What's Going on in Your Game?

This game is really great. I'm playing the CornelVerse.

I started as a new company based in the midwest (4YW). Managed to sign some cheap workers who didn't ask for covering their travel cost. Had a core of approximatly 15 wrestlers and my main title picture was almost exclusively between 4 main wrestlers (Kip Keenan, Too hot, Mercurio Sleep and Joffy Laine).

Right from the start I found a cheap Road agent; The Masked Mauler VI. Together with The Masked Mauler VI I created a new and better show every month. Slowly we crawled out of the obscurity and grew to a small company. The Masked Mauler VI and I applauded each other with the succes of 4YW and we we're scouting new wrestlers to come and join us.

But then... an unexpected betrayal... After the taping of our latest tv-show my friend The Masked Mauler VI drops a bombshell... He has started his own company....also based in the midwest.. a direct competitor against 4YW... I couldn't do anything except fire The Masked Mauler VI at the spot. 4YW will go on and declare war on this new company.. I won't share any piece of the pie in the midwest.

I really like how the game creates stories like this. 

• Like 3

Took a break from my current day WWE save and started a WWF 1996 save. Just finished the Rumble in 97 (Bret won) and building towards Wrestlemania 13 with the following card:

• Main Event: Shawn Michaels (c) vs Bret Hart - World Heavyweight Title
  • Rey Mysterio vs Hunter Hearst Helmsley (c) (with Regal, Finlay, Edge, Christian) - Intercontinental Title
  • The Hart Foundation (c) (Owen Hart & British Bulldog) vs Hardy Boyz vs Sycho Sid & Marc Mero vs Legion of Doom - World Tag Team Titles
  • Hulk Hogan vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
  • The Undertaker vs Mankind
  • Rocky Maivia vs Goldust
  • Ahmed Johnson vs Kane
  • Booker T vs Vader

Planning on all titles changing hands, and Stone Cold going over the Hulkster (who I won in an insane bidding war against WCW. He's on double the wages of the next highest paid wrestler for me!). Tag division was really lacking so I brought in Hardyz and Edge/Christian right away, plus I just signed the LoD, who I'm thinking will win the titles at Mania.

Really enjoy playing with a smaller roster. I managed to buy the American Wrestling Federation who I'm now using as a developmental, where I've placed Adam Pearce, Justin Credible, Charlie Haas, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Chris Harris and James Storm, Dave Batista, Ekmo, Homicide, Shane Helms, Taka Michinoku and Tomohiro Ishii for now, together with their original roster that includes Greg Valentine, Tito Santana, Barry Windham, King Kong Bundy, Honky Tonk Man, Bob Orton Jr... some pretty decent guys to learn from!

The fight with WCW is tough! They are currently ranked #1 in the world, but I'm #1 in the US.

• Like 5

On 4/21/2024 at 1:11 PM, RatedRKO16 said:

I have a whole year to type out here, so I'm going to try to sum it up as quick as possible and post every month to 2 months so the write ups aren't as big.

Started in 1992. I opened AWA back up with Paul Heyman running the show.

AWA SuperClash (Week 4 Jan 1992)

-Bob Backlund def Paul "Mr Wonderful" Orndorff for the AWA Heavyweight

-Vader & Bam Bam Bigelow def Terry Funk & Cactus Jack Foley for the AWA Tag Titles

-Wendi Richter def The Fabulous Moolah to win the AWA Women's

-Butch Reed def Billy Jack Haynes

-Honky Tonk Man def Kevin Von Erich

-The Prototypes (Paul Roma & Shane Douglas) def Bad News Allen & Ice Train

I started that first show and kind of launched from there with AWA Live! as my only TV show, which is basically just squash matches except for the main event, much like the shows in WWF in 1992.

The idea for the promotion was to be a more edgy version of wrestling, but not ECW edgy. Maybe think more Ruthless Aggression era. Solid wrestling, good brawls, and entertaining characters with distinct gimmicks. 

Core Product - Three Ring Circus

Current Product - Classic Balanced

There are 3 things that are different from my bookings than other promotions in 1992: there are more multi man matches - triple threats, elimination matches, etc. I choose "wild brawl" more often than not. And my womens matches are "eye candy" matches. So, it's edgier than the other mainstream promotions at the time.

After my first show, I quickly realized I was over paying for talent and there was a large turnover. 

Stables:

Heyman's Horsemen - This was Paul Heyman's select 4 to carry the promotion and they were introduced as heels. Paul Roma led, Shane Douglas as the future star, Bam Bam Bigelow and Vader both as enforcers. 

-Backlash (Feb 1992), Funk & Foley def Vader & Bam Bam for the Tag Championships. Wendi Richter defended successfully against Bull Nakano.

-March Madness (Mar 1992) (King of the Ring style PPV) - Backlund retains AWA Champioship over Orndorff again. Paul Roma def Jimmy Snuka in the finals of the March Madness tournament and earned himself (at the time) a #1 contenders match. This ends my "stacked" roster as I had to release a bunch of guys after this to stay in business. Shane Douglas, my future franchise player, is stolen from me by WCW. :( 

-AWA Live! (show post March Madness) - Heyman announced that Backlund, Orndorff, Snuka, Vader and others had been release from their contracts. He cuts a promo saying how they were in business for only themselves and holding back the real talent of AWA. He awards the AWA championship to none other than Paul Roma, who won the March Madness tournament.

-AWA Legendary! (Apr 1992) - Paul Roma wins the first triple threat match in AWA defeating Bam Bam (who was only in the match to help Roma) and Cactus Jack Foley

-AWA Night of Champions (May 1992) - In a Legendary! rematch, Roma retains again. American Heroes (Patriot & La Parka), who won the vacated tag titles on AWA Live!, retain against The Headshrinkers (Fatu & Samu). Al Snow wins the first Fatal 4 Way match against Scott Norton, Raven & Finlay for the newly created midcard TV Championship. 

-AWA CAGED (May 1992) - Roma def Greg "The Hammer" to retain the AWA Championship. Bam Bam def Cactus Jack Foley in the first AWA cage match. The newly signed tag team of Buddy Landel & Buddy Rose def Patriot & La Parka for the Tag Championships. The New Heyman's Horsemen are formed with Roma, Bam Bam, Buddy Landel & Buddy Rose. 

-AWA Iconic (July 1992) - Roma retains against Bad News Allen who had announced his retirement in 3 months and wanted a shot at the title. I accidentally had Greg The Hammer & The Killer Bee (Brian B Blair) def Heymans Horsemen on AWA Live! and they retain here.

-AWA Victory! (Aug 1992) - Roma retains against Bad News again. 

-AWA Summer Fever (Sept 1992) - Roma retains in Cactus Jack Foley's first championship match. Bam Bam Bigelow is now the TV Champion and Headshrinkers win the Tag Titles.

-AWA In Your House! (Oct 1992) - Nothing really to note of but this is where I start pushing my own talent. I have taken Brad Reignagans (sp?) and packaged him as Brad "The Suplex Machine" Reigns. Basically a no nonsene Kurt Angle style of wrestler. He defeats Butch Reed who is just hovering around upper midcard. The Killer Bee is also being pushed, with his gimmick being one of a super hero who just gets the crap beat out of him but keeps coming back and usually wins by roll up. Yokozuna has been squashing opponents being built up for the main event. Yoko, Fatu and Samu create the Samoan Swat Team. Harris Brothers, Chris Kanyon and Mike Awesome form a biker gang stable. Jimmy Del Ray debuts going by "Little Brother Jimmy Backlund" essentially getting by as the former AWA Champion Bob Backlund's little brother. I imagine him being what Spike Dudley was to the Dudley Boys, a glorified jobber, but adored by the fans. 

AWA Cyber Saturday (Nov 1992) - All matches are "voted on" by the fans. Loveable Cactus Jack Foley got a rematch against Roma here, but lost. Brad "The Suplex Machine" Reigns lost a TV Title match against Bam Bam. The Headshrinkers retain the Tag Titles against The Hammer & Killer Bee. Yokozuna def Al Snow, his first major opponent and this starts his first story line.

AWA Soul Survivor (Dec 1992) - This is an original PPV in the sense that it is a gimmick PPV for the #1 contender for January's SuperClash (my WrestleMania). But, instead of the Royal Rumble, we have a 6 man elimination match for the #1 contender, dubbed the "Soul Survivor". Paul Roma successfully defended his title against Brad "The Suplex Machine". Bam Bam Bigelow wins the 6 way Soul Survivor Match against Cactus Jack Foley, Al Snow, Yokozuna, Greg The Hammer and The Killer Bee (so you know who I view as my main guys). 

AND FINALLY... THIS BRINGS US TO SUPERCLASH II!! 

-The show starts out with a face turn completed by Bam Bam Bigelow. Paul Heyman calls him out to open the show and says he must vacate the TV Title before he gets to face Paul Roma tonight. Bam Bam says on one condition: no member of the Horsemen can interfere. Heyman agrees. Bam Bam ensures victory much to the delight of the fans and is out of Heyman's Horsemen. 

-Brad The Suplex Machine def Kurrgan by DQ (Kurrgan debuted a couple months prior. All his matches have ended in DQ to keep him strong and have his gimmick be one where he is just a destroyer that doesn't care about the rules.)

- Sabu squashes Little Brother Jimmy Backlund (Sabu debuted a couple months ago and has steadily been putting on great matches for his pop. He is playing a role of a modern Iron Sheik)

- Eddie Guerrero def Yokozuna and La Parka in a triple threat match for the vacant TV Title. This match was set up for Yoko to win but Eddie pins La Parka instead. Eddie is a high flying face. La Parka has turned heel and has been feuding with Eddie. 

- The Harris Brothers defeat The Headshrinkers for the Tag Championships. (Samu got stolen from me by SWS, so I had to get the titles off them)

- The Killer Bee def Greg The Hammer

-Bull Nakano def Wendi Richter to finally dethrown the year long rein for the Womens Championship. (Storyline was boring so I didnt share to this point. Nobody could beat Wendi until it got back around to Nakano getting her 2nd shot.)

- Paul Roma def Bam Bam to retain AWA World Heavyweight. To his word, Heyman has no (current) Horsemen interefere. But, with Samu leaving, Yoko and Fatu align with Heyman to help Roma retain. (This whole build up makes me sad, because the OG idea was for Bam Bam to win and have a nice face run with the title. SWS also steals him on a written contract, so I'm forced to have him lose and push Yoko a little earlier than I wanted as my main monster. Also, this gives the heel the win at the biggest event of the year. Roma's reign of terror continues...)

So, now you're caught up. I'll leave with my current roster/story lines for the new season...

-Cactus Jack Foley, Al Snow and Little Brother Jimmy Backlund have created the "Hardcore Legends" faction and are faces. Along with occassionally Eddie Guerrero (who refuses to join), they will be going up against Heyman's Horsemen.

-Heyman's Horsemen now consists of Paul Roma, Buddy Landel, Yokozuna and Fatu and are heels. Yoko and Fatu are a tag team battling with Cactus Jack Foley & Little Brother Jimmy. Buddy Landel is feuding with Eddie Guerrero over the TV Champioship. And Paul Roma will be feuding with Al Snow for the AWA World Heavyweight.

-James Mitchell created "The Underworld" (heel) which consists of Sabu, Phantom (Gangrel) and La Parka. They are being a plug and play faction, really just causing havoc. Sabu and La Parka will be battling over the TV Title with Eddie and Buddy. 

-Don Harris, Ron Harris, Chris Kanyon and Mike Awesome created "The Renegades" - a face biker faction that went no where the last 6 months. So, I had Kanyon and Awesome turn heel and signed Brian Lee. So now, we have the Harris Brothers & Brian Lee (face) vs Awesome/Kanyon/??? (heel) and am going to have a biker gang war storyline. 

-Al Snow has started one of those odd couple on screen relationships with Wendi Richter. The idea here was to build Snow up to face Bam Bam who was in a relationship with Luna Vachon and do some mixed tag matches. I'm going to have to find someone else to plug in here. 

Leaves a bunch of guys left out:

Tag Teams:

2 Cold Scorpio/Tony Norris (f)

Hunter Hearst Helmsley/Prince Lawler (Brian Lawler) (h)

Raven and The Lucky Charm (Finlay) (h)

Harlem Heat (h)

Other singles:

Brad "The Suplex Machine" Reigns (f)

The Killer Bee (f)

Greg "The Hammer" (h)

Hardcore Holly (f)

Rey Mysterio Jr (f)

Kurrgan (h)

Jakob (Kane) (h)

Ludvig Borga (h)

Michael P.S. Hayes (h), Junkyard Dog (f) and Demolition Ax (f) have been signed to help with roster depth after losing Samu and Bam Bam Bigelow. 

Women's Division:

Wendi Richter (f)

Misty Blue (f)

Ivory (f)

Luna Vachon (h)

Bull Nakano (h)

Reggie Bennett (h)

Leilani Kai (h)

Candi Devine (h)

If you got this far, thanks for reading! Losing Bam Bam Bigelow really messed up my booking plans which I had laid out for the entire year. He was going to successfully defend the title against Roma in a series of matches until Yoko turned on Roma. Heyman was going to have Yoko be his new guy, beat Roma a couple times then dethrown Bam Bam. Plan scrapped.

New plan: DiBiase and Piper are free agents! I figured I could sign them. Planned another year of story lines out. The jist: Piper would debut first to take on Roma. He would lose by intereference of DiBiase. DiBiase is here because he bought into AWA and joins Heyman's Horsemen. He would insert himself into a triple threat  with Roma & Piper and pin Roma and win the title for himself. This would lead to Roma's face turn (as well as Heyman's, possibly). DiBiase would now be champion with Yoko as his body guard. Scribbled in plans, I wanted DiBiase vs Piper at SuperClash III but the title be Cactus Jack finally winning against Yokozuna in an ultimate underdog story. 

Welp, scrap that, too. The moment I tried to sign them both, NJPW gets them. Didn't know about the trigger. So, 3rd times a charm. Don't know what I'm going to do from here but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

Thanks again for reading!!

Well, a lot has happened without even booking an event since this.

I moved up to medium in size and have about 3 mil banked and am making around 200k a month. Right after the size increase. WCW announced they were looking to bolster their roster and went after my champion Paul Roma, my #1 contender Al Snow, Horsemen member Buddy Landel and up and coming star La Parka. I said "eh eh, that ain't gonna happen" and signed all of them but Landel to written contracts. I went and signed other top & future stars to written contracts as well - Yoko, Fatu, Sabu, Cactus Jack, Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero. A certain top WWF superstar may have been outbid and also joined AWA under a written contract, so look for that debut in the coming months. I also edited Bam Bam's SWS contract to come up in a year so I can bid on him instead of waiting 3 years. Decided my story lines were more important than realism and he will hopefully return to the company a year after Yoko's devastating attacks to him. 

So, this is a real turning point with my company. Sink or swim. I'll probably be bleeding money for a few months, but hopefully we get on a better network and can get more money. Otherwise, this will be the beginning of the end they talk about in the dvd. 🤣 

On 4/24/2024 at 1:15 PM, Boerenkool said:

This game is really great. I'm playing the CornelVerse.

I started as a new company based in the midwest (4YW). Managed to sign some cheap workers who didn't ask for covering their travel cost. Had a core of approximatly 15 wrestlers and my main title picture was almost exclusively between 4 main wrestlers (Kip Keenan, Too hot, Mercurio Sleep and Joffy Laine).

Right from the start I found a cheap Road agent; The Masked Mauler VI. Together with The Masked Mauler VI I created a new and better show every month. Slowly we crawled out of the obscurity and grew to a small company. The Masked Mauler VI and I applauded each other with the succes of 4YW and we we're scouting new wrestlers to come and join us.

But then... an unexpected betrayal... After the taping of our latest tv-show my friend The Masked Mauler VI drops a bombshell... He has started his own company....also based in the midwest.. a direct competitor against 4YW... I couldn't do anything except fire The Masked Mauler VI at the spot. 4YW will go on and declare war on this new company.. I won't share any piece of the pie in the midwest.

I really like how the game creates stories like this. 

Wow, so cool! Did you signed Rayne Man also? He should be a free agent in Mid West

On 4/21/2024 at 1:11 PM, RatedRKO16 said:

I have a whole year to type out here, so I'm going to try to sum it up as quick as possible and post every month to 2 months so the write ups aren't as big.

Started in 1992. I opened AWA back up with Paul Heyman running the show.

AWA SuperClash (Week 4 Jan 1992)

-Bob Backlund def Paul "Mr Wonderful" Orndorff for the AWA Heavyweight

-Vader & Bam Bam Bigelow def Terry Funk & Cactus Jack Foley for the AWA Tag Titles

-Wendi Richter def The Fabulous Moolah to win the AWA Women's

-Butch Reed def Billy Jack Haynes

-Honky Tonk Man def Kevin Von Erich

-The Prototypes (Paul Roma & Shane Douglas) def Bad News Allen & Ice Train

I started that first show and kind of launched from there with AWA Live! as my only TV show, which is basically just squash matches except for the main event, much like the shows in WWF in 1992.

The idea for the promotion was to be a more edgy version of wrestling, but not ECW edgy. Maybe think more Ruthless Aggression era. Solid wrestling, good brawls, and entertaining characters with distinct gimmicks. 

Core Product - Three Ring Circus

Current Product - Classic Balanced

There are 3 things that are different from my bookings than other promotions in 1992: there are more multi man matches - triple threats, elimination matches, etc. I choose "wild brawl" more often than not. And my womens matches are "eye candy" matches. So, it's edgier than the other mainstream promotions at the time.

After my first show, I quickly realized I was over paying for talent and there was a large turnover. 

Stables:

Heyman's Horsemen - This was Paul Heyman's select 4 to carry the promotion and they were introduced as heels. Paul Roma led, Shane Douglas as the future star, Bam Bam Bigelow and Vader both as enforcers. 

-Backlash (Feb 1992), Funk & Foley def Vader & Bam Bam for the Tag Championships. Wendi Richter defended successfully against Bull Nakano.

-March Madness (Mar 1992) (King of the Ring style PPV) - Backlund retains AWA Champioship over Orndorff again. Paul Roma def Jimmy Snuka in the finals of the March Madness tournament and earned himself (at the time) a #1 contenders match. This ends my "stacked" roster as I had to release a bunch of guys after this to stay in business. Shane Douglas, my future franchise player, is stolen from me by WCW. :( 

-AWA Live! (show post March Madness) - Heyman announced that Backlund, Orndorff, Snuka, Vader and others had been release from their contracts. He cuts a promo saying how they were in business for only themselves and holding back the real talent of AWA. He awards the AWA championship to none other than Paul Roma, who won the March Madness tournament.

-AWA Legendary! (Apr 1992) - Paul Roma wins the first triple threat match in AWA defeating Bam Bam (who was only in the match to help Roma) and Cactus Jack Foley

-AWA Night of Champions (May 1992) - In a Legendary! rematch, Roma retains again. American Heroes (Patriot & La Parka), who won the vacated tag titles on AWA Live!, retain against The Headshrinkers (Fatu & Samu). Al Snow wins the first Fatal 4 Way match against Scott Norton, Raven & Finlay for the newly created midcard TV Championship. 

-AWA CAGED (May 1992) - Roma def Greg "The Hammer" to retain the AWA Championship. Bam Bam def Cactus Jack Foley in the first AWA cage match. The newly signed tag team of Buddy Landel & Buddy Rose def Patriot & La Parka for the Tag Championships. The New Heyman's Horsemen are formed with Roma, Bam Bam, Buddy Landel & Buddy Rose. 

-AWA Iconic (July 1992) - Roma retains against Bad News Allen who had announced his retirement in 3 months and wanted a shot at the title. I accidentally had Greg The Hammer & The Killer Bee (Brian B Blair) def Heymans Horsemen on AWA Live! and they retain here.

-AWA Victory! (Aug 1992) - Roma retains against Bad News again. 

-AWA Summer Fever (Sept 1992) - Roma retains in Cactus Jack Foley's first championship match. Bam Bam Bigelow is now the TV Champion and Headshrinkers win the Tag Titles.

-AWA In Your House! (Oct 1992) - Nothing really to note of but this is where I start pushing my own talent. I have taken Brad Reignagans (sp?) and packaged him as Brad "The Suplex Machine" Reigns. Basically a no nonsene Kurt Angle style of wrestler. He defeats Butch Reed who is just hovering around upper midcard. The Killer Bee is also being pushed, with his gimmick being one of a super hero who just gets the crap beat out of him but keeps coming back and usually wins by roll up. Yokozuna has been squashing opponents being built up for the main event. Yoko, Fatu and Samu create the Samoan Swat Team. Harris Brothers, Chris Kanyon and Mike Awesome form a biker gang stable. Jimmy Del Ray debuts going by "Little Brother Jimmy Backlund" essentially getting by as the former AWA Champion Bob Backlund's little brother. I imagine him being what Spike Dudley was to the Dudley Boys, a glorified jobber, but adored by the fans. 

AWA Cyber Saturday (Nov 1992) - All matches are "voted on" by the fans. Loveable Cactus Jack Foley got a rematch against Roma here, but lost. Brad "The Suplex Machine" Reigns lost a TV Title match against Bam Bam. The Headshrinkers retain the Tag Titles against The Hammer & Killer Bee. Yokozuna def Al Snow, his first major opponent and this starts his first story line.

AWA Soul Survivor (Dec 1992) - This is an original PPV in the sense that it is a gimmick PPV for the #1 contender for January's SuperClash (my WrestleMania). But, instead of the Royal Rumble, we have a 6 man elimination match for the #1 contender, dubbed the "Soul Survivor". Paul Roma successfully defended his title against Brad "The Suplex Machine". Bam Bam Bigelow wins the 6 way Soul Survivor Match against Cactus Jack Foley, Al Snow, Yokozuna, Greg The Hammer and The Killer Bee (so you know who I view as my main guys). 

AND FINALLY... THIS BRINGS US TO SUPERCLASH II!! 

-The show starts out with a face turn completed by Bam Bam Bigelow. Paul Heyman calls him out to open the show and says he must vacate the TV Title before he gets to face Paul Roma tonight. Bam Bam says on one condition: no member of the Horsemen can interfere. Heyman agrees. Bam Bam ensures victory much to the delight of the fans and is out of Heyman's Horsemen. 

-Brad The Suplex Machine def Kurrgan by DQ (Kurrgan debuted a couple months prior. All his matches have ended in DQ to keep him strong and have his gimmick be one where he is just a destroyer that doesn't care about the rules.)

- Sabu squashes Little Brother Jimmy Backlund (Sabu debuted a couple months ago and has steadily been putting on great matches for his pop. He is playing a role of a modern Iron Sheik)

- Eddie Guerrero def Yokozuna and La Parka in a triple threat match for the vacant TV Title. This match was set up for Yoko to win but Eddie pins La Parka instead. Eddie is a high flying face. La Parka has turned heel and has been feuding with Eddie. 

- The Harris Brothers defeat The Headshrinkers for the Tag Championships. (Samu got stolen from me by SWS, so I had to get the titles off them)

- The Killer Bee def Greg The Hammer

-Bull Nakano def Wendi Richter to finally dethrown the year long rein for the Womens Championship. (Storyline was boring so I didnt share to this point. Nobody could beat Wendi until it got back around to Nakano getting her 2nd shot.)

- Paul Roma def Bam Bam to retain AWA World Heavyweight. To his word, Heyman has no (current) Horsemen interefere. But, with Samu leaving, Yoko and Fatu align with Heyman to help Roma retain. (This whole build up makes me sad, because the OG idea was for Bam Bam to win and have a nice face run with the title. SWS also steals him on a written contract, so I'm forced to have him lose and push Yoko a little earlier than I wanted as my main monster. Also, this gives the heel the win at the biggest event of the year. Roma's reign of terror continues...)

So, now you're caught up. I'll leave with my current roster/story lines for the new season...

-Cactus Jack Foley, Al Snow and Little Brother Jimmy Backlund have created the "Hardcore Legends" faction and are faces. Along with occassionally Eddie Guerrero (who refuses to join), they will be going up against Heyman's Horsemen.

-Heyman's Horsemen now consists of Paul Roma, Buddy Landel, Yokozuna and Fatu and are heels. Yoko and Fatu are a tag team battling with Cactus Jack Foley & Little Brother Jimmy. Buddy Landel is feuding with Eddie Guerrero over the TV Champioship. And Paul Roma will be feuding with Al Snow for the AWA World Heavyweight.

-James Mitchell created "The Underworld" (heel) which consists of Sabu, Phantom (Gangrel) and La Parka. They are being a plug and play faction, really just causing havoc. Sabu and La Parka will be battling over the TV Title with Eddie and Buddy. 

-Don Harris, Ron Harris, Chris Kanyon and Mike Awesome created "The Renegades" - a face biker faction that went no where the last 6 months. So, I had Kanyon and Awesome turn heel and signed Brian Lee. So now, we have the Harris Brothers & Brian Lee (face) vs Awesome/Kanyon/??? (heel) and am going to have a biker gang war storyline. 

-Al Snow has started one of those odd couple on screen relationships with Wendi Richter. The idea here was to build Snow up to face Bam Bam who was in a relationship with Luna Vachon and do some mixed tag matches. I'm going to have to find someone else to plug in here. 

Leaves a bunch of guys left out:

Tag Teams:

2 Cold Scorpio/Tony Norris (f)

Hunter Hearst Helmsley/Prince Lawler (Brian Lawler) (h)

Raven and The Lucky Charm (Finlay) (h)

Harlem Heat (h)

Other singles:

Brad "The Suplex Machine" Reigns (f)

The Killer Bee (f)

Greg "The Hammer" (h)

Hardcore Holly (f)

Rey Mysterio Jr (f)

Kurrgan (h)

Jakob (Kane) (h)

Ludvig Borga (h)

Michael P.S. Hayes (h), Junkyard Dog (f) and Demolition Ax (f) have been signed to help with roster depth after losing Samu and Bam Bam Bigelow. 

Women's Division:

Wendi Richter (f)

Misty Blue (f)

Ivory (f)

Luna Vachon (h)

Bull Nakano (h)

Reggie Bennett (h)

Leilani Kai (h)

Candi Devine (h)

If you got this far, thanks for reading! Losing Bam Bam Bigelow really messed up my booking plans which I had laid out for the entire year. He was going to successfully defend the title against Roma in a series of matches until Yoko turned on Roma. Heyman was going to have Yoko be his new guy, beat Roma a couple times then dethrown Bam Bam. Plan scrapped.

New plan: DiBiase and Piper are free agents! I figured I could sign them. Planned another year of story lines out. The jist: Piper would debut first to take on Roma. He would lose by intereference of DiBiase. DiBiase is here because he bought into AWA and joins Heyman's Horsemen. He would insert himself into a triple threat  with Roma & Piper and pin Roma and win the title for himself. This would lead to Roma's face turn (as well as Heyman's, possibly). DiBiase would now be champion with Yoko as his body guard. Scribbled in plans, I wanted DiBiase vs Piper at SuperClash III but the title be Cactus Jack finally winning against Yokozuna in an ultimate underdog story. 

Welp, scrap that, too. The moment I tried to sign them both, NJPW gets them. Didn't know about the trigger. So, 3rd times a charm. Don't know what I'm going to do from here but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

Thanks again for reading!!

AWA Backlash (Feb 1993)

AWA Heavyweight - Paul Roma (c) def Brad "The Suplex Machine" Reigns

TV - Eddie Guerrero (c) def Greg "The Hammer" (Yoko post match attack on Eddie)

Underworld (Sabu & Phantom) def Hardcore Legends (Cactus Jack & Little Brother Jimmy)

Womens Heavyweight - Bull Nakano (c) def Wendi Richter

Al Snow def La Parka

Tag Heavyweight - New Samoan Swat (Yoko & Fatu) (c) def Harris Brothers (Ron & Don Harris) and Bruise Brothers (Mike Awesome & Chris Kanyon)

AWA March Madness (Mar 1993)

AWA Heavyewight - Paul Roma (c) def Cactus Jack Foley (Yoko & Fatu interfere)

March Madness Opening Round:

Al Snow def Phantom

Sabu def Brad "The Suplex Machine" Reigns (Kurrgan interfered)

Eddie Guerrero def Yokozuna by DQ

La Parka def The Killer Bee (Greg "The Hammer" interfered)

March Madness Semi Finals
Al Snow def Sabu

La Parka def Eddie Guerrero

March Madness Final

Al Snow def La Parka and earns a title shot at Legendary (Apr PPV)

AWA Legendary (Apr 1993)

AWA Heavyweight - Al Snow def Paul Roma (c) by DQ (no title change)

Last Man Standing - The Killer Bee def Greg "The Hammer" (post match, Sabu destroys The Killer Bee)

Cactus Jack Foley def Fatu

TV Heavyweight - Yokozuna def Eddie Guerrero (c) (Yoko continues the attack after the match with 3 drops from the top rope, kayfabe injuring Eddie)

Kurrgan & Brad "The Suplex Machine" Reigns go to a time limit draw

Raven & The Bruise Brothers (Awesome/Kanyon) def Ax & The Harris Bros (Don & Ron Harris)

Womens Heavyweight - Ivory def Bull Nakano (c) (during the match, Richter trips Nakano allowing Ivory the rollup victory)

Los Dioses De Lucha Libre (Tito Santana & Rey Mysterio Jr) def Royal Ones (Hunter Hearst Helmsley & Prince Lawler)

NOTES:
Tito Santana is a new signing. He is here to replace Dave Finlay who was signed elsewhere. Finlay was a road agent and Tito also fills this void. There are 3 more guys ready to show up within the next month that should make these upcoming shows a little more interesting. 

• Like 1

I have reached 1987 in my CV77 game and just completed my tenth anniversary show which garnered a full 100 rating with no add-ons used! This is the most proud of have been of any TEW save and I hope you enjoy my write up of the show.

LWF Anniversary X (100) in front of 102,000 fans in the Great Lakes (11.57 TV Rating)

(Pre-Show) Alice Fitz won a 20 Woman Battle Royal (65)
(Pre-Show) Motoichi Arakida won a 25 Man Battle Royal (77)

Both battle royals are only here so that nobody complains about being left off the show, and the numbers are made up with members of the development roster (including Arakida).

Xenos Papadopoulos defeated Wild Man Sullivan (82)

This is just a classic declining physical ability de-push, Sullivan can no longer go in the ring so I put a development worker over him, and after the show he was released as he is not up to snuff to be a road agent sadly.

Red Army (Reona Deguchi, Sachiko Morita and Yuzuka Oyama) defeated Ann Baker, Kalehiwa and Ninja Asuka (Spirit of Vengeance) (81)

Sadako Red's Red Army has expanded in the past few years and looks set to be a major part of the LWF women's division for many years to come. Here they are going over the newest members of the roster that are going to be pushed in the coming months (they have all just improved to a good enough level at our performance centre). 

Meriam Hatem defeated Debbie Walsh, Genevieve Acklin, Lin Seo Kim and Zhi-Gong Ling (81)

These five women were feuding over the past year as they are all the sole representatives of their nationalities within LWF at the moment. Hatem was pushing at Well Known when this started while the other four were all Unimportant. They have now all been raised out of the bottom of the card and shall be parts of more interesting feuds going forward.

Panther Tanimoto defeated Tasuku Nandaba (86)

Another time decline de-push here, although it is slightly tied into the storyline involving all the other Japanese male wrestlers in the company having a free-for-all after the stables of Cool Japan, Strong Japan and Cruel Japan all fell apart last year. Nandaba will be staying with LWF as a Road Agent once his perception is down to Recognisable.

The Flying Angels defeated Red Devil Machines, Black Magic II (Candace Williams and Sheila Longstar) and Red Army V (Sadako Red and Ripper Takano) to retain the LWF Women's Tag Team titles (92)

Team Angel (The Flying Angels, Inoue Chiaki and Kumiko Hasegawa) and Red Army have been feuding on and off for many years. Now they are both looking for new recruits, with the teams of Black Magic II and the Red Devil Machines both being primary candidates. This match was The Flying Angels fifteenth(!) defence of their titles, and ended the storyline with both Magic and the Machines being left as their own groups separate from the two factions.

China (Lady) Kitozaki defeated Melissa Monroe and Sakurako Kagawa (93)

Intended to be a feud to catapult Kitozaki up the card quickly before her advancing age caught up with her this sadly fell by the wayside as her pop cap is too small to even reach Star in LWF. But these three women will be solid members of the midcard for now and can consistently have good matches.

Bishima & Shinigami (Gnasher Udo) defeated Kenji Fukamura and Mitsuo Kato to retain the LWF Men's Tag Team titles (91)

Bishima and Shinigami have become the tag team representatives of Nero's Disciples (also including Professor Nero and Mephisto) and recently regained the titles for a third time. They defend here against a loose Japanese pairing as many of our best tag teams have recently been split up or had members released. 

Kazuo Mitsushi defeated Dead Silence (82)

The final time decline de-push as Dead Silence has finally reached that age, unfortunate too as he had a good tag team going with El Payaso (named Slapstick)

Jennifer Patrick defeated Anne Stardust and Samira (The) White (95)

This was intended to be the crowning of Stardust as the new number one contender for the Women's World title but unfortunately her pop cap is only 83 for the moment. Thus I just let these women have great matches for the preceding year.

Limb Snappers (Fred Jenkins, Lester McGuire and Mikel de Sota) defeated Don Hunt, Matthew McAllister and Mike Barstow for the LWF Men's Trios titles (100)

A very weird one here as I have absolutely NO idea why this reached 100. All six of these men are members of the Limb-Snappers stable (also involving two other men we shall reach later) but McAllister has just hit time decline so I had to get the title off him and remove him from the group. Ideally the champions should be Hunt, McGuire and Barstow so I shall do some finagling to get that right depending on who the stable's next feud is.

Ryusei Kanai defeated Oyori Kawajiri, Kyoshiro Kanashi, Yodo Nakane, Yoshinaka Toshusai and Yasunari Koga (99)

The six premier Japanese male wrestlers in LWF all going at it in a winner-take-all battle (I now realise this would have been the perfect match to crown an inaugural LWF Men's Intercontinental champion oops). Kanai has always been the best of this bunch but his pop cap keeps him at Star perception when I feel he should be a Major Star (I think because of his lacklustre primary skills outside of his excellent puroresu).

Kumiko Hasegawa defeated Inoue Chiaki to retain the LWF Women's World title (95)

A friendly competition here between two stable mates. Hasegawa is one of only two Major Star women in LWF who seem set to trade the Women's World title back and forth for a long time (or until I can find another woman with a pop cap high enough to take it off them!)

Yumi Yoshikuni defeated Heidi Brooks and Ashley Amazon (99)

The other Major Star is of course Yumi Yoshikuni, who is undoubtedly the final boss of the LWF women's division. She will probably regain the title from Hasegawa in the coming months. Brooks and Amazon are loosely aligned as the Badass Blondes but require a third member (probably Barbie once she increases her skills enough at our performance centre) before I want to make them a major part of programming.

Carlos Arroyo and Dusty Streets defeated Vertigo II (Red Falcon and El Huracán (Huracán Sandoval)) (100)

Another 100 I was surprised by as Arroyo's match ratings are extremely lacklustre (only 84 in this match compared to 96 for Streets). This is part of an extremely even feud that was ongoing between the Bad Boy Crew (Arroyo, Streets, Robbie Gordon and Richie Pangrazzio Jr, managed by Rip Chord) and Outer Space (Falcon, Huracán, Elemental and Quasar, managed by Extraordinario). 

Angus McCloud defeated El Payaso (99)
Chief Two Eagles defeated Mephisto (99)

A couple of throwaway matches to get these men on the card. I'm considering turning Payaso heel and joining him up with Nero's Disciples and a tag match here would have been a great tease but unfortunately McCloud and the Chief have negative chem when tagging. 

Elemental and Quasar defeated Richie Pangrazzio Jr and Robbie Gordon (99)

The finale of the feud between Bad Boy Crew and Outer Space. I bought out BHOTWG in April 1982 and have been rinsing Elemental ever since despite his low psych cap (only 75). Unfortunately in this match it was discovered that Quasar, one of our most reliable stars, has finally hit time decline, so the reins of Outer Space will be handed over to Elemental now.

Luis Montero defeated Jean-Pierre Baptiste and Ray Kingman (100)

At the start of the year Luis Montero was set upon by the Limb Snappers (Kingman and Baptiste are the two further members of the group I mentioned earlier) after winning the Men's World title. A series of fantastic matches ensued, including 100 rated matches between Montero and Jenkins, Montero and Kingman AND Montero and Baptiste. This finale was set up to be a fantastic match and it did NOT disappoint. Montero will be in and around the title scene in the coming months.

George DeColt defeated Professor Nero (99)

George DeColt was the latest victim of Nero's Disciples, but here he has truly overcome them once and for all. DeColt will also be moving into the World title picture as both he AND Montero have 100 pop across the US. 

Sam Strong defeated Micky Starr for the LWF Men's World title (100)

Micky Starr turned on Sam Strong at LWF Anniversary IX, being jealous of Strong's rapid rise to the top of LWF. Originally Strong was a part of Starr's Team Lionheart but now they are sworn enemies. This is Strong's first major world title in ANY promotion and it seems as though it certainly won't be the first. I am so so glad this got a 100 rating as this makes me feel that I'm being true to canon in some way by having these two have a potential match of the year.

The only five wrestlers I have yet to get hold of that I wish I could have on my roster are Dan Stone, Pat Deacon, Preston Holt, Sadaharu Jimbo and Yoshifusa Maeda but all of these are either tied up with ownership/booking duties or loyalties in other companies. I am still holding out hope for more of the women's roster being able to reach Major Star status but I think this won't happen with any of our current main roster workers.

• Like 3

On 4/26/2024 at 9:37 AM, Wrestling Machine said:

Wow, so cool! Did you signed Rayne Man also? He should be a free agent in Mid West

No, haven't signed him. In my game he works from a different region.. Focused mainly on Mid West wrestlers and those who didn't ask for their travel expenses being covered.

Made a splash investment with bringing in the free agent One Man Army as a heel. He's on a pretty expensive handshake deal, but he puts in great matches so I use him solely in my Monthy event and not on my small one-hour a week tv-show (taped on 2 seperate occassions).

Been really pleased with the progress of my company. Been putting out solid shows between the 50 and 60 ratings while working with mostly cheap talent. I slowly trying to develop some talent. James Diaz is developing in a nice heel wrestler. Despite his young age (20) already held the belt for a very short time. He's been putting in 50+ match ratings on a constant basis. Another nice prospect is Dreadnought. Also a very young and promising heel wrestler. Will attempt to push him in a joined storyline as a partner to One Man Army. To set this up I hired Dreadnoughts father Dread as a manager to assist.

I really like how the gameworld progresses and how other companies try to pry away my personnel. Had a great female color announcer in Sarah Taylor who got hired from underneath me to a bigger company. That's a great aspect. Will start to look into signing some of my talent to exclusive contracts in the near future.

• Like 3

On 4/21/2024 at 12:49 PM, thisisobc said:

NJPW 1992-1995

Wrestlekingdom III

New Japan Rambo- Won by Kensuke Sasaki 

If they weren’t on the rest of the card, they were put in here. Sasaki was the biggest name, so the Rambo starts off with a bang, Terry Gordy, Hiroshi Hase & SWS World Champion Gary Albright were the final 4 

Sasaki will get a Championship shot at the Anniversary Show 

The Titans (Kokina Maximus & Nelson Knight) def. Full Force (Dan Kroffat & Billy Black) 

Upset at seemingly missing out on a Wrestlekingdom payday (As the Rambo hadn’t been announced yet) The Titans issues an open challenge on the final TV of 1994. Which was answered by former SWS Tag Team champions Dan Kroffat and Billy Black making their NJPW debut. But the rookies didn’t have enough to put the massive men down... plus they’re currently negotiating with both us and AJPW and I don’t know which way they’re gonna go yet but I already had them planned to answer this spot 

Main Show 

Dan Severn def. Vader 

A farewell match for Vader whose WCW contract has now become exclusive, and as he has loyalty there was no chance for us. So, I put him up against the man who has been a thorn in his side throughout the entire save, eliminating him from 2 consecutive New Japan cups plus beating him in a G1. But as he is leaving the three time IWGP Heavyweight champion says farewell to the company that served him well. I hope to get him back at some point but I don’t think it will happen 

The Headhunters def. The Takano Brothers 

The Takano Brothers are also leaving as part of my rebuilding of the Tag Team division, they were kicked out of Shinryaku-Gun by Tenryu who was then userped by Koji Kitao, and part of the rebuild for the faction were the Headhunters, which led to this match as the Takano’s face who technically are their factional replacement. The Hunters pick up the win as the Takano’s are leaving there is a higher ceiling for The Headhunters 

Team NJPW (Riki Choshu, Shinya Hashimoto & Tatsumi Fujinami) vs Team AJPW (Stan Hansen, Mitsuhara Misawa & Kenta Kobashi)  

Is there an Irony that two of the All-Japan team are exclusive with NJPW, yes but this felt like the perfect culmination of the Stan Hansen excursion story we’ve had since the G1. We didn’t have anything for Misawa and Kobashi which I do think was probably a mistake, but the main event scene is very crowded now. Makes me think it might be time to bring in the Intercontinental Championship soon. The NJPW team picked up the win because eventually the host need to beat the invasion force. This match also showed how much Choshu has fallen due to time decline. Everyone in this match got in the 90s for ratings.... Choshu got a 55. I might retire him at the Anniversary Show 

Koji Kitao def. Genichiro Tenryu 

The former leader of Shinryaku-Gun versus the new leader, Kitao felt the faction had moved away from what made them such a formidable force in the first place. So, Kitao took out the aging Tenryu and bought in The Headhunters, David Finlay and Galaxy (Damian 666) another wave of invading forces from SWS. Kitao beats Tenryu here as an attempt to try and legitimize him as a main event talent, Tenryu however still isn’t declining and is putting on some of the best ratings in the entire company, so he is staying in the main event despite this loss 

Loser Goes On Excursion- Glenn Jacobs def. Steve Williams 

The Miracle Violence Connection faction has been decimated by WCW. Steve Williams has also been signed by the American Company so I may have retconned what Jacobs’ speech was at the end of the tag league. The 3-time IWGP Tag Team Champion is leaving, and I don’t think we will ever get him back. So, Jacobs and Gordy are now all that is left of MVC. So much for building that tag division. 

Jushin Thunder Liger and Dean Malenko go to a 30 Minute Draw 

Two of the best juniors that aren’t in the title match, was billed as a number one contender's match but with a draw that will lead to complications. Malenko in an odd twist was seconded by Chris Benoit rather than his brother which was seemingly a forced decision by Dan Severn in an attempt to get the two of them to work together. This Malenko and Benoit storyline has been my biggest slow build story of the entire save. 

IWGP Tag Team Championship- The Holy Demon Army def. Death Riders (TenKoji) (C) 

Taue and Kawada are the tag team champions, the overall arch of Kawada coming in and taking over the Demon’s Triad and founding the Army is starting to reach its second chapter, as the Army is now completely assimilated into the NJPW roster. Despite Death Riders being Heel against Mutoh in the main event they are still face in this feud as The Army believe that they along with Seiki-Gun represent everything wrong with Puro, Strong Style. King’s Road picks up the victory here and Kawada becomes a 2-time tag team champion. 

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship- El Samurai def. Shoichi Hattori (C) 

The rookie reign of Hattori is over, and El Samurai has finally won the IWGP Junior Championship and stepped out of the massive shadow cast by his tag team partner Jushin Thunder Liger, until after the match Liger comes out to challenge Samurai for his title despite not winning the contenders match earlier. Reluctuntly Samurai accepts, and it is official for the Anniversary Show. 

IWGP U-30 Openweight Championship- Steven Regal (C) def. Minoru Suzuki 

Regal makes the eleventh defense of the Openweight Championship beating Minoru Suzuki who picked up a pinfall victory against the British Wizard at the Tag League finals. Regal has made the TV show his own with frequent defenses against all comers from 19yr old Rey Misterio Jr from CMLL to main event stars like Shinya Hashimoto. Regal still has 3 years in the U-30 division and the NJPW management need to consider, who could possibly beat Regal 

IWGP Heavyweight Championship- Masahiro Chono def. Keiji Mutoh (C) 

365 days after winning the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and a 7 defenses later Keiji Mutoh has lost the title in the same building he won it in, and Masahiro Chono is the second of the three musketeers to hold the main title. Chono has consistently been my most over talent and was supposed to win this title back at Dontaku, but an injury postponed that and lead to Chono’s 3rd G1 Climax victory after his big heel turn, showing the bad ass Chono from the 90s that we all know and love to hate. 

• Like 2