What's Going on in Your Game?

On 7/14/2023 at 9:02 PM, MaiTyLer said:

I've never played with 21CW since I always see them as a national promotion, but bringing in Gino, Zippy, Brooke, & My girl Kate Lilly (hope Debbie's getting a payday) is truly based, are you trying to expand into the world as well or just hanging out in the British Isles?

At the minute, I am just based in the British Isles but after World War 14, I might try to go on a US tour. Haven't decided yet

My longest save at the minute was the Ruthless Aggression save I began in 2004. I am currently in April 2015, here is the full results of WrestleMania 31

PAC defeats El Generico (c), Josh Alexander, Zack Sabre Jr, Davey Boy Smith Jr, Tyson Kidd, and Shelton Benjamin in a Ladder match to win the WWE Intercontinental Championship

Chris Hero wins the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal

The Wyatt Family (Harper and Rowan) (c) defeat Los Guerreros to retain the WWE Raw Tag Team Championships

Kevin Steen defeats CM Punk

Jonathan Gresham (c) defeats Apollo to retain the WWE United States Championship

Jun Kasai defeats Hideo Itami (c), Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, The BKS and Pentagon Jr in an Elimination match to become the last ever WWE Cruiserweight Champion

Bayley defeats LuFisto (c) to win the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship

Edge and Christian (c) defeat The Usos in a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match to retain the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships

Dakota Kai defeats Serena Deeb (c) to win the WWE RAW Women's Championship

Steve Corino defeats Brock Lesnar

Io Shirai wins the Women's WrestleMania Battle Royal for the second year in a row

AJ Styles defeats Charlie Haas (c) to win the WWE Universal Championship

Adam Cole defeats AJ Styles (c) to win the WWE Universal Championship (This was Cole's Money in the Bank Cash-In)

Daffney defeats Candice LeRae in a Career Threatening match (Only Daffney's career was under threat)

Wyatt defeats Samoa Joe (c), Kenny Omega and Randy Orton in a Fatal Four Way match to win the WWE Championship due to interference from a "White Rabbit"

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PaperMachete said:

Played about a year with WWE, starting with the latest RWC update. Currently Titanic and going through some roster cuts to trim the fat. Just bought Gatoh Move as a child company, rebranded as NXT Japan. Sent Nakamura and Ibushi there to try and help them grow, while currently in negotiations with Minoru Suzuki.

Coming up on SummerSlam where the main event matches will be Sami Zayn vs Gunther (who have excellent chemistry) for the WHC title, Cody Rhodes vs Kevin Owens for the Universal, and The Rock vs Roman Reigns in what I'll use my first "once in a lifetime" note on.

Don't know if anyone is interested in this but this is my current roster with their USA pop in () as of week 4 August, 2024.

RAW Males, Faces: Drew McIntyre (87), Sami Zayn (78), Sheamus (78), Jey Uso (78), Montez Ford (78), AJ Styles (74), Tyler Bate (73), Jimmy Uso (73), Johnny Gargano (73), Tommaso Ciampa (71), Angelo Dawkins (70), Bobby Lashley (66), Apollo Crews (64), Bandido (63), Dexter Lumis (60), Elias (58), Dolph Ziggler (49), Eddie Edwards (46)

RAW Males, Heels: Gunther (86), Bron Breakker (86), Randy Orton (84), Bray Wyatt (77), Seth Rollins (75), Pete Dunne (74), Ludwig Kaiser (74), Austin Theory (74), Giovanni Vinci (69), Bo Dallas (68), Eddie Kingston (68), The Miz (64), Bronson Reed (64), Samoa Joe (63), Cameron Grimes (62), Joe Gacy (60), Karrion Kross (60), Dijak (55), Ortiz (54), Santana (54), James Drake (50), Omos (50), Zack Gibson (50), Timothy Thatcher (39), Kit Wilson (39), Heath Slater (37), Elton Prince (36)

RAW Females, Faces: Becky Lynch (86), Bianca Belair (82), Toni Storm (77), Candice LeRae (70), Indi Hartwell (68), Liv Morgan (68), Nikki Cross (58), Bayley (60), Dakota Kai (55)

RAW Female Heels: Charlotte Flair (83), Giulia (81), Alexa Bliss (65), Raquel Rodriguez (60), Tiffany Stratton (58), Naomi (57), Mandy Rose (53), Billie Kay (53), Gigi Dolin (50), Peyton Royce (49), Jacy Jayne (45), Piper Niven (41)

Smackdown Males, Faces: Cody Rhodes (91), Big E (85), Ilja Dragunov (79), Rey Mysterio (79), Xavier Woods (79), Kofi Kingston (73), Keith Lee (72), Otis (68), Chad Gable (66), Ricochet (66), Dragon Lee (65), Akira Tozawa (60), Cedric Alexander (58), Wes Lee (56), Shelton Benjamin (55), Robert Roode (47)

Smackdown Males, Heels: Roman Reigns (96), MJF (90), Grayson Waller (81), LA Knight (81), Carmelo Hayes (79), Nick Jackson (78), Solo Sikoa (75), Kevin Owens (77), Damian Priest (73), Finn Bálor (73), Domink Mysterio (70), Matt Jackson (66), Mustafa Ali (66), Neville (65), Baron Corbin (61), Angel Garza (60), Santos Escobar (55), Humberto Carillo (55), Alexander Hammerstone (46), Zack Ryder (45), Curt Hawkins (45)

Smackdown Females, Faces: Io Shirai (83), Asuka (78), Tegan Nox (73), Kairi Sane (65), Shotzi Blackheart (57), Kris Statlander (56), Beth Phoenix (51), Natalya (47), Mickie James (42)

Smackdown Females, Heels: Sasha Banks (80), Zelina Vega (64), Maki Itoh (55), Mercedes Martinez (52), Sonya Deville (50), Carmella (47), Isla Dawn (47), Shayna Baszler (43), Chelsea Green (43), Mia Yim (41)

Unbranded: The Rock (93), Brock Lesnar (89), John Cena (83), Edge (81). All of them used as special attractions and none are currently on TV. Rhea Ripley (90) and Alba Fyre (58) are also unbranded as they are the current Women's Tag Team Champions and feature on both shows to take on the female tag teams.

Currently working my way towards Extreme Rules in Week 2 of October where the biggest thing I've got planned so far is for Giulia to take the RAW Women's Title of Becky Lynch when a debuting Britt Baker interferes and attacks Becky. Also planning to build up Bayley who have gotten the short end of the stick a few times now.

I've stolen quite a bit from AEW but I've tried to keep it to a few select I really want (Britt Baker for example), people who were in WWE and got let go, plus MJF who I feel WWE will make a large push for IRL as well (not saying that he will jump ship). Was going to leave the Young Bucks but AEW didn't offer a contract to Matt, so I felt that if that would happen IRL Nick would leave too. Kenny Omegas contract is up in three months, we'll see if I go after him. Really wanted Hangman Page as well but couldn't bare myself to steal another one of their top guys.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2023 at 12:53 PM, MaiTyLer said:

Started a save in the Effganic: Genesis 1920 start date, with the goal of creating the first ever women's wrestling empire, Ladies' Wrestling Promotions, and see how far I can last. I had to wait till about December 1927 before i had a shot of getting any talent, so I opened then and did one year so far. I'm not familiar with wrestling that old IRL, so I function the product on "The Carnival Days" mostly focusing on match quality with a little bit of the old showman ship, I made my UC (Technically the first ever women's wrestler) the inaugural World Champ (I will RP getting to name my title World title, who's gonna stop me?) and the matches have been serviceable enough considering we're all green, but I've got acouple In Canon characters to work with. I run major events on holidays, and then have a couple events around the year touring in major cities, making it to 7, might raise it with some lower tier events. Lastly money wise, we're doing pretty good, and as the save rolls into 1929, surely nothing could go wrong with the great economy we're in right? Nothing is going to stop the roaring twenties!

I redid the save by making a new database, still using the Effganic but also importing lots of stuff from the Cverse 77 mod to flesh out that idea, I still run the Carnival Days product, but a bad economic roll at the start meant that had to cut some events leading to 9 major events and 2 touring dates in the midwest (based in Chicago). My UC (Rose Donovan) was world champ for the first two years 1928-1929, losing it new years eve of that year to Gabriela Suarez, the best worker in the company right now. She can have a good match with anyone and I plan to use that to my advantage and make her the top of the card for atleast several years into the new decade. Growth while slow has been steady, but we recently had Veronica Luther (one of my top draws btw) open Chicago Style Wrestling, my own home star in my own home state, not sure if I will ever forgive this blight but RPing aside i'm looking to see how the new decade will effect us. I also just got tag team titles since some have good chemistry, so they'll be the changing titles for a bit.

Across the world the biggest company is and always was Southern Pro Wrestling, they have a "TV show" so they're really hitting their stride, and Daniel Loiselle is right now one of the best to ever do it, so they have good money and good action, while Viva La Lucha sits behind them in Mexico not too far behind.

LWP (Ladies' Wrestling Promotions) Titles, Annual Year Awards, & Notable Deaths

Ladies' World Wrestling Championship: Rose Donovan x1 (Sun Week 4 Jan, 1928 to Sun Week 4 Dec 1929), Gabriela Suarez x1 (Sun Week 4 Dec 1929 to Current)

Ladies' Tag Team Championships: The Castaways (Page Gagné & Sara Izenberg) x1 (Sun Week 4 Dec 1929 to Current)

ANNUAL YEAR AWARDS:

WRESTLER OF THE YEAR: Daniel Loiselle x3 (1927, 1928, 1929)

YOUNG WRESTLER OF THE YEAR: El Espiritu X3 (1921, 1922, 1923) Cystidui Zuniga x1 (1924) Felipe Centeno x1 (1925) Brendon Latham x1 (1926) Corey Edmonds x2 (1927, 1928) JT Wendt x1 (1929)

VETERAN WRESTLER OF THE YEAR: Saita Kuroki x5 (1922, 1923, 1924, 1926, 1927) Friedrich Herzog x2 (1928, 1929)

FEMALE WRESTLER OF THE YEAR: Gabriela Suarez x2 (1928, 1929)

INDEPENDENT WRESTLER OF THE YEAR: Daniel Loiselle x7 (1920, 1923, 1924, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1929), Anthony Henry x1 (1921), El Espiritu x1 (1922), Friedrich Herzog x1 (1928)

COMPANY OF THE YEAR: SPW x7 (1921, 1922, 1923, 1925, 1927, 1928, 1929) VLL x2 (1924, 1926)

MOST IMPROVED COMPANY OF THE YEAR: SPW x4 (1920, 1921, 1922, 1923) VLL x2 (1924, 1925) All Out Wrestling x1 (1926) Queensland Wrestling x1 (1927) LWP x1 (1928) Quebec Championship Wrestling x1 (1929)

NOTABLE DEATHS:
Frank Norris @ 62 (May 1923, Natural Causes)

Levi Andrews @ 43 (July 1923, Rabid Badger Bite)

Edited by MaiTyLer

On 7/10/2023 at 5:52 PM, Shady Tree said:

WWF WrestleMania IX - Caesars Palace, Las Vegas NV - Att: 16,891 / BR: 5.70

WWF Championship: Bret Hart def. Ted Dibiase(c) - 98
Rick Rude def. Randy Savage - 87
WWF Intercontinental Championship: Shawn Michaels(c) def. Ricky Steamboat - 99
Loser Leaves The WWF: Curt Hennig def. Ric Flair - 99
WWF United States Championship - Strap Match: Big Van Vader def. Sting(c) - 91
WWF Tag Team Championship - 2/3 Falls: The Hollywood Blonds(c) def. The Steiner Brothers -  84
The Undertaker def. The Great Muta - 83
WWF Television Championship: Arn Anderson def. Tatanka(c) - 82
The Midnight Express def. The Quebecers - 85
WrestleMania IX Invitational Battle Royal Winner: Diesel - 80

Show Rating - 100

WWF 1985 - Now in March 1996....

WWF WrestleMania XII - Arrowhead Pond, Anaheim CA - Att: 19,400 / BR: 8.70

WWF Championship: Bret Hart def. Shawn Michaels(c) - 100
War Games - Losing Team must disband: The IV Horsemen (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko) def. The Dangerous Alliance (Rick Rude, Curt Hennig, Steve Ausitn & Brian Pillman) - 98
WWF Intercontinental Championship: Randy Savage def. Ricky Steamboat(c) - 98
Sting def. The Giant - 85
WWF Tag Team Championship: The Legion Of Doom def. Owen Hart & The Great Muta(c) - 86
The Undertaker def. Taz - 81
WWF Television Championship: Diamond Dallas Page(c) def. Eddie Guerrero - 82
Rey Mysterio Jr def. The 123 Kid - 82
WrestleMania XII Invitational Battle Royal Winner: Hunter Hearst Helmsley - 80

Show Rating - 100

Edited by Shady Tree
  • Like 2

World Class Championship Wrestling - January 1997 to January 2002

I'm not gonna lie, writing out January 97-January 02 has led to this being the happiest I've ever been with these little recaps. It's a small thing, but reaching a milestone like five full in-game years is something I didn't think I'd really ever commit to doing with how often I went through saves over the few editions of TEW. The fact that it's led to such a storied history with callbacks, moments and plenty of future to look forward to is even sweeter whenever I think about it, especially with how motivated I am to keep things going in this save past this point. Normally I give a snippet of my favorite stories going on, but I think with January featuring World Class' season finale that it's fitting to give the whole event some detail from the opening match to the end.

The Parade of Champions VI

-LIVE from Dust Bowl Fields in the Mid South region, with an attendance of 47, 971-

Damian Carvill wins the 30-Man Stampy Invitational Battle Royal

The Stampy is probably the simplest match on the card that exists purely as a way to get as many guys on the card as possible and has been a staple of the Parade since our first edition in '97. Normally the winner is usually an upper midcarder who doesn't have a feud, someone who can win the match and use the resulting momentum for a match with the champion. This year however, the brand split has led to a lot less space than usual, so for the first time ever there's fully fledged main event stars in the mix of 30-men, all competing for a chance at adding to their legacies and gaining a guaranteed World title shot. After much deliberation, Damian Carvill (The Natural) is this year's winner to add another reason for his always on-going self-hype. Whether or not it results in him becoming World Champion for a second time however...well that remains to be seen.

Crusher Ichihara (c) defeats Eileen Everheart to retain the WCCW World Women's Championship

Despite the troubles I've had fitting the Women's Division into my roster, I felt obligated to give the champ a proper match and feud leading into the Parade. It just so happens that the match is between two of the best women's wrestlers in the world, though admittedly Eileen (my own created character made to fill the void of female talent in the 97 C-Verse) is still pretty young and developing. The feud between these two has been about Eileen stopping Crusher from throwing her weight around and bullying some of the less experienced roster members. Her actions led to both women getting a victory over the other (Crusher in a previous title match & Eileen in a non-title wager), with the Parade serving as a tiebreaker in a 2-3 Falls match that sees Crusher continuing to live up to her name.

Miyuki Miharu wins a 20-Woman Battle Royal

So this match was made purely to act as an introduction to several new talents being added to our evolving women's division just before they become their own separate brand. I explained more about this in the Post Your Champs thread, but the short of it is that I'm using the early TNA weekly PPV model to present the women's division as their own brand FEMME (Fierce Evolution of Mat Mistress/Maiden Empowerment). As a result, Crusher's title will be renamed the FEMME World Championship and her first official challenge under that name will be tonight's winner and her perpetual rival, Miyuki Miharu.

The Rebellion (c) defeated The Hooligans to retain the WCCW Intercontinental Tag Team Championships

The Rebellion are on a roll in the Shockwave tag team division, creating a legacy with the ICTT titles that just might see them establish a record for the longest title reign by a tag team...again. Unfortunately for them, the local lovable weirdos in the Hooligans (Benjamin Moore & Roy Stephens) are determined as hell to follow their idol's (Freddie Datsun) footsteps and become champions themselves! The Parade sees the Hooligans get knocked down, but no good delinquent redneck ever stays down for long, especially when they make for a damn fun feud character wise.

Colossus (c) defeats Randall Hopkirk to retain the WCCW United States Championship

It's big meaty men slapping meat time here in World Class, and these two are the perfect combination to use the Wild Brawl match aim on whenever they're in a ring together. The story of the bout is mostly about Hopkirk wanting to cap off his career with some sort of gold, but Colossus is a force of nature on his own and refuses to back down to the wicked roadie. It's a brutal, wild match with plenty of close calls for DQs and count-outs, but Colossus stomps on as champ at the Parade.

Jack Griffith defeats Mordekaiser in a Falls Count Anywhere match

This is one of the only non-title matches on the card, and honestly it's just a setup for Griffith to challenge the Intercontinental Champion and keep his momentum (and mouth) running. Meanwhile, Mordekaiser is a face painted, heavy metal obsessed Reece Clark that's basically just my version of the Ultimate Warrior (who needs Jim Force?), and his utterly insane personality means that a loss like this is something he can bounce back from by simply steamrolling some jobbers & locals and cutting insanely fun & plainly insane promos until his next storyline.

Captain Classic (c) defeats Troy Tornado to retain the WCCW Intercontinental Championship

At 44 years old, the Captain is my oldest active competitor, but you wouldn't know it from the scores he keeps pulling and the fact that he's still improving in several areas at once without a hint of time decline aside from his physical health. He's the Masked Avatar given a new face & name, and unashamedly he's always been a feature in every single one of my games because I love the character of a battle crazed, true grit havin', old maniac in a mask. This match is a bit of a favor to him, as he defends his title in an awesome match against his rapidly improving protege on the biggest show of the year.

Rock & Rage (c) defeat Team Toronto in a Ladder match to retain the WCCW United States Tag Team Championships

Out of all the matches to have changed between my first concepts of the PoC 6 and the event itself, this bout saw the most differences. Originally, it was going to be my very young, American duo of Archangel & Valiant (True Heart) winning the title from the dastardly Canadians in a Flag match over the then named CANADIAN Tag Team titles, but when a throwaway defense against Rock & Rage (Tom Gilmore & Johnny Stones) scored significantly higher than one with True Heart, I realized I could have the best tag team title match to date on the Parade if I planned it right. Unfortunately, in my eagerness I jumped the gun and crowned R&R as champions in December and looking back at it...it really didn't make sense for a Canadian & British pair to rename the belts back to the US Tag Titles...but...at least I was right and got an amazing score in their finale on this show!

Eric Tyler defeats Edgar Frey

Another one of the very few non-title matches on the card, but this one had plenty of hype as a special inter-promotional match between the Ignition & Shockwave brand sending their very best to battle with Tyler & Frey respectively. I've gushed enough about Tyler in these posts, so I'll save mentioning just how awesome he is to have in World Class and just explain who Edgar Frey is. For starters, Edgar is a Piledriver School of Wrestling graduate who just happened to debut with an amazing combo of psychology and entertainment stats. For a while, I kept him as a bodyguard to Joel Kovach to help out his mediocre everything else, but when he developed faster than expected I had no choice but to pull the trigger on a solo run. Since then, he's developed into a major star and even looks primed to become my future figurehead, but unfortunately for him, this story dictates that his first fight with the Traditionalist leads to a hard-fought, but heartbreaking loss on the biggest show of the year.

Freddie Datsun (c) defeats Louis Figo Manico to retain the WCCW World Heavyweight Championship

The original heroes of World Class collide in a first (and possibly last) time encounter that will finally answer a five year old question, who is the better man? Both men have reached the same heights and overcame the same enemies over the years, but at the Parade something has to finally give between two men who have made legacies out of fighting with heart, grit and legendary spirit. Similar to other Face vs Face feuds, there's not been a lot of bad blood between these two in their build up, mainly competitive fire that keeps getting stroked by outsiders, friends and rivals with their own observations & opinions. On one hand, Datsun's health is in question due to his grueling schedule and the string of vicious opponents he's faced, on the other, Louis is only just recovering from what has been an awful series of events dating back to 2000 where he lost his first World title reign to Raymond Diaz, followed by being harassed by an obsessive John Anderson to the subsequent fallout between himself & former best friend Shawn Gonzalez.

Due to this mutual pressure, both Datsun & Manico spent the buildup defending and keeping up their respect for one another, but as the weeks go by it's clear that good sportsmanship is not going to prevent their match from being a fight for the ages as a brawl breaks out between them on the go-home show after Louis takes his sweet time handing Datsun the World title after a match against their biggest rivals. The match itself sees the best showing from both men as they each put in a performance grade of 96 & 98 respectively, though the grade doesn't really reflect that due to various penalties. Regardless, they were the best match of the night and helped put the Parade of Champions VI as my third best show ever on my Top 100's list and served as a fantastic swan song for a soon to be departing Louis. I know how good he is in the 97 mod, he's been great for five years, but with his body starting to decline after years of constant double duty between World Class and his own UCR promotion, it's time to let the Pain from Spain return home and wind out his career as a hometown hero.

But before he can do that, there's still one more score to settle...🐺

• Like 2

On 7/29/2023 at 1:41 PM, chm39 said:

Well I just noticed all of my male NBTs and Hot Prospects are either Amazing Heels or 100% Heels. That is going to be a problem.

I think they can develop the ability to be good at both and being amazing as heel doesn't prevent people from being able to be good as faces.

• Sad 1

1992-2010 NJPW, Wrestle Kingdom 17! 

I will skip over the pre-show matches, as none of them have any significance or any relevance to future plans, most just involved young lions and guys with nothing going into WK. Happens.

New Japan RAMBO (10 man battle royale) - Yoshi-Tatsu eliminated Tetsuya Naito & Go Shiozaki (both finalists) to win the New Japan RAMBO, Dave Finlay eliminated the most. Yoshi-Tatsu will get a title shot at the NEVER Openweight title. Naito is still a junior and very much irrelevant here in case anyone is curious but is on the NBT list! Go... is for now, stuck at 80 popularity. Hoping that changes.

NEVER Openweight Trios: The New Headshrinkers (Alofa, Afa Jr, Yokozuna) (c) def. Masato Yakushiji, Takao Omori, KUSHIDA - It's a filler match, and one that will always be filler, until I guess I decide for it to not be filler, what more to say? Masato Yaksuhiji is likely getting released/sent back to developmental, Takao Omori is aging, but I want to give him some sort of run, and KUSHIDA is actually a "Next Big Thing" so, all is working accordingly.

Special Singles: KENTA def. Kenta Kobashi - Kenta Kobashi's final singles match was vs. KENTA, rightfully so. There isn't much else to the story. After the match Kobashi disbanded the Holy Demon Army, the longest running stable in NJPW (1998!) and wished Akiyama and Ultimo Dragon good luck. Kobashi will have his final NJPW match at Orange Crush.

NEVER Openweight: Kevin Thorne def. Randy Orton (c) - Randy has desperately eclipsed this title, he is now at 89 popularity and Thorne just joined CHAOS and needs momentum, easy enough. simple enough story, nothing fancy on the undercard okay?

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag: The Hitmarker (Devitt / JTG) def. OverCraze (MAZADA & Hooligan) (c) - The new team of Hitmarker were an overnight success, snatching the titles quickly in early 2009 against OverCraze, unfortunately, in a three way tag match also involving Gedo & Jado, OverCraze would recapture the titles all the way back at Dontaku of 2009. A half a year later, the two teams finally meet after Hitmarker managed to defeat Gedo & Jado at Power Struggle to earn their rematch (can you tell I need to rebuild the Jr tag division just based on this alone?) regardless, big plans for Devitt obviously, and he is at a decent spot at 86 popularity cap for now. 

IWGP Intercontinental: Umaga (c) def. Osamu Nishmura - A rematch that Nishmura fumbled at Power Struggle in November. A slight upset, as Nishmura was finally hitting his stride. Umaga threw him off his gameplan and brutalized him and continued to do so at Wrestle Kingdom. Osamu continues to age, and this setback perhaps calls for a more drastic change in scenery... 

IWGP United States Heavyweight: Kurt Angle def. John Cena (c) - This one is also simple, but intentionally so. Cena is still his jerkwad heel self, and Angle is Mr. America basically. Angle had been in WCW for the past 6 years and finally returned to reclaim the title he won by vacated due to leaving for WCW in the first place. This starts Cena's face turn slowly, and will give Angle a good "retirement" run (he isn't in decline, but I wanted to give him the title before he was, as he is 41) Cena would defeat The Rock actually to win this title, and before that the Rock defeated Steve Austin, the title has been basically a #1 title all throughout 2009. 

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team: Minnesota Stretching Crew (c) def. TenKoji - I had to pivot and give TenKoji the Tag League win after Rhino unfortunately tore his achilles. The result is still the same, though. I am also all for making TenKoji the GOAT tag team in NJPW too, since only really Kojima could reasonably win the Heavyweight title. 

IWGP World Joshi - Misae Genki def. Megumi Kudo (c) - Both older women, in a world where talented women are extremely rare. Not even saying that to raise eyebrows, it's just the hand the game is dealing me, sadly. Though I guess you could argue it is semi realistic. Genki will get a short reign after Kudo held the title for her 3rd time for the entire year. JWP is actually my developmental and that is where Joshi really takes place, this is for all intents and purposes very much like the real life counterpart.

Loser Leaves NJPW: The Rock def. Steve Austin - Austin is declining and actually signed with WWE, so... perfect time to give these guys their final match. It's the Rock vs Stone Cold, what more do you want here? Damn it!

IWGP Junior Heavyweight: Shinjiro Otani def. YAMATO (c) - YAMATO represents the new blood in NJPW's junior division alongside Naruki Doi, CIMA, BxB Hulk, and... well basically Dragon Gate, I guess. YAMATO had an absolutely terrible start to 2009's BOSJ tournament, going 0-5. His first win? Against the legendary Ultimo Dragon, suddenly YAMATO snapped and won his last 4, and earned himself a title shot against Hayabusa, who he defeated, and since then YAMATO looked unbeatable challenging every JHW legend in NJPW, including Liger. He omitted the 3x JHW Champ and 2003 BOSJ Winner Otani though, as he didn't consider Otani a legend but more of a "right time, right place" talent. This would be the ever growing arrogant YAMATO's downfall, as Otani would defeat him here. YAMATO will be doing an MMA match after this where he is 2-1 actually.

Hashimoto's Final Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi def. Shinya Hashimoto - Shinya Hashimoto is a legendary talent, and the last of three musketeers. He had a remarkable promo at the end of Wrestle Kingdom 13, four years ago, declaring the "old guard" isn't going anywhere, this promo, that embodied the stoic NJPW fighting spirit would perhaps be a curse placed onto the very old guard he was fighting for. That same year, Chono announced his retirement. The year after that, Kobashi would lose what would end up being his final chance at the Heavyweight title at Wrestle Kingdom 14 to Tanahashi. At WK 15, Hashimoto would be Mutoh's final singles match. WK 16... both Kobashi and Hashimoto are in their final matches. This marks Tanahashi's first time since WK 13, as well, where he is not in the main event!

IWGP Heavyweight Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) def. Naomichi Marufuji - Perhaps a story re-told, this time with Nakamura being the one to stand tall, as last year, he too, challenged for the IWGP Heavyweight title against his rival Tanahashi at WK and lost. Marufuji had done the same, mirrored Nakamura, winning the G1 and earning his spot, clamoring that now with the old guard falling a new era has began, and it won't be dominated by just 3 people (Shibata, Nakamura, Tanahashi.) Perhaps a harrowing realization for Marufuji as he failed to make good on his promise. Unable to defeat the CHAOS leader Nakamura, who continues his dominance into the year 2010.

Edited by Peria
  • Like 9

tZdkTJ4.jpg

WRESTLING INTERNATIONAL NEW GENERATIONS ~ W*ING (1992)

What is W*ING you may ask? Huh, sit down kids. Have you ever wanted to see a hardcore wrestling show like FMW or ECW mixed with horror movie villains? W*ING has your back. Not gonna do a full history lesson here but, long story short, W*ING was a hardcore promotion where, like in the already mentioned FMW and ECW, many good wrestlers had their homes over the short span of two years of W*ING's existence. I got inspired by the great saves of @Peria & now @Dalton with the awesome 1992 mod made by @Fleisch. Let's dive into the first year of the danger zone.

MAIN STORY
Our main story was simple as it gets: The "homegrown" W*INGS babyface army, which includes Mitsuhiro Matsunaga, Mr. Pogo, Ryo Miyake, Yukihiro Kanemura (aka Kintaro Kanemura) and Mitsuteru Tokuda, had their issues with the Serial Killers group. Basically all movie monster mashed together to seriously hurt the babyface hardcore guys. The feud began with the very first tour in February (we've had a standalone event in January before) when Jason The Terrible and Leatherface had beaten Mr. Pogo & Tokuda and Jason began to cut Tokudas forehead after the match. "Mr. Danger" Matsunaga wanted a piece of them but instead he got caught by a hit accidentally and was out for a couple of weeks, so the first big match was delayed until March at Baptism By Fire where Matsunaga beat Leatherface in the first Fire Death Match. In May it was Matsunaga yet again who buried Freddie Krueger in the first ever Casket Match, who dissappeared after that. In July Matsunaga was on the hunt again, this time his personal feud with Leatherface was ended when he defeated him in a Bed Of Nails Death Match. The next big match was held in September when Freddie Krueger came back and teamed up with Jason to beat Matsunaga and Mr. Pogo in a Moonlight Darkness Death Match. Just a month later Freddie and Jason won the then vacant W*ING World Tag titles by beating Yukihiro Kanemura & Ryo Miyake in a Caribbean Barbed Wire Death Match, just a match prior a trio of heels hung up Matsunaga on the balcony of Korakuen Hall, it seemed like a disaster for W*ING. 

After beating the Serial Killers in a 4 versus 4 Bunkhouse Death Match, Ryo Miyake and Mitsuhiro Matsunaga challenged for the Tag titles which were defended a match prior. On the last show of the year called Blood X'Mas the W*ING army got their revenge when Matsunaga put Jason to sleep and Miyake and him won the tag titles. Freddie attacked Jason after the match which lead to some cracks in the heel faction and Jason de facto got bumped out of it. Krueger then cost Eddie Gilbert his W*ING World title a match later to start something new. However there was even more to come... I have to mention that the Serial Killers and the babyface group nearly faced off in every of our 68 shows we've booked in 1992, so there was always something happen. I just mentioned the very big stuff above, there were also some WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Titlematches (a title who was shared between W*ING and the Puerto Rican CSP promotion) when Kanemura was the champ.

SERIAL KILLERS INFORMATION
When you've got a big heelish group full of masked wrestler it's interesting to track who these people are. The first months we've had the original Leatherface (Corporal Kirchner), Jason The Terrible (Rafel Rodriguez), Crypt Keeper (Jose Estrada Jr.) and Freddie Krueger (Tough Tom aka former WWF wrestler Tom Bennett). After the casket match Tough Tom left the Freddie gimmick behind and created the Texas Hangman Strangler gimmick and joined the faction as the Strangler. In July the original Leatherface left W*ING and joined Tenryu's SWS and was replaced with the pretty unknown Sean Royal as the new Leatherface. A month later the Boogie Man was introduced and joined the faction, the gimmick is played by the young Mad Man Pondo at the moment. The legendary Giant Kamala joined the group in June but left in September and turned face.

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
When I started there were no titles yet so I did three tournaments, the first one was in April for the tag straps. In the finals of the tournament The Headhunters met Matsunaga and Kanemura and won the titles to become the inaugral champions. The dangerous dou dominated the tag team division from the scratch, defended the titles five times in a row against the likes of Eddie & Doug Gilbert, The Pitbulls, Gedo & Jado, Dick Murdoch & Crusher Takahashi and The Terminators (Crusher The Terminator aka Bill DeMott & The Terminator aka Marc Laurinatis) before they needed to vacate it due to the bad injury of Headhunter A. He will miss 18 months of action so a new champion team was crowned in October like I mentioned above: Jason & Freddie Krueger. They defend the title once against former stablemate Kamala and Headhunter B before losing the strap to Matsunaga and Miyake in December.

WORLD JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Just a month after the tag tourney, the Jr. tourney started with eight participants from all over the world. In the finals we saw young Eddie Guerrero lose to El Texano from Mexico who became the inaugral champ. The Cowboy defended the title against young talent, who'll conquer the wrestling world a few years later in real life: Jerry Lynn, Dr. Wagner Jr., Gedo, Solar & Psicosis. He finally lost the title in October, surprisingly against his own tag partner Silver King. The latter made fun of the japanese juniors, who were clearly outnumbered in the company, too young and green and not that good like the mexicans. Super Delfin emerged but also lost to the King but in December it was Great Sasuke who captured the title and rescued the honor of Japan. I need to mention that Silver King won the yearly award as the best young wrestler of 1992!

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
A company without a heavyweight champ is not a company right? In August the W*ING fans witnessed the end of Matsunaga's hope to become the first champ when Leatherface attacked him in his first round match against Jason and cost him the title. Matsunaga went on to get his revenge against the chainsaw maniac (mentioned above) and a "King Of Philly" appeared and beat Jason in the finals to become the inaugral holder of the title. Eddie Gilbert "lost" his brother in that very fight when the Killers put Doug into a bodybag but Eddie was happy to be a champ. He moved on to beat Kamala, the legendary Jimmy Snuka and Tom Prichard but eventually lost the championship in December against Miguel Perez Jr. due to an interference of Freddie Krueger.

GUEST STARS
Someone said in an interview before "when Terry Funk appears at your wrestling show, lace his boots for your company that means your company will be recognize as a professional wrestling company". Good for us! We've hired the legendary Funkster for the very first show of 1992 called "Cornered By Enemies". Funk teamed up with Mr. Pogo to take on Matsunaga and Tokuda in a hardcore match and they won the match. The Funkster came back to W*ING at Blood X'Mas where he lost a No Ropes Barbed Wire Match in the main event against the aformentioned Mr. Pogo.

The man from Amarillo wasn't the only big star who appeared in W*ING. "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka walked out of the WWF and wrestled three times for us. He lost in a Barbed Wire Bat Match against Mr. Pogo in April, came back in September to beat Dick Murdoch but lost the World titlematch against Eddie Gilbert in October.

There were some other new "signings" I did but there were no bigger names like those two I mentioned above.

1993?
What can we expect of the upcoming year? Jason may be ejected from the Serial Killers group by Freddie Krueger and speaking of Freddie why did he cost Eddie Gilbert his World title? In the "MAIN STORY" part I teased something happening in the last sentence and yes it seemed like that Mr. Pogo wasn't happy with something in the W*ING army. The legend himself didn't teamed with the hardcore babyface group for the last eight weeks and just appeared for the big tv-shows at Korakuen. Let's see what will happen!

Edited by CGN91
  • Like 5

image.jpeg

ALL JAPAN PRO WRESTLING - 1993

Second year down. Nothing too out of the ordinary went down in '93, which should be the last year before things start heating up quite a bit, and where I can start to deviate a bit from IRL happenings. A couple faction splits and major upsets are planned for 1994, so most of 1993 was spent getting some talent over and ready to take the spotlight that will be thrust on them.

TRIPLE CROWN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:

Stan Hansen entered 1993 as the reigning Triple Crown champion. He started the year with a defense over Terry Gordy on the final night of the New Year Giant Series. He wouldn't defend the title again until July, where he would lose the title to Mitsuhara Misawa, giving the next Ace of the company his first Triple Crown title win. Misawa avenges his loss from the 1992 Champion Carnival final in the best title match in this save thus far. Misawa's first defense was over the insurmountable mountain of Jumbo Tsuruta, a match made after Jumbo & Akira Taue defeated Misawa & Kenta Kobashi to win the World Tag Team titles the month prior. Heading into 1994, the title feud is Misawa vs. Akira Taue, who aims to prove his worth to Jumbo by defeating the rising megastar of Misawa.

AJPW UNIFIED WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS:

Mitsuhara Misawa & Toshiaki Kawada won the titles by winning the Real World Tag League to close out 1992. Their first defense was over Johnny Ace & Johnny Smith in February, and then scored a victory over the Can-Am Express in June. Their title reign ended two months later, with Jumbo Tsuruta & Akira Taue beating the Super Generation Army duo in the previously-mentioned match that led to Jumbo's Triple Crown title match versus Misawa. Jumbo & Taue followed up their title win with a defense over the Miracle Violence Connection team of Steve Williams & Terry Gordy, but were unable to regain the titles after vacating them heading into the 1993 Real World Tag League, a tournament won by Williams & Gordy with their finals victory over Misawa & Kawada.

AJPW WORLD JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:

Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, who spent 1992 rising up the ranks from Super Generation Army fall guy to a notable member of the AJPW roster, was unable to continue his momentum heading into 1993. He lost the junior title to Dean Malenko in January, who continued to hold the title for the rest of the year. The junior title has newfound respect under Malenko, who has publicly stated that he wishes to defend the title more often than previous champions, while also bringing new respect to the belt. After an easy defense over Satoru Asako at the Champion Carnival final in April, he defeated his brother Joe Malenko in a great match during the Summer Action Series tour. He followed that up with a defense over Richard Slinger in October, and then closed out the year by defeating Tsuyoshi Kikuchi in the challenger's attempt at regaining the title. Malenko's reign has seen the belt's prestige rise, as the bouts are often just as good as the heavyweight battles between the likes of Jumbo, Hansen, Misawa, and the rest.

ALL ASIA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS:

The Can-Am Express team of Dan Kroffat and Doug Furnas (who are quickly gaining massive momentum, with fans pining for the two to be in higher-profile matches) kicked off 1993 with a title defense over Joel Deaton & The Eagle. However, just one month later, they lost the titles to Kenta Kobashi & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi in a stellar match. Kobashi & Kikcuhi then held on to the titles for the remainder of 1993, with wins over Masanobu Fuchi & Yoshinari Ogawa and Gedo & Jado (more on them later). At the final show of 1993, Kroffat & Furnas renewed their feud with the champions, and a rematch has been booked for a Nippon Budokan show as part of the New Year Giant Series in January 1994.

OTHER NOTES:

Some more AJPW regulars left in 1993. The first was longtime roster memberand 52 year old Motoshi Okuma. Dan Spivey, the biggest name to leave this year, departed in February after signing a lucrative exclusive contract with World Championship Wrestling. Chris Youngblood & Mark Youngblood, collectively known as the Renegade Warriors, left in the summer, followed by Abdullah the Butcher departing, for perhaps the final time, in November. The 53 year old simply can't hang with the current crop of AJPW talent.

1993 also saw three new talent join the AJPW roster: two from outside the company and one dojo graduate. Gedo & Jado, a junior heavyweight tag team who have been lighting up the indie scene in Japan, signed full-time with All Japan in April and have proven to be a valuable asset to the undercards of shows. They are continuing to improve while making the current junior stalwarts like Tsuyoshi Kikuchi and Dean Malenko shine. In October, the newest graduate from the All Japan Dojo joined the roster. Tamon Honda, a heavyweight, joins a stacked rookie crew that also includes Jun Akiyama, Yoshihiro Takayama, and Jun Izumida.

• Like 5

On 7/26/2023 at 11:14 AM, Shady Tree said:

WWF 1985 - Now in March 1996....

WWF WrestleMania XII - Arrowhead Pond, Anaheim CA - Att: 19,400 / BR: 8.70

WWF Championship: Bret Hart def. Shawn Michaels(c) - 100
War Games - Losing Team must disband: The IV Horsemen (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko) def. The Dangerous Alliance (Rick Rude, Curt Hennig, Steve Ausitn & Brian Pillman) - 98
WWF Intercontinental Championship: Randy Savage def. Ricky Steamboat(c) - 98
Sting def. The Giant - 85
WWF Tag Team Championship: The Legion Of Doom def. Owen Hart & The Great Muta(c) - 86
The Undertaker def. Taz - 81
WWF Television Championship: Diamond Dallas Page(c) def. Eddie Guerrero - 82
Rey Mysterio Jr def. The 123 Kid - 82
WrestleMania XII Invitational Battle Royal Winner: Hunter Hearst Helmsley - 80

Show Rating - 100

.....and then the nWo invaded:

WWF WrestleMania XIII - Rosemont Horizon, Chicago IL - Att: 18,211 / BR: 10.98

WWF Championship: Sting def. Hollywood Hogan(c) - 88
Submission Match: Stone Cold Steve Austin def. Bret Hart - 100
Shawn Michaels def. Randy Savage - 99
WWF Tag Team Championship: The Outsiders(c) def. Lex Luger & The Giant - 92
WWF Intercontinental Championship: Owen Hart def. Diamond Dallas Page(c) - 95
The Undertaker def. Mankind - 84
WWF U.S Heavyweight Championship: Taz(c) def. Big Van Vader - 73
The IV Horsemen (Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko) & The Steiners def. The nWo (Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Syxx, The Great Muta & Buff Bagwell) - 90
WWF Television Championship: Hunter Hearst Helmsley def. Ultimo Dragon(c) - 74
Rey Mysterio Jr def. Eddie Guerrero - 90
WrestleMania XIII Invitational Battle Royal Winner: Rocky Maivia

Show Rating - 96

This show set the PPV Buy Rate record after a very successful 1996, although I am glad to be moving the WWF Title away from Hogan as his last few PPV Matches have drug down the overall show rating (although he was better than he's been on this show, despite whining about doing the job). Unfortunately Vader got hurt in the U.S Title match, hence the lower than expected rating. Interesting 1997 ahead.

• Like 1

Finally delving into a Thunderverse file after Mammoths awesome event and tv graphics update. Really helps bring the world more to life and I'm having a very enjoyable save so far. 

Playing as AWF with a Classic Sports Entertainment product. 

The title scene started with Core as AWF champion and he ended up dropping the title to Jonah Huntley at Chaos Reigns Supreme in a triple threat involving Derrick Romeo. Romeo and Huntley just had a match at Mayday Melee where Huntley retained and the two are having some great matches. I'm having one more match between them at Cage Rage (it will have a stip but I'm having 2 elimination chamber matches so it won't be in a cage this time). The plan is for Timothy Hawk to win the Elimination match and go on to face Huntley at WrestleFest. Romeo will get screwed by Jesse Mills which will be leading to a match between them at Wrestlefest. (Changed plans, going to have Romeo and Huntley main event in a Cage match and the chamber is now just a standard elimination match).

Speaking of Jesse Mills, he's leading a stable involving Seth Vanderdyne and Sébastien St. James (stole him from WCCW). They're called The Float and have been pretty much unstoppable. 

The Fyre has a gimmick similar to a heel R-Truth where he thinks there is a conspiracy against him in the AWF. He's going to slowly be introducing a stable as well called Nation of Fyre. Military Discipline will be a part of it since after losing a feud to the High rollers, they have turned on the country.

ALPHA is still running the tag division and after dropping the titles to The Devestators, they won it back a month later. They had some issues with Core who is on a rampage after never getting a one on one rematch for the AWF title and it lead to him vs DeSean Royal at Mayday Melee which did very well. It's making me consider the unthinkable and breaking up the 8 time tag Champs. Maybe not turn on eachother but Royal has performed so well and looks like a future main event player. 

Aaron Price is still United States Champion and will likely have a long reign. He's done well in promos and had decent programs. He'll be working with Core next leading to Wrestlefest as I try to move him up the card. 

Sharif Awar won the Battle for Los Angeles match (Royal Rumble) and has a guaranteed title shot for a year. He's being groomed as a future AWF champion and has somehow managed to get good matches out of Ankur the Great. 

Lastly, the Starlets division has been a bit difficult since it's very top heavy. But Erin Scott is slowly breaking into the Amy Ladner and Alexis James tier. Amy is still leading the Mean Girls Club but trouble is brewing due to Kali Azar bringing in Tapanga's crazy ass to the group. Amy just accidentally cost Kali her match against Starlets champ Alexis James and it's going to lead to a break up. The current plan is Alexis James and Amy Ladner at Wrestlefest in what will be advertised as their final battle. (I'm going to keep them apart for a long while but it's the best match I can do honestly). I also re-signed Kelly King where her gimmick is basically her considering herself the True Starlet. Matches are meh but her character work has been great.

In other news, PWI raided the hell out of AWW Ultra and stole Tegan Merritt, Chloe Buerel, and Chelsea Lane. AWW has managed to stay relevant however due to strong matches, but I'm thinking we'll surpass them soon. PWI also stole Atlas Lynn from me who I had big plans for but it has led to Black Gold and Tyrannus getting bigger pushes.

I'll continue to update but I'm trying not to go crazy and limit myself to just one or signing per month. Made a conscious effort to push and use the people I have. Actually haven't signed anyone in May since I'm cool with the roster at the moment. 

Edited by AlanMaths677
  • Like 5

image.png.3d7b28ee4bf1781e8014a9142e19ca62.png

Hulk Hogan is 100% going to refuse to put the Others over, so I guess this means Westeros is safe for now.

Also SWS declared war on me (AJPW) so I bid for their whole roster and forced them to pay like 25k - 50k/month for people like Hisakatsu Oya, The Takano Brothers, Koji Kitao and 150 year old Great Kabuki (he's been old since 1920 tbf). Yuji Yasuraoka wound up joining me so I hope he turns out good. And I actually want Kodo Fuyuki on the roster so there's that.

We're running the New Year Giant Series, which I scheduled to go from January to March with 3 non-tour shows scattered so I won't go broke. Then there will be the Grand Champion Carnival. I'm not sure if I put Hansen over Misawa or if I strap the rocket on him yet. Once Misawa wins I want the other pillars of Heaven to follow suit, so maybe I give the trophy to the big 3 gaijin (Hansen, Williams, Gordy) first. After this we'll pretty much be business as usual until the Anniversary show (which I made the season finale since we had none) where Tsuruta will finally drop the Triple Crown to whoever wins the CC.

Then the Tag League which I'm inclined to give to the Fantastics (or maybe a final Funks hurrah though the ratings will suck) since the only over tags we have are the Tsuruta+Pillars combinations, Hansen/Ace and Gordy/Williams. I might cozy up to WCW to pick up the Steiners for this too, but I'll think I'd have to cheat a bit to get them to work for me instead of them on clashing dates. Oh, well.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 1:17 PM, Shady Tree said:

.....and then the nWo invaded:

WWF WrestleMania XIII - Rosemont Horizon, Chicago IL - Att: 18,211 / BR: 10.98

WWF Championship: Sting def. Hollywood Hogan(c) - 88
Submission Match: Stone Cold Steve Austin def. Bret Hart - 100
Shawn Michaels def. Randy Savage - 99
WWF Tag Team Championship: The Outsiders(c) def. Lex Luger & The Giant - 92
WWF Intercontinental Championship: Owen Hart def. Diamond Dallas Page(c) - 95
The Undertaker def. Mankind - 84
WWF U.S Heavyweight Championship: Taz(c) def. Big Van Vader - 73
The IV Horsemen (Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko) & The Steiners def. The nWo (Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Syxx, The Great Muta & Buff Bagwell) - 90
WWF Television Championship: Hunter Hearst Helmsley def. Ultimo Dragon(c) - 74
Rey Mysterio Jr def. Eddie Guerrero - 90
WrestleMania XIII Invitational Battle Royal Winner: Rocky Maivia

Show Rating - 96

This show set the PPV Buy Rate record after a very successful 1996, although I am glad to be moving the WWF Title away from Hogan as his last few PPV Matches have drug down the overall show rating (although he was better than he's been on this show, despite whining about doing the job). Unfortunately Vader got hurt in the U.S Title match, hence the lower than expected rating. Interesting 1997 ahead.

WWF WrestleMania XIV - FleetCenter, Boston MA - Att: 18,000 / BR: 10.38

WWF Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin def. Bret Hart(c) - 98
War Games: D-Generation X (Shawn Michaels, Hunter Hearst Helmsley & The New Age Outlaws) def. The nWo (Hollywood Hogan, Randy Savage & The OutsIders) - 77
The Undertaker def. Sting - 89
WWF Intercontinental Championship: The Rock(c) def. Diamond Dallas Page - 97
WWF Tag Team Championship: Hart Foundation (Owen Hart & Brian Pillman def. The Steiner Brothers(c) & The Horsemen (Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko - 83
WWF U.S Heavyweight Championship: Bill Goldberg def. Curt Hennig(c) - 86
Kane def. Mankind - 86
WWF Television Championship: Ken Shamrock def. Taz(c) - 85
WWF Cruiserweight Championship: Ultimo Dragon def. Eddie Guerrero(c) & Rey Mysterio Jr -  93
WrestleMania XIV Invitational Battle Royal Winner: The Giant

Show Rating - 100

No idea what happened with the War Games (probably 1 or 2 injuries being worked through took their toll, plus Outlaws not being as over as the others), but other than that, the show went exactly as I hoped. 

Edited by Shady Tree
  • Like 2

It seems like something bizarre is going on at Hatoyama Dojo in my current CWW save, and I feel like I just have to document it. So far, four wrestlers have graduated since the save started, and only one of them looks to be any good, while the other three are pretty much train wrecks who probably haven't helped the dojo's reputation. So far, they consist of...

Shizuka Komatsuzaki (Prickly personality, signed by WINNOW as a part of their initial roster, and quit after six months.)

Megu Miyoshi (Bully personality, signed by WINNOW almost immediately after debuting, and quit after less than a month despite a rapid improvement in match quality.)

Reiko Tagawa (Bully personality, signed by WINNOW shortly after debuting. No incidents yet, but it feels like only a matter of time...)

Okiku Watanabe (Relaxed personality, AMAZING stats all-around aside from Brawling, Puro, and Hardcore, decently popular, and somehow, she is the only graduate that hasn't been signed yet, despite being the first to graduate.)

Yeah, I'm not really sure what to say about this. What is going on at that dojo?

tZdkTJ4.jpg

WRESTLING INTERNATIONAL NEW GENERATIONS ~ W*ING (1993)

Let's dive into the second year of my save with W*ING. We did pretty well in terms of gaining fans and are clearly the #1 hardcore promotion in the world. Our biggest show of the year Blood X-Mas in december was held in front of over 7,500 people. But let's take a look at some stuff happening throughout the year.

MAIN STORY
After a grueling year fighting against movie monsters, serial killers and other creeps the W*ING home army split up in two camps. Mr. Pogo attacked Mitsuhiro Matsunaga after a losing effort to Jimmy Snuka and Jason The Terrible in January, that's when Pogo created his own stable, The Pongo Gundan. From there on Pogo and Matsunaga hated each other and the first battle between them was won by Pogo in a Bunkhouse Death Match in February. Just a month later W*ING booked the team enemies yet again as a team to represent the promotion, this time against Cactus Jack and Terry Funk in a hardcore street fight. To the surprise of no one the two didn't get along and lost the match. In May Matsunaga and Pogo met yet again when they had a No Ropes Barbed Wire Match at Korakuen where Matsunaga got the upperhand and won against Pogo in a singles match for the first time in his career. Sure these two crossed paths throughout the year in several multimen bouts but the next important meeting was in a match where they had to team again. It was at Danger Zone In Yokohama in October, just a week prior Matsunaga has beaten Cactus Jack in a singles Falls Count Anywhere Death Match, which lead to gain some attention in the whole of Japan. The legendary Great Kabuki challenged the W*ING wrestlers to a hardcore six man tag team match, on his side were former FMW man Tarzan Goto and Kim Duk. Ibaragi begged Matsunaga and Pogo to settle their differences this time and they agreed. Pogo, Matsunaga and Yukihiro Kanemura took on the invading trio and lost the fight. Afterwards Kabuki and Goto the creation of "NO RESPECT", a new group to fight against W*ING. Pogo and Matsunaga backstage agreed to buried the hatchet for the moment and to take on the new group. The big televised matches were all losing efforts for the W*ING guys: At Blood X-Mas the trio of Kanemura, Ryo Miyake and Pogo lost a six man fight while Matsunaga lost to Tarzan Goto in the main event of the show in a Fluorescent Lighttubes Death Match.

While the japanese fought their own war, Eddie Gilbert was on his own path of revenge. Nightmare Freddie cost Gilbert the world title at last year's Blood X-Mas show and both men fought a war over the whole year on many many matches in many different combinations. Most of the matches had Jason involved, because he got ejected by the serial killers last december. More importantly were the two singles matches they had against each other. While Freddie won the first match in August in a Bunkhouse Death Match, Eddie attacked Freddie in November where he nearly ripped Freddie's mask off. The King Of Philadelphia challenged the movie monster to a Hair Vs. Mask Death Match at Blood X-Mas. In a brutal match Eddie got the upperhand over Freddie and won the match with a piledriver through a table from the turnbuckle. The crowd was desperated to see the real face of Freddie and the fans were shocked when Eddie revealed his own brother Doug as Nightmare Freddie! With Freddie being unmasked the future of the movie monster group was definitely in jeopardy. In the ring Doug told everyone that he was pissed at Eddie when he was the world champ, Doug got injured and Eddie just cared about his world title.

TWO NEW FACTIONS
Like mentioned above there were two new factions in W*ING. Mr. Pogo created his Pogo army with Mitsuteru Tokuda as being loyal to him joining, young boy Toyonari Fujita also being loyal to him, TNT (Savio Vega), Shoji Nakamaki and Yusuke Yamaguchi as being Pogo's manager. The Headhunter joined the Pogo Gundan in fall when the injured Headhunter A announced it while Headhunter B took a time off from wrestling and also came back in December alongside his long time partner. 

NO RESPECT was founded by The Great Kabuki and Tarzan Goto in October and they invited Gedo & Jado to their group, the young boys Hido and Yoshihiro Takayama and finally Hisakatsu Oya and Hiromichi Fuyuki. The group may lost some multi-man fights but the important matches on televised shows were all won by a member of NO RESPECT.

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Although they're fighting on different battlefields, Mitsuhiro Matsunaga and Ryo Miyake went into 1993 as the reigning World Tag Team Champions. The W*ING army team defended the title against various teams such as Jerry Lynn & Dr. Wagner Jr. in January, Los Cowboys (El Texano & Silver King) in February, Crypt Keeper & Boogie Man, Tom Prichard & Dick Murdoch and finally against enemy Mr. Pogo and Shoji Nakamaki in a brutal hardcore fight in May. Just a few weeks later The Pitbulls, Gary Wolfe and Anthony Durante, surprisingly beat the champs and took the titles off them. The americans defended the titles three times in a row but eventually were stopped by Jado & Gedo in September. The mean heel team beat Great Sasuke & Hinsei Shinzaki, Los Cowboys and finally at Blood X'Mas the returning Headhunters to close 1993 as the tag title holders.

WORLD JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
We start the year with Great Sasuke and we'll end it with Great Sasuke, but first thing first. Michinoku Pro's Great Sasuke seemed unstoppable, beating the likes of Eddie Guerrero, Gedo and Art Barr for example. Sasuke defended the title on five occassions but lost the strap to Eddie Guerrero in summer. Guerrero won the inaugral W*ING Junior League which got him a titlematch against Sasuke again. Guerrero defended the Junior title four times against Poison Sawada, Solar, Silver King and his tag partner Art Barr. Guerrero and Sasuke meet yet again at Blood X'Mas where Sasuke regain the title.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Miguel Perez Jr. was one of the first stars of W*ING but only until April. The man from Puerto Rico defended the title twice before losing the strap to Crash The Terminator (Bill DeMott) in April. That was Perez' last match at W*ING as he had a fallout with owner Micky Ibaragi. Crash got a rocketpush beating the likes of Crypt Keeper, Mitsuo Momota, Tom Prichard, Nightmare Freddie, Jason The Terrible, Freddie again and Ryuma Go in October with seven defendes to close out the year. He had no title defenses scheduled after the Ryuma Go fight althought he got challenged at Blood X'Mas by the legendary Kim Duk.

HAPPENINGS
They were some big happenings going on at W*ING such as the fallout with Miguel Perez Jr. in spring and the whole WWC crew from Puerto Rico in September. W*ING announced the end of the deep partnership with WWC because of backstage related stuff. With the end of the agreement some guys like Gypsy Joe, The Invaders, Iceman and even Dick Murdoch (who got in trouble multiple times backstage) were cut. Just a month later W*ING announced a partnership with Michinoku Pro and Eastern Championship Wrestling from Philadelphia.

GUEST STARS/SIGNINGS
The already mentioned Cactus Jack made two apperances for W*ING before signing with the World Wrestling Federation. After leaving All Japan Pro Wrestling the 23 years veteran Mitsuo Momota joined W*ING permanently to wrestler and train the upcoming generation at the W*ING dojo. Former NJPW and AJPW star Dynamite Kid came to W*ING for his only matches in 1993, a fairly dissapointing singles match against Tom Prichard and a trios match at Blood X-Mas alongside Kim Duk and Jimmy Snuka against Crash The Terminator, Jason The Terrible and Tom Prichard.

We already mentioned the W*ING dojo and at the end of the year the first graduate came through the dojo: Ryoichi Tsushima, 24 year old from Yokohama, 6'2 and 285lbs. 

1994?
With the new year on the horizon what can be expected from the promotion? The Serial Killers seems to be a dead group now with leader Nightmare Freddie being unmasked but what will happen between the Gilbert Brothers from now on? Can Pogo and Matsunaga co existed for a while to fight NO RESPECT? And on top of that Micky Ibaragi announced a new championship for the promotion.
The rise of the popular hardcore promotion hopefully will continue...

Recent Years
1992 - Start Of The Save

• Like 4

NJPW 1992-2010, March, Post-Sakura Genesis.

The New Japan Cup took place just a day before Sakura Genesis, and the winner, and the first ever man to win it twice, is.... Hirooki Goto! In a 100 rated match with KENTA! The best final in the New Japan Cup's history! The rest of the card was merely set up matches and aren't TRULY worth going over since I can just cover Sakura Genesis. So... let's do that! Like always, I'll cover just the major matches/feuds/etc.

NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag: CHAOS (Minoru Tanaka, Ishii, Gedo) (c) def. The Headshrinkers (Alofa, Afa Jr., Yokozuna)

The rivalry between these two factions continues, in fact CHAOS finds itself flanked by both Headshrinkers and Chono's nefarious SkirMish faction, but the show began with a victory at retaining against The Headshrinkers, and the rivalry between these two teams can finally rest. 

NEVER Openweight: Kevin Thorne (c) def. Shuji Ishikawa

Shuji Ishikawa is a talented guy who has toiled with Zero-1 for a LONG time. I hired him because Shuji actually kind of rules in the real world. While he is still a relative newcomer he has shot up in popularity and earned a shot to dethrone Kevin Thorne, who I admittedly have a soft spot for. Thorne's the most recent addition to CHAOS, and the night continues to prove that CHAOS could be the most dominant stable in NJPW today.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight: The HitMarker (Devitt/JTG) (c) def. Los Traumas

La Sombra and Los Trauma's were a menace in NJPW in March, mainly feuding with Headshrinkers, and Suzuki-gun. But of course Los Traumas' had an agenda. They wanted their titles back. HitMarker gladly obliged, despite being relatively safe from the trio. This match came to fruition at Sakura Genesis and HitMarker were the better team. Simple story. Still rebuilding this division so.

Special Singles Match: Jushin "Thunder" Liger def. Koji Kanemoto, Koji Kanemoto retires from NJPW.

It is always tragic when a wrestler whom I actually loved booking, Kanemoto had won everything there was to win in NJPW, and he retires facing down his biggest rival. I actually don't retire guys because they hit time decline right away, of course I do start shuffling them down the card, but 9/10 times.. it's because they can't work regular shows and only events, which are tours and PPVs. Tours are fine, but I do both a tour and a weekly show. So.. I just "retire" them from NJPW in general. 

IWGP United States Title: Kurt Angle (c) def. Paul Wight

Since returning to New Japan, Kurt Angle has submitted everyone he has faced in singles competition. Enter "The Giant" Paul Wight, who has been sporadically appearing for NJPW for a decade now. A man slowly rising in popularity, The Giant challenged Kurt Angle claiming there was no feasible way Kurt could submit him. Unfortunately for The Giant, Kurt Angle is a freak athlete who won Gold at the Olympics with a broken freakin' neck, and did just that. Who can stop Kurt Angle? 

IWGP Tag Team: GoAce  (Hiroshi Tanahashi& Go Shiozaki) (c) def. Wild Justice

A story of realization, as both members of Wild Justice are simply too far into decline to be relevant. Nagata has been steadily helping younger guys like Naruki Doi, Yoshi-Tatsu, and... well a few others that have failed to make an impact tbh, reach greater heights. Nakanishi was never a good worker in this save (and kind of in real life...) and without Nagata... well, yeah. Regardless GoAce are responsible for ending MSC (Lesnar/Benjamin's) record setting tag team title reign, the team managed to defend the title 8x and held it for over a year!

IWGP Intercontinental: Umaga (c) def. La Sombra 

I should also mention, as NJPW likes to co-host shows with CMLL, you can consider this to be part of that as well. CMLL challenged some NJPW guys, and they've been feuding on and off throughout the month of March. La Sombra actually was feuding with Suzuki-gun, and beat Takashi Sugiura, the man who lost to Umaga a month prior. La Sombra is not done with NJPW as he faces Suzuki next! Umaga on the other hand, calls out Kensuke Sasaki, as Sasaki eliminated him from the NJ Cup.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight: Shinjiro Otani (c) def. Mistico

Mistico is one of the best talents in CMLL, and he challenged Shinjiro Otani as an outsider from La Sombra's "invasion" to CMLL. He didn't wish to be problematic, just laid out a simple challenge. Shinjiro Otani accepted. Since YAMATO's scathing promo about Otani being a "guy on the right side of history" Otani has been reverting back to a more babyface role, and has been accepting all comers for his title. A hunger to prove himself against the very best CMLL has to offer would surely prove he is not just some guy whose gotten by on luck. Otani defeated Mistico and shook his hand afterward. 

IWGP Heavyweight: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson def. Shinsuke Nakamura (c)

A title bout that Nakamura had to lose. You see, Tanahashi in his 2nd reign, which occurred in 2007, fell to his own hubris. He challenged two men in a rare triple threat match. This allowed Yuji Nagata to etch his name in the history books. Nakamura, while he did lose in a singles match, fell to his own hubris in his second title reign. Since he defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi, he vowed that he was going to have a reign even longer, even more dominant than Tanahashi had. Tanahashi broke records. Nakamura, forming Chaos, and becoming unstoppable had allowed the Rock to fake out Nakamura. The Rock vowed to not get any outside help IF Nakamura did the same. Nakamura must have forgotten that CHAOS was instrumental in Nakamura winning. The Rock never lied, and if this was even 2 years ago, before CHAOS formed, Nakamura perhaps would have defeated The Rock. Sadly, Nakamura forgot how to get it done by himself. Sure CHAOS wasn't running interferences in every match, they were still in his corner, helping him up to beat the 20 counts, giving him water, and even words of motivation. Here though, at Sakura Genesis 2010, Nakamura was all alone. Similar to how he was when Tanahashi soared to roaring heights while he languished in the midcard after falling so hard from his first IWGP title reign. There was nobody but The Rock, there to pick apart Nakamura and finally become IWGP Heavyweight champion.

Edited by Peria
  • Like 4

I have a CWW save that just reached Tiny size after a year and a half in-game, so I thought that I would celebrate with a progress report!

King of the North

I've kept running King of the North as-is, as a one-night, eight-man tournament. However, I did decide to spice up the 2020 tournament by featuring the surprise debut of Kenny Poulter, who managed to beat Lynton Minehead in the first round before going down in the semis. In the end, the tournament had a surprise result as tag team specialist Gavin Owen managed to win out over CWW founder Curtis Jenkins in the finals.

The 2021 incarnation featured a few storylines coming in. Lenny Mochin came in as the big favorite, especially after easily dispatching Jermaine Granger in Round 1. However, former Submission Champion Neil Warburton came in looking to turn around the ill fortune he'd experienced since losing the belt. Meanwhile, after spending 2020 jobbing to virtually everyone, Lynton Minehead came out swinging, running through everyone in his path on a surprise run to the finals. However, at the end he didn't have enough to get past Warburton, who claimed the cup for 2021.

Summer Sizzler Tour

I've reworked the Summer Sizzler Tour into CWW's equivalent of the G1 Climax, making it a round-robin tournament of eight wrestlers that lasts for a week. The results for the 2020 event ended up being as follows: 

1. Martin Heath- 12 points

2. Lenny Mochin- 10 points

3. Curtis Jenkins- 10 points

4. Kenny Poulter- 6 points

5. JK Lee- 6 points

6. Jonni Leyland- 6 points

7. Jermaine Granger- 4 points

8. Lynton Minehead- 2 points

Almost from the start, it became a three-man race to the top between Heath, Mochin, and Jenkins. In fact, the final match of the whole tournament was Heath vs. Mochin to decide the championship, where Heath ultimately prevailed. His impressive performance, losing only one match (to Jenkins) gave him a massive boost in popularity, and after a successful year overall that spread into 2021, he is currently CWW's most popular wrestler.

CWW Tag Titles

I was concerned about what I would be able to do with the tag belts early on, but CWW's roster ended up giving me plenty to work with. Taypen and Buzzard had a pretty decent little reign until the aftermath of King of the North 2020, where Ward and Owen, coasting off of the momentum from Owen's tournament win, won the titles and kept a firm hold on them until November, when they fell to the super-popular Sharp and Heath. Giving Sharp and Heath their second title reign turned out to be an incredibly smart move, since their title matches amount for half of the company's top 10 matches, including the highest-rated match overall.

CWW Submission Title

I feel like the Submission Title has seen some of my most unusual booking choices. Neil Warburton kept hold of the title for a good while, even defeating a red-hot Gavin Owen to prevent him from holding two titles at once. However, his reign came to an end at the end of the Summer Sizzler tour when Kenny Poulter became the first Australian to hold a belt in CWW. His reign was short-lived though, as JK Lee snagged the belt for himself in December, helped by him developing a hot new move that added some extra flair to his matches. So far, the Submission Title has suffered from a lack of top-level talent fighting for it, which I plan to rectify in the future.

CWW Championship

CWW's main championship might ironically be the one that I have the least to say about. Lenny Mochin held the belt until June, at which point Padraig O'Hearne won the title and went berserk. His reign currently stands at 241 days, with 13 defenses. Unless he loses the belt during the Summer Sizzler Tour or gets injured, he's guaranteed to make it to a full year as champion. He's earned it too, with his title matches making up 4 of the company's top 10 matches. It feels kind of ridiculous to see SNP using him almost exclusively on pre-shows while he is absolutely thriving in CWW.

Other Details

I've signed very few wrestlers since the save began, with only Kenny Poulter having joined since I started the save. However, I have been building up a decently-sized shortlist that I intend to pick from as CWW grows. With the next Summer Sizzler around the corner, I'm in the process of signing Colin Picalo and a newgen named Alfred Brendon. Other names on the shortlist include Welsh Dragon, Bat Cooper, Trix Triumph, Iron Hyodo, and Michel Bernard.

The only match in the Top 10 that isn't a title match was the Summer Sizzler final between Martin Heath and Lenny Mochin... which was sort of a title match in its own right.

Kenny Poulter relocated to Northern England before even wrestling his first match, so I never had to pay extra to use him on a show. What a guy!

Vernon George accepted an MMA fight, and won't be back until after the Summer Sizzler Tour has ended.

It turns out that Padraig O'Hearne and Vernon George have good chemistry as a tag team. This may be worth exploring further...

• Like 3

Made it into October '92 with AJPW. Would have done it sooner if college and work weren't two b.... you know.

Anyways. I decided to do drug testing once which - I mean, sure, people gotta be healthy, but it did screw up most of my plans as both Mitsuharu Misawa and Terry Gordy went into rehab. We had a tournament for the vacant World Tag Titles which was won by Kenta Kobashi and Tsuyoshi Kikuchi. Yes, Kikuchi is a World Tag champion in 1992. Don't give me weird looks, the AI had Jushin Liger win the goddamn G1. (they also didn't run BOSJ for whatever reason, might need add a "new player" to see what's up)

Also yes, it is unrealistically that people would be sent into rehab in 1992 but I don't care. At least this gives me something to think rather than spamming the same people in every main event (which to be fair was pretty much what real All Japan did anyways). I think I'll have the Fantastics drop the All Asia tags to Furnas & Krofatt at the Anniversary Show then win RWTL before getting the World belts.

Stan Hansen wound up beating Misawa for the Champion Carnival - which in hindsight was a fantastic decision - and will get the Triple Crown from Jumbo at the Anniversary Show in late October. Misawa went undefeated in his block (which pissed off Jumbo) and I had to spend like $500k or something to keep Hansen happy since he went 5-2, losing to Taue and Kobashi and beating everyone else in the block. I didn't have 16 great heavyweight workers so people like Naoki Sano, Tiger Mask and Dean Malenko filled in some spots. Williams and Gordy wound up in the same block which was kind of a brain fart but it at least estabilishes they can fight eachother without reservations in storyline I guess. I ain't gonna split them up but once Williams picks up the Triple Crown - should happen at some point down the line - I get one big defence.

Gordy gained loyalty to me over being sent by rehab which was one of the few times I got such a positive reaction out of this. Misawa was just happy - I think he already had a protege relationship or whatever with Baba in the database.

Also, I did some good poaching. Picked up John Tenta from WWF to have a BIG dude filling up the undercard since Abdullah the Butcher retired (so did Rusher Kimura and Motoshi Okuma, btw. I guess Haruka Eigen, Isamu Teranishi and Mighty Inoue are next. Not like I use them anyway, it's just that I want to roleplay the whole loyalty to old farts thing).

I also picked up Roddy Piper (who's a freelancer) but he showed up drunk and, y'know, it's cruel but i'm not paying rehab for a dude in a 3 month contract so I fired his ass. He hasn't found work since which is probably due to wanting 3 month contracts. Who knows, I might give it another shot down the line.

Finally, I managed to pick up Ric Flair and Road Warriors from WWF. "Oh but this is so unrealistic" yeah but it's fun so I don't care. Warriors will fill in a spot in the World Tag League. Flair, idk. He'll probably get popped for drugs or steroids or drinking or pills or all of the above next time I decide to shake up the roster with a test so I'll just use him for my own amusement with dream matches in the big cards.

Finnancially, we are fine. Our top carders putting on 90+ rated matches even in random tour shows in high school gyms plus the fact I got our tour highlights in free-to-air NHK have seen us quickly get enough popularity to sell 50, 70k+ tickets for the "big cards" which always save my ass since the tour system is still very much unprofitable. I also got a big boost in the CC because I set all the block shows to be normal events. Same will go for the Tag League. However, industry and economy are both falling and I don't know for how long this will be true.

I bought out ASW, PNW and VDB. ASW was pillaged so I could use their popularity to get on British TV. PNW is being used as a dev territory. I picked up some people who turned out to be stars in real life so I can decide wether I use them down the line or not (plus some young japanese guys since NJPW went scorched earth on the indy scene). VDB was bought just because I wanted the oldest company to keep kicking. I cheated a bit and gave them enough popularlity so that they stopp bleeding (my) money but otherwise don't interfere much. PNW still loses money but not as much. I put their show on syndication which I guess helped a bit with selling dem tickets.

AJPW's tour highlights were also on syndication for a while, then I picked up a commercial TV with bigger coverage in US.

Also, I did get a talent trading agreeement with WCW but I'm still behind them in "worker's priority" and they won't loan the Steiners for more than 6 dates at a time so idk what I'll do with this relationship.

Finally, SWS lost all their money via a narrative. At first I thought "man, it sucks seeing companies die via narrative - the whole point of playing this is rewriting history!" but then they spread fake news about me so I decided they must die like our lord database maker intended. They aren't dead yet though. I wanted Tenryu but I'm not sure I can get him to stop hating Giant Baba without cheating.

Also, I got some e-mails saying Yuji Yasuraoka has potential, is improving etc so I guess it was a good hire even if accidental. Then again, some 7 freaking people have told me Giant Kimala is getting better in the ring and I just don't see it.

• Like 3

Just held Total Mayhem 2021.

Nicky Champion won the world title from Jay Chord, who had held the belt since Total Mayhem 2020. While I thought Chord really needed the year long reign to establish himself, I'm glad to finally get the belt onto a face. I was running low on established challengers for Chord to beat. That being said, I couldn't be happier with Jay's reign. The reign has locked Jay Chord in as the most popular wrestler in the US and established him as one of the best wrestlers in the world. My biggest concern now is that after the Champion V Chord rematches are done, Jay Chord's matches will probably overshadow the main event.

Viktor Beskov won the TV title last September and has been a dominant champion ever since with 38 title defenses so far. I view him as my Gunther. A foreign heel who has consistently great hard hitting matches with a wide variety of opponents. He regularly main events TV shows and has established the TV title as a respectable belt. He will likely lose the belt soon and will challenge Nicky Champion for the World title. His rise and continued excellence is one of the main reasons why I wanted to get the belt off Jay Chord and onto a face.

The tag division has been completely revitalized with the injection of established teams like The American Cobras, The Ring Generals, and Thunder and Lightning, while also including new teams like The Cowboys (Cowboy Buck Winchester and Bradley Blaze). The top of the tag division, however, has been the 2020 Team of the Year, the Sons of Sam (Greg Gauge and Matthew Keith). I originally teamed them up for a match when Matthew came into the company as a wink and nod at their familiar relationship, not really planning to make them a full time team. Turns out, they had excellent tag chemistry. That, combined with their in ring skills, have propelled them forward. 8 of the top 15 matches in TCW history belong to them. Their feud with Aaron Andrews and a face Wolf Hawkins main evented and stole the show for three straight PPVs, which was not easy considering Jay Chord was having a series of excellent matches with Edd Stone on those cards.

Special shoutout to T-Bone Bright. TCW requires a Wild Brawl on each card, so I just had him go out and brawl with someone every night. This got him insanely over and he had some of the best matches in early TCW when he challenged for the world title. He's fallen down the card some since then. Following Total Mayhem, I've given him a little stable with Mighty Mo and Papa Swoll, just so he still gets something to do. That stable? Big Meaty Men Slapping Meat.

Future elevation plans:

Papa Swoll: After a year in MAW and a bulked up physique, I think Papa Swoll can be a solid star for the future.

The CWA imports: CWA went broke, so I bought them out and brought in some of their stars. Unfortunately, not many of them have any real US popularity, so we're working on building that up. 

Darin Flynn: 21CW chose not to renew his contract, so I brought him in. Accidently grabbed Hailey Hunter when I bought CWA, so I've had her managing Darin Flynn. A fun little act and may be the one to unseat Viktor Beskov.

Magnum Kobe: WLW is one of my favorite C-Verse companies. I loved booking Magnum Kobe vs Emerald Angel matches in previous TEWs. When Angel's contract comes up, he'll be on this list too, just so we can show an American audience what they've been missing.

The SWF faces: Lacking credible challengers for Jay Chord, I signed a bunch of SWF's midcard faces. Steven Parker, High Flyin Hawaiian, Masked Patriot, Mikey Lau, Primus Allen, etc. None of them have really taken the leap and stayed in the main event after their title feuds. Would like at least one of them to break through, since now I have way too many midcard faces...

The Independent Scene: I need a minimum of 38 wrestlers. I have over 90 with just one TV show. Slowly trimming the fat as contracts expire, but I really need less people on the roster. For Total Mayhem, I had a 30 man battle royal AND a 25 man battle royal on the pre-show, just so people wouldn't complain about not being booked.

• Like 3

So I’m 6 months into a sandbox type play (my first ever play of the game) I took Big Tex Avatar and gave him a storyline secret investor who supply’s the company with endless amounts of cash (in editor of course) We then open Outlaw Championship wrestling early in the mid south with the goal to ultimately take tcws spot as the main mid south program we  Put the belt on Texas Pete at the same time Signing away some of the top guys taken from smaller company’s such as Aldus Blackfire, Bradley Blaze (paired with Outlaw Wes revell and Texas Pete forming Bandit INC) Frankie Perez , Coleman Allen (formerly Al Coleman) Ernest Youngman, and the Philly Blondes,

Chris Caulfield has been running a ric flair type gimmick of if he loses the American Championship (Midcard) he will retire and all the young guns have been going after him but unable to dethrone him , I’ve now signed Rich Robinson (formerly sterling Whitlock) and I think he’s gonna be the one to retire caulfield. I’ve found myself much more Interested in my mid card then world title picture to be honest 

• Like 4

On 8/23/2023 at 1:39 PM, Bartring said:

Just held Total Mayhem 2021.

Nicky Champion won the world title from Jay Chord, who had held the belt since Total Mayhem 2020. While I thought Chord really needed the year long reign to establish himself, I'm glad to finally get the belt onto a face. I was running low on established challengers for Chord to beat. That being said, I couldn't be happier with Jay's reign. The reign has locked Jay Chord in as the most popular wrestler in the US and established him as one of the best wrestlers in the world. My biggest concern now is that after the Champion V Chord rematches are done, Jay Chord's matches will probably overshadow the main event.

Viktor Beskov won the TV title last September and has been a dominant champion ever since with 38 title defenses so far. I view him as my Gunther. A foreign heel who has consistently great hard hitting matches with a wide variety of opponents. He regularly main events TV shows and has established the TV title as a respectable belt. He will likely lose the belt soon and will challenge Nicky Champion for the World title. His rise and continued excellence is one of the main reasons why I wanted to get the belt off Jay Chord and onto a face.

The tag division has been completely revitalized with the injection of established teams like The American Cobras, The Ring Generals, and Thunder and Lightning, while also including new teams like The Cowboys (Cowboy Buck Winchester and Bradley Blaze). The top of the tag division, however, has been the 2020 Team of the Year, the Sons of Sam (Greg Gauge and Matthew Keith). I originally teamed them up for a match when Matthew came into the company as a wink and nod at their familiar relationship, not really planning to make them a full time team. Turns out, they had excellent tag chemistry. That, combined with their in ring skills, have propelled them forward. 8 of the top 15 matches in TCW history belong to them. Their feud with Aaron Andrews and a face Wolf Hawkins main evented and stole the show for three straight PPVs, which was not easy considering Jay Chord was having a series of excellent matches with Edd Stone on those cards.

Special shoutout to T-Bone Bright. TCW requires a Wild Brawl on each card, so I just had him go out and brawl with someone every night. This got him insanely over and he had some of the best matches in early TCW when he challenged for the world title. He's fallen down the card some since then. Following Total Mayhem, I've given him a little stable with Mighty Mo and Papa Swoll, just so he still gets something to do. That stable? Big Meaty Men Slapping Meat.

Future elevation plans:

Papa Swoll: After a year in MAW and a bulked up physique, I think Papa Swoll can be a solid star for the future.

The CWA imports: CWA went broke, so I bought them out and brought in some of their stars. Unfortunately, not many of them have any real US popularity, so we're working on building that up. 

Darin Flynn: 21CW chose not to renew his contract, so I brought him in. Accidently grabbed Hailey Hunter when I bought CWA, so I've had her managing Darin Flynn. A fun little act and may be the one to unseat Viktor Beskov.

Magnum Kobe: WLW is one of my favorite C-Verse companies. I loved booking Magnum Kobe vs Emerald Angel matches in previous TEWs. When Angel's contract comes up, he'll be on this list too, just so we can show an American audience what they've been missing.

The SWF faces: Lacking credible challengers for Jay Chord, I signed a bunch of SWF's midcard faces. Steven Parker, High Flyin Hawaiian, Masked Patriot, Mikey Lau, Primus Allen, etc. None of them have really taken the leap and stayed in the main event after their title feuds. Would like at least one of them to break through, since now I have way too many midcard faces...

The Independent Scene: I need a minimum of 38 wrestlers. I have over 90 with just one TV show. Slowly trimming the fat as contracts expire, but I really need less people on the roster. For Total Mayhem, I had a 30 man battle royal AND a 25 man battle royal on the pre-show, just so people wouldn't complain about not being booked.

Just held Total Mayhem 2022. What a difference a year makes! 

I pulled the plug on Nicky Champion as TCW Champion almost instantly. Red flags started appearing when he beat Jay Chord 3 straight months at PPVs and didn't go up in popularity. (He was 88, Jay Chord was 95) Pop cap aside, his first non-Chord defense against Viktor Beskov got dinged for a lack of psychology and tanked the show. I should have noticed neither had the psych to main event, but I didn't. So, I pulled the trigger on a storyline I had been building for later in the year. At the next PPV, Matthew Keith won the World Title. I had started to think I was being too harsh on Champion while booking  that show, but he ended up having terrible chemistry with Matthew Keith and tanked a second show. After that, he lost two more matches to people near his pop and he plummeted below 80 pop. A few months later, I had The Architect (35ish pop) squash him then fired him. I decided if I wasn't going to use him as a star, some other promotion could. He's EILL's problem now. I stole El Leon, El Mitico Jr, and Velocidad from them, so it's only fair they get something from me.

On the TV show immediately after winning the title, Matthew Keith beat Nicky Champion in his rematch. Following the match, Greg Gauge beat him down and posed with the belt, turning Keith face and starting their feud. Matthew Keith spent the rest of the time between then and Total Mayhem 2022 defending the belt against Greg Gauge, Magnum Kobe, and Cameron Vessey. On the back of those excellent defenses, the TCW World Title became the most prestigious belt in wrestling. Keith defended the belt at Total Mayhem in a Steel Cage against Jay Chord in what is likely a MOTY lock. Chord will probably win the belt at some point in this feud, but I wanted to give Matthew Keith his big moment at our biggest show. 

Viktor Beskov was also "punished" following the disaster of a match with Champion. I signed Yuri and reformed The Red Devils, so Viktor's been carrying the matches while Yuri gains popularity in the US. Usually on the lower end of the midcard. A bit of a demotion from his days main eventing TV shows and holding the TV title for months. He's out of the dog house now and will probably win the tag belts from The Real Main Event (Mikey Lau and Bulldozer Brandon Smith) later this year.

Big Meaty Men Slapping Meat (Papa Swoll, Mighty Mo, and T-Bone Bright) got a bit lost in the shuffle as I tried to fix our main event issues. Following Total Mayhem, they'll be starting a feud against The Axis of Darkness (The Architect, a called-up Dreadnaught, and Hellion, who SWF chose to call up and then let go 2 weeks later) I'm hoping this feud will boost both stables up the card a bit. 

Future elevation plans update: 

Papa Swoll is still going to be a solid star for us, but this year wasn't his breakout year.

The CWA imports have started to make their marks. Cameron Vessey is a solid main eventer now and had a great series of matches for the world title. Aaron Knight had a good reign with the TV title. 

Darin Flynn did topple Viktor Beskov. He's now a solid midcard hand and has an occasional tag team with Ricky Storm. He had a pretty short reign with the TV title, which was always the plan. After Beskov's monster reign I wanted to go back to shorter reigns for a bit, to make the long reigns feel more special. 

Magnum Kobe is probably the second most over heel on the roster and had a great series of matches for the world title. Emerald Angel is (finally) on the roster and is being built up quickly, 

The SWF faces are now mostly out of the midcard. Steven Parker and Mikey Lau went up. The rest have fallen down the card. I can live with it.

The Independent Scene: My roster is down to 76. Still a lot, but much more manageable. I decided that if I was going to trim down my roster, I should make sure the departing people have places to work, so I started funding struggling indies. I donated $100,000 each to a struggling FCW, CWW, and WINNOW, CZCW were in worse shape, so I gave them $1,000,000. FCW, CWW, and WINNOW have seemingly turned it around financially. CZCW, however, is now more in debt than they were before. Their biggest issue is that they rose up to Medium, which is also the same level SWF and USPW are at, so they're paying to maintain production levels they can't afford. I'm torn between continuing to bankroll them just to mess with SWF and USPW, or just letting them die. 

• Like 3