Community Modding Discussion Thread

Download the databases. Pick 1 as the base and import stuff from the other 2 in the correct order (that info is about)

Been thinking of doing this myself. I remember seeing the information on the correct order to do this but for the life of me can't remember where and have not been able to locate it! HELP!!!

Been thinking of doing this myself. I remember seeing the information on the correct order to do this but for the life of me can't remember where and have not been able to locate it! HELP!!!

This is from the RWC+ thread and the most complete IIRC:

Import These First! (Exact order)

1. Moves
  2. Movesets
  3. Workers
  4. Companies
  5. Events
  6. Titles (If you wanna download Titles+ and/or Titles+ Awards Edition database, then this is where you bust it out and import it. Ignore all the other categories on that.)
  7. Training Facilities
  8. TV Shows
  9. Broadcasters
  10. Broadcasting Deals

Then Import These! (No exact order here)

1. Alliance Members
  2. Alter Egos
  3. Company Relationships
  4. Match Types
  5. Chemistry
  6. Graduates
  7. Venues and Locations
  8. Tag Teams
  9. Stables
  10. Worker Relationships

1. Moves
  2. Movesets
  3. Workers
  4. Companies
  5. Events
  6. Titles (If you wanna download Titles+ and/or Titles+ Awards Edition database, then this is where you bust it out and import it. Ignore all the other categories on that.)
  7. Training Facilities
  8. TV Shows
  9. Broadcasters
  10. Broadcasting Deals

1. Alliance Members
  2. Alter Egos
  3. Company Relationships
  4. Match Types
  5. Chemistry
  6. Graduates
  7. Venues and Locations
  8. Tag Teams
  9. Stables
  10. Worker Relationships

Thank you so much!

1. Moves
  2. Movesets
  3. Workers
  4. Companies
  5. Events
  7. Training Facilities
  8. TV Shows
  9. Broadcasters
  10. Broadcasting Deals

1. Alliance Members
  2. Alter Egos
  3. Company Relationships
  4. Match Types
  5. Chemistry
  6. Graduates
  7. Venues and Locations
  8. Tag Teams
  9. Stables
  10. Worker Relationships

You forgot media groups and broadcaster changes. You need to import media groups before broadcasters, otherwise preset data will be lost while importing.

• 1 month later...

OK, I have a weird question.

I've been trying my hand at creating an organic database, to start during the 1950s, and then advance forward to the modern day. My goal with this, basically, to create a little handy dandy study guide for myself, so that I have something to go to to look at to see how promotions, workers, and everything else changes over the years in a game.

Somehow, though... this always seems to go poorly.

My latest effort, I went in to check on the world in about 1980 or so... and... all the promotions had ZERO popularity across the board, the ones that were still active at least, all of the workers I had created to begin with were old and washed up or dead, and for some reason, none of the training camps I had set up had graduated any workers.

Seemed there was a complete and utter lack of new workers coming in altogether, even though I thought I had checked all the boxes to make that happen.

Not sure what I did wrong here.

Anyone know what I should be trying to make this particular kind of database happen?

does the database have free worker pictures? If not, you might have picture requirements in the game settings set to "on"

if you set it to "off" you'll get graduates with no pictures

It does have the free pictures... but I don't remember setting that particular option to anything... so, I'll have a gander at that, see if it does anything good for me.

• 2 weeks later...
OK, I have a weird question.

I've been trying my hand at creating an organic database, to start during the 1950s, and then advance forward to the modern day. My goal with this, basically, to create a little handy dandy study guide for myself, so that I have something to go to to look at to see how promotions, workers, and everything else changes over the years in a game.

Somehow, though... this always seems to go poorly.

My latest effort, I went in to check on the world in about 1980 or so... and... all the promotions had ZERO popularity across the board, the ones that were still active at least, all of the workers I had created to begin with were old and washed up or dead, and for some reason, none of the training camps I had set up had graduated any workers.

Seemed there was a complete and utter lack of new workers coming in altogether, even though I thought I had checked all the boxes to make that happen.

Not sure what I did wrong here.

Anyone know what I should be trying to make this particular kind of database happen?

I had this same issue when I tried to run one from the 30's and then I talked to eff (IER) about it since he runs countless organic (effganic) mods. Say you have a comp that's 25 popularity at bare minimum you're gonna need talent that can maintain that popularity. If you want growth then you need talent and cash that can support growth. And you need a talent pool large enough with varying degrees of popularity to support growth in stages which also means fresh talent from schools.

Got to be careful with the new set-up for schools, dojos, etc. It limits them to 2 minimum 12 max graduates per year. Problem #1 was that first test run had it by default set to... "picture requirements in the game settings set to on" so I had to restart. Problem #2 All the schools had opened day one and it takes a year to generate the first graduate. Go back, move opening day of the schools back 13 months and then moved the mod back a month to make sure I had graduates for the first January.

Also with schools limited to 2-12 graduates a year you're gonna need to find your balance between quality (training percent) and quantity (facilities percent) per school.

Is there a link for that??

Hey :)

There's no link to the 2022 version yet as it's still being worked on. I do post updates occasionally in the thread Dalton posted so people can see how it progressing

Hope you enjoy the 2018 version for now!

• 2 weeks later...
I had this same issue when I tried to run one from the 30's and then I talked to eff (IER) about it since he runs countless organic (effganic) mods. Say you have a comp that's 25 popularity at bare minimum you're gonna need talent that can maintain that popularity. If you want growth then you need talent and cash that can support growth. And you need a talent pool large enough with varying degrees of popularity to support growth in stages which also means fresh talent from schools.

Got to be careful with the new set-up for schools, dojos, etc. It limits them to 2 minimum 12 max graduates per year. Problem #1 was that first test run had it by default set to... "picture requirements in the game settings set to on" so I had to restart. Problem #2 All the schools had opened day one and it takes a year to generate the first graduate. Go back, move opening day of the schools back 13 months and then moved the mod back a month to make sure I had graduates for the first January.

Also with schools limited to 2-12 graduates a year you're gonna need to find your balance between quality (training percent) and quantity (facilities percent) per school.

Yeah, seemed like there was something of a learning curve here.

I finally decided the best idea was just to start with the Effganic Mod. Biggest reason I didn't just do that to start with was that I was in something of a hurry to get to the 1980s and 90s, and simming 60 years seemed a little daunting. Still does, actually, but now it seems more than worth the effort.

I've made it up into the 50s so far, late 1951 I think it is now, and at the moment, there are like 7 Medium-sized promotions in the world. Two in Canada, one in Australia, at least one in England, at least one in Japan, and one in Europe.

Threw me for a loop that there weren't any in the US... but the more I thought about it, the more interesting I thought that might make this particular game-world as it develops. Kinda of like in an OOTP baseball sim I ran way back when, where the Babe Ruth of my world, the guy who hit 61 home runs in a single season, and set a record that stood for more than 65 years, was something of a one hit wonder - he lasted less than 5 seasons total, and finished with less than 100 career home runs. I love stuff like that in these games.

It'd actually make me kinda happy if I made it to the modern age, and the unquestioned leader in professional wrestling was a company based in Australia. I've been a fan of The Land Down Under ever since I was a kid, and saw Crocodile Dundee for the first time. Think that might a cool thing to play around with.

I've been a fan of The Land Down Under ever since I was a kid, and saw Crocodile Dundee for the first time. Think that might a cool thing to play around with.

That's why I jumped on the chance to do an Australian company 12-13 years ago in the BE mod even though I had Mexico and Japan. :D

This is as good a place to put this as any. If there are any C-verse render makers who are itching to make some new renders but haven't decided what to do? Pics for black announcers.

I was making a character who's going to hopefully be part of an upcoming Dynasty and when I went looking for a picture for him by sorting pics by announcer I found white announcers, Hispanic announcers, Asian announcers, but no black ones. This was the 2018 mod but I don't think they have less pictures than the main database. There might be some black announcers that are actually being used for existing characters, but no free pics to be assigned to home generated characters or to characters the game spits out to fill gaps.

This is as good a place to put this as any. If there are any C-verse render makers who are itching to make some new renders but haven't decided what to do? Pics for black announcers.

I was making a character who's going to hopefully be part of an upcoming Dynasty and when I went looking for a picture for him by sorting pics by announcer I found white announcers, Hispanic announcers, Asian announcers, but no black ones. This was the 2018 mod but I don't think they have less pictures than the main database. There might be some black announcers that are actually being used for existing characters, but no free pics to be assigned to home generated characters or to characters the game spits out to fill gaps.

The default data has a lot of deficiencies like that. If you haven't done it yet import names from other mods so your game won't crash if you get creative and decide to make someone from a more obscure country. I know there's one that adds 30,000 names just not sure which.

Yeah it can be hard to find black announcers, if it helps here are eight you could use. Four I have saved since releasing the 2018 mod, but there's also four from the free black male pictures that could always be used as announcers...although there is also a chance I have added them to the picture folder since the release too lol

https://imgur.com/a/dWEwfSH

Yeah it can be hard to find black announcers, if it helps here are eight you could use. Four I have saved since releasing the 2018 mod, but there's also four from the free black male pictures that could always be used as announcers...although there is also a chance I have added them to the picture folder since the release too lol

And I tested one of these guys with a microphone png I created.

DT6yIfV.png

Thanks, I was able to find someone in there that's better than the guy I was using. I imagine he's usually got a shirt on when announcing unlike the picture I was using. Usually. You never know what's going to happen at one of their shows.

Hmm. I have to include a bit where some jerk in the crowd is shouting for one of the female talent to take her top of and he intentionally misunderstands and takes his top off for the crowd. To a positive reaction by fans who like dudes.

Thanks, I was able to find someone in there that's better than the guy I was using. I imagine he's usually got a shirt on when announcing unlike the picture I was using. Usually. You never know what's going to happen at one of their shows.

Hmm. I have to include a bit where some jerk in the crowd is shouting for one of the female talent to take her top of and he intentionally misunderstands and takes his top off for the crowd. To a positive reaction by fans who like dudes.

Haha, I could see that being a bit at a show

Haha, I could see that being a bit at a show

I'm probably going to put it on the card as an angle but write it up in the Dynasty as having been an off the cuff response to a legit rude fan. The sort of thing that just happens sometimes on an infestesimal ranked hardcore show that's run by three kids barely out of high school.

• 1 month later...

What would be the best way to simulate someone leaving one company, but already signing with another company at the start of a game?

ie: Big Show leaving WCW in January of 99 and joining WWF in February of 99

I've given him a Written non-exclusive contract with WCW that has one month remaining, and an Exclusive Written contract with WWF, but it would appear I can't do that.

What would be the best way to simulate someone leaving one company, but already signing with another company at the start of a game?

ie: Big Show leaving WCW in January of 99 and joining WWF in February of 99

I've given him a Written non-exclusive contract with WCW that has one month remaining, and an Exclusive Written contract with WWF, but it would appear I can't do that.

The way Nemesis is set up in CV97 to always leave SWF is as follows:

-Non-exclusive written contract with SWF with 1 month remaining

-Non-exclusive handshake contract with DAVE set to ongoing (Big Show's contract would be changed to written, not sure if exclusivity would give an error)

-Hatred of SWF owner Richard Eisen (so Big Show would have Hatred relationship with Bischoff or whomever the Owner/CEO is of WCW)

My suggestion, while not perfect, is to give Big Show a non-exclusive written contract with WCW with 1 month remaining, a non-exclusive written contract with WWF with 3 months remaining, and a Hatred relationship with Bischoff. If the player is WWF, they simply need to re-negotiate at the end of the second month. And I think in most cases for the AI, Big Show will re-negotiate with WWF because of his popularity and skills. Maybe give him White Hot momentum in WWF and other perks like that, not sure if that influences the re-hire decision.