No Ordinary Men [CVerse]

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DinoKea" data-cite="DinoKea" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47530" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Finally caught up. Alright! Really enjoyed this, so interested to see where this 5th year goes.<p> </p><p> I also saw someone do a end of year awards for CWI (in their opinion) and ended up feeling inspired to do the same, so here are the awards:</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Male Wrestler of the Year:</strong> Mr. Grappling</p><p> <em>Past Winners: Threepwood, Hangman, Deverell</em></p><p> <strong>Female Wrestler of the Year:</strong> Tameka Sky</p><p> <em>Past Winners: Blake, Frost, Stone-McFly</em></p><p> <strong>Tag Team of the Year:</strong> Texas Express</p><p> <em>Past Winners: Rock City Stars, Bred for Battle, San Diego Girls</em></p><p> <strong>Touch of Excitement:</strong> Nicky Champion (Wrestler I'm interested what you do with, either because of names, look, big star, storyline change or personal fav)</p><p> <em>Past Winners: Tokoeka, Threepwood, Barnes</em></p><p> <strong>Graduate of the Year:</strong> Victor Crash (Basically just because I think he's won more)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's nice to have you onboard! And your end of year awards would be very similar to my end of year awards -- actually, probably down to a T. It's always interesting to see what people are gravitating towards.</p><p> </p><p> Graduate of the YEar is going to get more competitive because now we have four total graduates and not just two!</p><p> </p><p> Also, the show is coming! It has been a hectic few days with work and getting ready for another transition back to being all virtual and all the stuff that comes with (and trying to grade 600 assignments a week); however, I should have the show up today or tomorrow and we will be off to the races for 2024!</p>

New Year Scramble 2024

<div style="padding: 10px; border: 0px solid #737373; margin:10px;background: #ffb61b; max-width:1000px;box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-position:center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:contain;"><table style="border: 5px solid #ffb61b; background: #737373; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-repeat:repeat-y;background-size:contain;background-position:center;"; cellpadding="5px"; frame="box"; width="100%"><tr valign="top">

<td>

aKvrZof.png

Saturday Week 1, January 2024

Live from the Fountain Square Theatre [indianapolis, Indiana, Great Lakes, USA]

135 people in attendance (an increase of 5 fans from last show)

Commentators: Marv Earnest & Mark Hyatt

qSIrNZu.jpg?1aO4dY56.jpg

Earnest, “Hello everyone and welcome back to the Fountain Square Theatre for another exciting night of professional wrestling action as presented by Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis. We are starting off the year 2024 the way the good Lord intended -- with professional wrestling action. We closed 2023 with the arrival that sent shockwaves through the wrestling world -- with the arrival of Nicky Champion and tonight Nicky Champion wrestles his first match in over a year when he steps into the ring with Zippy Deverell. Joining me tonight to call that match and all the other action we will have tonight, known other than the New Year Baby himself, Mark Hyatt.”

Hyatt, “What I like to do in my personal time is my business and no one else’s. What is everyone’s business is that tonight is about to be the last time anyone in wrestling sees Nicky Champion -- because Zippy Deverell is going to run him out of the sport. Zippy Deverell is going to send him into hiding. And I can’t wait to see it happen!”

Earnest, “I don’t think you will see it happen. I think Nicky Champion is back for good and he’s going to make an incredible impact here in CWI and in his return to pro wrestling. Also tonight, US Patriot makes his in ring debut, he wrestles his first ever match in a six man tag.”

Hyatt, “You can’t be serious. That’s Nate DeMarcus under a mask! He’s not honoring his stipulation and CWI should be ashamed.”

Earnest, “We have no proof of that. All I know is that I’ve never seen US Patriot before and I’m excited to see what he can do in the ring tonight. Plus, in our main event, Funky Fedora puts the Mid American Championship on the line against “The Bad Man” Warwick Good. All of that and so much more, tonight!”

05TFh3q.png

<table style="border: 5px solid #737373; background: #ffb61b; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-repeat:repeat-y;background-size:contain;background-position:center;"; cellpadding="5px"; frame="box"; width="70%"><tr valign="top">

<td>4oHBsBP.jpg

The show opens with Nicky Champion walking to the ring. Just two weeks ago, Nicky shocked the wrestling world by arriving in Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis. He climbs into the ring and is handed a microphone by Taylor Gordy.

Champion, “A couple of weeks ago, I showed up here to let the world know, to let you all know, that I was here. I’m back in pro wrestling and I’m here in Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis to redeem myself. To prove to the world that I’m a different man. A healed man. I was interrupted by some kid named Zippy Deverell. A kid that most of y’all know.”

The crowd boos Zippy at his name -- or at least most of them. Some cheer Zippy’s name.

Champion, “I’ll be honest, I don’t know Zippy. I’ve never seen him. He wasn’t someone that was on my radar, but now he is. Now he’s front and center on my radar and tonight, in my first match in over a year, I’m stepping into the ring with this kid. This kid who fancies himself some kind of outlaw. Well that’s fine. I’ve wrestled plenty of outlaws. Plenty of renegades. Plenty of cold war monsters and rich elitists and bullies and all types. I’ve built a career on never backing down from a challenge -- whether known or unknown -- and tonight, I face a brand new challenge. I face Zippy Deverell and kid, I’m ready. I’m ready for whatever you’re going to bring. I’ve spent the last two weeks watching every professional match you’ve had that’s been filmed. I’ve been preparing myself for what you bring to the table and I’m impressed with what yo ucan do, but I’m ready to do what I have to do and show the world, the people in this building, and myself, that Nicky Champion is still a world-calibre professional wrestler. My path to redemption stars tonight and it goes through you.”

Angle Rating

49HcHE8.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

05TFh3q.png

Opening Match

Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

NWKmvgS.jpgHQ5UCnA.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

x3d9mee.jpgzm7I1Kv.jpg

The San Diego Girls versus Tameka Sky & Deborah Young

The former CWI Women’s Tag Team Champions had a tall task in front of them tonight -- they had the big Tameka sky and Deborah Young. The two powerful women that made it clear they want hte Women’s Tag Team Titles -- even if they came up short last month. They want to get back to those titles and the San Diego Girls were looking to show the world what they could do in what would be their last tag team match for quite some time -- both had signed exclusive deals with other company. Izzy Quick would be full time with QAW while Coco Malloy was headed to USPW and real big money. This was their send off match as a team and it was short but action packed. Coco and Izzy got to show all of their slick tag offense. It was a best-of-their-big-spots showcase before Sky and Young shut them down with some power offense. Young hit a Running Toss on Coco Malloy where she tossed her from the ring onto the small stage that CWI uses for entrances. It was an impressiv toss and a big bump for the opening match and it really helped the crowd get more hyped. It also distracted Izzy Quick long enough for Sky to grab her and hoist the Mighty Atom into the air and bring her rashing down to the mat with a Powerbomb and the pinfall for a big win for the two big women.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Tameka Sky and Deborah Young defeated The San Diego Girls in 6:37 when Tameka Sky pinned Izzy Quick with a Powerbomb.

Deborah Young was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Match Rating

W82UlP3.jpg

05TFh3q.png

<table style="border: 5px solid #737373; background: #ffb61b; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-repeat:repeat-y;background-size:contain;background-position:center;"; cellpadding="5px"; frame="box"; width="70%"><tr valign="top">

<td>1bzWlKA.jpg

Funky Fedora came to the ring. The Mid American Champion looked incredulous.

Fedora, “What was that last month? Nate DeMarcus is back?!? I ran him out of this company and he thinks he can come back here under a mask? I don’t think so. I’m petitioning CWI management and the COTT Board of Directors to force US Patriot to unmask and reveal himself as Nate DeMarcus and then be banned from any COTT company. I will reveal Nate DeMarcus for the coward that he is. I will. If it is the last thing I do, I will do it. And tonight, I’m going to take Warwick Good to school. I’m going to show him that it’s a lot easier to jump on than it is to jump off and tonight, baby, I’m going to get my second title defense. Warwick, you’re a big bad son of a gun. A big bad bastard. The Bad Man himself, but you’re not the champion. I am! I’m the champion because I’m the measuring stick and tonight… Tonight you will find out that you don’t measure up.”

Angle Rating

kvA5eEu.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

05TFh3q.png

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

t1uvlRq.jpgmmWyz8z.jpggh79HPz.jpg

Nebo Martell versus Brute Kikuchi

In Brute Kikuchi’s farewell match from CWI, he came out to work hard against Nebo Martell. Kikuchi was brought in on a trial to see what he could do and his declining physical abilities and the constant pain he was in really made him more of a liability than anything. Nebo is a young rising star in CWI and this was a good win for him. It was a solid affair -- Kikuchi hit Martell hard throughout the short match and Martell was able to sell and generate sympathy, but then Martell made the classic babyface comeback. It was simple but effective offense where he focused on Kikuchi’s knee and set him up for a beautiful Martell Lock, formerly the Inferno Special [and a Fuller Leglock] that forced Kikuchi to submit and give Martell a big statement win.

In a decent match, Nebo Martell defeated Brute Kikuchi in 7:53 by submission with a Martell Lock.

Match Rating

aJQU8LR.jpg

05TFh3q.png

<td>dbsbaKr.jpg

Zippy Deverell came out to the ring. The Hillbilly Outlaw took a microphone.

Deverell, “I grew up in Corbin, Kentucky. I grew up in Coal Country. I grew up with my father digging coal and my mama cleaning rich people’s houses. I grew up getting into fights and ditching school and trying whatever I could to make money. I grew up watchin’ wrestlin’ with my dad and my granddad. I grew up watching USPW. Watchin’ guys like Jim Force and Bruce the Giant waging wars. And you know who my favorite was? Nicky Champion. That’s right. Nicky Champion. Ol’ Hawkeye. And in 2010, when I was just a little boy, little Zippy Deverell was there live. Little Zippy got to see Nicky Champion become USPW World Champion for the first time. I was so happy. I was excited. He was my hero. Flash forward twelve years. Twelve long years of Nicky Champion being the top guy in USPW and he was still my favorite wrestler. I dreamed of maybe gettin’ to wrestle him in a big arena. I was going to get there. I was going to suffer through it all to get there -- that was what I was gon’ do and then what happened? Nicky let the entire World down. He let me down. Because he wasn’t a superhero. He was ordinary. Well this is Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis. This is where you come if you are No Ordinary Man. This is where you come to prove yourself and Nicky Champion is here and he wants to prove himself and tonight he’s steppin’ into the ring with me. He’s steppin’ into the ring with the Hillbilly Outlaw. He’s stepping into my world and my world has a high cost of a livin’ and tonight.. In this ring, this ring where I’ve bled. Where I’ve swet. We’re I’ve succeeded and where I’ve failed, I’m going to beat the sobriety out of Nicky Champion. I’m going to beat the pride out of him and I’m gon’ end this Redemption Tour real early.”

Angle Rating

QmSY8C4.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

05TFh3q.png

Tag Team Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

KkRGkt8.jpgKkRGkt8.jpg

jwvEkBG.jpgnWZyR2M.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

o9mNgM8.jpgOjzVkqL.jpg

Mad Millie Morgan & Bonnie Bogan versus The Bootcamp ©

The Women’s Tag Team Titles were on the line here as two hardcore fighters, Mad Millie Morgan and Bonnie Bogan, were teaming up to face the Bootcamp. This match was two stories in one -- it was the smooth teamwork of the Bootcamp against the hostile team of Morgan and Bogan. Morgan and Bogan could not get along as a team, they argued with eachother, they refused to tag each other in -- and at one point they even came to blows with Millie punching Bonnie right in the face and then leaving her partner all by herself. The Bootcamp were clearly unhappy about it being two on one, but the “pride” (or shame) of Australia, Bonnie Bogan wouldn’t back down and kept bringing the fight to the two women. Felicia Luck got the pin after she and Lucy hit the Hard Knocks, 3D, on Bogan.

In a decent match, The Bootcamp defeated Mad Millie Morgan and Bonnie Bogan in 8:31 when Felicia Luck pinned Bonnie Bogan with a Hard Knocks. The Bootcamp make defence number two of the CWI Women's Tag Team titles.

In terms of in-ring work, Felicia Luck was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Match Rating

TCn9nKR.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

6te35Sa.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgMT95rPy.jpg

Jimmy Chipolata versus Marcus English

Marcus English’ singles career was starting in this contest against Jimmy Chipolata. These two knew each other from their time in USPW and there was a familiarity in their match. English was not the star of American Gold -- that was Chamberlain. English was a polished wrestler though and this was a very solid wrestling contest. It was a classic wrestling match -- both men worked holds and English controlled the match with suplexes that he transitioned into holds that Chipolata had to fight out of only to have English find a new way to suplex or slam him back down to the mat. Chipolata was really solid as a babyface fighting from underneath and English looked like he might have some mileage as a wrestling heel. Chipolata had a solid comeback that was built around dropkicks and English taking big, quick bumps in rapid succession. Chipolata hit a Flying Clothesline and really looked like he was awoken. He came off the top rope again for a Flying Body Press and got the three count and victory.

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Jimmy Chipolata defeated Marcus English in 9:45 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press.

Match Rating

uZGF1US.jpg

05TFh3q.png

<td>aO4dY56.jpg

Mark Hyatt rises from the commentary table at ringside and moves to the ring. He is all smiles.

Hyatt, “It is time once again for the most unstoppable force in professional wrestling to come to the ring. It is time for someone in this building to try -- and fail -- to earn fifteen thousand dollars if they can slam this monster. So let’s get him out here.”

BQIPzLC.jpg

The big Ox Mastadon comes out to the ring snarling and stomping. He climbs into it and kicks at the ropes and stomps around the ring and Mark Hyatt is all smiles.

Hyatt, “So who is it going to be? Who is brave enough? Who is man enough to come step into the ring with this monster and try to slam him?”

It doesn’t happen immediately. It takes several moments, but the curtain pushes to the side and a young man walks out.

H2hudwe.jpg

Hyatt, “Really? Reggie Combs? The so called Indiana Dragon? You think you’re man enough? Okay. It’s going to be your funeral.

Reggie Combs doesn’t look intimidated. The smaller man is closing in on finishing his first full year in the wrestling business. He is said to be a big Conner Threepwood fan -- and in fact it was Conner Threepwood’s death that inspired him to train (he actually made his debut one year to the day of Threepwood’s tragic passing). A native of Indianapolis, Indiana, he could have a bright future, but probably not tonight. Not when trying to slam Ox Mastadon. Combs sized up the 400+ pound monster. Combs moves in for a body slam and really struggles to try and get Mastadon up, to get him to even move. Mastodon doesn’t budge, instead he quickly pushes Combs away and then runs right through him. Combs flips backwards through the air and crashes into the mat. Mastadon follows that up with a huge (literally) Ten Ton Splash that left Combs needing assistance from Rick Sanders and Grace Harper and the CWI referees Bret Graveson, Kessie Lee Walker, and Andre Lane to get to the back.

Angle Rating

VK8dCkU.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

05TFh3q.png

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

DUV2vbh.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgsCnYeMn.jpg

"Mississippi Muscle" Adam MacDonald versus "The Traskmaster" Anthony Trask

Anthony Trask was wrestling his final CWI match here -- a guy who was pencilled in to be a major heel player was already on his way out to an exclusive contract with NYCW. This match was designed to get big Adam MacDonald -- the big muscular powerhoues from Mississippi, a big win and really introduce him to the main audience. MacDonald has been working the Edinburgh shows and looked solid -- he’s a young Marcus McKing -- and there could be very big things planned for him. Trask clearly phoned in this match, the usually very intelligent worker just looked sloppy and looked like he didn’t want to be there and that seemd to frustrate MacDonald, who launched a couple of stiff potatoes and really started to manhandle Trask. He hit a big toss into the corner that Trask took with all of his back and when Trask bounced out, MacDonald hit him with a Blindslide Pounce that even if Trask didn’t want to sell, he had no choice because it was a wicked collision. MacDonald got the three count and a big victory.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Adam MacDonald defeated Anthony Trask in 6:26 by pinfall with a Blindside Pounce.

Match Rating

F6ShEQl.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Tag Team Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

wEHCd01.jpgwEHCd01.jpg

WkSrHJq.jpgt3lBXXM.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

BRIVVCX.jpg5uZHL0H.jpg

The Skyscrapers versus The Dog Soldiers ©

The Skyscrapers are two big bad masked wrestlers, a classic heel style tag team. Something right out of the old Southern wrestling playbook (and let’s face it, despite Indianapolis technically being in the North/Mid West a lot of its local wrestling tradition is built on a fusion of the Memphis style with the violent Detroit style and the classic pro wrestling as a sport style of Chicago and St. Louis). They have been dominant on the Edinburgh shows. Both men stand 6’10” and with the masks and outfits on they look almost identifical (which is probably the point). The Dog Soldiers were at a clear disadvantage here and they were really in their element as the underdog babyface duo. Monteiro took the heat of the match -- which started right from the beginning of the match. The Skyscrapers really worked on his back -- their offense was kept simple and big-man oriented. They didn’t leave their feet, they didn’t do anything that was hyper athletic. Instead, they slammed Monteiro. They walked on him/stood on him. They worked him over with a prolonged Camel Clutch and the fans bought into it. In truth, the Skyscrapers could probably use a manager -- someone to really take them to the next level, but they look like they could be an effective menacing duo. Monteiro made the big tag to Ace Youngblood when Skyscraper #2 tried to Back Drop Monteiro and he countered by using the momentum to send him into the corner for a diving tag that the people really liked. Monteiro came in with a warrior’s yell and let off a barrage of really fast chops. He really sent them reeling and when he came off the middle rope for a Second Rope Tomahawk Chop onto Skyscraper #1 -- who was trying to come into the ring illegally, it knocked the big man off his feet and to the outside. He then hit Skyscraper #2 with a Sunset Flip and got the three count!

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Dog Soldiers defeated The Skyscrapers in 9:19 when Ace Youngblood pinned Skyscraper #2 with a fast roll up. Dog Soldiers make defence number one of the CWI Tag Team.

Match History

AAa7N4B.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

RuupRFH.jpg

GRlIhg8.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgqG46qME.jpg

Esperanza Montero versus Ashley Keith ©

Ashley Keith had a big title defense up next against fellow multi-generational female talent, Espernaza Montero. Montero is the niece of Luis Montero Sr., cousin to Gino and Luis. Jr and is a very talented luchadora who earned this opportunity in a Six Woman Scramble in November. For the past year, Keith has been one of the most featured women on the roster. This was her third match putting the title on the line and the two women had great heat, but their styles didn’t seem to mesh. They just didn’t have the natural chemistry that one would hope for -- but the fans were into it nonetheless. Montero dominated the early match with a lot of quick offense -- including several Tilt-A-Whirl headscissors. As has become the norm for Ashley Keith, she took a powder out of the ring and argued with referee Kessie Lee Walker that Espernaza was doing something she wasn’t supposed to -- she was cheating somehow but Walker didn’t back down. Espernaza went for a suicide dive but on the dive, Keith lept up to drive an elbow into the temple of Montero and that changed the complexion of the match. Keith was able to go to work and focus on the knees of Montero -- taking away a lot of Montero’s high flying offense -- because her knees couldn’t support her weight or allow her to get any bounce. It was clinical from Keith and the crowd was really behind Esperanza. She tried to make the big comeback, but Ashley kicked the ropes out from under her and used a hair pull to pull Montero into a Proton Lock for the submission victory and third straight title defense.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Ashley Keith defeated Esperanza Montero in 21:54 by submission with a Proton Lock after blatantly cheating. Ashley Keith makes defence number three of the CWI Women's title.

Match Rating

l2eo5t7.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Six Man Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

yfcP8WA.jpg13LxkEX.jpgwCf7Az5.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

YU7OoC8.jpgyHITgNJ.jpgGJsFLgZ.jpg

Mr. Grappling, US Patriot, and Wild Red Stallion versus The Cadillac Four

What a match this was -- the Cadillac Four in six man action against Mr. Grappling, Wild Red Stallion, and the “rookie” US Patriot. The Cadillac three spent the early portion of the match complaining that US Patriot was Nate DeMacus -- who he does bear a physical resemblance to, but Nate was banned from CWI so it can’t be him. Grappling and Stallion and Patriot were a very physical trio and they brought a lot of power -- with Grappling looking like he has really been in the gym lately. Patriot was saved for most of the match with Grappling and Stallion doing the bulk of the work for the babyfaces. The Cadillac Four provided some good heel work -- isolating Grappling who took the bulk of the heat and working him over. Statler and Waldorf did the bulk of the work for their team, with Draper coming in for short bursts of offense. In the end, Patriot got the tag and came in with a bunch of offense that was very reminiscent of Nate DeMarcus -- including hitting a Snap Tackle on Dean Waldorf to get the victory for the babyfaces.

In a superb match, Mr. Grappling, US Patriot and Wild Red Stallion defeated The Cadillac Four (Dapper Danny Draper, Dean Waldorf and Marv Statler) in 13:40 when US Patriot pinned Dean Waldorf with a Snap Tackle.

Match Rating

Ik9C7k9.jpg

05TFh3q.png

<td>CRNGnMM.jpg

The pounding sound of war drums, Seminole war drums to be specific, starts to fill the Fountain Square theatre and the people rise. They know who this could be. The drums are loud and followed by a war cry and then the curtain is pushed aside and Nicky Champion steps out. He is dressed for combat. Dressed for war. His face is painted with his nose, mouth, and jaw white. His eyes and the center of his nose are painted a dark blue and the rest of his face is painted red in a traditional Seminole war paint. Nicky doesn’t paint his face often, but the man called Hawkeye is trying to convey to the fans that he is here for war. He is here for the war for his reputation, for his legacy, for his redemption.

The crowd is mostly cheering as Nicky begins the long walk to the ring -- but the cheers turn to boos.

dbsbaKr.jpg2cfwIcJ.jpgpi2WXKO.jpg

The Deverell Army blindsides Nicky from behind. Wolfie and Kalder doing most of the work as Zippy stands there, watching his two enforcers as they drop Nicky with a double clothesline. Nicky wasn’t expecting it and he stumbles forward. The Taggs are all over Nicky and he tries to fight back -- he throws some fists but the Taggs are big and mean and powerful and they kept on Nicky, but Nicky kept fighting back. What Nicky didn’t see was Zippy Deverell slipping the Coal Miner’s Glove on his hand. He blasted Nicky right in the back of the head and Nicky dropped forward and fell forward. Wolfie grabbed Nicky and turned him upside down as Kalder climbed onto the ring apron. He lept off of the apron. He drove NIcky down into the floor for a massive Spike Piledriver. Nicky laid motionless as Zippy slid into the ring. He yelled at CWI official Andre Lane to start the match, but Lane explained he couldn’t start the match because clearly Nicky Champion couldn’t compete. Zippy yelled and complained loud and said that if Nicky couldn’t get in the ring then he won by forfeit. He rolled out of the ring and yelled at ring announcer Taylor Gordy -- and with the Taggs there, they forced Taylor Gordy to announce Zippy Deverell winner by forfeit.

Angle Rating

5ejWPFe.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

[center05TFh3q.png

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

mXeiJhB.jpg

W7pNzDW.jpgmmWyz8z.jpg1bzWlKA.jpg

"The Bad Man" Warwick Good versus Funky Fedora ©

The main event of the evening pit Warwick Good, the former RIPW USA Champion against the reigning Mid American Champion, Funky Fedora. This was a first time match up between these two young up-and-coming stars who could be the stars of the sport in the future meeting here in Indianapolis. The crowd was really into this contest -- they love to boo Funky Fedora who has flourished in his role as the top heel in CWI. He’s gotten to channel the best of the Southern heels that used to dominate pro wrestling. He jawed with the fans. He worked slow and deliberate. Once he took control, he took his time -- and that really helped the match. These two men had plenty of time. This was definitely American style pro wrestling. Fedora worked the headlock for the bulk of the match -- he’s known for two moves that target the neck and he was trying to soften up the neck for this. He hit several Jumping Knee Drops on Good’s neck and good really sold the neck throughout the contest. Good’s comeback was big and physical. It was fitting of a man from Montana and what people have come to expect from the style that Montanaians have brought into wrestling. Good is a very solid brawler and technician and he got to showcase both of those skillsets here. He threw hands in the comeback and Fedora, with his bleached blonde hair, sold each shot like he was getting hit with rockets. Fedora took big bumps off of each shot. Good hit a series of rolling suplexes and then went for his trademark Face First Suplex but Fedora raked the eyes to get out of it and then hit a neckbreaker. He climbed to the top rope and came off with the Top Rope Knee Drop to setup the pinfall and the second successful defense of the Mid American Championship for Funky Fedora.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Funky Fedora defeated Warwick Good in 25:24 by pinfall with a Top Rope Knee Drop. Funky Fedora makes defence number two of the COTT Mid American title.

Match Rating

W82UlP3.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Overall Rating

SOu1Rx2.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

BSDR4iO.png

We continued our trend of successful spot shows in Edinburgh and Bloomington over January and leading up to the February Hoosier Hysteria/I]. After New Year Scramble, we were in Bloomington for Ladies Night.

Ladies Night was highlighted by the final CWI matches of Coco Malloy and Izzy Quick -- both of whom have accepted exclusive contracts with other organizations. It also saw the defense of the All-Action Championship as well as a Tag Team Title defense -- the last CWI appearance for Felicia Luck who signed an exclusive contract with CWA.

• Match One: In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Piper Hale defeated Coco Malloy in 8:10 by pinfall with a Danger Drop.

• Match Two: In a good match, Jessica Conroy defeated Izzy Quick in 11:51 by pinfall with a Marveliser.

• Match Three: In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Yvonne Ericks defeated Black Diamond in 22:15 by pinfall with a Mafia Kick. Yvonne Ericks makes defence number one of the CWI All Action title.

• After Yvonne Ericks successfully defended the All Action Championship, Talia Neema hit the ring and looked to attack Ericks, but Black Diamond stopped her -- which led to some intense discussions between Diamond and Neema..

• Main Event: In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Daughters of Lucha Libre defeated Deborah Young and Tameka Sky and The Bootcamp in 18:02; the order of elimination was Deborah Young and Tameka Sky first, and then The Bootcamp. Daughters of Lucha Libre win the CWI Women's Tag Team titles.

uoEa8xj.png

February started off with a trip to Edinburgh -- the second to last on the contract with Edinburgh for shows.

• Match One: In a terrible match, Roy Goodlooks defeated Jimmy Dillon in 7:06 by pinfall with a Southern Justice.

• Match Two: In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Victor Crash defeated Robin Leroy in 7:06 by pinfall with an Ice Backbreaker.

• The Ox Mastadon Body Slam Challenge came to Edinburgh. Flip Simkins tried and failed to bodyslam Ox and ended up getting the Ten Ton Splash.

• Match Three: In a terrible match, Porkchop Patterson defeated Tyrone Shearer in 7:27 by pinfall with a Running Bulldog.

• Match Four: In a terrible match, The Montgomery Family (Robert Montgomery Jr., Shawn Montgomery, Eric Montgomery and Kyle Montgomery) defeated Troy Paris, David Ward, AC King and Samuel Danzig in 11:12 when Robert Montgomery Jr. submitted Troy Paris.

• Main Event: In a decent match, Dapper Danny Draper defeated Gary Greer in 19:54 by pinfall with a D-Struction. Dapper Danny Draper makes defence number two of the CWI Indiana title.

uoEa8xj.png

February's Ladies Night was back in Bloomington -- the next to last one in Bloomington.

• Match One: In a terrible match, Lacey Montgomery defeated Vera Bull in 7:17 by pinfall with a Montgomery Driver.

• Sophie Steele cut a great promo about how she is tired of being scorned, of being left at the altar and being left looking for love -- tonight she's going to start her journey to love once again and the crowd was all over her..

• Match Two: In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Sophie Steele defeated Lorraine Bertrand in 6:06 by pinfall with a Hot Mess Express.

• Match Three: In a decent match, Bonnie Bogan and Mirai Kajahara drew with Piper Hale and Mad Millie Morgan in 8:07 following a double count out.

• Match Four: In a decent match, Frankie Carmello defeated Ruby Bloodstone in 14:44 by pinfall with a Triple Jump Moonsault.

• Talia Neema came to the ring in advance of the main event and warned Black Diamond to stay out of her way and out of the ring if she knew what was good for her.

• Main Event: In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Talia Neema and Jessica Conroy defeated Yvonne Ericks and Black Diamond in 21:40 when Talia Neema pinned Black Diamond with The Hieroglyph. During the match we also completed the full face turn of Black Diamond.

DQ9HiYG.png

I was actually thinking Champion should lose his first match from the storyline perspective but that it would be impossible due him probably walking out. Loss via angle is a clever way to do it even if it’s not an official match.

Champion alliance with the Dog Soldiers I’m sensing

nlKO1W0.png

Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis returns to the Fountain Square Theatre with a blockbuster lineup. In a match that has been a year in the making, Funky Fedora will finally challenge for the COTT World Heavyweight Championship as newly crowned World Champion Amazing Fire Fly makes his Indianapolis-area debut.

The Tag Team Titles are on the line as The Dynamite Express gets their contractually obligated rematch against the Dog Soldiers. The Women's Champion and the All Action Champion are each captaining a team, a victory for any woman in that eight-woman tag could have major championship implications.

Danny Draper defends the Indiana Championship against Jimmy Chipolata and so much more. Get your tickets today, you do not want to miss this show!

AXBDVWo.png

Saturday Week 3, February 2024

Live at the Fountain Square Theatre

Belltime 7:00 PM | Doors 6:30 PM

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

COTT World Heavyweight Championship

Funky Fedora versus Amazing Fire Fly ©

Tag Team Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

CWI Tag Team Championship

The Dynamite Express versus The Dog Soldiers ©

Eight Woman Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Yvonne Ericks, Black Diamond, Frankie Carmello, & Mirai Kajahara versus Ashley Keith, Talia Neema, Jessica Conroy, & Piper Hale

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Morgan Stryker versus "The Monolith" Tameka Sky

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

CWI Indiana Heavyweight Championship

Jimmy Chipolata versus "Dapper" Danny Draper ©

Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

The Manifesto versus Bred for Battle w/ Andrew Gibson

Opening Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

Warwick Good & The Texas Express versus Marcus English, Jason Patterson, & David Ward

Plus: Hear from Zippy Deverell, Nicky Champion, US Patriot and another installment of the Ox Mastadon Body Slam Challenge

DQ9HiYG.png

Live at the Fountain Square Theatre

Belltime 7:00 PM | Doors 6:30 PM

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Yvonne Ericks, Black Diamond, Frankie Carmello, & Mirai Kajahara versus Ashley Keith, Talia Neema, Jessica Conroy, & Piper Hale

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

Warwick Good & The Texas Express versus Marcus English, Jason Patterson, & David Ward

Predictions:

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

Tough luck losing more talent (especially the ladies), but it looks like you have some solid replacements you can build up

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Is this Fire Fly like the real world CZW Ants (I hope not). Just for the name of the Amazing Fire Fly, I’ll take the Funkster

Tag Team Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Any team with Express in the name is good by me

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Gotta go with the team with more name recognition

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Triple D all the way

Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

Good and The Tex-Express over the job squad

Plus: Hear from Zippy Deverell, Nicky Champion, US Patriot and another installment of the Ox Mastadon Body Slam Challenge

Looking forward to seeing how Nicky Champion responds and a gloating Zippy. Nothing like a good old fashion chicken-(bleep) heel, love it

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

I really like the whole Ox body slam challenge, reminds of the whole Big John Studd thing (I sure it was done prior to that, but that is the one that stands out to me.).

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

I don't have the game open, but IIRC Fire Fly has pretty high star quality. Not that it really matters much in this match but I am using that as a reason for my pick right here.

Tag Team Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Every single time I see Danny Draper, I automatically think Don Draper from Mad Men. What does this have to do with anything? Nothing at all.

Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Opening Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

I really like the whole Ox body slam challenge, reminds of the whole Big John Studd thing (I sure it was done prior to that, but that is the one that stands out to me.).

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

I don't have the game open, but IIRC Fire Fly has pretty high star quality. Not that it really matters much in this match but I am using that as a reason for my pick right here.

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Every single time I see Danny Draper, I automatically think Don Draper from Mad Men. What does this have to do with anything? Nothing at all.

I’m glad you like the body slam challenge. Big John Studd is the first one i remember too and I’m sure it was done in territorial wrestling prior to that but I haven’t seen any of it. It’s such a simple gimmick that I really love — it gets over two guys and is simple to execute. Everyone knows what the payoff is — it’s just building the anticipation to that payoff.

Fire Fly does have really high star quality and has turned in to a standout worker for CILL. This is my first time booking him in 2020 (I used him in some stuff i did in 2016) and it should be a barn burner.

I also think of Don Draper which is probably why I like Danny so much haha. I picture him wearing suits and drinking whiskey and smoking cigarettes and lying his ass off to people. Such a great wrestling heel.

Main Event]

Welcome back Herr! I hope you’ve been well.

Hoosier Hysteria 2024

<div style="padding: 10px; border: 0px solid #737373; margin:10px;background: #ffb61b; max-width:1000px;box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-position:center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:contain;"><table style="border: 5px solid #ffb61b; background: #737373; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-repeat:repeat-y;background-size:contain;background-position:center;"; cellpadding="5px"; frame="box"; width="100%"><tr valign="top">

<td>AXBDVWo.png

Live from the Fountain Square Theatre [indianapolis, Indiana, Great Lakes, USA]

123 people in attendance (a decrease of 12 fans from last show)

Commentators: Marv Earnest & Mark Hyatt

qSIrNZu.jpg?1aO4dY56.jpg

Earnest, “Hello everyone and welcome back to the Fountain Square Theatre for another exciting night of professional wrestling action as presented by Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis. Last month, we started 2024 off with a blockbuster show and we continue that momentum here tonight. The COTT World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line as Funky Fedora gets a match that has been a year in the making -- an opportunity to challenge for the World Championship. Will the reigning Mid American Champion become World Heavyweight Champion? Or will his night end in disappointment? We will find out tonight! And joining me to call all of this action, none other than my broadcast colleague, Mark Hyatt.”

Hyatt, “I’d say it’s a pleasure to be here, but my mother always taught me that you shouldn’t lie and I’m trying to abide by her teachings.”

Earnest, “ Well you are here and I’m excited to have you calling all of the action with me.

05TFh3q.png

<td>dbsbaKr.jpg

Zippy Deverell came walking down to the ring. He was all smiles. An over the top smile. He looks like a celebrating hero as he took the microphone from Taylor Gordy.

Deverell, “Last month, I did the thing that many wrestlers only lie in bed and dream about night after night. Last month, I achieved a milestone that is rare in this great sport. Last month, I beat Nicky Champion CLEAN.”

The crowd boos the outright lie.

Deverell, “I beat Nicky Champion when he had to forfeit because he’s a yellow-bellied coward who did not want to get in the ring and face the whoopin’ he had coming for him. As my Daddy used to say, he didn’t want to pick his own switch and Lord knows I was ready to be his switch -- but he didn’t want that. So he had to forfeit. He was SCARED of Zippy Deverell. He was scared of the whooping he was going to get. Scared of what he and I both knew were coming his way. He KNEW what I was going to do and he quit before it even started. I knew it. That’s what Nicky Champion really is. He’s a quitter. A rotten, yellow-bellied quitter and Nicky Champion I’m going to say this one time and one time only so pay attention - whereever you are when you hear this or see this I want you to pay close attention. If you mess with me again, you’re libel to get your birth certificate cancelled, you know what I’m saying?”

Deverell tossed the mic back out to Taylor Gordy and made his exit.

Angle Rating

6lnADbi.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

05TFh3q.png

Opening Match

Six Man Tag Team Match

W7pNzDW.jpgr0deLiz.jpg7FJXGZm.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

MT95rPy.jpgAFK1hMv.jpg0BF65Rk.jpg

The opening six man tag match was clearly designed to get the three babyfaces over. English and Patterson are both solid workers -- David Ward is developing but he’s still young and has years to go to build up the experience to hang with the other guys. It was a simple match without a lot of heat -- it was mostly all shine. The Express received big welcome with the World Tag Team Titles on their shoulders. The Texas Express hit several big tag team moves -- including a Double Flapjack. Warwick had some big offense too and was able to hit the Face First Suplex on David Ward to get the victory in what was a simple match designed to get the babyfaces over.

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Warwick Good and The Texas Express defeated Marcus English, Jason Patterson and David Ward in 9:40 when Warwick Good pinned David Ward with a Face First Suplex.

David Ward was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Match Rating

jzWA0v8.jpg

05TFh3q.png

<td>4oHBsBP.jpg

Nicky Champion comes out. He’s in street clothes and he’s moving gingerly. He takes a microphone.

Champion, “You know, it was right here last month… Since then a lot of people have told me, “I told you so. I told you it was going to happen.” And that’s fine. I don’t blame anybody for what happened other than myself. I’m only mad at myself. When I was at the drug store, trying to get some Tylenol and trying to get on my flight to go home, damn near crawlin’ through the airport my fans begged me to go to the hospital. They said “Come on Nicky, go to the hospital. You might have a broken neck. You might have a concussion.” And I said that I wouldn’t give Zippy Deverell the damn satisfication. See, it was my fault. It was my fault for believing that you were going to meet me in this ring man on man. It was my fault that I thought we could settle this like men. It was my fault for believing that you respected this great sport enough to settle whatever differences we may have in the ring. I was wrong. I was the fool. Shame on me. But you and your boys did what you did. You left me laying right there. You left me laying, bleeding from a Coal Miner’s Glove, your boys hit me with a Spike Piledriver… And now you come out to this ring and you claim victory. You claim victory by forfeit -- but I’m still standing Zippy. You made a critical mistake. You left me standing. You left me breathing. You left my heart beating. You didn’t finish the job and as long as there is a breath in my body and blood in my veins and a beat in my heart -- I’m going to keep coming for you. I wanted you tonight, but the COTT and CWI wouldn’t clear me. The Indiana State Athletic Commission wouldn’t bond me for a match tonight -- but next month.. March Madness V, it’s going to be you and me. One on one. If the match doesn’t make it to the ring, we’re both going to be fined twenty thousand dollars. I can afford that -- can you? It’s going to be me and you and I promise you, Zippy, I am going to make you regret what you and your goons did to me. Payback Zippy, payback, is going to be the ultimate hell.

Angle Rating

3Md1QR2.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

05TFh3q.png

Tag Team Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

YGxKm04.jpgUMnCj5R.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

h7OAb9p.jpg24CK4Wp.jpgxuZwatk.jpgqYmW8S4.jpg

The second match was a tag team match between two teams that are expected to be in the fifth annual March Madness tournament. The Manifesto is a young team made up of Bobby Marks and Jamar Lennon. Marks and Lennon played college football for the University of Texas (Hook ‘em Horns) and went through the TCW training camp before turning pro [with their friend Gary Greer]. They weren’t offered contracts though as TCW felt they had enough guys in developmental and after a couple of years of looking for consistent work, they were given the opportunity to come into CWI. They are two big, athletic wrestlers and they made good opponents for Bred for Battle. The former World Tag Team Champions looked great here in what was a solid, very physical match up. Neither team took a lot of bumps. This was the clash of four big bulls and the audience was into seeing them smash into one another. They liked seeing them stagger around -- but this was the second straight match that didn’t feature a traditional formulat/format. This was a straight back and forth match. Bred for Battle was clearly trying to get the Manifesto over -- they were giving them more offense than they give most teams -- Dreadnought even took a bump (he bumps very little) for the Manifesto -- but ultimately, Bred for Battle took control and Dreadnought and James Diaz worked over both men. Diaz hit a really nasty barrage of knee strikes and Dreadnought ended up hitting the Dread Splash, Vader Bomb, to get the win in a match that was more competitive than people predicted.

In a decent match, Bred for Battle defeated The Manifesto in 8:53 when Dreadnought pinned Jamar Lennon with a Dread Splash.

In terms of in-ring work, James Diaz was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Match Rating

5etM6Na.jpg

05TFh3q.png

<td>13LxkEX.jpg

The masked “rookie” US Patriot came walking to the ring. The fans all worked with Patriot, as if they don’t know who is under the mask.

Patriot, “Last month, Funky Fedora came out here and he accused me of being Nate DeMarcus under a mask. Now I am flattered. I really am. Nate DeMarcus is my favorite wrestler. I grew up in Rhode Island just like Nate DeMarcus and I went to school in Baltimore when Nate DeMarcus was wrestling in Mid Atlantic Wrestling. He’s such a great wrestler. And Funky Fedora did him dirty -- and CWI has given me the opportunity to follow in Nate’s footsteps as a professional wrestler. But I am not Nate -- I’m just a fan of his and Funky, I will get revenge on you for the way you cheated Nate out of his job here. That doesn’t sit right by me and it doesn’t sit right by these great fans. It’s not the way we’re supposed to do things and you will pay for it!”

Angle Rating

T8HPE4s.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

05TFh3q.png

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

3XMStyp.jpg

6te35Sa.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgYU7OoC8.jpg

Jimmy Chipolata has gotten a couple of wins under his belt since coming to CWI and was rewarded with a championship opportunity here against Danny Draper. The well-dressed, well-groomed Draper looked like he could have been a mad man in the 50’s selling cigarette ads. This was a solid match and was the first match of the night to really feature a traditional structure. Chipolata shined in the beginning of the match, showcasing some speed and slick technique that had caught Rich Money’s eyes when Chipolata had gotten signed. He has a lot of potential. He was a step quicker than Draper at every turn and a frustrated Draper resorted to using a handful of hair to cut Chipolata off and get control of the match. Draper’s offense was simple, the kind of offense you would expect from a DeColt grad. It was physical but simple. He didn’t do anything that was hard to pull off, everything was fundamentally sound and believable. Draper worked forearms and open-handed strikes. Chipolata sold well and tried to stay alive. Chipolata took a big bump off a backdrop that was the biggest bump of the match, but then Chipolata made his comeback that was full of dropkicks. Draper took bumps off of each one of them and the crowd was really getting into it when…

QXbwz0V.jpg

Lucinda Lush, dressed differently than what we’re used to her seeing. Before, she had been dressed like she was spending her nights out at the club and what not, but here she was dressed more like an executive. She came to the ring and hopped up onto the apron to distract Jimmy Chipolata from being able to execute anything forward. Referee Bret Graveson told her to get off the apron and she did, but then Chipolata turned around and Draper was able to seize control and hit the D-Struction to get the pinfall and his third successful title defense.

In a decent match, Dapper Danny Draper defeated Jimmy Chipolata in 16:24 by pinfall with a D-Struction after Lucinda Lush interfered. Dapper Danny Draper makes defence number three of the CWI Indiana title.

Match Rating

c0E0O1b.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

cFN1npk.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgx3d9mee.jpg

Stryker and Tameka Sky were up next in what was a very physical match up. Sky is on her way out of CWI -- as is Deborah Young. That’s why they didn’t end up winning the Women’s Tag Team Titles. The big Sky was very active in this match. She took several big bumps off of Stryker’s well, strikes. Stryker tossed Sky around like no one before her. It was a showcase of Stryker’s judo and CWI was clearly trying to rebuild Stryker after her loss to Ashley Keith. They want to establish her as a lethal competitor and with Sky leaving, she was the one who got to establish her. The crowd was amazed as Stryker controlled Sky for the vast majority of the match. This wasn’t what they were expecting. It was almost like a squash match. Sky did have some offense -- but not much. Stryker ended up hitting a Morote Seoi Nage to get the victory.

In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Morgan Stryker defeated Tameka Sky in 8:44 by pinfall.

Match Rating

W82UlP3.jpg

05TFh3q.png

<td>aO4dY56.jpg

As has become the custom in CWI, Mark Hyatt rises from his commentary seat and moves into the ring with a microphone. As always, he holds the bag of money that someone could win.

Hyatt, “Ladies and gentleman, it’s time for the most exciting moment of the night. It’s time for the Ox Mastadon Body Slam Challenge -- but for this to happen we need the man who can’t be slammed. We need Ox Mastadon. So big man, come on down.”

BQIPzLC.jpg

The big man came out as he was requested. He was snarling like normal. He made moves for several of the fans in the audiences. He climbed into the ring. Ox looked around as Hyatt continued.

Hyatt, “Who will it be? Who back there wants to try their hand at bodyslamming Ox Mastadon? Who wants to try and fail? Don’t be shy.”

The crowd waited to see who it would be, but they didn’t have to wait long.

DUV2vbh.jpg

“Misissippi Muscle” Adam MacDonald came walking out. The big man from Tupelo, Mississippi came out. He looked as big and strong as ever and Mark Hyatt looked worried as the big youngster came down to the ring. He climbed into the ring and was ready to try and slam Ox -- but Mark kept making excuses. He kept delaying it before finally stepping back so Adam could make his attempt. Adam reached down and lifted Ox straight up into the air and slammed the big man down and the people exploded because Adam Macondald had just slammed Ox Mastadon and was due $15,000. Adam held out his hand for the money as Ox rolled to the corner and looked stunned. Mark Hyatt looked like he was going to cry.

Hyatt, “Hold on.. Just hold on for a minute.”

Hyatt held up a hand to pause MacDonald.

Hyatt, “I forgot to mention the fine print… You had to slam Ox… and then beat him in a match…”

Ox came from behind and clotheslined Adam MacDonald as Hyatt got out of the ring and waved for a referee to come down, and Andre Lane came hustling down to the ring and we have a match!

l2eo5t7.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

05TFh3q.png

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

DUV2vbh.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgBQIPzLC.jpgxuZwatk.jpgaO4dY56.jpg

“Misissippi Muscle” Adam MacDonald versus Ox Mastadon w/ Mark Hyatt

As promised, we went right into an impromptu match between Ox and Adam. Adam wasn’t even in his ring gear -- he was just wearing workout clothes. Ox was on the attack right from the beginning. Big, power offense. News leaked just before this show that Ox had signed an exclusive written deal with NYCW and would be leaving CWI, so Ox didn’t get a lot of offense in. Adam MacDonald made a big comeback. His comeback was simple. Three punches -- with Ox taking a bump on the third one. Ox came back up and got shot off into the ropes and when Ox came back he ate a big boot that he took another bump on. Ox stumbled back to his feet and ate a second bodyslam. Adam backed up so that Ox could get to his feet. Ox stumbled around and Adam hit Ox with a Blindside Pounce. Ox took a spinning bump off of it (think the Rikishi spinning clothesline bump) and then Adam got the pin and grabbed the bag of fifteen thousand dollars.

In an extremely short match, Adam MacDonald defeated Ox Mastadon in 3:56 by pinfall with a Blindside Pounce.

Match Rating

Jrg5kVb.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Thirty Minute Time Limit

q32tOPo.jpgvvrI1zC.jpgohD1sNU.jpgnqgBEsI.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

qG46qME.jpgbU1IQXb.jpgScgDpUo.jpgRSnbFHa.jpg

The CWI Women’s Champion and the CWI All Action Champion were captains of their own teams here. This was filled with names and stories and feuds. Neema and Diamond, the former allies who had finally broken apart. Kajahara and Hale, the two violent brawlers looking to establish superiority over one another. Conroy, a relative newcommer to CWI trying to establish herself as a major player. Carmello, the talented Colombian grappler trying to break out from the pack. Ericks and Keith, the two singles champions trying to prove that one is better than the other. The crowd was interested in all the different stories that were woven together throughout the match -- the first big portion of that came with Kajahara and Hale ended up brawling to the back and taking each other out of the match. Diamond hit Neema with a huge Belly to Belly and Neema was out of it, but then Conroy took Diamond out and Carmello and Conroy took each other out and the last few minutes were just Ericks versus Keith. The two champions really went at one another -- Keith was controlling Ericks until Ericks was able to reverse a suplex attempt. With the distance created, Ericks was able to launch and hit a Mafia Kick to get the pinfall victory over the Women’s Champion.

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Frankie Carmello, Mirai Kajahara, Black Diamond and Yvonne Ericks defeated Ashley Keith, Talia Neema, Piper Hale and Jessica Conroy in 20:30 when Yvonne Ericks pinned Ashley Keith with a Mafia Kick.

Match Rating

F6ShEQl.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Tag Team Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

wEHCd01.jpgwEHCd01.jpg

K9PRsaA.jpgkGwolZw.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

BRIVVCX.jpg5uZHL0H.jpg

The semi final match was a rematch from October when the Dog Soldiers finally won the Tag Team Titles. The Express stated in December that they were going to get this match here and they did. This was a classic tag team match and the crowd was really into this. Both teams really know how to work the crowd and they did so here. The Dog Soldiers came out early and controlled the match. Ace and Roger worked like a classic babyface tag team that didn’t have a lot of size. While a team like The Manifesto was all power and impact offense, The Dog Soldiers were smoother. They worked quick tags at the start of the match and were really focused on the arm of Syd Collier. After several minutes of shine, Collier ended up raking the eyes of roger Moneiro and that created the opening for the Express to seize control. Colier made the tag and the two men began to work over Roger Monteiro -- focusing on the smaller man’s knee. They wanted to take Monteiro’s ability to go airborn as well as his speed. It was straightforward offense, but it was the kind of perfect team offense that have made the Express so successful. They wrapped Monteiro’s knee around the ring post several times. They came off the second rope onto it. They worked a Spinning Toe Hold and a Knee Bar and Monteiro was really in a world of hurt. Monteiro sold his knee beautifully. Everytime he got to his feet, he acted like he couldn’t put any weight on his left knee. Everything the Dynamite Express did ended up back with them on his knee. It was great use of old school target-a-limb style. The tags in and out were frequent so that the Express could use a lot of double team moves. Monteiro kept trying to fight back, to fight out of the control and several times he came close to making the tag, but the Express were always able to cut him off. One time it looked like Monteiro was about to make the tag, but Collier came in the ring illegaly and distracted Andre Lane, which allowed Cam Jones to dropkick Ace Youngblood off the apron and then pull something out of his tights that he punched Monteiro with. Lane turned around and Cam Jones had the cover and we had new Tag Team Champions.

In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, The Dynamite Express defeated Dog Soldiers in 18:48 when Cam Jones pinned Roger Monteiro after using a foreign object. The Dynamite Express win the CWI Tag Team.

Match Rating

Ik9C7k9.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

IqXaaRD.jpg

1bzWlKA.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgpuH9bt1.jpg

The main event of the evening was worth the price of admission. The World’s Heavyweight Championship was on the line. It was the name on the marquee. It was what the show was built towards. Funky Fedora challenging for the World’s Championship. Luchador Amazing Fire Fly is a sensational luchadore and continues the COTT tradition of elevating luchadores to a higher plateau on the international stage. Fedora controlled most of the match -- the challenger trying to become World Champion. He pulled out every trick he knew. He focused on the neck of Fire Fly and the smaller luchador sold every Fedora move like he was in serious jeopardy. Fedora hit his neckbreaker several times and several grounded knee droips into the neck of Fire Fly. He worked a rear chin lock that was being used to actually try and win the match. Everything Fedora did was setting up him trying to win. He had found and extra gear. Fire Fly started a big comeback. One built around speed and flying and springboards -- including a wicked Springboard Stunner that laid out Funky for a near fall. He hit a Springboard Moonsault -- and sold the impact. It was incorporating big spots but selling them. Taking time between them. Because if a man drives his body into another man -- it should hurt both. Fire Fly climbed to the outside of the ring and he springboarded back into the ring and drove his knee into Funky Fedora’s temple and got another near fall. Fire Fly pulled Fedora back up to try and hit him with another big move, but Fedora went to the eyes. He clawed at them and lifted Amazing Fire Fly up and brought him down with a big brainbuster. Fedora clibmed to the top rope. He was looking for his Knee Drop, but he was distracted by…

13LxkEX.jpg

US Patriot! The rookie stood on the entry way. He didn’t walk down to the ring. He didn’t do anything to interfere, but he distracted Fedora long enough for Fire Fly to get back to his feet and hit a Head Scissors off the top rope. Fedora laid prone as Fire Fly went to the sky and leapt off, it was Sky High Fire Fly. The impact sent Amazing Fire Fly back into the air a bit, clutching at his ribs before he made the cover and got the three count and successfully defended his championship.

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Amazing Fire Fly defeated Funky Fedora in 25:03 by pinfall with a Sky High Fire Fly after a distraction from US Patriot. Amazing Fire Fly makes defence number two of the COTT World Heavyweight title.

Match Rating

SOu1Rx2.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Overall Rating

E22s8si.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

ZJYKOFl.jpg?1Hi0PgmM.jpgqmrwVsm.jpgTiIkT9w.jpgqYmW8S4.jpgaO4dY56.jpgsnF1S53.jpg

I looked around the table at my team. I had assembled a good, reliable team. A team that was helping me navigate the waters of pro wrestling promotion. We had officially risen in rankings according to the Pro Wrestling Reporter and that was good. We had worked hard to rise in size. We had promoted over 100 shows. We had dealt with being under siege from most of the other companies in North America. We had lost more women -- Tameka and Deborah were both gone. Ashley would be leaving in April at the end of her deal to go work exclusively for Farrah. I was tired of fighting battles on every front. It was hard. Sam and Rip and Stomper had never told me about this part. They forgot to mention what it was like to have your plans ripped out from under you because someone got poached. They forgot to mention the frustration, the anger, the confusion. All of it. I looked around the table. Rick had the floor.

Sanders, “It’s time to expand the March Madness tournament.”

I looked at him. We had talked about it in the past. It was one of those ideas we had kicked around as a possibility. Growing the tournament. “Are you sure?” I asked.

He nodded. “Yeah. We just grew in size. We’re about to move our spot shows to St. Louis. We have an opportunity to really push tag team wrestling. To make it mean something. Who else is doing tag tournaments in North America? CWA? Their tournament is good but not great. Doesn’t bring anybody in. Just uses the guys they’ve got. That’s not a big enough deal. Sam has been doing one for years and it is good but it’s eight teams. No one is doing sixteen teams. No one is doing it like the old territory tournaments that lost a whole month. That take up multiple shows.”

Mark Hyatt ran a hand threw his hair and he looked from me to him. “You want to run multiple shows for the tournament? In addition to our spot shows?”

Rick nodded. It was what we had talked about. Mark looked at Andrew. They handled venue booking outside of the Fountain Square Theatre.

“Well f*ck me, Rick. You didn’t want to give us some notice we needed to book extra buildings?” Mark said exasperatedly.

Rick laughed. “I’ve already booked them.”

“You booked them?” Andrew chimed in.

“Yeah.” Rick said like it was the most normal thing in the world.

“How many extra shows are we going to run?” Bret Graveson, who was now my senior referee and drove the ring truck and led the ring set up for spotshows.”

“Three.” Rick said. I had let him take the lead on this tournament -- I didn’t realize he was already so far ahead of where I thought we were.

“You know who we’re bringing in?” Grace asked as Bret pulled a notebook out of his pockets.

“And when are we running?” He chimed in.

Rick held up his hands. “It’s all in the papers I gave you. We’re going to run two first round shows and then one second round show. That’s three extra shows. The semi-finals and finals will be at our normal March Madness event, so there aren’t any extra tag matches there. Ten of the sixteen teams come from us. Six come from the outside. We’re bringing in Kurt and Brandon. Akima and Toma. Big Rhino and Machine. Ash and Zach from IPW and Evil Intent from Mexico.”

“Can we afford that?” Grace asked and Rick laughed.

“Probably not.” He said. “But we should be experiencing more advertising and more ticket sales and if it goes off like I think it’s going to go off, it’s going to be great for our business. It’s going to help get us going for what comes next. It’s going to allow us to tell all sorts of stories that we haven’t been able to tell so far.”

“So sixteen teams?” Grace asked again and finally, I chimed in.

“Yeah. Sixteen. Three extra shows. We’re going to make it work. We have to make it work.”

There was silence around the table for a long moment and finally, Taylor Gordy spoke up. "So when can I release the brackets and schedule?"

I grinned. This was a good team. We were finally picking up some momentum.

BSDR4iO.png

We can officially announce the brackets for the fifth annual March Madness tournament. As always, the winners will receive a Tag Team Title shot. This is the largest March Madness tournament in history as it expands from eight teams to sixteen teams and three additional nights.

Ten teams from CWI will compete against six teams from outside of CWI for the brand new March Madness trophies and the title shot. The tournament also features former winners Bred for Battle, returning to the tournament, and Texan Justice -- last year's winners looking to repeat as winners. Ace Youngblood continues to make history as he competes in his fifth straight March Madness tournament.

Which team will win? Which team will etch their names on the record books and on the trophies?

EPBDsiE.jpg?1

The schedule for this month:

Tuesday, Week One of March -- March Madness Round One Night One

Wednesday, Week One of March -- The Final Edinburgh Show

Tuesday, Week Two of March -- March Madness Round One Night Two

Thursday, Week Two of March -- Final Ladies Night in Bloomington

Tuesday, Week Three of March -- March Madness Round Two

Saturday, Week Three of March -- March Madness Event

Make sure you come out to all of CWI's shows this month. You don't want to miss ANY of the CWI action.

DQ9HiYG.png