The winner of the King of the Ring would be declared King, and allowed to make one proclamation, whilst the last-place wrestler would have been fired by the WWF.

In a stacked tournament lineup that saw the likes of Abdullah The Butcher, Tito Santana, Ricky Steamboat and the Magnificent Muraco, the winner of the tournament ended up being none other than...Michael Hayes? Despite a lackluster feud with the Von Erich family, Michael Hayes managed to get himself over massively with the crowd (thanks to being booked strong and cutting killer promos), elevating his popularity from the mid 30s all the way up to the low 70s in the span of a few months, and after winning the tournament by beating Ricky Steamboat in the finals, became officially classified as a Major Star (with his only loss coming against Abdullah The Butcher (who despite being in the very early stages of Time Decline, also saw a decent increase in popularity himself)). He may very well currently be my biggest success story in this save.

As for who got fired, it'd end up being a tie between Bret Hart and Corporal Kirchner, with Kirchner managing to get a surprise draw out of the Magnificent Muraco in the finals, and Bret Hart losing a key match against Ted DiBiase, who was also at-risk of being fired. A sudden-death match saw Bret get a quick rollup on Kirchner, leading to Kirchner officially, in kayfabe, getting fired by the WWF.

Outside of the tournament, the main-event saw Hulk Hogan retain his title in a hard-fought match against Randy Savage, with surely another match between the duo on the horizon. On the undercard, Paul Orndorff finally won in a major match, using both the taunting of Roddy Piper and a Partial Ligament Tear on an episode of Superstars that saw him sidelined for a couple of weeks as motivation for revenge. Dory Funk retained his Intercontinental championship in a match against the Junkyard Dog, and George "The Animal" Steele officially retires, doing a stretcher job to rising star Akira Maeda on the way out (who had then decided to take a MMA fight in a couple of months). Dino Bravo also made his televised debut, introducing himself as the Canadian Heavyweight Champion and declaring himself to be looking for competition. We'll see how that pans out eventually.

The next major show on the horizon is...not Summerslam, but The Big Event, a month and two weeks from now. We'll see how it all pans out eventually.

• Like 2

With Summer Showdown 2010 officially in the rearview we review the biggest moments from the biggest night of the CVerse Summer.

𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐧 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐟 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝟑/𝟓 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬
We opened with the Prodigy Devon King vs the Enforcer of Sinner Society in a dangerous, chaotic High Incident Match that saw Pain doing everything he can to break the perseverance of King. In the end Pain was the one who took the long fall to Hell like the sinner he is, though he shocked everyone when he got up using his own strength and thanked God for the Pain he has caused and received. Does Devon now focus on the newly crowned Undisputed Champion that we will cover?

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝟐.𝟓/𝟓 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬
The TCW Tag Team Champions Mikey James and Frankie Perez aka The Cali Dragons retain against The Disciples of the Sinners, Jay Darkness and Genghis Rahn.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐟 𝐀-𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝟐.𝟓/𝟓 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬
The Debuting Ultimate Force knocks off A-bomb in a rowdy street fight after weeks of back nd forth, solidifying he is here to keep the bullies of TCW in check.

𝐉𝐨𝐞𝐲 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐭𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐟 𝐄𝐝𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐲 𝐇𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝟒/𝟓 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬
Minnesota proves once again he is a fighting champion and also one of the best babyfaces in TCW after he came out victorious in an exciting 3 way between him and the dysfunctional Canadian Animals, Stone and Huggins. Will Stone and the Huggins figure out their relationship and get back to their winning ways or is this the early end for the partnership.

𝐑𝐨𝐲 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐟 𝐁𝐫𝐲𝐚𝐧 𝐕𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐲 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞 𝟐 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝟑 𝟒.𝟓/𝟓 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬
In what was the MOTN only slightly dragged down by a Dharma Gregg interference, Roy Edison escape by the skin of his teeth 2-1. Now 23-1 in TCW and 118 days into his reign we ask the question is there anyone that can stop him.

𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐟 𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐅𝐂𝐀 𝟒/𝟓 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬
The rubber match between Cornell and Remo ends with Remo proving that he is the future of pro wrestling heels. Cornell threw everything plus the kitchen sink but Remo being the Destroyer he is, took everything and gave it right back. Does Remo now look towards the World Champions of TCW for a challenge? Where does Cornell, the man who has given TCW everything in his body, go from here.

𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐦𝐲 𝐒𝐤𝐲𝐞, 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐲 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐨, 𝐀𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐬, 𝐑𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐳 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝟑.𝟓/ 5 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬
The first winner of the Lethal Rumble, Gilmore has once again found himself with a title shot after becoming the first holder of the CYS briefcase. He gets to choose ANY champion to fight at any time. We have to hope for the TCW World that the Angry SOB who is very open about being Anti-TCW doesn’t attain any gold in the near future.

𝐄𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐝𝐞𝐟 𝐒𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐲
𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐂𝐖 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝟑.𝟓/ 𝟓 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬
Sinners across the TCW World rejoice. Eddie Peak is now the guy to beat on Saturday Nights. Though he beat Bach with a tremendous amount of help, none can dispute his title as the Top champion. We can only assume Bach won't take that loss lightly and will be looking to get an immediate rematch against Peak. The only thing between him and Peak is the cronies the leader of the Sinner Society keeps around.

𝐑𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐟 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝟑.𝟓/𝟓 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬
A somewhat disappointing main event caps off a historic night and also an incredible run with the World Heavyweight championship for Rocky Golden. His year long run as champion will be officially cemented in the record books and he's tellin all his fans that he can go another 365.

Stay Tuned for more updates as we cover TOTAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

Screenshot 2023-11-13 102520.png

Screenshot 2023-11-13 102534.png

Edited by JUICEUNKNOWN
  • Like 1

It is that time of the year!

TCW Total Mayhem XXV

May 2021 - Show Rating: 88 - Attendance: 81, 643

Kick-Off Show

In an Eight Women Tag Team Match, Team Tiffany Jade defeated Team Christy Higgins.  Jade pinned Paige Croft after a distraction from her manager, Brother Grimm. (67)

Chris Flynn won a 20 Man Battle Royal.  As a result, Flynn has earned a future TCW International Championship Match.  (76)

In a Four Way Tag Team Match, The Aegis (Ernest Youngman & Xavi Ferrera) defeated Long Beach Crew (Ali X & Mobstar), Party Squad (Benny Benson & Flying Jimmy Foxx), & W.M.D. (Human Arsenal & Maverick).  Representing the Syndicate, The Aegis earned a future World Tag Team Championship Match with their victory. (81)

The Main Show

Grimm Enterprise's KC Glenn defeated Mainstream Hernandez to SUCCESSFULLY retain the TCW International Championship. (90)

(This was supposed to be a major draw match.  But, Hernandez suffered a fractured cheekbone days prior, so I moved the match to the opener in fear of a lackluster score.  Needless to say, I'm definitely happy with the 90, and the injury creates an excuse for an eventual rematch.  KC Glenn's 1st International Title reign now stands at 3 months long.)

The Sinner Society's Fuyuko Higa defeated Missy Masterson to become the NEW TCW World Women's Champion! (77) 

(A distraction by Sinner Society leader Eddie Peak allowed Higa to lock on her patented Rear Naked Choke.  To her credit, Masterson never tapped, but rather passed out to the choke.  Higa becomes the 2nd ever TCW World Women's Champion, ending Masterson's reign after four months.)

In a Four Way Team Match, The Wild Cats defeated The Behemoths, Devine Fortune, & The Shade Gang (Matt Hocking & Marc Speed) to SUCCESSFULLY retain the TCW World Tag Team Championship.  (85)

(Two current tag team feuds intertwined to create this fatal four way at Total Mayhem.  Nevertheless, Team Lucha! members El Jaguar & Tigre Salvaje Jr. remain the #1 Tag Team in TCW.  Their 1st TCW Tag Title reign has now hit the 6th month mark.)

The Syndicate's Aztec Prince defeated Team Lucha! member Mr. Lucha.  (85)

(The personal bodyguard to TCW World Champion Wolf Hawkins, Aztec Prince defeats one of the biggest thorns in Wolf's side, Mr. Lucha.  He does it though, after a distraction by fellow Syndicate member, Freddy Huggins.  This feud is far from over, though this is easily the biggest victory in Aztec Prince's TCW career.)

IT'S TIME FOR TOTAL MAYHEM!  

In the annual Total Mayhem Match, the team of Aaron Andrews, Akai Nazo, & Pocket Aces (Joshua Taylor & Roderick Remus) defeated The Kings of Wrestling (Jay Chord, Greg Keith, Casey Valentine, & Edd Stone).  (88)

(Aaron Andrews & Akai Nazo have been at war with KoW for awhile now.  Now, after aligning with former tag champions Pocket Aces, Andrews & Nazo finally get a huge victory over their heated rivals.  

Also, if you are wondering, Akai Nazo is a mute, masked asian wrestler I created for storyline purposes, their true identity to be eventually revealed.  I'll give you a clue.  They are related to a member of the Kings of Wrestling!) 😉

Randy Unleashed defeated Grimm Enterprise's Davis Wayne Newton. (95, Match of the Night!)

(This match and rivalry stems from Newton costing Unleashed his International Title rematch against now champion, KC Glenn.  Unleashed vowed to get his revenge, and he did exactly that at the biggest show of the year.  But...is this feud truly over?)

In a Fatal Four Way Match, Sinner Society's Primus Allen defeated Joffy Laine, Mighty Mo, & The Syndicate's Princeton Pryce to SUCCESSFULLY retain the TCW Television Championship.  (89)

(Post-Match, with a cackling Eddie Peaker by his side, Primus Allen celebrates the continuance of what he calls the "Era of Dominaton."  Suddenly, the lights go out in the arena.  Like we have seen in recent weeks whenever the Sinner Society are around, a church bell begins to ring, along with other eerie sounds.  The lights flickers, and then finally return to normal.

The crowd goes insane!  In the ring...standing across from Primus Allen & Eddie Peak...is the one and only...SCYTHE!  Scythe is here in Total Championship Wrestling!  For a moment, Eddie Peak begins to smile, thinking that a monster like Scythe is here to join Sinner Society.  But, that changes when Scythe drops Peak with a big right hand!  Scythe begins to brawl with Primus ALlen, and Scythe eventually has the Television Champion reeling.  Eddie Peak attacks Scythe from behind, allowing Allen to escape the ring.  But as a result, Scythe lays out Eddie Peak with a Monster Choke Slam!  Allen looks on from the entrance way, absolutely stunned, as the Dark Reaper stands over a motionless Peak.

Primus Allen's 1st Television Title reign now stands at four months long.)

It is now time...for the MAIN EVENT...of TOTAL MAYHEM XXV!

In a Steel Cell Match, Sammy Bach defeated The Syndicate leader Wolf Hawkins to become the NEEEEEEWWW TCW World Heavyweight Champion!  (86, Not Bad for a Burned Out Crowd!)

(A story that was built for nearly six months, fighting Hawkins and The Syndicate in various matches, Sammy Bach has finally succeeded what he promised himself that he would do before retiring.  Sammy Bach can now call himself World Heavyweight Champion!  It almost looked bleak after Wolf's personal bodyguard Aztec Prince broke into the Steel Cell, preventing Bach from getting the tap out with the Bach on your Back.  But, Mr. Lucha would hit ringside and dispose of Aztec Prince, and the rest of Team Lucha! would make sure that the rest of The Syndicate did not get involved!  Now just a one-on-one encounter, Sammy Bach would eventually manage to lock Hawkins back into the Bach on your Back once more.  Stuck in the middle of the ring, Hawkins finally had no choice but to tap out!  

Truly, a feel good moment for one of the most beloved members of the TCW roster.  The locker room clears out as the babyfaces hit ringside to celebrate Sammy Bach's historic title victory.  A bloody, exhausted Wolf Hawkins is helped out by his Syndicate brethren.  With disgust on his face, Wolf watches as a bloody Bach is carried around the ringside, the TCW World Title raised high in the air.

Bach ends Wolf's 4th World Title reign after a full year.  Hawkins had won the World Title from Aaron Andrews at the previous Total Mayhem.)

• Like 5

Continuing on from my previous post...man, what a fun time it has been to set up Sammy Bach's historic retirement win.  I don't intend on it being a long term title reign for Bach.  It was more about giving Sammy his well deserved moment.  Also on  a side note, this title match was what put Wolf Hawkins over the hump, and he is now a lock to enter the Hall of Immortals!

By the next Total Mayhem, I intend on making it a two night show.  My TCW roster is just too big now to fit it on one night and not burn out the crowd by the main event.  My plan is to likely have Total Mayhem Match main event Night One, then have the World Title match main event Night Two.  

But...onto the next year!  And the TCW roster is getting a huge boost right from the start.  A lot of free agents recently in the wrestling world, and I just made three big signings, two of them being two of my favorite wrestlers.  

The first signing is Rick Law.  I was hesitant with Law being 38...but he has always been a favorite of mine.  I intend to start Law off by playing that prime heel Boss Man/Big Bubba Rogers role for Grimm Enterprise.

The next signing was also a no brainer, Spencer Spade.  Spade is just too good to pass on, and he is only 30.  Only downfall is that I currently cannot convince Spade to bulk up from Toned Middleweight.  Right now, I plan on having Spade start off solo as a loud mouth, arrogant heel.  But, he just might take KC Glenn's spot as the headliner for Grimm Enterprise, when I finally execute the uber babyface turn for Glenn.  

The final signing was also a no brainer, Sara Marie York.  My women's division was missing that one big piece to take it to another level, and I think SMY is that piece.  A York and Higa feud is going to be epic!  Plus, it allows me to slow down developing Alina America, who I intend to eventually be the centerpiece of the division.  Rather than starting as a babyface, now I might bring up Alina from development and start her off like a heel Sasha Banks.  

I did have a chance to sign Remo Richardson, but I decided to pass on what would be a 4 year, 300K(+) contract with incentives for a 38 year old wrestler.  I mean, I signed Scythe for a third of that!  

But yeah...onto the next year!  Long term, my plan is turn KC Glenn into the biggest babyface of the company.  He is already an amazing wrestler, I convinced him to bulk up and now he's at 100 Star Quality, and his entertainment skills are quickly improving.  Wolf Hawkins VS KC Glenn is currently penciled in to be the main event for Total Mayhem XXVI.  

As for Sammy Bach, he won't just be tossed aside.  I have a big storyline planned for him.   But first...I got to convince a certain big time babyface to turn heel....

• Like 7

Romeo King began his Road to Glory in SoCal based company “All Pro Wrestling”, managing to become a solid name within the company. Within a year he had become a Star within the company, as management saw untapped potential in the rookie. Matches against Bobby Fish, Karl Anderson, and Lance Archer helped him grow more confident within the ring, and after being taken under the tutelage of Christopher Daniels behind the scenes, many thought that Romeo had something special in him. That would be rewarded when Romeo won the tournament to become the inaugural APW Champion, defeating Ace Austin in the finals.

At APW’s “ReActivation” event, Romeo would be joined by his brother Isaiah, the duo forming the tag team known as Royalty. They’d feud with ABC, both in singles and tags over the next three months. Isaiah would show growing pains, having only debuted a few months prior, but had enough natural talent that many thought he could match his brother Romeo. Notably he would take the pinfall losses in tag team matches, but bro g in the ring with high level talents would still be beneficial for the youngster. He would make it to the quarterfinals of the SoCal Invitational in June 2024, losing to Speedball Mike Bailey.

In October 2024, news broke that Romeo and Isaiah King had been signed by MLW. The duo would appear on the preshow for two months, gaining experience while slowly becoming familiar with their new environment. Finally they would make their proper debuts in December 2024 under the monikers of Curry Man Jr. (Romeo) and Shark Boy Jr. (Isaiah). The duo would make appearances on MLW Fusion, with Curry Man Jr. proving to be a big hit with audiences while Shark Boy Jr. struggled at first with the new gimmick. Eventually he settled into a groove, managing to find his voice while still displaying his surprising technical ability to capture fans attention. The duo found themselves in the crosshairs of Matchmaker Cesar Duran, who would throw monster after monster at the pair. Luchasaurus would be their biggest challenge, savagely beating Shark Boy Jr. Before challenging Curry Man Jr. at the PPV. Curry Man Jr. would get the victory, Shark Boy Jr. supporting him all the while.

In February the MLW Draft took place, keeping Seafood Curry on MLW while Cesar Duran would head Azteca Underground. Curry Man Jr. would win a four corners match to earn a shot at Lee Moriarty’s Middleweight Title, setting the two on a collision course. Shark Boy Jr. would be included in this battle, as he took on Moriarty’s secret weapon Josh Alexander in a hard hitting match. Though he lost, Shark Boy Jr. earned Alexander’s respect and the respect of the fans. Moriarty would cheat to win his match, prompting Curry Man Jr. to go on a quest for a rematch. After finally beating both Slade and Moose in back to back matches, Curry Man Jr earned a rematch. The week before March’s WAR CHAMBER event, Moriarty took on Shark Boy Jr. in what was deemed a tune up match. Instead, it turned into a display of technical wrestling, Shark Boy Jr. looking to prove himself in the Middleweight division as well. It was only the fifteen minute time limit that stopped the match, both wrestlers frustrated at the result. Moriarty attacked Shark Boy Jr. with the Middleweight Title before fleeing as Curry Man Jr. entered the ring. This would fuel CMJ to win the title at WAR CHAMBER, celebrating with the fans.

Also at the event, Richard Holliday of Strictly Business could be seen talking to an individual moments before the War Chamber match itself. Their team would lose to the Second Gear Crew and Johnny Gargano, furthering their respective feuds.

Eager to prove himself, Shark Boy Jr. suggested the duo go after the tag titles, citing former dual champions RSP and Teddy Hart. The two would slowly climb the ranks, heading towards a collision with The Dynasty to determine number one contenders to the Second Gear Crew. The first match would end in a double count out, the second in a time limit draw. CMJ would also find himself targeted by former rival Ace Austin over the Middleweight Title, often distracted by the Bullet Club during matches and leaving Shark Boy Jr. in peril. The third and final match would be a No DQ match, both teams looking to gain the victory and face the tag champs. It would be The Dynasty moving forward, having struck a deal with Bullet Club to attack Curry Man Jr. and leave Shark Boy Jr. in a two-on-one situation. Try as he might, the sea based wrestler couldn’t overcome the duo, ending their title aspirations for the time being.

April’s KING OF COLLOSSEUM would see Curry Man Jr. take on Ace Austin, getting the win after Shark Boy Jr. fought off interference and struck Ace Austin with a right hand. Though Curry Man Jr was surprised, he nonetheless celebrated with Shark Boy Jr. until being dropped with a rolling elbow! Shark Boy Jr. stood over his brother before lifting him up and planting him with a Tiger Driver ‘91, leaving him broken. As the ultimate disrespect, he tore off his Shark Boy mask, throwing it atop Curry Man Jr’s body before heading to the back. He would re-emerge during the title match between Second Gear Crew and The Dynasty, attacking Matthew Justice with a chair and allowing The Dynasty to get the win and become the new Tag Team Champions. Isaiah King would then shake their hands, joining Strictly Business.

On Fusion, Isaiah would launch into a tirade against Curry Man Jr, claiming that he was always the scapegoat, the forgotten man, the sidekick to a wrestler who never appreciated him. It was when he threatened to reveal Curry Man Jr’s identity that the Middleweight Champion came out, answering Isaiah’s demands of a title match. While Curry Man was hesitant to put weight behind his strikes, Isaiah was relentless, attacking the champ with a vicious streak never seen before. He would lose the match via DQ after attacking Curry Man with a chair, repeatedly smashing him before ripping off the mask to boos. In the coming weeks, Curry Man Jr would vacate the title due to the attack and would not return to TV, prompting Isaiah to claim that he rid MLW of that awful character. Isaiah would win the Middleweight Title at May’s FURY ROAD, defeating Tracy Williams in a tournament final.

Isaiah would keep the title through the summer, defeating challengers and cementing himself as a top name within the company. He would continue to mock his former partner, using the famed Spice Rack and calling out commentator Christopher Daniels about the whereabouts of his protege. It was only when he threatened Daniels that a masked man would attack, sending Isaiah running off before slipping into the crowd. The masked man would appear after matches involving Strictly Business, never allowing his face to be seen and always escaping into the crowd. Isaiah would call out the man for September’s OPERA CUP, declaring he knew that it was his old partner. Sure enough, Curry Man Jr would step out on stage, looking at Daniels and nodding before removing his mask and revealing his true identity. Romeo and Isaiah would brawl, the match being thrown out as the two battled through the crowd and only stopped due to security. On the next Fusion, Romeo would reveal their true relationship as brothers, how he had sworn not to fight his brother and how he tried to hold onto that promise. But the man Isaiah has become is not his brother, he is a monster that has to be stopped. And so, Romeo challenged Isaiah to a title match, where the loser would be forced out of the company. Isaiah accepted, stating he’d already run out Curry Man Jr; now, he was going to run out the man behind the mask.

Which leads me to now. I have a pending offer from ROH to be their booker, which I’m using in story to explain why Romeo is losing. Hopefully this will push my UC’s brother into Major Star, and some time apart before reuniting them in ROH sounds like a good plan to me. Or I have my UC win, Isaiah disappears, and comes back under a mask for a while/Holliday struggles to bring him back through a loophole. This all started due to Isaiah and Holliday having matching personalities and becoming Best Friends, so I’m glad it turned out the way that it has. Among the top feuds I’ve ever booked in TEW.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 3:14 PM, DAVEFAN95 said:

CV 97 game with CGC that I'm having a blast with. Let's start with the DeColts

The DeColts Characters

Steve, Alex and Jack all start with belts around their waist at the beginning of the game and with Elimination only 3 shows away, I started by setting up the characters for my DeColts.

Steve, the cocky, athletic jock. The QB of the DeColts if you will. He's a "flashy" brawler who likes to keep a clean image and he's always got hot women after him, which is of course his main weakness. For eg, Helen Wheels being his ex who came back to haunt him with her two monster heel (albeit completely useless) tag team of Mammoth & Land Mass (this is her story pre-game in my canon). 

Alex, the smart one. The nerd. The man with the plan. He's what makes the DeColts so dangerous. He makes the plans to beat their rivals, including for Steve and Jack. His weakness? He's not quite the fighter of his brothers. He's an okay brawler. with efficiency over flashiness. He can't ad lib. His strategies always work though, so why would he ever need to ad lib, right?

Jack, the hot headed amateur wrestler. The best pure fighter of the DeColts, due to him being the smallest (only 6 foot in comparison to his brother who are 6'3and the one who would've been picked on the most as a kid. He can brawl, he can take you down and wrestle. Jack isn't as flashy as Steve and is much a pure rage filled single minded brawler and there in lies his weakness. He's very emotional. You can attack his family and he'll want revenge.

Now let's get to what they are up to. 

Road to Wrestlefestival

Only two TV shows before Elimination, the DeColt's take over the first episode. Jack beats Wolfgang Zimmerman, Alex beats Jon Jetson and Steve faces John McClean, putting the world title on the line against him. McClean had won CGC Young Wrestler of the Year for 1996, so he gets to challenge for the CGC World title on the first show of the year, a CGC tradition. Steve, of course, successfully defends. 

Episode two is centred around the DeColt opponents for Elimination, The School of Tradition. Eric Tyler, The Soldiers of Fortune and TV Champ, Dan DaLay. The Soldiers beat the make shift team of Condor and Alexander Robinson. DaLay successfully defends his TV title against Howling Dog. Tyler beat Ed Monton in the main event. At Elimination, The DeColts beat The School of Tradition (Tyler and The Soldiers), after the match, Barry Bowen comes out and beats up the final two participants, Steve and Tyler as their team makes have already been beat up due to the carnage of the match. 

Post Elimination, Bowen and Tyler state they should be the number one contender, George says they are the best candidates and there is only one way to decide the next challenger, The Luck of the Draw wheel. They'll spin the wheel at the beginning of the event, whoever it lands on, will face Steve for the title. Later in the show, Steve is getting ready for his main event against Jon Jetson when a girl runs up to him, in a wedding dress, make up smeared and crying, she's very hot. She asks Steve for help, she ran away from her wedding because she was so scared of her fiancée. Steve says he will protect her and invites her to the ring with him tonight, she accepts and introduces herself as Doll. Steve beats Jetson after he get freaked out by Doll staring at him and Steve takes advantage. Jack and Alex beat the new combination of Christopher Hart and Wolfgang Zimmerman who were bullying some smaller wrestlers earlier. 

Tyler and Bowen have been paired together to face Alex and Jack in our main event, they argue saying to stay out of each others way. They don't and they lose. Steve has a date with Doll, who has cleaned herself up (no wedding dress, make-up fixed), Steve seems quite smitten but Biff the Bruiser interrupts. Impromptu match. Steve makes some incredibly uncharacteristic mistakes, trying to be more flashy than usual to impress Doll. Biff is able to get some licks in, but can't take complete advantage as his moves don't quite hit the mark as Steve seems to be able to make the right adjustment at the exact right moment, which is unlike him. Steve eventually wins. 

Next week, Helen Wheels comes up to Steve and Doll, with Wheels saying she is disappointed that he has moved on to such trash. Steve defends Doll, but it seemed like feeble Doll had some real rage in her after Wheels insulted her. In the main event, Steve takes on Wheels' tag team, Mammoth and Land Mass in a handicap match. Steve wins after Doll outright attacks Wheels and distracts her monsters for Steve to take control. Post match, Bowen attacks, Jack and Alex save but Alex is worried after Doll viciously attacked Wheels when she appeared so feeble.

The last show before Luck of the Draw, Alex talks to Steve to make sure he is okay. He says he is fine, why wouldn't he be? Alex says he is a little suspicious of Doll, she's a little creepy and she was vicious only last week. Steve says that Wheels just pushed her buttons, like people do to Jack. He then goes to leave and a hot girl comes up and gives him her digits, Steve isn't interested, throwing them away, Alex knows something is up. Alex asks George if he thinks Steve is okay, George tells him to trust his instincts. In the main event, Bowen, Tyler and DaLay beat The DeColts after Steve makes an absolutely horrific mistake trying to impress Doll and Tyler is able to counter, hit the Tradition Lift only for Bowen to come in and steal the victory. 

Luck of the Draw arrives and the Luck of the Draw wheel decides Barry Bowen will face Steve for the CGC World Title. Alex asks Steve and Doll up front what's going on. Steve and Doll say nothing's going on. Alex isn't sure though. He asks Jack what he thinks and Jack says he thinks he's just being Steve, he's always got a new girl on his arm every few months. Alex and Jack defend their tag titles against the Soldiers of Fortune. They win, but only just. Alex' strategy works, but he's distracted and it's up to Jack to ad lib to allow them to keep the belts. Steve takes on Bowen. It's an even affair but Steve continues to be overly cocky and flashy trying to show Doll what he can do. Bowen on the other hand can't seem to do much. His usually devastating shoulder block completely misses. When he lifts Steve, he seems to take too long before Steve counters. Both men seem off but in the end Steve is able to hit the DeColt Stampede and keep his title. 

Post LOTD, Steve comes out and states that he was lucky to beat Bowen as both men were off their games. He says the far from convincing win isn't good enough and he expects Bowen to right his wrongs and challenge him at The DeColt Wrestlefestival in 5 weeks. Alex has gone full investigation mode, fading out what's going on with Doll and Steve. He interrogates Doll. She says she actually loves Steve but is afraid of her ex, he's been looking for her ever since she left him at the alter. Alex can't argue and let's her go. He then faces John McClean. Using his old strategy, he's able to scrape a win as McClean can't take advantage of an unprepared Alex. Later, Doll asks Steve if she is a problem and Steve assures her she is not, and is not too pleased with Alex. Bowen beats Ed Monton in the main event. Afterwards, he says The DeColts did something to him and he completely underperformed at LOTD because of it. The DeColts better be ready as he is coming for all of them. 

Week 2 of Alex' interrogations, this time, it's Helen Wheels, who Doll attacked a few weeks ago. Wheels says she doesn't know who she is, but there's a chance she's from their past. She does say though that's she's completely crazy. Afterwards, Alex realises he has no strategy created again this week, this time for John Maverick. He's going to have to wing it. He goes in completely unprepared and Maverick has tightened up his game since the last time they faced. Maverick beats Alex. After that, Steve confronts Alex. He says that the only thing that has changed is Alex'. Not everybody is out to get them and not to be paranoid. He didn't even had a plan for Maverick. Alex states that because he was busy coming up with a strategy for Steve and Jack for the Soldiers of Fortune, but Alex decides they can try take them out without his plan. They do and lose, Steve and Jack start well but Jack's inexperience can't make up for Steve's showboating for Doll. After that, Bowen attacks Jack and Steve saying Jack is his first victim.

Week 3 of Alex' interrogations and he brings in his old pal, Dan DaLay. He questions Dan about Doll, if she's from their past, does he recognise her, has he got anything to do with it, all no. He knows nothing about her, if it's School of Tradition business, that's more Tyler's wheelhouse. Tyler comes in and says he wishes he could take credit, Doll seems to be pulling the DeColt boys apart, but it's nothing to do with him. Again an unprepared Alex loses, this time to Dan DaLay as he defends his TV Title. Steve had started the show apologising to his brother Jack and the fans for costing his team last week. Bowen takes on Jack in the main event and beats him. Bowen states Alex is next. 

Week 4 of Alex' interrogations and he has Barry Bowen in the chair. Alex is getting disheveled and hasn't been sleeping, trying to figure this out, and making strategies for upcoming fights. Bowen doesn't know anything about Doll, but what he does know is The DeColts have messed with him for the last time and Alex will suffer in the main event. And indeed he does, Bowen batters Alex. Alex has a strategy but isn't able to put it into affect due to him being so exhausted. He also has no support from his older brother, as Steve is out on a date with Doll. Bowen is declared the Number one contender for WrestleFestival Day One, but Eric Tyler gets a shot at Steve and the title next week, Bowen will face the winner. 

One week to WrestleFestival and Alex interrogates Doll once more, again nothing comes from it, she just seems like she loves Steve. In the main event, Steve faces Tyler. A pretty even match that Tyler can't seem to put Steve away, but the Soldiers of Fortune and Dan DaLay make their presence known. Jack comes out to help and so does Alex, despite Steve not helping him. The match is declared a draw due to the mayhem. The DeColts are out numbered though, but get help from the hottest talent in CGC, Steve Flash (more on him later). The two teams battle and in the crossfire, Alex hits Doll by accident as DaLay dodges a counterstrike and Doll gets struck. Steve is FURIOUS. George and security come out to stop the mayhem and break it up. George announces Bowen is still the challenger for Day One, for Day Two a match will take place. Eric Tyler v Steve Flash to challenge the winner of Steve and Bowen on Day Two. 

The WrestleFestival weekend begins with TV and Steve tells Alex he needs to stay away from him and Doll. She's his future and he's done enough. Unless he wants to get in the ring, he better back off. Alex accepts this. Jack comes to Alex and ask him if he has the strategies as he doesn't want the World Title to fall into the wrong hands. Alex agrees, and gives Jack the strategies which he gives to Steve who begrudgingly accepts them.

WrestleFestival Day One is here and Alex and Jack defend their Tag Titles against The Soldiers of Fortune. Jack has to take control of the tie, as Alex is still exhausted, it seems he hasn't given up his pursuit of the truth. Jack does well but the well oiled machine of the Soldiers is a tough ask for the youngest DeColt and in the end, it's basically two on one, and The Soldiers of Fortune become the new CGC Tag Team Champs. Steve on the other hand is back to himself it seems. He kicks out of all of Bowen's biggest moves and has all the counters to Bowen's Train Wreck. Steve beats Bowen and keeps his title. Afterwards, he brings Doll into the ring. He loves her and can't live without her. He proposes and she accepts, the wedding is set to take place on day two, but Steve has to take out Eric Tyler first. Before we finish, Alex needs answers and infiltrates the Women's Dressing Room to look in Doll's locker. Alex sneaks in, sneaking past crew members and such as well as an undressing Helen Wheels. He sees Doll at her locker, before she walks away and leaves it unlocked. Alex approaches the locker and opens it up, "Oh my God", he's found something, he quickly empties the locker into and bag closes it and attempts to leave, he turns to find Wheels (in a towel) standing there, uh oh. 

Day Two starts with The DeColt minus Alex coming out. They address the crowd stating that Alex has been suspended without pay to sort out whatever he's going through. Steve states he is appalled with how Alex has acted recently and is struggling to find it in his heart to forgive him, but he will be there for his brother when he is back to normal and is disappointed he won't be able to attend his wedding. Steve says he is crazy. Jack disagrees saying Alex just needs some time to figure some stuff out. he says he doesn't think Alex is crazy or while George isn't sure, just trying to keep the peace. Tyler and his School interrupt saying by the end of tonight, he and his stablemates will hold all the gold in CGC. A battle royal takes place to see who will be the new number one contender for the World Title a match that Jack wins, adding more drama to Steve's title defence and upcoming nuptials. Steve beats Tyler, retaining his belt. Now the wedding. Steve congratulates Jack but does seem worried about what the future "Wild Man" might do as the number one contender. Jack says he has nothing to worry about, he would never do anything like that to ruin Steve's day, despite his number one contender status, which Steve greatly appreciates. Now here comes the bride. The wedding ceremony begins, it goes unhitched until the priest states "if there are anybody who object to this now, speak now or forever hold your peace". It's silent until we hear "I OBJECT". It's Alex, holding a large bag, rushing away from security. He looks dishevelled and crazy. Steve orders the security to get him out of here, Jack says maybe we should listen. George is willing to allow Alex to say his piece much to Steve's chagrin. Alex makes his way to the ring, the big bag still over his shoulder. He says one word "Voodoo", Steve rolls his eyes. Alex states he knew something was up, not just with Steve but numerous people on the roster. He admits to breaking into to girls locker room, but also states the reason. He says he needed to find something and the only place he hadn't checked, the locker. He opened up the bag and picked out two dolls, that have a remarkable similarity to Steve and Alex. He says he found these in Doll locker and she has been manipulating people with them. Steve thinks that these are just normal dolls, but Alex says "Watch this". Alex manipulates the doll of Steve to kneel down like he is proposing, a few moments pass and Steve copies the doll, it works. Steve snaps back to life and can't believe it, before moving away from Doll. Alex the goes back into the bag, picking out numerous dolls, Biff the Bruiser, Barry Bowen and Eric Tyler. He even imitates pinfall kickouts with the dolls, and that also works, no wonder Steve was able to kick out of big moves and dodge moves at the last moment. George asks Doll to respond, she says "I didn't think I'd need this, but a girl's gotta be prepared" and pulls a Jack doll out of her dress. She uses the doll to get Jack to blindly throw punches at Alex. Alex bails through the crowd, Steve grabs the bag of dolls and leaves up the ramp. In his haste, a doll is left behind, which the bride picks up. Jack realises what happens and tries to flee but he drops to the floor, holding his abdomen, we see Doll has put a needle in the Jack voodoo doll and the imitates him walking back to her, which he does as his face turns bright red with rage. Doll then says "oh and there's one more thing you need to know Steve". The lights flicker. "I'd like you to meet my husband, the man you believe I ran away from, Xavier Austin." Steve turns to see this man standing behind him (played by Flapjack Flanagan) he throws Steve off the stage through loads of tables, luckily he keeps the bag of dolls in his grasp. Steve is hurt, Jack is trapped under Doll's control and the number one contender to Steve's title and Alex is the only DeColt left standing to face this new monster.

What Else Has Been Going On?

Ed Monton and Jon Jetson had a mini feud that ended at WFD2, Monton won. Mostly just former tag partners arguing and the like. 

Eddie Chandler, John Maverick, John McClean and Steve Flash started the save feuding over who should be the contender for DaLay's TV title. They all won their matches (one each week) in the build up to Luck of The Draw and George said there will be a tournament, winner gets a shot at the title. Flash beat McClean and Maverick beat Chandler. Flash then beat DaLay. Then this broke off into two feuds. Flash v School of Tradition and Chandler v McClean. Tyler had been looking for School of Tradition recruits since Luck of The Draw when he tried to recruit Ed Monton, but that failed. When Flash beat McClean and Maverick in one night, Tyler took notice. Flash failed to win the TV title thanks to interference, but Tyler stated he could have won it, if he had some friends to back him. Giving him a few weeks to decide. Flash gets more wins, but rejects Tyler's invitation. DaLay then tells Flash, he'll never win the TV title now. Flash continues his hot run and Tyler gives Flash another chance to join, he rejects it again and comes to The DeColts aid after the main event of Steve v Tyler World Title match and Flash gets put into a number one contenders match against Tyler, but loses in a very close match. Tyler grabs a mic and says Flash has untapped potential and this match proved that. This is his last shot, join The School of Tradition again, Flash rejects it. A disappointed Tyler nods and tells DaLay to take him out DaLay Down. Another and another. Flash is out. Next day, Tyler is bragging how they will hold all the titles when Flash comes out and says he wants DaLay tonight, George makes it so. Flash wins and is now got a chance to get the TV title at the next TV show.

Chandler and McClean don't fight much other than arguing backstage. Interfering in each others matches, bad mouthing each other.  Eventually it comes to a head and they go one on one on WFD1. It's an open match, but McClean looks to end it when Chandler inadvertently grabs McClean's junk, which disgusts him and Chandler takes advantage and gets the win. In the battle royal on WFD2, Chandler uses his new "tactics" to become the runner up. This is the turn that going to begin Eddie Chandler to become to FAAAAAAAAABULOUS Eddie Chandler, looking forward to his transformation. 

Also began a new feud between the recently signed Archangel and John Maverick. It only just begun so nothing really to repot there. 

Wow, this turned out to be long lol. 

Continuation of this, haven't been playing as often as I'd like but recently made it to Chaos in the Cage. 

Alex stands as a DeColt alone facing off against Doll the Runaway Bride's (Her actual name) Army. She comes out with her army to begin the road to Chaos in the Cage, She says Jack maybe the number one contender but not for long, using the voodoo doll she forces Jack to lay on the ground as Xavier Austin pins him, she counts the three. She states that everybody saw Xavier Austin beat Jack for the number one contendership and they are coming for Steve. 

Alex has a promo later in the night saying he will defend CGC, hold the fort until Steve returns, by himself if he has to. The next week he faces off against Xavier Austin. He wins, but only because Jack interfere's thanks to Doll's controlling of him. The beatdown begins. Steve is hurt, Jack is on the other side, who can help him? Steve Flash, that's who. The fastest rising star in CGC runs to the ring and saves Alex. 

Surely, the inevitable tag match comes to fruition the very next week, Alex and Flash v Austin and Jack? However, that seems unlikely as Flash has the TV title and Eric Tyler (More about this later) has forced him to defend it every week, this week the dangerous John Maverick gets a shot. Doll asks Alex who'll be his partner now and Alex ensures her he'll find one. Flash beats Maverick, but had an Armbar latched on for awhile, so he's not in the best of shape. Alex goes looking for a partner. The majority of the faces (aka the Job guys) are too scared of Doll to help Alex. Moose Mulder wants to help, but he's been battling Dan DaLay and Alex feels that'll just be more trouble. Similarly, Team Toronto (Alexander Robinson and Lee Bennett) also want to help, but the Soldiers of Fortune have been feuding with them. Ed Monton says he's busy (even though he doesn't seem it) while The Flock are stuck in their locker room as a dog (a small sweet one) has herded them in there and won't let them out, which Alex doesn't understand. Alex says he'll go alone but Flash stands up saying they'll go with the original plan. Alex and Flash v Jack and Austin. It doesn't go well and the injured Flash costs them the victory. Finally, a beatdown with no interruptions. Not so fast, a still clearly injured Steve DeColt returns only two weeks after being thrown off a stage. Doll can't believe he has returned. 

The next week, Doll asks Alex if he can really trust Steve, look at everything he said about you. Alex has no qualms or reservations about his brother. They talk later in the night, Steve assures him he's 100%. He's not. They face a newly heel Ed Monton and Jon Jetson, The Canadian Enforcers. It starts poorly, but Alex pulls it out of the bag. Also, Jack's temper has reached an all time high. He can't help his brothers, in fact, he's fighting them. Every second fighting the voodoo is making him weaker and gives her more control over him. He blows a gasket at her (after beating Eddie Chandler who grabbed Jack's junk, but as he's being controlled, it didn't affect him) saying he's nobody's soldier and he'll fight til the end and that's a DeColt Guarantee (Jack came up with a new catchphrase in this segment, couldn't come up with anything original so stole one from Self). Doll says so be it, keep fighting. The weaker he gets, the better it is for her. However, something seemed to give her an idea. Flash also faced Xavier Austin in the main event for the TV title. Austin won, by count out though. Steve and Alex save him from a beatdown.

Week 5 of 6 in the build up and Jack is up for a shot at the TV title. He loses by DQ as Xavier Austin interferes, but Alex and Steve rush to the rescue again. Later a now fully heel Eddie Chandler talk to Steve. He says the only way to beat a guy like him is by getting in his head, so he has a plan. He pulls out Jack's voodoo doll, Jack emerges from behind the curtain and he stands on the ramp with him. Eddie gyrates and feels up Jack, Steve isn't too happy, Eddie tells him come save his brother but Steve does nothing. That's until Eddie plants a kiss on Jack's cheek, Steve's had enough mocking and rushes to save his brother, Austin attacks from behind. Eddie chuckles "We have, shall we zay, teamed up for zis evening" They throw Steve in the ring, the bell rings and Chandler does the most provocative pin he can think of to get get a major upset wi....,. NO! Steve kicks out. Austin has left ringside, Doll is nowhere to help. Eddie is alone. Steve batters Eddie. Eddie tries to use numerous underhanded tactics. A slap on the bottom, no response, Steve's a jock, he's used to getting a slap on the bottom in the locker room. grabbing his junk? A kiss on the cheek? Steve is blinded with rage, he doesn't care and beats him. After the match he tells Doll she better hope Xavier Austin is enough because he'll stop at nothing but to banish her from CGC. 

The last week before Chaos in the Cage, The DeColts say they will save Jack, but Doll states the only way she'll let him go is if Alex beats him in a cage. Alex reluctantly accepts. Alex then faces Xavier Austin and beats him (misclick, Austin was supposed to win but I found an alternate story). Alex takes an almighty beating, taking in information as a way to find the weakness, find a way to beat him. He finds a way, but it's not clear what it is and Alex counters a move and hits the DeColt Driver and wins by the skin of his teeth, what could he have possibly learned?

Chaos in the Cage is here. First up Alex v Jack in a cage match. The match is even. Jack is being controlled but Alex counters a lot of moves that's been thrown at him, how does he know what he'll do? Alex refuses to strike his brother, dodging and weaving and trying to sneak a victory with a school boy or escaping out the door, this is when Jack finally gets ahold of Alex and Alex smashes both himself and Jack with the steel cage door by accident. Jack is busted open, he got the brunt of it. Alex is hurt but is about to get back to his feet when Barry Bowen returns. Running down he busts open the door and destroys Alex before pulling Jacks lifeless body over him for the three. Why would Bowen help Doll? Wait a minute, she has Bowen's voodoo doll.... The one Steve dropped out of the bag back at WF... was Barry Bowen's. Bowen felt that the DeColts were doing something to him, but it was Doll controlling him and now, he joins her Army. In the main event, Steve faces Austin. Austin is powerful and hits some big moves but Steve is doing a pretty good job dodging as Alex would. Doll is absolutely freaking out on the outside, why won't anything she's doing with Austin's voodoo doll work? That's the thing, Steve can see her manipulating the doll, he knows what's coming because he sees her do with the doll, Alex is a genius. Knowing Doll knows this now as she begins hiding what she's doing with the doll, Steve needs to end this quick and he does. Steve retains his belt, but now they have to deal with Barry Bowen too.

In other feuds, Eric Tyler and Steve Flash have continued their feud. Tyler has been talking a lot about if Flash joined him, he'd be world champ and yada yada yada. Flash was busy with the DeColts so hadn't been doing much with the SOT. Tyler beat Flash in an exceptional match in a cage at CITC.

Speaking of, Dan called out anyone who thought they were bad enough to beat him at WFD1 as a warm up for Flash on D2, Moose Mulder answered the call. Mulder lost, only just though and Mulder stated if he landed a Moose Punch he'd have won. There's not been much about this feud, but Dan interefered in some of his matches, the SOT talk crap about them when they have mic time, usual heel stuff. Soldiers of Fortune v Team Toronto (Alexander Robinson & Lee Bennett) are in the same predicament, but Bennett got hurt early on in the build and that ruled him out for the tag match, Condor took his place (but he phoned in his performance because he's an unprofessional twat and doesn't realise being a LW in CGC means jobber) but SOF successfully defended their belts. 

Maverick and Archangel also feuded, nothing much happened as I hadn't much time to fill. Archangel had some squashes, Maverick had some matches, they had a stand off and Maverick beat Archangel at CITC, had to happen unfortunately.

Next we have the Ultimate Showdown series. 8 weeks, 10 events, 10 competitors, 1 winner. 3 wishes on the line. The Competitors are as follows in alphabetical order: Alex DeColt, Battering Lamb, Dan DaLay, Eddie Chandler, Jack DeColt, John Maverick, John McClean, Moose Mulder, Steve Flash & Xavier Austin (Bowen was supposed to be in it and not Austin but he's not been very good. Underwhelming which is why Bowen has taken his place in the World Title scene, Bowen was always planned to be apart of Doll's Army but as a secondary piece, now he has to be the ace). I'm very much looking forward to this.

• Like 4

NJPW 1992-2011

Pretty big post, covering Tag League (October) all the way to Wrestle Kingdom! Though I admit I will be glossing over everything until WK but still... 

Tag League 2010 (October)

The A Block was intense but fairly even throughout. Though some failed to do much of anything noteworthy; The Headshrinkers were only able to get 2 points, for example. This would begin Umaga once again being beside himself seeing his faction poorly represented. (Alofa, who is 40, was poached by WWE so this is why this storyline is technically repeating itself) but besides that the Briscoes would debut full time for NJPW and do pretty well, even beating the Heavyweight champs, Suzuki and Sugiura. The winners of the A Block however, was the CHAOS team Nishimura and Ishii, who shocked everyone only dropping a single match.

The B Block was fantastic, and easily the hardest block in Tag League history. Ten-Koji, Meiyu Tag, Rated RKO, Two Calamities as One (Samoa Joe/Kenta), the returning Chris Jericho with his heavy Mabel, the CMLL super team of Ricky Banderas and Cibernetico, Cena & Sasaki, the point is, anyone could win this block. The team Two Calamities as One would be the ones to actually do it, and not only that they would win the Tag League full stop when they defeated Ishii & Nishimura. 

Tl;Dr: Two Calamities as One (Samoa Joe & KENTA) def. CHAOS (Osamu Nishimura & Tomohiro Ishii) for the 2010 World Tag League 

Power Struggle (November)

Samoa Joe had won the Tag League with KENTA a month ago but he also pinned "The Great One" in the G1 Climax. The main event for Power Struggle was set, and Samoa Joe, like a handful of others, had the rare chance of leaving Wrestle Kingdom a double champion. Samoa Joe would unfortunately come up short in a brutal match, and arguably the Rocks best match as champion. Elsewhere on the card, Kurt Angle defeated Randy Orton, and then called out Edge, Rated RKO had been giving Angle hell since G1, and he even lost to the team in Tag League. This was him avenging his losses, but promised that after he defeated Edge at Wrestle Kingdom, that he will never face another NJPW employed wrestler again! The reigning Junior Heavyweight champion defeated rival Ricky Gibson, a man who pinned him at BOSJ. Naruki Doi has been doing exceptionally well as champion and has found his stride. His problem now is KUSHIDA just lost to Liger on the same card and Liger has one goal in mind: One more title reign. 

Tl;Dr: Everyone retained their titles, The Rock vs Tanahashi is destined.

Wrestle Kingdom 18The Full Card

NEVER Openweight 6 Man: Suzuki-Gun (RAMPAGE + Hayato Jr. Fujita) (c) def. The Headshrinkers (Yokozuna / Alofa / Afa Jr.)

This was The Headshrinkers (bar Afa Jr.) last match in WK.

New Japan RAMBO Winner: Umaga

Umaga will get a title shot for the NEVER Openweight Title against either Tomohiro Ishii or Jun Akiyama, which is the match coming up next. After winning the Rambo, defeating Mabel last, he declared Alofa, and Yokozuna are gone for good. Afa and Umaga beat up the two members, and Umaga promised "big changes" in 2011.

NEVER Openweight: Tomohiro Ishii (c) def. Jun Akiyama

Jun Akiyama has lost "it." He is the last survivor of the AJPW group, and since then he hasn't really had that same spark. Ishii tried to get it out of Akiyama, despite being rivals, and Akiyama just couldn't pull the trigger and tap into the killer. Umaga vs. Ishii is established.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team: The Hardys def. Jung Dragons (c)

James Gibson is heading to WCW.. and unfortunately Kaz Hayashi must suffer as a debuting Jeff and Matt Hardy surprised everyone at the Tokyo Dome. There is no real story here, just new debuts as I rebuild my always abysmal tag divisions. 

IWGP Joshi: Meiko Satomura def. Gail Kim (c)

Satomura made a promise when she won the Joshi Cup in 2010. She decreed women's wrestling is pathetic, and Gail Kim is a weak champion. A bold claim, but within that claim was a sense of killer instinct that almost seemed lost as of late. Satomura vowed that when she won the title, she'd never lose it unless she is pushed to her limit, and nobody in the world can do that today. Will we see another legendary reign that rival the likes of Megumi Kudo or Bull Nakano? 

Vignette: Shinya Hashimoto & Kenta Kobashi Inducted Into the Hall of Fame

I usually leave vignettes off the thread but I figured I'd just put this here.

IWGP United States: Edge def. Kurt Angle (c)

Kurt Angle has been on an absolute run since rejoining NJPW last year. He won the United States title at Wrestle Kingdom 17, and sadly, he loses it exactly a year later at WK18. Edge had been getting the better of Angle, beating him in the Tag League, and the G1 Climax, and after Angle had been decreeing he was going to have the "greatest US title reign of all time." Kurt did indeed lose, and his title was indeed legendary. After 8 defenses the Olympic Gold Medalist was bested by a fiery and passionate Edge. 

IWGP Junior Heavyweight: Jushin "Thunder" Liger def. Naruki Doi (c)

This match was the present vs. the future, though Doi tried to play it up like it was "the past vs. the present." It worked mostly. Liger attempted to challenge for the title after Doi had won it back at Dontaku 2010. Doi cleverly told Liger "I think it is time to let the newer generation grow" while also reminding Liger he had not earned a title shot and just because he IS Liger doesn't mean he can just jump the line. Throughout the year Liger had challenged himself, beating the "present" stars like SUGI and Kushida to earn himself a spot here. Unfortunately, after Liger had conquered Doi... Devitt had come out alongside Jayson Paul and Paul Wight and viciously attacked him, spray painting "Bullet Club" on his attire and leaving Liger a mess. Out of kayfabe, Liger JUST hit his decline at 46 and I wanted to celebrate him with a final title reign making it 11, which is just how many he had irl!

IWGP Heavyweight Tag: Two Calamities as One def. Brutal Landslide 2.0 (c)

If you have gotten this far and have finally realized "Every single title but the 6 man titles are changing hands tonight" then bravo. I try not to do that, just because it is the final big show doesn't mean every single challenger has to overcome this obstacle, but I do enjoy it. Regardless this is just Tag League winners vs. Defending Champions. Nothing special here. 

IWGP Intercontinental: Minoru Tanaka def. Kensuke Sasaki (c)

I love Minoru Tanaka in this save, a lot. He is legitimately supremely talented, and is over as hell. There has been an overarching feud with CHAOS & Sekigun lately, and this spilled over. Tanaka pinned Sasaki during the road to Power Struggle and Sasaki was unable to compete in November. (I forgot to book the match and Sasaki can't work TV shows.... teehee) Tanaka has done CHAOS proud and has taken home their leaders former championship.

Special Singles Match: John Cena def. Shinsuke Nakamura

An absolute shock of the night, when John Cena had turned over a leaf from being a lowlife scum heel to a man of honor, respect, and all that other stuff. Cena bested Nakamura and offered Nakamura a handshake from which he declined of course. It is hard to say that Nakamura is through with Cena or Sekigun as a whole. But Cena will likely be gunning for the IC title now that Tanaka had just won. As for Nakamura, the leader of CHAOS has been struggling lately.

IWGP Heavyweight: "The Ace" Hiroshi Tanahashi def. "The Great One" Dwayne Johnson (c)

Of course Tanahashi, the G1 winner, was going to best The Rock. Why wouldn't he? He is the Ace. This match has been fun to build up to, because the Rock was able to trash talk Tanahashi all throughout the year. Refusing to wrestle him in tag matches, outright no-showing events. All the things that a "true champion" like Tanahashi would despise. When push came to shove however, The Rock had no where to go but forward and Tanahashi was more than ready. Tanahashi was able to celebrate peacefully as well. 

Overall I enjoyed booking the show, it felt a little loose in terms of storytelling, and that is mostly because I've been very busy and have been trying to scramble together a "new starting point." Starting mid Tag League was befuddling, and I had to power through. So thanks for reading this massive wall of text or thanks for at least scrolling past it and not saying mean things.

• Like 6

I plan on updating this long time save as Ladies' Wrestling Promotions (est. 1927) once I power thru the next ten years (currently in '42, maybe I'll go to '45 and update, not sure) but since I'm bored and wanted to post cause I got the itch brother, I though I'd post every main even for the biggest supercard of our calendar year, The LWP Anniversary, nothing like Wrestlemania (yet?) but its cool to see the history, also since I don't feel like repeating myself, these are ALWAYS for the Ladies' World Wrestling championship (biggest in the company)

*Also if you need a refresher, I'm playing the Organic database (1920) mixed with the cverse 70s database, I may import RL wrestlers in at points later on to spice things up as well.

Anniversary I 1928: Rose Donovan(c) def. Gabriela Suarez (42) - My user character pulling up the front line in the first ever show, we had some large names established on the undercard but these two where the first to REALLY get things moving, I don't do "stories" as I treat things almost as a actual sport, but still its pro wrestling at the end of the day, the main takeaway is that Gabriela needed more experience to conquer wrestling's first female champion.

Anniversary II 1929: Gabriela Suarez def. Rose Donovan(c) vs (50) - It took one full year, but by this point, the talent of Gabriela couldn't be stopped, after this match, she would go on to win female wrestler of the year multiple times in a row, and her title reign would go on to be legendary as the company, women's wrestling, and general wrestling itself took off under it.

Anniversary III 1930: Gabriela Suarez(c) def. Page Gagné vs (68) - In terms of talent, at this point, the only candle you could hold to Suarez was Gagné, a tag team specialist, the inaugural champs the previous year with Sara Izenberg as "The Castaways" (both bios, one generated one pre created, listed orphaned status). You could tell she at one point could possibly go past Suarez in terms of skill, but she wasn't ready, much like Gabriela was in 1928, could she do a repeat of a similar nature.

Anniversary IV 1931: Gabriela Suarez(c) def. Page Gagné vs (63) - No...she could not, not for a lack of skill, but she seemed "off her game" this day, and maybe focused more on her tag title reigns in between the previous year and now to improve as much as Suarez had, it was back to the drawing board, she wasn't going to be giving up, not yet.

Anniversary V 1932: Gabriela Suarez(c) def. June May Weston vs (63) - They can't all be repeats, and after fending off most of the same challengers across the great lakes and mid west area, June May Weston, "The All American Girl" rose to the challenge, and despite an impressive 30 minute contest, it was hard to think she would have challenged the Suarez title reign.

Anniversary VI 1933: Page Gagné def. Gabriela Suarez(c) (67) - After a grueling time in the singles division, Page Gagné FINALLY got her chance to shine, going almost 40 minutes with the champ, she finally pinned the shoulders of Suarez for three seconds, cementing herself into immortality. It would be still interesting to see a rematch, as you could argue a case for one, could Page go the full distance, or stumble after finally reaching the finishline.

Anniversary VII 1934: Page Gagné(c) def. Gabriela Suarez (73) - The student had become the master, and yes we held the rematch all the way here, who's gonna complain the internet, I should say in seriousness I treat this as it might possibly have been in the time period, so repeat matches with flimsy excuses and what not are common place, but we held this one off for quite some time. At this point, the best women's wrestler title could finally be swapped over to Gagné, not that Suarez was losing any steps, but she was just outclassed this whole match, and would slip down the card a bit to give some breathing room to the rest of a newly established main event scene.

Anniversary VIII 1935: Page Gagné(c) def. Sara Izenberg (74) - The tag team collides, no big break up here, we haven't had one of those yet in wrestling, but more a friendly rivalry and competition, the first time this match had happened was when the two where fresh faced rookies at Anniversary I, where they had great chemistry against one another, they also had great chemistry TEAMING with one another. Sara put in a good showcase, but wasn't nearly ready, mostly accepting this with a solid handshake, the quest to repeat a Suarez moment in her mind, however she wouldn't get the chance.

Anniversary IX 1936: Veronica Lutter def. Kotatsu(c) (67) - Kotatsu (fka Kozakura) and Veronica Lutter are two women who acted as a firm backbone in LWP, always on these cards, but strictly in the undercard/semi main position. Kotatsu's career had long been spinning on its wheels, and even a tag team with former champ Gabriela Suarez wasn't working. So in the first heel turn in wrestling, the former fan favorite turned to the dark side, taking out Gabriela, then Lutter, and finally securing the World title in a shocking turn of events. It wouldn't be the rematch everyone thought they would see, but Lutter made it her mission to save the title, as she herself would be spinning on her heels quite often, but proved the good girls can finish first, securing her title, and both etched in history. For Kotatsu, it would be the first and only time, retiring shortly thereafter, but Lutter may come back in the future, its hard to say...

Anniversary X 1937: Page Gagné(c) def. Sara Izenberg (71) - After recapturing the title shortly into the year, Gagné once again came across the isle from her tag partner, and once again used her ever growing talent to best her friend, who also was growing at a rapid rate, coming T H I S close to securing the world title, but she needed to improve even more.

Anniversary XI 1938: Page Gagné(c) def. Gabriela Suarez (79) - Originally a different match with someone who got a sprained ankle, this was the best match in company history, but still it didn't do much story wise, as no one really believed Gabriela, on such short notice, could top Page here.

Anniversary XII 1939: Rose Donovan(c) def. Sara Izenberg (75) - In a shocking upset, Donovan came back to the main event spotlight just a month after Page's defense against Suarez, denying Sara's want of a rematch. This lose wasn't due to the wrestling ability of Izenberg, but more so a mental one, as Rose, the first "Heel" in the business was easily able to outsmart the champ with some clever cheating. Sara would get her rematch in May, using the lessons learned to earn the title for the first time, and setting up the biggest match of her life.

Anniversary XIII 1940: Sara Izenberg(c) def. Page Gagné (82) - Finally, on the biggest night of the year, Sara was able to best her tag partner in the middle of the ring. It was a hard fought victory, one she would be awarded match of the year on, but a hard-fought victory none the less. It took all Sara had to really get that submission victory on the best female wrestler in the world, but she did, it was great moment, and a good way to kick off a nasty decade in the history books.

Anniversary XIV 1941: June May Weston def. Sara Izenberg(c) (78) - Nearly a decade after her first attempt ending in failure, The All American Girl came through when she, and the country needed it most, and for only the 4th time in 14 years, the title changed hands in front of a record breaking 4,611 Chicago crowd. It was only by a quick pinfall, so the rematch question is in full effect, but at this point in the save, one more name has gone the distance in the biggest show.

I hope someone gets a kick of this, I did when I booked it, so interesting to see the little quirks I made in the moment.

• Like 4

On 11/18/2023 at 6:39 PM, DAVEFAN95 said:

Continuation of this, haven't been playing as often as I'd like but recently made it to Chaos in the Cage. 

Alex stands as a DeColt alone facing off against Doll the Runaway Bride's (Her actual name) Army. She comes out with her army to begin the road to Chaos in the Cage, She says Jack maybe the number one contender but not for long, using the voodoo doll she forces Jack to lay on the ground as Xavier Austin pins him, she counts the three. She states that everybody saw Xavier Austin beat Jack for the number one contendership and they are coming for Steve. 

Alex has a promo later in the night saying he will defend CGC, hold the fort until Steve returns, by himself if he has to. The next week he faces off against Xavier Austin. He wins, but only because Jack interfere's thanks to Doll's controlling of him. The beatdown begins. Steve is hurt, Jack is on the other side, who can help him? Steve Flash, that's who. The fastest rising star in CGC runs to the ring and saves Alex. 

Surely, the inevitable tag match comes to fruition the very next week, Alex and Flash v Austin and Jack? However, that seems unlikely as Flash has the TV title and Eric Tyler (More about this later) has forced him to defend it every week, this week the dangerous John Maverick gets a shot. Doll asks Alex who'll be his partner now and Alex ensures her he'll find one. Flash beats Maverick, but had an Armbar latched on for awhile, so he's not in the best of shape. Alex goes looking for a partner. The majority of the faces (aka the Job guys) are too scared of Doll to help Alex. Moose Mulder wants to help, but he's been battling Dan DaLay and Alex feels that'll just be more trouble. Similarly, Team Toronto (Alexander Robinson and Lee Bennett) also want to help, but the Soldiers of Fortune have been feuding with them. Ed Monton says he's busy (even though he doesn't seem it) while The Flock are stuck in their locker room as a dog (a small sweet one) has herded them in there and won't let them out, which Alex doesn't understand. Alex says he'll go alone but Flash stands up saying they'll go with the original plan. Alex and Flash v Jack and Austin. It doesn't go well and the injured Flash costs them the victory. Finally, a beatdown with no interruptions. Not so fast, a still clearly injured Steve DeColt returns only two weeks after being thrown off a stage. Doll can't believe he has returned. 

The next week, Doll asks Alex if he can really trust Steve, look at everything he said about you. Alex has no qualms or reservations about his brother. They talk later in the night, Steve assures him he's 100%. He's not. They face a newly heel Ed Monton and Jon Jetson, The Canadian Enforcers. It starts poorly, but Alex pulls it out of the bag. Also, Jack's temper has reached an all time high. He can't help his brothers, in fact, he's fighting them. Every second fighting the voodoo is making him weaker and gives her more control over him. He blows a gasket at her (after beating Eddie Chandler who grabbed Jack's junk, but as he's being controlled, it didn't affect him) saying he's nobody's soldier and he'll fight til the end and that's a DeColt Guarantee (Jack came up with a new catchphrase in this segment, couldn't come up with anything original so stole one from Self). Doll says so be it, keep fighting. The weaker he gets, the better it is for her. However, something seemed to give her an idea. Flash also faced Xavier Austin in the main event for the TV title. Austin won, by count out though. Steve and Alex save him from a beatdown.

Week 5 of 6 in the build up and Jack is up for a shot at the TV title. He loses by DQ as Xavier Austin interferes, but Alex and Steve rush to the rescue again. Later a now fully heel Eddie Chandler talk to Steve. He says the only way to beat a guy like him is by getting in his head, so he has a plan. He pulls out Jack's voodoo doll, Jack emerges from behind the curtain and he stands on the ramp with him. Eddie gyrates and feels up Jack, Steve isn't too happy, Eddie tells him come save his brother but Steve does nothing. That's until Eddie plants a kiss on Jack's cheek, Steve's had enough mocking and rushes to save his brother, Austin attacks from behind. Eddie chuckles "We have, shall we zay, teamed up for zis evening" They throw Steve in the ring, the bell rings and Chandler does the most provocative pin he can think of to get get a major upset wi....,. NO! Steve kicks out. Austin has left ringside, Doll is nowhere to help. Eddie is alone. Steve batters Eddie. Eddie tries to use numerous underhanded tactics. A slap on the bottom, no response, Steve's a jock, he's used to getting a slap on the bottom in the locker room. grabbing his junk? A kiss on the cheek? Steve is blinded with rage, he doesn't care and beats him. After the match he tells Doll she better hope Xavier Austin is enough because he'll stop at nothing but to banish her from CGC. 

The last week before Chaos in the Cage, The DeColts say they will save Jack, but Doll states the only way she'll let him go is if Alex beats him in a cage. Alex reluctantly accepts. Alex then faces Xavier Austin and beats him (misclick, Austin was supposed to win but I found an alternate story). Alex takes an almighty beating, taking in information as a way to find the weakness, find a way to beat him. He finds a way, but it's not clear what it is and Alex counters a move and hits the DeColt Driver and wins by the skin of his teeth, what could he have possibly learned?

Chaos in the Cage is here. First up Alex v Jack in a cage match. The match is even. Jack is being controlled but Alex counters a lot of moves that's been thrown at him, how does he know what he'll do? Alex refuses to strike his brother, dodging and weaving and trying to sneak a victory with a school boy or escaping out the door, this is when Jack finally gets ahold of Alex and Alex smashes both himself and Jack with the steel cage door by accident. Jack is busted open, he got the brunt of it. Alex is hurt but is about to get back to his feet when Barry Bowen returns. Running down he busts open the door and destroys Alex before pulling Jacks lifeless body over him for the three. Why would Bowen help Doll? Wait a minute, she has Bowen's voodoo doll.... The one Steve dropped out of the bag back at WF... was Barry Bowen's. Bowen felt that the DeColts were doing something to him, but it was Doll controlling him and now, he joins her Army. In the main event, Steve faces Austin. Austin is powerful and hits some big moves but Steve is doing a pretty good job dodging as Alex would. Doll is absolutely freaking out on the outside, why won't anything she's doing with Austin's voodoo doll work? That's the thing, Steve can see her manipulating the doll, he knows what's coming because he sees her do with the doll, Alex is a genius. Knowing Doll knows this now as she begins hiding what she's doing with the doll, Steve needs to end this quick and he does. Steve retains his belt, but now they have to deal with Barry Bowen too.

In other feuds, Eric Tyler and Steve Flash have continued their feud. Tyler has been talking a lot about if Flash joined him, he'd be world champ and yada yada yada. Flash was busy with the DeColts so hadn't been doing much with the SOT. Tyler beat Flash in an exceptional match in a cage at CITC.

Speaking of, Dan called out anyone who thought they were bad enough to beat him at WFD1 as a warm up for Flash on D2, Moose Mulder answered the call. Mulder lost, only just though and Mulder stated if he landed a Moose Punch he'd have won. There's not been much about this feud, but Dan interefered in some of his matches, the SOT talk crap about them when they have mic time, usual heel stuff. Soldiers of Fortune v Team Toronto (Alexander Robinson & Lee Bennett) are in the same predicament, but Bennett got hurt early on in the build and that ruled him out for the tag match, Condor took his place (but he phoned in his performance because he's an unprofessional twat and doesn't realise being a LW in CGC means jobber) but SOF successfully defended their belts. 

Maverick and Archangel also feuded, nothing much happened as I hadn't much time to fill. Archangel had some squashes, Maverick had some matches, they had a stand off and Maverick beat Archangel at CITC, had to happen unfortunately.

Next we have the Ultimate Showdown series. 8 weeks, 10 events, 10 competitors, 1 winner. 3 wishes on the line. The Competitors are as follows in alphabetical order: Alex DeColt, Battering Lamb, Dan DaLay, Eddie Chandler, Jack DeColt, John Maverick, John McClean, Moose Mulder, Steve Flash & Xavier Austin (Bowen was supposed to be in it and not Austin but he's not been very good. Underwhelming which is why Bowen has taken his place in the World Title scene, Bowen was always planned to be apart of Doll's Army but as a secondary piece, now he has to be the ace). I'm very much looking forward to this.

This is such silly wrestling nonsense and I love it

• Like 1

Been playing EX2010 in the Cverse and loving it, becoming my favourite save ever. Just finished the Grand Prix for 2022 and this post ended up longer than I thought it would, sorry for the rant, 

EXODUS World Junior Heavyweight

The title starts on Masao Tsubouchi, one of the companies big three to build around. Tsubouchi started off feuding against Order of the Dragon and beat both Commander Kawagishi and Shimpei Hirose before facing against Orange Tsuchie. The story was that Tsubouchi couldn't beat Tsuchie without help, having a time limit draw and losing to him in the Tag Grand Prix going into Wrestle Kingdom. Right before Wrestle Kingdom I Subarashi was formed as the main heel threat in EXODUS. Tschie lost in the main event but would go on to win the Grand Prix, overcome Subarashi and win the world title. 

Tsuchi's reign saw he become the true ace of the company, being able to put on great matches against anyone (92 against Hyotaru at Zero Hour 2020 is still in our top 5 best ever matches). He gave rising stars like Motoyuki Miyake and Frankie Perez title opportunities. His reign ended when he lost to Subarashi member Tsuneyo Yanagimoto in the main event of Wrestle Kingdom II.

Yanagimoto is the third of the EXODUS big three and has set the record for longest ever title reign. Winning the first ever Eiko no Torofi in 2021 (New Japan Cup style but with the G1 briefcase thing) Yanagimoto earnt a Wrestle Kingdom main event and won the title. His first few months were underwhelming against Mercury, X-Calibre and Art of War. 2022 so far has been the year of Yanagimoto, he kicked out Tsubouchi to become the leader of Subarashi, found a great deputy in Greg Gauge, beat Orange Tsuchie in a rematch and even retained his title in a 98 rated match against 2021 Grand Prix and 2022 Eiko no Torofi winner Tsubouchi. The future looks good for Yanagimoto however the roster is improving greatly, and he failed to beat his deputy Greg Gauge, coming away with a 60-minute time limit draw in a champion vs champion match.

EXODUS World Junior Heavyweight Tag Team

The tag team division has been a strong element of the company however due to this the belts have changed hands quite frequently. Hyotaru and X-Calibre (H-X) start as champions and reigned until June that year when they had to vacate the titles due to an injury to X-Calibre. The rest of 2020 saw Hustle-X,  Kimyama & Kogo, Tsubouchi & Caballero all have reigns before H-X regained their titles. This lasted until The Legion defeated them at Thunder so H-X could split into solo action. The belts continued to change hands often with Perez & Smooth and The Canadian Daredevils becoming champions. Now in 2022 the Galaxy Surfers have held the titles since March and look strong.

EXODUS All-Asia Junior Heavyweight

Possibly the most overlooked title in the company, the All-Asia title has had few major storylines associated to it and has just been something for mid carders to win further propel themselves. 2020 saw Tobei Sugimura, Jotaro Tanaka and Frankie Perez holding the title, with Perez having it from Wrestle Kingdom I in May to the start of 2021. Edo Phoenix IV is a cult hero of EXODUS, having the best Wrestle Kingdom II match in his defence against Pretty Okakura getting an 88. Edo left to BHOTWG so he dropped the title to Kaoru Shibasawa. Felipe Cabellero won the title at the end of 2021 right before being kicked out from Subarashi with Tsubouchi. Gauge defeated Cabellero at Wrestle Kingdom III due to the Tsubouchi, Tsuchie and friend's vs Subarashi story.

GCG World

Takayuki 2000 left BHOTWG so I signed him up and had him debut at Wrestle Kingdom I proclaiming himself as the "real" world champion with the GCG belt. He beat EXODUS legend Burning EXILE and had the title until October that year when Commander Kawagishi won it. 2021 saw the debut of Noriyori Sanda and SANDA-GUN, resulting in Sanda winning the title. The build to Wrestle Kingdom II saw SANDA-GUN brutalising Subarashi members, so leader at the Tsubouchi challenged and defeated Sanda. Tsubouchi had the title all the way till New Years Dash 2022 when he lost to X-Calibre and then got kicked from his own stable. X-Calibre had the title for over half the year but lost at Invasion Attack Los Angeles when Yuta Isono beat him.

ACPW Junior Heavyweight

As of right now the last singles title in EXODUS, the ACPW Junior Heavyweight title arrived with Maple Terror Unit when they invaded the company. The real reason was EXODUS buying out ACPW to improve their popularity in Canada. Ant-Man had the title from the end of 2020 to Wrestle Kingdom II when he lost to Takayuki 2000. Since then the title has been the definition of mid card, Shimpei Hirose won it at Invasion Attack Los Angeles in 2021, Perez then became champion at Pacific Battle 2020 (Hawaii show). David Stone finally graduated form his Young Lion stage and defeated Perez for the title at Thunder 2022 and vows to honour Canada with this title.

EXODUS Six-Man

Everyone loves some trios titles when booked correctly so EXODUS implemented them to. The inaugural champions were crowned at Wrestle Kingdom II when Art of War (Musashi, Jotaro Tanaka and Japanese Phoenix) won a triple threat match against Order of the Dragon and a Subarashi trio. They then lost to SANDA-GUN (Noriyori Sanda, Motoyuki Miyake and Americana Jr). They lost the titles before 2021 was over to Frankie Perez and The Legion on a tour show. New Years Dash 2022 was a crazy event for Subarashi as Yuta Isono and Hustle-X won the trios title for the stable. They were finally beaten at Wrestle Kingdom III by the trio of Orange Tsuchie and DISCO Boys.

EXODUS Grand Prix

2020 saw the Grand Prix become a round robin tournament (in canon every tournament in the Cverse is elimination, idk why) with two blocks of 10 men competing over 18 nights to decide who makes t to the final. Takayuki 2000 drew Block A with Jotaro Tanaka with 15 points, however due to Takayuki having a win against the former he moved on. Block B had Orange Tsuchie win with 14 points after defeating Yanagimoto on the last night who also had 12 points. Tsuchie then defeated Takayuki in the finals to win his 2nd GP. The 2021 addition had the same structure, this time Block A was won by Masao Tsubouchi on 14 points thanks to Yanagimoto drawing his last match with Mercury. Block B was the reigning Grand Prix winner and constant enemy of Subarashi,  Orange Tsuchie (15 points). Tsubouchi bested his rival in the finals to win his 3rd GP, his second win in three years. 

The 2022 edition saw the field doubling in size with the addition of C and D Block. Block A saw former BCG World Champion Razan Okamoto come out on top with 15 points. The B Block saw the ace of Exodus win his Block for the third year in a row, this time with a record 17 points, his only draw coming against Kaiii Hanari. C Block saw the champion struggle as stablemate Pretty Okakura won with 14 points. The final Block was an upset as Motoyuki Miyake was tied on 16 points with Greg Gauge however Miyake already defeat Guage. The semifinals saw A Block winner Razan Okamoto defeat the C Block winner Pretty Okakura and Motoyuki Miyake pull of a miracle win against Orange Tsuchie. The miracle run ended their as the heir to SANDA-GUN lost to Razan Okamoto.

EXODUS Tag Grand Prix

The tag team version of the main Grand Prix, it originally started two Blocks of 6 teams. Massive Thunder went undefeated the whole tournament winning all 5 Block matches and the final against Kimiyama & Kogo. 2021 saw the new format of 8 team blocks and in the final Block A winner DREAM (Tetsuji Nishimoto and Kiyotaka) lost to the Galaxy Surfers of Block B. 2022 was the best edition of the Tag Grand Prix so far, Block A winner The Revengers defeated The Canadian Daredevils of Block B. All 3 winners of the tournament went on to lose at Wrestle Kingdom, will a team break the curse in 2023? 

EXODUS Eiko no Torofi

The annual 32-man elimination tournament began in 2021 and saw Tsuneyo Yanagimoto defeat Tetsuji Nishimoto in the finals. The 2022 edition had Masao Tsubouchi facing off against the newest signing at the time Greg Gauge in the finals, the Gaijin star couldn't quite get it done.

EXODUS Young Lions Cup

A tournament designed to showcase the future stars of EXODUS, the Young Lions Cup was originally to Blocks of six competitors. It will soon become the RISE F-1 Festival, the round robin tournament of RISE (more on that later). The first edition in 2020 saw Yuta Isono defeat Dial K for Kotani in the final, with 2021 seeing David Stone beat Nakayama. Both former winners have gone on to great things and time will tell if this tournament will continue to make stars

RISE and the American title were announced at the post show press conference. RISE will be a developmental company based up in Hokkaido in order for the dojo graduates of EXODUS and other young stars from around the world to get experience and improve before hitting the main roster. This also means the EXODUS Project will expand, currently there are the Tokyo (January 2021), Los Angeles (January 2021) and Montreal (January 2022) branches. Soon the Auckland (June 2023) and Sapporo (September 2023) will produce graduates for the company. As for the American title, Invasion Attack will become a weekly TV show to improve the popularity of EXODUS in the United States. The show will have a distinct brand and roster to it, mixing in independent talent from America and current wrestlers in EXODUS.

Again, sorry this post is so long

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

NJPW Fighting Spirit Unleashed (2011) is here, and the year has been hectic already. Bullet Club has officially blossomed and everybody seems to be on edge. But before we get all into that let us go over the card!

IWGP Joshi: Meiko Satomura (c) def. Kyoko Inoue

Satomura personally requested to be the opener, as she believes the Joshi Scene has been killed. Blames NJPW and AJW & JWP for stagnating the division, so until Joshi wrestling is serious again she finds this as her motivator. I'm sort of making this up as I go, but I've been real bad at booking the women's division in EVERY save I've ever played, so this is first real hard attempt at fixing it. Something general. Satomura wins decisively, and an aging Kyoko Inoue perhaps proves Satomura's point.

NEVER Openweight Six Man: Chris Jericho & The Briscoes def. Suzuki-gun (RAMPAGE & Hayato Jr. Fujita) (c)

The team that just sort of was thrown together after stringing a few wins together manage to secure the belts from Suzuki-gun veterans and newcomer in Fujita Jr. Jericho is unfortunately dealing with his tag partner Mabel joining Bullet Club (yes I made Mabel join BC, it's my story damn it) but has recovered nicely over the past month with the Briscoes. 

IWGP Intercontinental: Minoru Tanaka (c) def. SUWAMA

Since returning from a back injury Suwama has not really felt like a rising star, more of an established midcard veteran. However, his recent string of victories over CHAOS, specifically Tanaka, showed a younger and healthier Suwama. Sadly, he just didn't have the tools he needed and Minoru Tanaka's strength in being able to do just about everything worked out and secured him a victory.

IWGP Heavyweight Tag: Two Calamities As One (Kenta/Samoa Joe) (c) def. Suzuki-gun (Takao Omori/Shuji Ishikawa)

A feud born out of the previous one, with Suzuki-gun leader Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Sugiura falling at Wrestle Kingdom, Omori and Ishikawa looked to make a splash and a massive upset victory against TCAO. This feud was, I admit, filler, but it was also a test to see if either man could get over as well! Despite this, TCAO now has their hands full as the legendary team of TenKoji has called them out!

IWGP Junior Heavyweight: Jushin "Thunder" Liger (c) def. Jayson Paul

JTG is the secondary of Bullet Club, and had a huge opportunity tonight to rocket BC off to greatness. It was not meant to be. Of course, this doesn't stop Devitt and co. assaulting Liger after the match while Devitt screams in his face telling him he has to worry about The Prince now. When they ripped Liger's mask off, Kishin Liger would re-appear, viciously beating down Jayson Paul and Devitt. Kishin Liger hasn't been released in over a decade! Finally, the Ace of the Junior division has snapped and is going to try and kill Bullet Club before they can really get going.

NEVER Openweight: Umaga (c) def. Shingo Takagi, Daisuke Sekimoto, & Tomohiro Ishii

A NEVER Openweight match co-main eventing?! Well, imagine this match. The meat. Of course Shingo is very much "Openweight" and a bit smaller than he is in real life now, but that's okay. This is going to be the NEVER Openweight division for the next year or so. It was originally set to be Ishii vs. Umaga but Shingo called out the ever stalwart Ishii to a match and caused a massive upset! Sekimoto, Ishii's rival, was baffled by this and challenged Shingo and defeated him. Simple. This mucked up who gets a real shot, and Umaga, being an absolute badass promised to defeat all three of them at the same time. He made good on his promise, and without the Headshrinkers holding him back, looked unstoppable.

IWGP Heavyweight: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) def. Mabel

I love that I can book this match, and it do fantastic because Mabel is somehow a God in this save and I just never noticed until I re-signed Jericho. Mabel would betray Jericho and Tanahashi in a six man match a month back and align with Bullet Club. This was revenge, due to Tanahashi somewhat mocking Devitt saying he is a bit to skinny to be a heavyweight. So the super heavyweight ended up being Tanahashi's opponent. Of course with resilience like the Ace, it was no issue but one cannot help but wonder just what Prince Devitt and the rest of Bullet Club have planned, as Devitt did promise Tanahashi that his comments would be his undoing.

Next Week

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag: The Hardy Boys (c) def. MCMG in a special where New Japan goes to America!

This match already happened in my save, but y'know, pretending as if it didn't because I don't name the weekly shows. I actually had a year long plan for the tag titles here, which is rare for the Jr. division. So I'm happy for that. The Hardy Boys debuted at WK and won the titles, and are looking to be the cornerstone of helping me revitalize this division. 

IWGP United States: Edge (c) def. Abyss in a special where New Japan goes to America!

Again, this match already happened in my save, I just posted it here as if it hadn't. There is no story, it's just part of the special of me doing a show in America just to breathe some life into the game for myself. The US title is sort of in need of actual credible challengers. It happens, when half your roster retires at around the same time, massive holes get created. Though John Cena would come out after and challenge Edge to a match for that title, so all is good. The title will remain relevant.

Thank you for reading!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Peria said:

IWGP Heavyweight: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) def. Mabel

Mabel is a God.

🎶"You Think Your Special...You Do..." 🎶

It should be illegal to book something so based.

In my 1920s onward save, I've reached 1944, meaning I've gotten the ever allusive achievement of twenty five years of a single career. I don't know how many will feel this, but its odd to see wrestlers debut, then retire, all in the same save. Especially the NewGens (which I know some people dislike, but still). It really is watching a whole career, good or not flash before your eyes. I didn't sign up for this I just wanted to book six-man bouts man...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaiTyLer said:

In my 1920s onward save, I've reached 1944, meaning I've gotten the ever allusive achievement of twenty five years of a single career. I don't know how many will feel this, but its odd to see wrestlers debut, then retire, all in the same save. Especially the NewGens (which I know some people dislike, but still). It really is watching a whole career, good or not flash before your eyes. I didn't sign up for this I just wanted to book six-man bouts man...

100%.  Just wait until they die...

I have four saves

• 1920-1971
  • 1970-1987
  • 1980-1999
  • 1985-2016

It is super satisfying and depressing watching your former stars slow down.  The moment they go from work any show, to no house shows, to only major events, etc.  H

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

spacer.png

History of Ladies' Wrestling Promotions: 1940-1945 (The 2nd World War and its aftermath)

We're (so) back in the longest save I've done, and while its not the full end of the year, I figured with such a historical time in both the world and the promotion, I'd write a fun update about what's been going on. WW2 didn't effect many of the companies in a huge sense, most like Pride of Germany (PoG) or the UK feds all saved up their money the previous decade, and only a handful went out of Buisness. Japan hasn't had more then two companies until recent, with the new promotion struggling but winning the almighty coin toss to get bailed out via the editor. Most companies can't crack past small, not by any bad game design, but they just can't use the custom generated talent poll enough. Ed Henson debuted for any Cverse heads, and Immediately had to nerf him because he regular had 99 pop everywhere, but its still the first real good talent from the Cverse. Frank Norris Promotions (big lore company) closed down soley because they just could keep up with an aging roster, and threw in the towel before basically coming back as Bronx: World Series of Wrestling the following year. 

Now about LWP. We're the #1 company, going from 1000+ attendance in the beginning of the decade to around 35,000 in the current day. I put my events on radio and the limited TV because I forgot the AI doesn't do that itself, oops, but I kinda planned for this as I'm gonna switch over to a TV format in 46. The Main Event scene was dominated by June May Weston, who was owed a title run being the first big women's Cverse character to come about, and along with most of the women from the 30s consistently get matches in the 75-80 range. We're starting to lose some talent however, nobody big, but names in the midcard/tag team scene are slowly getting time decline and even retiring! Veronica Lutter is the first BIG name besides Kunie Hashiguchi in the 30s that has held/challenged for the world title regularly to retire. She never was the best, only getting a title reign basically because I felt bad not giving her one, but it was a sobering reminder I need to start building up the main event scene for the next couple decades, especially with the cverse women still not coming out, as well as not being that great when they do. I have a fun spinner where I can make a character or import a RW one, so we'll see if that happens. The undercard actually holds a good amount of young talent that can go if I just push them, and with a lot of midcarders starting to retire, I've come to the realization I just gotta throw them in and have them go over the old women on the way out, much as it hurts to see. We already have a couple fresher faces in the main event, but they're in the 30-35 range, so not exactly good when planning for 5-10 years into the future. You'll read below about one face in her late 20s that I really nailed in terms of getting over, plus it was a fun story as well. As stated I'll be going to a TV format, the idea being TV will get me pop across the nation, while my events will just be events as they are in this time. I probably won't put my stuff back on TV until late 70s early 80s, or at least try to. A Monopoly isn't something I'm against, it just means I would have to try and keep it. I've put the title back on Gabriela Suarez, whose been still going strong, and by feeding a character who's got 80 pop due to TV and movies to her helped get any pop that didn't get to exist before now. I'll get into specific stuff now below.

• JMW's Patriotic Run:

As stated, June May Weston had a legendary run with the world title, and while only coming close to the record set by Gabriela Suarez the previous decade, she defended the title a historic 47 times. The main thing about the run was the theme of patriotic fever, as the reign began just after pearl harbor, and ended the same month the war was officially over. She really grew into the role as face of the company, and while she never won top women's wrestler, she did cement herself as the psudeo holder of said title. My user character and Page Gagné got that role down pat, and even won overall wrestler of the year multiple times. The only "bad" aspect was alot of people I maybe could've given a reign didn't due to the length always being set in stone, but what are you going to do? I don't know if she'll hold the title again, maybe, maybe not, but a spot in the HOF for sure is waiting for her once she does start to decline and retire.

• The Masked Mistress

Kaylynn Teasley was just another undercard hand I had that while often being told was going to be good, just never seemed to get over enough to properly hold any titles or move up the card, and not for a lack of booking. In march of 1944, she was caught in possession of steroids, and got suspended due to the (admittedly very minimal) effect on the companies image. During her time away, Veronica Lutter announced that she was going to officially retire, she was holding the new deal cup midcard title, so when such a opportunity struck, someone was going to be getting the pop, the question was who and how? In a bit of RP, I decided I had failed Kaylynn Teasley, and needed something new if she really was going to move onto the next level, so looking at that area as an example, I decided to create, The Masked Mistress a sort of masked patriot(c-verse) or Mr. Wrestling (RW) gimmick of a masked worker I intend to bring back to workers worthy of it. I haven't really gotten a real character down, but something of a brutish heel that also uses cheating and smart rule breaking tactics to win. (not that I can't make them a face later on). Upon her "debut" she demolished Veronica after a routine title defense, ran right thru her the following month, and in a last ditch effort to regain the title put her career on the line only to give the mistress one last rub. This moved her from unimportant to Well Known/Star in the span of a few months, and while she still is holding the New Deal Cup, a title I intend to unify with another with the end of its lore reasoning existence, her plans are always ever changing, and a main event push will occur one way or another.

• What's Next?

Besides the new schedule, I'm not too sure, I had plans for title holders, but I might have to rethink most if not all of them with the changing scene. I've beefed up my wrestling school to pump out (hopefully) quality wrestlers on the annual, so that will also need to factor. I plan on possibly unifying the New Deal Cup with the Featherweight title, but I also just came to realize the only other American/Canadian women's promotion is going under (headed by two wrestlers who screwed me in the early game 😈) so that might lead to something even more interesting. I plan on having events monthly, with minor in-between major holidays and the big anniversary show.

LWP (Ladies' Wrestling Promotions) Titles, Annual Year Awards, & Notable Deaths

Ladies' World Wrestling Championship: Gabriela Suarez x2 (1 Days, Won Sunday W4, September 1945)

Ladies' Tag Team Championships: The Atlantic Sisterhood (Gens) x3 (85 Days, Won Sunday W4, June 1945)

New Deal Cup: The Masked Mistress x1 (421 Days, Won Sunday W4, June 1944)

New Deal Cup (Tournament): June Flowers x1 (1940) Dolly Peacock x1 (1941) Gracelynn Bowker x1 (1942) Kelsey Sobel x1(1943), The Masked Mistress x1 (1944 - FINAL)

North American Featherweight: Sophia Cortes x1 (141 Days, Won Sunday W4, April 1945)

ANNUAL YEAR AWARDS: 

WRESTLER OF THE YEAR: Page Gagné x2 (1940) El Espiritu x9 (1941) Sara Izenberg x1 (1942) El Espiritu x9 (1943) Ed Henson x1 (1944)

TEAM OF THE YEAR: Page Gagné & Sara Inzberg x5 (1939, 1942-1944) 

FEMALE WRESTLER OF THE YEAR: Sara Izenberg x4 (1940-1941), Page Gagné x7 (1942-1944)

COMPANY OF THE YEAR: LWP x4 (1940-1943) Viva La Lucha x12 (1944)

MOST IMPROVED COMPANY OF THE YEAR: LWP x3 (1942)

NOTABLE RETIREMENTS:

• Veronica Lutter @ 39, 1944 (Founder of Chicago Style Wrestling (CSW) x4 CSW Female Champ, x1 Ladies World Wrestling Champ, x3 New Deal Cup holder, x1 New Deal Cup Tournament Winner) 
  • Stu Kent @ 32, 1945 (x1 SPW Southeastern Champ, big name potential) forced to retire due to multiple neck injuries in the span of 3 years.

NOTABLE DEATHS:

• Sorely Monaghan @ 71, 1940 (First Ever Wrestling Manager, x7 time Manager of the Year)
  • Jay Lutter @ 61, 1940 (Helped her daughter start and run Chicago Style Wrestling, trained many wrestlers over the course of the industries birth) Drinking

TIMELINE:

• Jan 1940 Gabriela Suarez Leaves for SUENO while still tag champions.
  •  March 1940 first 1000+ Attendance
  • May 1940 First India Company wins. Sorley Monaghan dies.
  • June 1940 Week 2 German troops enter Paris, no one cares about SPW's newest show.
  • APR 41, Róisín Monaghan shows up drunk and forced to be sent home, no other incidents occur but she is never the same, a large main event title run most likely cancelled.
  • Early December 1941, Gabriela and Cortez return from SUENO after company falls from Medium (start) to tiny.
  • Jan 1942 First 5000+ Attendance.
  • Dec 1942 first 10000+ Attendance + Medium Size
  • Jan 1943, Veronica Lutter starts Decline.
  • Dec 43 First 20000+ Attendance.
  • Feb 44 Frank Norris Promotions closes.
  • March 44 Kaylynn Teasley has illegal steroids, causing mini prestige hit for the company.
  • May 44, Veronica Lutter announces she will retire. Kaylynn will be put under a mask, hoping to create a "Legacy" gimmick.
  • Jun 44 D-Day Occurs.
  • August 44 Porfirio Raso opens Mount Olympus wrestling after failing earlier in the decade with Ring Warriors Wrestling Group in Scandinavia.
  • Dec 44 first 30000 attendance.
  • March 45 Bronx: World Series of Wrestling formed by Frank Norris Jr.
  • Sept 45 After nearly 20 years, Veronica Lutter will be leaving the company after handing in her notice. WW2 Ends, June May Weston's legendary title reign comes to an end after Gabriela Suarez works from the bottom back to the top.

PREVIOUS POSTS:

1920-1930

1930-1940

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 11:32 AM, Peria said:

NJPW Fighting Spirit Unleashed (2011) is here, and the year has been hectic already. Bullet Club has officially blossomed and everybody seems to be on edge. But before we get all into that let us go over the card!

IWGP Joshi: Meiko Satomura (c) def. Kyoko Inoue

Satomura personally requested to be the opener, as she believes the Joshi Scene has been killed. Blames NJPW and AJW & JWP for stagnating the division, so until Joshi wrestling is serious again she finds this as her motivator. I'm sort of making this up as I go, but I've been real bad at booking the women's division in EVERY save I've ever played, so this is first real hard attempt at fixing it. Something general. Satomura wins decisively, and an aging Kyoko Inoue perhaps proves Satomura's point.

The highlighted part, I don't think I've seen this happen or is this embellishment in the story? I kind of hope for the former.

Otherwise, these are a fantastic recap each time and I'd love to be able to get a game to run for so many years.

Recently got back into TEW 2020 after a long hiatus. I don't have much time to play each night but I am chugging along with a 1992 save.

The premise is that I'm booking WCW as a Japanese-style performance-based company, specifically using the "Royal Puroresu" product, and making stables integral to the company.

Along with the starting factions, like the Dangerous Alliance and the Diamond Mine, I've kept the York Foundation around and added "Camp Cornette" (with Vader and the Midnight Express). Once I get Ric Flair back, I'll obviously reactivate the Four Horsemen. I also want to create a classic babyface faction (though I'm not actually using dispositions) led by Sting. My initial idea is to include the Killer Bees (who I hired in my initial wave of hiring and firing), but that might be a little too corny. If I can get my hands on them, I also want my own version of the Hart Foundation.

I'm really enjoying it so far, and I've also learned a lot more about how the game works. I used to bumble my way through but I wanted to get this right so, among other things, I finally sat down and hashed the maths out, regarding the 65:35 performance-to-popularity match ratings ratio. It's been helpful to think of it in two ways; 65 is effectively a cap on the rating (perfect in-ring wrestlers with zero popularity could achieve this, but not much more) and 60 points of popularity is a requirement for, realistically, getting match ratings in the 90-100 range.

Edited by Scarlet-Left
  • Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 12:13 PM, MaiTyLer said:

Haha, I saw Mabel just doing nothing, and with his stats and the fact he was early 40s not declining? Why the hell not? But it gets better, just wait.

On 12/5/2023 at 1:16 PM, Zero said:

100%.  Just wait until they die...

Dude, I know right? The only person I lost in this save that was supremely relevant to me was AJ Styles. Died super young, and it actually killed my motivation a little bit because I just lost like half of Bullet Clubs early history.

On 12/9/2023 at 7:29 AM, Bailey1985 said:

The highlighted part, I don't think I've seen this happen or is this embellishment in the story? I kind of hope for the former.

Otherwise, these are a fantastic recap each time and I'd love to be able to get a game to run for so many years.

No! This did not happen. I try to follow real life in some regards but everything is fictional for the most part! It is just an excuse for me to make a pseudo-shoot on how awful I am at booking the Joshi belt, while giving Meiko Satomura a dominant character. 

The New Japan Cup has concluded, and there were two major matches on the card that I will cover before going straight into Sakura Genesis!

Never Openweight 6-Man: Chris Jericho & The Briscoes (c) def. Two Calamities as One (Kenta/Samoa Joe) & Hayabusa

So this match was sort of the conclusion of Joe and Kenta's heel run. They've been heel for a while, and both got over in the G1 last year, so why not right? Joe also won Wrestler of the Year, with Kenta getting #2... despite not winning Tag Team of the Year. Anyways, The Briscoes agreed to let TCAO challenge if they could somehow find a third that tolerated them. Lo' and behold, the great Hayabusa showed up, in a great effort. The point was, I took the ultimate babyface and sided with the two villains to show its cool. It wasn't like Briscoes & Jericho are heels, they're good people. Trust me. Of course since TCAO lost... Sakura Genesis just got its Heavyweight Tag match.

New Japan Cup: Hirooki Goto def. Katsuyori Shibata

And this years Cup winner... two straight wins in a row... and three total: Hirooki Goto! This is bittersweet for Goto, as he has not once held a singles title and yet has the most New Japan Cup wins and the only one to win it back to back. Unfortunately Goto either faces Kensuke Sasaki or Hiroshi Tanahashi, both men he has struggled to beat. He has beaten them both, but with a losing record against both men... Goto continues to somehow be the underdog who has achieved the most in such a short span. Despite this, Goto has proven to be a main event talent that just can't quite finish his conquest to the very top. Perhaps third times the charm? Lets discuss Sakura Genesis!

Sakura Genesis:

NEVER Openweight: Umaga (c) def. Shingo Takagi

This year the theme for the NEVER Openweight title is "guys you didn't know you wanted to see beat eachother senseless Umaga edition" Umaga almost lost his title in the 4 year at Fighting Spirit Unleashed. So.. naturally this is the match that happens. Of course that doesn't mean Sekimoto or Ishii are done. But for now.. Takagi is, as he prepares for the BOSJ and Umaga continues his year of putting on bangers.

IWGP Joshi: Meiko Satomura (c) def. Etsuko Mita

Another mismatch for Satomura. The older Mita was heavily expected to have an experience advantage, and despite being a fierce competitor to the likes of Megumi Kudo, Manami Toyota, and the like, Satomura used her as an example. Combat Toyoda came out and issued a challenge to Satomura and walked off. (Toyoda is retiring in 3 months, but didnt want to make it a career vs title match but I did want Satomura to beat her so..)

IWGP Intercontinental: Minoru Tanaka (c) def. Paul Wight

Paul Wight is getting a LOT of title shots thanks to the Bullet Club practically destroying NJPW in a day. Unfortunately for the Giant, Tanaka is an excellent competitor who had the relief of knowing every other BC member but Jayson Paul was in action tonight, and Tanaka had the ever reliable and loyal (heh) Gedo to thwart JTG from interfering. Unfortunately though, after the match Mabel would beat down Tanaka and raise the IC title, so Chaos vs BC continues.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag: The Hardy's (c) def. Brazo de Oro Jr. & Brazo de Plata Jr.

CMLL is massively helpful for Junior Heavyweight bouts, and though I have rewarded them quite well in the past, the new team on the block is The Hardy's, and they've looked damn good, outside of Matt's crippling painkiller addiction which I finally talked him out of. The star is Jeff, and always has been, though, who went from 80 to 90 popularity almost instantly. Regardless this title bout was filler at best.

IWGP Heavyweight Tag: The Briscoes def. TCAO (c)

Well, this one was a bit interesting. The Briscoes did indeed beat Samoa Joe and Kenta, but why did Jericho interfere? A face team cheating just moments after Joe and Kenta turned a new leaf almost seems like an intentional plot by the Trios champs. There isn't much to say about this one.. TCAO got their title reign cut massively short thanks to some outside play.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight: Prince Devitt def. Jushin "Thunder" Liger (c)

End of an era, really. Not quite the final showing of the greatest Junior of all time, but it will be his last singles title reign. Liger has done me a massive service by being the easiest fallback plan ever. Booking him, Ultimo, and Hayabusa was just free 99s/100s for practically two decades. With Ultimo and Liger in decline though, and Hayabusa 42 years old... the newer generation is going to need to step up. Thankfully, like the Heavyweight division, I've had a few rising stars ready in Kushida, Devitt, and YAMATO. 

IWGP United States: Edge (c) def. John Cena

Remember how Wyatt was trying to get Cena to become a heel in their WM match? Think of that, but if Wyatt won. This was literally "we're the same kind of scumbag" storyline where Edge was constantly interfering and getting in Cena's way. Cena remained steadfast and true to his word, but the heelish Edge made this match unwinnable. 

IWGP Heavyweight: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) def. Kensuke Sasaki

Kensuke Sasaki has been a dark horse for my favorite guy to book, and I could write paragraphs about the storylines and growth he has had as a character. He is now very much in his New Japan Dad phase, but still isn't in decline despite being 44. Tanahashi would challenge Sasaki after he was beaten by him in the New Japan Cup. A simple feud between two who have nothing but respect for one another. The record between the two is now 4-4, with Sasaki winning the first three and being Tanahashi's biggest and first major rivalry. After the match, though, Devitt and BC would try to upstage Tana's moment but get stopped thanks to Sasaki and Sekigun. Until of course Jericho and The Briscoes would show up as reinforcements for BC and lay Tanahashi and co. down and out. 

Edited by Peria
  • Like 4

On 8/14/2023 at 9:09 PM, Shady Tree said:

WWF WrestleMania XIV - FleetCenter, Boston MA - Att: 18,000 / BR: 10.38

WWF Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin def. Bret Hart(c) - 98
War Games: D-Generation X (Shawn Michaels, Hunter Hearst Helmsley & The New Age Outlaws) def. The nWo (Hollywood Hogan, Randy Savage & The OutsIders) - 77
The Undertaker def. Sting - 89
WWF Intercontinental Championship: The Rock(c) def. Diamond Dallas Page - 97
WWF Tag Team Championship: Hart Foundation (Owen Hart & Brian Pillman def. The Steiner Brothers(c) & The Horsemen (Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko - 83
WWF U.S Heavyweight Championship: Bill Goldberg def. Curt Hennig(c) - 86
Kane def. Mankind - 86
WWF Television Championship: Ken Shamrock def. Taz(c) - 85
WWF Cruiserweight Championship: Ultimo Dragon def. Eddie Guerrero(c) & Rey Mysterio Jr -  93
WrestleMania XIV Invitational Battle Royal Winner: The Giant

Show Rating - 100

No idea what happened with the War Games (probably 1 or 2 injuries being worked through took their toll, plus Outlaws not being as over as the others), but other than that, the show went exactly as I hoped. 

WWF WrestleMania XV - Corestates Spectrum - Att: 18,000 / BR: 6.23

WWF Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin def. The Rock(c) - 89
WWF World Triple Crown Heavyweight Title: Bret Hart def. Goldberg(c) - 98
No Disqualification: Shawn Michaels def. Triple H - 88
Hell In A Cell: The Undertaker def. Randy Savage - 83
WWF Tag Team Titles: The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Rude & Hennig) def. The Outsiders(c), The Steiners & The New Age Outlaws - 84
WWF Intercontinental Title: Ken Shamrock(c) def. Taz - 82
Mankind def. Brian Pillman - 85
WWF United States Heavyweight Title: Owen Hart(c) def. Chris Benoit - 87
Diamond Dallas Page def. Raven - 78
Vacant WWF U.S Tag Team Titles - Ladder Match: Edge & Christian def. The Hardy Boyz - 76
The Giant def. Kane - 71
WWF Television Title: Eddie Guerrero def. Rey Mysterio Jr(c) & Chris Jericho - 87
WrestleMania XV Invitational Battle Royal Winner: Kurt Angle - 79

Show Rating - 96

My EX2010 save is still going on but it is a bit of a grind due to adding an American division and booking RISE (developmental) myself so not much has really happened. In the mean time I did start up a ROH 2005 save and I love this time period for independent wrestling. 

Austin Aries starts as champion in 2005 but I didn't really like him as my champ considering the mod had him as well know. To combat this GenNext set war on AJ Styles ad AJ eventually overcame the numbers disadvantage and won the title at the 3rd anniversary show. AJ then held the bet having successful title defences but there wasn't really a story. This changed when CM Punk defeated him and started the Summer of Punk. It has been similar to the real-life Summer of Punk with his main enemies being a returning Christopher Daniels, James Gibson and Samoa Joe.

In this save Samoa Joe has been the MVP of ROH, he won a best of 7 series against Danielson, kicking him out of ROH and consistently putting on the best ratings. KENTA, Roderick Strong and Ricky Reyes have all also been putting on good matches with KENTA winning the Pure title and Roderick Strong winning Tag Wars and later the Tag Team titles from Ricky Reyes.

The future of ROH looks strong as Tyler Black (19), Jay Lethal and Roderick Strong (22),  KENTA, Claudio Castagnoli and Fergal Devitt (24) are all rising up to World title contention.

• Like 2

The two PPVs in April are done, and now we're heading towards Dontaku and BOSJ! I will go over some major story elements, as we shift into a newer era of NJPW! Bullet Club have rightfully called themselves workhorses, as they've been heavily featured on practically every show, and they've made their intentions clear: to take NJPW over in a way that hasn't been done before. They want every faction gone, anarchy amongst the Japanese talent, and they want to hold every single title in the company! Rapidly gaining popularity, Bullet Club looks to be the biggest threat to NJPW ever. Let's go over the PPVs! Side note: I have no idea why I haven't changed the April schedule of 2 PPVs, I kind of like it and honestly prefer it over the 1 PPV per month. Anyways:

NJPW Battle Formation:

NEVER Open Six Man: Bullet Club (Jericho/Briscoes) (c) def. CHAOS (Gedo/Thorne/Ishii)
Well, Bullet Club continues to hold on, they've been feuding with Sekigun, SkirMish, and CHAOS heavily with GBH and Suzuki-gun have been relatively safe. Though this changed when The Briscoes called out TenKoji but then mocked them stating GBH hasn't been relevant for years and Tenzan is on the shelf.

Special Singles Match: Tetsuya Naito def. Kurt Angle
Kurt had a legendary US title reign, but he is now in decline at 42. His job will be primarily to put over younger future stars, but this one does have a story. Angle mocked Naito during a match citing he has done nothing with his time in NJPW and better stars (Goto/Shibata/Kushida/YAMATO/Doi/BxB etc) have eclipsed him. Naito, still in a desperate phase to prove himself, answered Angle's heckling and thus this match was made. The past few years I've carefully presented Naito (I mean carefully in my own brain, obviously) as almost like a Goto. Choke-artist and underwhelming when given a big spot.

IWGP Joshi: Meiko Satomura (c) def. Combat Toyoda
Toyoda's last NJPW match, as she is retiring. Satomura made quick work of her sadly, and Toyoda had her send off before Bull Nakano's music hit. Nakano doesn't want to wait until Dontaku in May, and challenges Satomura at the UK event later this month.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag: The Hardy's (c) def. Bullet Club (Devitt/JTG)
The Hardy's have been given a wide berth in NJPW since BC's formation. Nobody trusts them, a lot of gaijin are not trusted right now in their factions. But the Hardy's and Cena have proven themselves to not be of their ilk. Another man quickly earning back the trust of his peers is Rey Misterio Jr. who was adamantly preventing interference in this match. The Hardy's did win but Devitt was quick to take a mic and said he only lost because hes focusing on his Junior Heavyweight title, and prepping for the BOSJ. Says he knows two guys that can fix this Hardy problem.

IWGP Intercontinental: Mabel def. Minoru Tanaka (c)
Yeah, this wasn't the plan from the start. Mabel is just too good to not give him the strap as a quick thank you for giving me a free 6 months of fun booking (he is in decline.) Tanaka is in decline at 38 and it breaks my heart because Tanaka has been my favorite guy to book past few years. Tanaka is still super good, and he is at 95% to HoI so I will probably toss him another reign somewhere soon. Fun fact, he was going to win the IWGP Heavyweight in 2013 and he was my #1 pick for the G1 Climax this year (2011) as well. Grrr. 

I'd like to note, I leave most filler matches left unsaid because it isn't super significant at the time of writing!

NJPW Presents: Showdown in the UK!

NEVER Openweight: Umaga (c) def. Pete Dunne
A shock opponent for Umaga appears in Pete Dunne. 18 years old, and getting his debut in a NJPW ring for a title? Not bad. Unfortunately, Umaga is hungry and more focused than he has ever been. Dunne goes down in a hard hitting but quick match, which calls for Sekimoto, the last of the three in Ishii, Takagi, and Sekimoto, whom did not get a one on one match. Takagi almost won the four way, Ishii was the champion before, but Sekimoto, finally gets his shot at Dontaku!

IWGP Heavyweight Tag: The Briscoes (c) def. CHAOS (Ishii & Kevin Thorne)
This MIGHT look like a throwaway match but ohoho, not so fast! Ishii & Thorne defeated The Briscoes in a random match before they joined BC way back in February. Then later on, Jay and Mark called out GBH for being absent during their hostile takeover. Ishii & Thorne in a press discussed their victory over the Briscoes prior to their treachery, and here we have it. Unfortunately while The Briscoes did underestimate the "team" then, when the title was on the line they just lacked the experience and were dispatched without too much effort.

IWGP United States: Paul Wight def. Edge (c)
Kurt Angle had broken Edge's defense record (6) and brought the record to 8. Edge would reclaim the title at Wrestle Kingdom this year and attempt to "set things straight" and start strong by defeating Abyss, and John Cena. Unfortunately, Paul Wight is a giant and also a giant cheater. Even without Bullet Club, it would be a monumental task for Edge to come out as the winner. Now? Well... new champion. Ironic, that Edge's last feud vs. Cena was about trying to bring Cena back down to Edge's nefarious tactics only to suffer an unfair fate by a man much larger, and with a much more chaotic group.

Special Singles Match: John Cena def. Kurt Angle
Kurt Angle's heel run has ended and his retirement tour has begun. Longest reigning US champion now loses to the man who will be carrying that division for a while. There is no real build or story, and this match-up doesn't need one, so there. Hmph. Angle won't lose every single match, just wanted to prepare to push Cena and needed this match for later.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight: Prince Devitt (c) def. Rey Misterio Jr.
A brutal performance, which Devitt mocked Misterio throughout. Misterio was there defending Sekigun members, but here he was entirely alone as Bullet Club picked him apart. While Devitt is known for his more technical high-flyer approach, he was much heavier here showcasing more power than before. After the match, Bullet Club dumped Misterio Jr. out the ring, while Devitt proclaimed the BOSJ tournament will be his.

IWGP Joshi: Meiko Satomura (c) def. Bull Nakano
Satomura getting the co-main event spot within a short timeframe was definitely not to be expected, but thanks to Nakano, this was possible. The story here was Satomura grabbing the microphone and declaring she is tired of fighting the "past." Nakano and Toyoda were greats, but they represented an era of Joshi that was thriving. Satomura wants the present. The ones responsible for causing it to falter.

IWGP Heavyweight: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) def. Hirooki Goto
This is the 3rd time in April that Goto has not been crowned IWGP Heavyweight Champion. His fourth attempt total.  In 2008, Goto would thwart Go Shiozaki and prove he was the rising star of that time. He was defeated in Canada by Tanahashi. In 2009, at Destruction in Tokyo, Shinsuke Nakamura put an end to Goto's uprising and popularity surge from the G1 Climax. In 2010, Goto would be mocked incessantly for failing to get the job done and would lose to The Rock. Now? Tanahashi, a much friendlier face than The Rock, and yet the message delivered all the same. Hirooki Goto lacks the killer instinct. He can win any match, defeat anyone, and he has! He has wins over Tanahashi. But... when it is do or die, Goto just cannot do. 4 losses is enough to break a man, who is on the cusp of greatness, but a 5th loss signals perhaps it is not just a coincidence. Goto's in a very precarious position.

Next up is Best of the Super Junior and Pro-Wrestling Dontaku! I'll reveal the participants in this post for BOSJ just to avoid spamming/posting too rapidly alongside a quick mini-descriptor to give you guys a reason to care about them/their motives.

BOSJ A Block:

Prince Devitt (Bullet Club) (IWGP Jr. Heavyweight) - Devitt has become the number one de facto guy to beat in this tournament thanks to forming Bullet Club.

Ultimo Dragon (Unaffiliated) - His final BOSJ appearance, Ultimo Dragon has the luxury of being in the A Block, where he will have to face rising star and wily veteran alike. Can he defy the odds?

KUSHIDA (Sekigun) - The premier rising star aforementioned. KUSHIDA impressed everyone last BOSJ and even had a rivalry with Liger that ended up seeing him just lose at the last second to face Doi at WK. Still, he hasn't slowed down and improves constantly.

Ricky Gibson (Unaffiliated) - Gibson is a threat no matter what. Ending last years BOSJ at 5-4 shows just how good he can be. Gibson is a darkhorse to win the whole thing.

Shinjiro Otani (GBH) - Great Bash Heel was mocked by BC for losing members to CHAOS and then floundering. Otani has a chance to earn some redemption here as he finds himself in the block as Prince Devitt. Can Otani restore some prestige to a dying GBH?

Sean Maluta (Samoan Dynasty) - The Samoan Dynasty was quietly formed by The Rock in January, and was eclipsed by BC's formation. Umaga has been scouting and Maluta is no stranger to the BOSJ, though he performed subpar (3-6 in 2008) this was years ago. Maluta might not be a favorite going in, but he is in the best block to make a name for himself. 

Shingo Takagi (RED) - Takagi makes his debut in the BOSJ in the A Block, and he isn't the Takagi you might be used to seeing in NJPW, this is still Dragon Gate era Takagi. Regardless, Takagi is still a threat and can make a massive name for himself here.

Matty Hardy (Sekigun) (IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag) - Matt Hardy makes his BOSJ debut at 37, and although he has been a force since debuting back in January, he has always had the stigma of being "Not Jeff Hardy." This tournament is a massive chance to prove he can stand on his own.

CIMA (Unaffiliated) - Cima's had a weak BOSJ last year, only tallying up 6 points total. Luckily for him, he was in a tough block where other athletes such as the Great Sasuke and Jayson Paul, also scored 6 points. With Sasuke retiring, CIMA got to remain a part of the BOSJ, well aware he narrowly dodged a bullet.

Kota Ibushi (Unaffiliated) - Kota Ibushi marks his BOSJ debut, and many see great things in this young man. He took Naito's spot after Naito announced he would be going heavyweight. Because of this, Ibushi has to deal with quite a lot of pressure of the higher-ups.

BOSJ B Block:

Jeff Hardy (Sekigun) (IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag) - Jeff Hardy gets the first spot in the B Block, an instant fan favorite, Jeff Hardy went from relatively unknown in Japan to the #1 pick by most to win the tournament!

Rey Misterio Jr. (Sekigun) - Misterio has been a staple in the BOSJ for a while now. He has always delievered and put on stellar must see matches and is a former winner. Misterio is attempting to achieve vengeance by winning and defeating Devitt at Dontaku.

Jushin Liger (Sekigun) - Liger is in his twilight years, there is no doubt about it. His reign as the Junior Heavyweight ace has gone, but how can someone as iconic as Liger simply lay down and 

Naruki Doi (Unaffiliated) - The previous winner of the BOSJ, Doi also converted and won the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title against none other than Devitt. This is huge for Doi if he can repeat and perhaps bring BC to its knees before it gets further out of control.

SUGI (Unaffiliated) - SUGI is a bit of a wildcard, and has shown he can be an elite Jr. Heavyweight. At just 27 years old, and gaining popularity slowly but surely, this could be SUGI's year.

MAZADA (Suzuki-gun) - MAZADA is a snake, and he is one of the hardest opponents to beat in the BOSJ. Extremely effective with his technical anti-air strategy, the former IWGP Jr. Heavyweight champ has even reached the finals before.

Hayabusa (Sekigun) - The ever radiant Hayabusa continues to march through time with zero issues and showcase a brilliant flourish of aerial perfection. Still, Hayabusa has always sort of lived in Ultimo and Liger's shadow. Perhaps he cares little for BC, but he cares more for becoming the de facto #1 Junior Heavyweight before it is too late.

Pete Dunne (WWC Representative) - All jokes aside, I had no idea I had him WWC. Pete Dunne makes his debut in the BOSJ after a gutsy performance against Umaga. Those who were foolish enough to not study that match is going to be in huge trouble against this rookie.

Jayson Paul (Bullet Club) - Jayson Paul has had both a great BOSJ and a poor one. While many do not wish for him to become a winner in BOSJ... the idea of Bullet Club imploding would be fantastic news for die-hard fans.

YAMATO (Unaffiliated) - Yamato makes his triumphant return after a successful MMA bout. The former champion and perhaps the biggest star in the Jr. division looks to make a massive splash and perhaps conquer Bullet Club.

Thanks for reading! (It is getting difficult as hell to book a 20 man tournament with juniors who can all reasonably win this thing.)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Peria said:

The two PPVs in April are done, and now we're heading towards Dontaku and BOSJ! I will go over some major story elements, as we shift into a newer era of NJPW! Bullet Club have rightfully called themselves workhorses, as they've been heavily featured on practically every show, and they've made their intentions clear: to take NJPW over in a way that hasn't been done before. They want every faction gone, anarchy amongst the Japanese talent, and they want to hold every single title in the company! Rapidly gaining popularity, Bullet Club looks to be the biggest threat to NJPW ever. Let's go over the PPVs! Side note: I have no idea why I haven't changed the April schedule of 2 PPVs, I kind of like it and honestly prefer it over the 1 PPV per month. Anyways:

NJPW Battle Formation:

NEVER Open Six Man: Bullet Club (Jericho/Briscoes) (c) def. CHAOS (Gedo/Thorne/Ishii)
Well, Bullet Club continues to hold on, they've been feuding with Sekigun, SkirMish, and CHAOS heavily with GBH and Suzuki-gun have been relatively safe. Though this changed when The Briscoes called out TenKoji but then mocked them stating GBH hasn't been relevant for years and Tenzan is on the shelf.

Special Singles Match: Tetsuya Naito def. Kurt Angle
Kurt had a legendary US title reign, but he is now in decline at 42. His job will be primarily to put over younger future stars, but this one does have a story. Angle mocked Naito during a match citing he has done nothing with his time in NJPW and better stars (Goto/Shibata/Kushida/YAMATO/Doi/BxB etc) have eclipsed him. Naito, still in a desperate phase to prove himself, answered Angle's heckling and thus this match was made. The past few years I've carefully presented Naito (I mean carefully in my own brain, obviously) as almost like a Goto. Choke-artist and underwhelming when given a big spot.

IWGP Joshi: Meiko Satomura (c) def. Combat Toyoda
Toyoda's last NJPW match, as she is retiring. Satomura made quick work of her sadly, and Toyoda had her send off before Bull Nakano's music hit. Nakano doesn't want to wait until Dontaku in May, and challenges Satomura at the UK event later this month.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag: The Hardy's (c) def. Bullet Club (Devitt/JTG)
The Hardy's have been given a wide berth in NJPW since BC's formation. Nobody trusts them, a lot of gaijin are not trusted right now in their factions. But the Hardy's and Cena have proven themselves to not be of their ilk. Another man quickly earning back the trust of his peers is Rey Misterio Jr. who was adamantly preventing interference in this match. The Hardy's did win but Devitt was quick to take a mic and said he only lost because hes focusing on his Junior Heavyweight title, and prepping for the BOSJ. Says he knows two guys that can fix this Hardy problem.

IWGP Intercontinental: Mabel def. Minoru Tanaka (c)
Yeah, this wasn't the plan from the start. Mabel is just too good to not give him the strap as a quick thank you for giving me a free 6 months of fun booking (he is in decline.) Tanaka is in decline at 38 and it breaks my heart because Tanaka has been my favorite guy to book past few years. Tanaka is still super good, and he is at 95% to HoI so I will probably toss him another reign somewhere soon. Fun fact, he was going to win the IWGP Heavyweight in 2013 and he was my #1 pick for the G1 Climax this year (2011) as well. Grrr. 

I'd like to note, I leave most filler matches left unsaid because it isn't super significant at the time of writing!

NJPW Presents: Showdown in the UK!

NEVER Openweight: Umaga (c) def. Pete Dunne
A shock opponent for Umaga appears in Pete Dunne. 18 years old, and getting his debut in a NJPW ring for a title? Not bad. Unfortunately, Umaga is hungry and more focused than he has ever been. Dunne goes down in a hard hitting but quick match, which calls for Sekimoto, the last of the three in Ishii, Takagi, and Sekimoto, whom did not get a one on one match. Takagi almost won the four way, Ishii was the champion before, but Sekimoto, finally gets his shot at Dontaku!

IWGP Heavyweight Tag: The Briscoes (c) def. CHAOS (Ishii & Kevin Thorne)
This MIGHT look like a throwaway match but ohoho, not so fast! Ishii & Thorne defeated The Briscoes in a random match before they joined BC way back in February. Then later on, Jay and Mark called out GBH for being absent during their hostile takeover. Ishii & Thorne in a press discussed their victory over the Briscoes prior to their treachery, and here we have it. Unfortunately while The Briscoes did underestimate the "team" then, when the title was on the line they just lacked the experience and were dispatched without too much effort.

IWGP United States: Paul Wight def. Edge (c)
Kurt Angle had broken Edge's defense record (6) and brought the record to 8. Edge would reclaim the title at Wrestle Kingdom this year and attempt to "set things straight" and start strong by defeating Abyss, and John Cena. Unfortunately, Paul Wight is a giant and also a giant cheater. Even without Bullet Club, it would be a monumental task for Edge to come out as the winner. Now? Well... new champion. Ironic, that Edge's last feud vs. Cena was about trying to bring Cena back down to Edge's nefarious tactics only to suffer an unfair fate by a man much larger, and with a much more chaotic group.

Special Singles Match: John Cena def. Kurt Angle
Kurt Angle's heel run has ended and his retirement tour has begun. Longest reigning US champion now loses to the man who will be carrying that division for a while. There is no real build or story, and this match-up doesn't need one, so there. Hmph. Angle won't lose every single match, just wanted to prepare to push Cena and needed this match for later.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight: Prince Devitt (c) def. Rey Misterio Jr.
A brutal performance, which Devitt mocked Misterio throughout. Misterio was there defending Sekigun members, but here he was entirely alone as Bullet Club picked him apart. While Devitt is known for his more technical high-flyer approach, he was much heavier here showcasing more power than before. After the match, Bullet Club dumped Misterio Jr. out the ring, while Devitt proclaimed the BOSJ tournament will be his.

IWGP Joshi: Meiko Satomura (c) def. Bull Nakano
Satomura getting the co-main event spot within a short timeframe was definitely not to be expected, but thanks to Nakano, this was possible. The story here was Satomura grabbing the microphone and declaring she is tired of fighting the "past." Nakano and Toyoda were greats, but they represented an era of Joshi that was thriving. Satomura wants the present. The ones responsible for causing it to falter.

IWGP Heavyweight: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) def. Hirooki Goto
This is the 3rd time in April that Goto has not been crowned IWGP Heavyweight Champion. His fourth attempt total.  In 2008, Goto would thwart Go Shiozaki and prove he was the rising star of that time. He was defeated in Canada by Tanahashi. In 2009, at Destruction in Tokyo, Shinsuke Nakamura put an end to Goto's uprising and popularity surge from the G1 Climax. In 2010, Goto would be mocked incessantly for failing to get the job done and would lose to The Rock. Now? Tanahashi, a much friendlier face than The Rock, and yet the message delivered all the same. Hirooki Goto lacks the killer instinct. He can win any match, defeat anyone, and he has! He has wins over Tanahashi. But... when it is do or die, Goto just cannot do. 4 losses is enough to break a man, who is on the cusp of greatness, but a 5th loss signals perhaps it is not just a coincidence. Goto's in a very precarious position.

Next up is Best of the Super Junior and Pro-Wrestling Dontaku! I'll reveal the participants in this post for BOSJ just to avoid spamming/posting too rapidly alongside a quick mini-descriptor to give you guys a reason to care about them/their motives.

BOSJ A Block:

Prince Devitt (Bullet Club) (IWGP Jr. Heavyweight) - Devitt has become the number one de facto guy to beat in this tournament thanks to forming Bullet Club.

Ultimo Dragon (Unaffiliated) - His final BOSJ appearance, Ultimo Dragon has the luxury of being in the A Block, where he will have to face rising star and wily veteran alike. Can he defy the odds?

KUSHIDA (Sekigun) - The premier rising star aforementioned. KUSHIDA impressed everyone last BOSJ and even had a rivalry with Liger that ended up seeing him just lose at the last second to face Doi at WK. Still, he hasn't slowed down and improves constantly.

Ricky Gibson (Unaffiliated) - Gibson is a threat no matter what. Ending last years BOSJ at 5-4 shows just how good he can be. Gibson is a darkhorse to win the whole thing.

Shinjiro Otani (GBH) - Great Bash Heel was mocked by BC for losing members to CHAOS and then floundering. Otani has a chance to earn some redemption here as he finds himself in the block as Prince Devitt. Can Otani restore some prestige to a dying GBH?

Sean Maluta (Samoan Dynasty) - The Samoan Dynasty was quietly formed by The Rock in January, and was eclipsed by BC's formation. Umaga has been scouting and Maluta is no stranger to the BOSJ, though he performed subpar (3-6 in 2008) this was years ago. Maluta might not be a favorite going in, but he is in the best block to make a name for himself. 

Shingo Takagi (RED) - Takagi makes his debut in the BOSJ in the A Block, and he isn't the Takagi you might be used to seeing in NJPW, this is still Dragon Gate era Takagi. Regardless, Takagi is still a threat and can make a massive name for himself here.

Matty Hardy (Sekigun) (IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag) - Matt Hardy makes his BOSJ debut at 37, and although he has been a force since debuting back in January, he has always had the stigma of being "Not Jeff Hardy." This tournament is a massive chance to prove he can stand on his own.

CIMA (Unaffiliated) - Cima's had a weak BOSJ last year, only tallying up 6 points total. Luckily for him, he was in a tough block where other athletes such as the Great Sasuke and Jayson Paul, also scored 6 points. With Sasuke retiring, CIMA got to remain a part of the BOSJ, well aware he narrowly dodged a bullet.

Kota Ibushi (Unaffiliated) - Kota Ibushi marks his BOSJ debut, and many see great things in this young man. He took Naito's spot after Naito announced he would be going heavyweight. Because of this, Ibushi has to deal with quite a lot of pressure of the higher-ups.

BOSJ B Block:

Jeff Hardy (Sekigun) (IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag) - Jeff Hardy gets the first spot in the B Block, an instant fan favorite, Jeff Hardy went from relatively unknown in Japan to the #1 pick by most to win the tournament!

Rey Misterio Jr. (Sekigun) - Misterio has been a staple in the BOSJ for a while now. He has always delievered and put on stellar must see matches and is a former winner. Misterio is attempting to achieve vengeance by winning and defeating Devitt at Dontaku.

Jushin Liger (Sekigun) - Liger is in his twilight years, there is no doubt about it. His reign as the Junior Heavyweight ace has gone, but how can someone as iconic as Liger simply lay down and 

Naruki Doi (Unaffiliated) - The previous winner of the BOSJ, Doi also converted and won the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title against none other than Devitt. This is huge for Doi if he can repeat and perhaps bring BC to its knees before it gets further out of control.

SUGI (Unaffiliated) - SUGI is a bit of a wildcard, and has shown he can be an elite Jr. Heavyweight. At just 27 years old, and gaining popularity slowly but surely, this could be SUGI's year.

MAZADA (Suzuki-gun) - MAZADA is a snake, and he is one of the hardest opponents to beat in the BOSJ. Extremely effective with his technical anti-air strategy, the former IWGP Jr. Heavyweight champ has even reached the finals before.

Hayabusa (Sekigun) - The ever radiant Hayabusa continues to march through time with zero issues and showcase a brilliant flourish of aerial perfection. Still, Hayabusa has always sort of lived in Ultimo and Liger's shadow. Perhaps he cares little for BC, but he cares more for becoming the de facto #1 Junior Heavyweight before it is too late.

Pete Dunne (WWC Representative) - All jokes aside, I had no idea I had him WWC. Pete Dunne makes his debut in the BOSJ after a gutsy performance against Umaga. Those who were foolish enough to not study that match is going to be in huge trouble against this rookie.

Jayson Paul (Bullet Club) - Jayson Paul has had both a great BOSJ and a poor one. While many do not wish for him to become a winner in BOSJ... the idea of Bullet Club imploding would be fantastic news for die-hard fans.

YAMATO (Unaffiliated) - Yamato makes his triumphant return after a successful MMA bout. The former champion and perhaps the biggest star in the Jr. division looks to make a massive splash and perhaps conquer Bullet Club.

Thanks for reading! (It is getting difficult as hell to book a 20 man tournament with juniors who can all reasonably win this thing.)

Excellent read of your dynasty as usual.... I have 2 thoughts on the BOSJ winner 1. Kushida wins the Tournament and is the 'White Knight' for New Japan, well atleast thats the story, ultimately he faulters and Devitt and BC march on until it is time for the actual dethroning. And 2. Devitt wins the whole tournament UNDEFEATED as champion and calls his shot, to truly become the ACE of the division he must finally put a BULLET in the legendary LIGER one last time! Either way i look forward to reading the results as always.

Edited by Money Mac
  • Like 3