[RELEASE] Real World Chronicles 2024

<p>The NJPW World Broadcaster seems to be a bit too small in size/coverage. For Dominion (one of the biggest shows in the NJPW calendar) I've had around 10.000 subscriptions when in reality NJPW World has around 100.000 subscriptions.</p><p> </p><p>

Two things I suggest:</p><p>

- increase size, especially in Japan</p><p>

- set coverage to everywhere in the world (no reason for some areas not being able to subscribe). I live in Central Europe and I can subscribe to NJPW World.</p><p> </p><p>

Would increasing the size of the network generate too much income for NJPW and thus throw off financial balance in the game?</p>

Really good, comprehensive work, Quest. I'm loving my New Japan save. Can't begin to imagine how much time went into this first pass at RWC for 2020.

Just had a match between Birds of Prey and ACH/Mike Bailey, and Bailey came out of it with a brain tumor. Went into the editor and noticed that particular injury had been set to in ring and frequently. Probably a bad convert and/or oversight! I'll keep an eye out for any other oddities like that.

Edit: actually looking at all the injuries, it seems like everything is set to frequently. I assume that wasn't intended? Would hate to lose half my roster in the G1 to things like Family Death and Coma-Inducing Parasite.

The NJPW World Broadcaster seems to be a bit too small in size/coverage. For Dominion (one of the biggest shows in the NJPW calendar) I've had around 10.000 subscriptions when in reality NJPW World has around 100.000 subscriptions.

Two things I suggest:

- increase size, especially in Japan

- set coverage to everywhere in the world (no reason for some areas not being able to subscribe). I live in Central Europe and I can subscribe to NJPW World.

Would increasing the size of the network generate too much income for NJPW and thus throw off financial balance in the game?

I've been wary of increasing the size of streaming services, but after more testing it should be relatively harmless for NJPW. I was worried about pop gains and finances when I reduced the size, but considering the current OP state of broadcasters, there's probably very little difference between the effect of 10k subs and 100k subs.

Really good, comprehensive work, Quest. I'm loving my New Japan save. Can't begin to imagine how much time went into this first pass at RWC for 2020.

Just had a match between Birds of Prey and ACH/Mike Bailey, and Bailey came out of it with a brain tumor. Went into the editor and noticed that particular injury had been set to in ring and frequently. Probably a bad convert and/or oversight! I'll keep an eye out for any other oddities like that.

Edit: actually looking at all the injuries, it seems like everything is set to frequently. I assume that wasn't intended? Would hate to lose half my roster in the G1 to things like Family Death and Coma-Inducing Parasite.

I noticed this yesterday as well and got a good chuckle when I checked the injuries in the editor. I can only assume the converter decided to set everything to frequent for whatever reason. In the next update I'll be replacing them all.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tryker2710" data-cite="tryker2710" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47535" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Gotta go with Ontario, both for the fact the company is technically based there, and also since NXT, AEW, MLW and NWA are all companies around IMPACT's size already based in the South East I feel like that area could just get very congested</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They really just shouldn't be run as a Canadian company though, it alters a lot of how the game works considering they are still very much an American company. They just have headquarters in Can, that's it. They already ever run shows there, or use Canadian talent. Just thinking of how the game works, there is no point to them being based in Canada.</p>

hello!

is there also a list of the workers you deleted from the database from the last to the current version?

#GeorgesKhoukaz

;)

Just Josh Bredl I think. I know I forgot last time but Khoukaz will be in next time, you have my word :p

Not sure if this happening to just me but the texts in the contracts seem to have corrupted.

For example Booker T should say 'he's an 11 time WCW Tag Team Champion' but it actually says something like 'hea£tms an 11 time WCW Tag Team Champion'. There are tons of other examples of this, just thought I would check if it's something that can be fixed?

EDIT: I figured it out, it was a BETA uni-code setting that Windows 10 uses which I had to disable.

Wow im blown away by this mod. Playing NXT and just the womens division alone is so deep... so many wrestlers I didnt know were on the roster, I love it. Thank you for this! How are call ups btw? Im 2 months in and haven't had one call up.

EDIT: Just had Breezango leave actually.

Started my first TEW 2020 save with this mod and I have to say it has everything I loved from the 2016 Fleisch updates and then some. Keep up the good work :).

If I may, I'll leave some suggestions of wrestlers which I would love to be added to the database:

Shawn Kemp (one half of IFHY with Johnathan Wolf, who is already in the db)

Treehouse Lee

Calvin Tankman

Benjamin Carter

Oswald Project

Lee Moriarty

Daniel Garcia (one half of Black Death)

Kevin Blackwood (one half of Black Death)

Sorry if some are already in, I must've missed them. Thanks again for all the hard work!

Just Josh Bredl I think. I know I forgot last time but Khoukaz will be in next time, you have my word :p

and my beloved sara lee ;)

that sounds pretty pretty good!

the july version will be the foundation of my long long long time save.

i'm really looking forward.

do you think, you will have most things that you have planned

done for the july release?

thank you very much for your endless effort!!!

Wow im blown away by this mod. Playing NXT and just the womens division alone is so deep... so many wrestlers I didnt know were on the roster, I love it. Thank you for this! How are call ups btw? Im 2 months in and haven't had one call up.

EDIT: Just had Breezango leave actually.

Yeah I'm not sure why it's Breezango every time but thankfully I've got it to where NXT doesn't just get raided straight away. Long term once you see guys getting more over or if Vince dies (quite common in TEW) there will likely be more though.

and my beloved sara lee ;)

that sounds pretty pretty good!

the july version will be the foundation of my long long long time save.

i'm really looking forward.

do you think, you will have most things that you have planned

done for the july release?

thank you very much for your endless effort!!!

I don't think I'll be 100% done especially now I've been sent back to work but I've already made good progress in getting the rosters up to date and event schedules are nearly done. Broadcasters I'm going to leave for a bit because I expect they'll get affected by the next few patches, but they shouldn't be too much work.

Tl;dr: yeah, July will be in a very good place. Keep those suggestions and fixes coming guys, it helps a lot. :D

Something super minor but Larry D in Impact is nearly 20 years in-ring experience but his actual experience stat is like 2. I assume this is the case for a lot of people since the experience seems to just do whatever it wants upon conversion but he's one I spotted while messing about with stuff.

Also Penelope Ford and Kip Sabian are engaged rather than just dating.

Great work on this mod, it's my favourite real world one by far right now.

Suggestions etc.:

Quinn McKay is missing from Ring of Honor. She hosts the highlights show with Ian Riccaboni and can wrestle too.

Cary Silkin of Ring of Honor is 46 years of age according to the data, but is actually 60 (born November 15th, 1959).

Kelly Klein is still out with severe concussion, it could be on purpose but perhaps she has been overlooked as I know that you plan to overhaul the unemployed soon! Perhaps Klein will be apart of that, too.

Sumie Sakai turned heel this year and should (probably) have an Old School Heel gimmick.

Nicole Savoy has been in ROH quite a few times in 2020 (had some form of feud with Sumie Sakai) prior to the WOH Championship tournament, I wouldn't have her on one-month left of her contract, unlike the other competitors.

I'd say that Dalton Castle is a face again now, his short-lived heel turn never really worked. His tag-team partner Joe Hendry is also down as a heel, but he is a face at the moment.

Interesting that Villain Enterprises are down as heels, I thought they were still face, personally (I know ROH can be hard to decipher with their faces/heels).

Caprice Coleman is down as a heel, but his most recent actions against Bully Ray suggestions that he is a face. He does go against Riccaboni a lot on commentary but overall I would say he is a fair colour guy. I would change him to face.

Nick Aldis doesn't have a photo in ROH

Rhett Titus is listed as a heel with a ladies man gimmick, but since last year at last, he has been a face. I'd probably give him an old school face gimmick.

''The Mecca'' Brian Johnson isn't on the roster (or data I believe). He has started to feature more prominently in the company in 2020. Once added, it would be worth putting him in as a team with PJ Black - but with very minimal experience.

Personally I feel Shane Taylor could do with a general boost, I feel like as time has gone on, especially in the last year and a half, he has become a good talent for ROH. He is better on the mic than 47 too, in my opinion.

Vicky Haskins is missing from the ROH roster, I feel it could be good to add her as she has been involved before, especially during Mark Haskins' feud with Bully Ray last year.

I think Don Callis' microphone skills could do with being upped.

I can't find Destro, so I presume he isn't in the game. I think he would be good to have in the game. He has appeared with PCO in ROH in the past (most notably Final Battle '19).

TK O'Ryan isn't on the ROH roster and I can't find anywhere that he was released (unless I'm missing something). He is still on the roster on their website. He cut a promo late last year where he announced he'd be taking time off due to injuries/concussions. Perhaps it's not worth adding the injury now, since 7 months have passed but it's subjective. It goes without saying that he needs to be re-added as a face after that promo (

).

I don't know what the situation is with ROH referee's as I can only seem to find Todd Sinclair. If memory serves correct from the events I've seen so far this year, they must hire referee's on the night? Paul Turner was the only significant other one that I remember, but he of course signed for AEW.

Hopefully this helps you out ahead of the July release, in the meantime I'll see if I notice any other errors/adjustments that could be made. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Played for over a year in game time now - through to August 2021, and its been awesome so far thanks so much. My first playthrough has been Shimmer.

One thing i have seen alot of is the copious amounts of retirements - in some workers its understandable as their physical condition degrades and their matches get worse, but there's some still having good matches and condition over 80 that just seem to retire when they hit 38-40- Shayna baszler retired in April 2021.

Is this something with TEW where it retires on ages or can anything be tweaked to let some hang on in, as we are seeing people staying active into their 40's these days.

Not sure if it is the same for the mens side of things, since i am primarily after female workers.

Played for over a year in game time now - through to August 2021, and its been awesome so far thanks so much. My first playthrough has been Shimmer.

One thing i have seen alot of is the copious amounts of retirements - in some workers its understandable as their physical condition degrades and their matches get worse, but there's some still having good matches and condition over 80 that just seem to retire when they hit 38-40- Shayna baszler retired in April 2021.

Is this something with TEW where it retires on ages or can anything be tweaked to let some hang on in, as we are seeing people staying active into their 40's these days.

Not sure if it is the same for the mens side of things, since i am primarily after female workers.

#11 Report Post

Old 06-08-2020, 10:36 AM

Forum Mod

Send a message via MSN to Derek B

I think I've written this message for the last couple of TEWs, so time to write it again.

There is no difference in the code between men and women when it comes to retiring. The factors that go into retirement are the same, which include ;

Retirement Age

Overness

Employment

Attributes *NEW*

Being In Year 1

The Cornellverse

As we all know, workers will retire when they hit their retirement age, which is modelled on a bell curve with the majority of people hitting between about 35 and 42. The full range is 25 to 65, while other age related factors like Maturity ( up to 30), Decline (from 30) and relevancy (from 45) are other factors. So while many ppeople would expect someone to be in decline before they retire, the system is set up deliberately so that people could retire while still very much on the rise. Regardless of gender.

People who have gained a high degree of overness (and therefore earning potential) will choose to stick around longer because they can make money.

People who currently have a well paying job will also stick around longer. Someone with a bunch of guaranteed money, working for a major company will stick around longer too.

One thing that can modify this very deliberately are the new attributes for "Wrestling In The Blood" and "Outside Interests", which will see people either stay longer of leave sooner if you have them set.

If someone has stuck around beyond their retirement age due to the above factors, the likelihood of them retiring next year will increase a little. So factors for reasons to stay working/making moiney become less important over time. The further someone gets beyond their retirement age, the more likely they are to retire.

The reason we see so may retirements specifically in year 1 is that there are a bunch of people who could potentially have rolled retirement numbers where they should have retired this year, last year, the year before etc.... with very little time (12 months) for any of those workers to change their base situation that means you will always see more retirements in the first year as the game balances itself out around this.

And the reason that WOMEN retire so early in the Cornellverse and in real world mods? There are very few women who are over enough for that to be a factor in them sticking around. There are very few older women active in any companies big enough to count as major, so that doesn't stop them retiring. Most people are playing converted mods so attributes won't be used yet to encourage people to stick around long. And so as a result, it often looks like women are retiring younger.... in reality, they just don't have a reason to stick around so they retire at the ages they've hit. And with so many more employment opporunities for men in most mods, they tend to have more reasons to stick around.

Which brings me back to a last thought... when so many women's workers do retire early, if you have regens on that means a whole generation is about to debut in a year too. And there is a lot off freshly retired talent out there who could make a return through the Talk To Worker feature too if you grow your company. In the Cornellverse that hopefully makes for a lot of potential for a women's revolution.

This is from Derek B. Women retire earlier typically as their work has historically been undervalued once they neared their 30s a few decades ago and their 40s until very recently. There are exceptions but as things stand without good overness and solid work women are just systemically predisposed to retiring due to lower general popularity and lower levels of employment which is especially true for the unemployed AAA veterans in this year's C-verse

This is from Derek B. Women retire earlier typically as their work has historically been undervalued once they neared their 30s a few decades ago and their 40s until very recently. There are exceptions but as things stand without good overness and solid work women are just systemically predisposed to retiring due to lower general popularity and lower levels of employment which is especially true for the unemployed AAA veterans in this year's C-verse

Thanks for this, this explains the rash of retirements in the first year im experiencing overall and the potential retirement issues forthe female workers. Really useful to know, i just need to get on with getting them over now :)

Shayna Bazler is from MMA,

for me it makes sense she'd retire from Pro Wrestling.

Try a watcher game. Advance 2-3 years check if she retires again.

I kinda like the random events from TEW.

In my 04 Game Jericho goes on tour all the time, makes it difficult for me to have him more than a midcard because of this.