Community Modding Discussion Thread

I have a question about setting up Japanese touring schedules, I guess how you set up custom ones in your game and how they work IRL.

WALL OF MESSY TEXT BELOW

I created my own schedule for SAISHO in ALTcornell2022 and since there is a touring schedule and touring is "a japanese thing" I put every show besides actual events(12) as Touring, all 100 of them.

Then I played a bit of RWC and there in AJPW there is a mix of lesser, tour and normal, and not in a "order that make sense(from my POV)".

For example, AJPW has 'New Year Giant Series' for 5 nights and the order of importance goes Lesser, Normal, Tour, Tour, Lesser.

So I finally get to the question, how do I set up my touring schedule in a "realistic" manner. The order that makes sense in my head is that it goes tour for the first few shows before moving to lesser and finally to normal event.

I have 8 dates/per month for 8 months of the year and 12d/pm for 4 months of the year. 

For the 8d/pm, is 1,2,3,4(tour)5,6,7(lesser),8(normal) good? and for 12d/pm 1,2,3,4,5,6,7(tour)8,9,10,11(lesser)12(normal), is that good?

Does anybody have tips for building a well-balanced pack of venues? My goal is to make enough venues where every region has enough variety, but I'm not sure what I should consider when going about this. Like for example, I want to avoid the problem of big companies consistently selling out OR failing to sell out. And I want to avoid smaller promotions from overspending.

To summarize, anybody got tips? Lol

• 2 weeks later...

ive been working on a fictional database, just wondering, would you guys prefer to have a WOTI style aging system when it comes to companies from the dark souls series? obviously making obvious characters older than other others. Other companies im working on like disco elysium, with a more concrete aging system will have everyone being their normal ages

Screenshot_20240225_192811_Video Player.png

• 3 weeks later...

I would like some feedback from the mod makers here on something

The game calculates Experience in a following way;

Like all other skills it is learned; the more matches a worker wrestles (regardless of whether it is an event, a TV show, and independent show, or a house show), the quicker it will rise (angles do not have any affect on Experience). Longer matches will lead to quicker learning.

It does not rise in a linear fashion - people new to the business act like a sponge and gain it quite fast, it then levels off (and sometimes slows) as they get older. Unlike most other worker skills, Experience cannot go down and is not capped: every worker will eventually reach 100 if they wrestle enough. As a (very) rough rule of thumb (which may be useful for database makers), wrestlers in the first few years of their career would gain about 0.3 Experience for every 2-3 matches they have. After that, it becomes closer to 0.2 for every 3-5 matches. Workers with low Experience (defined as 20 or less) get a penalty to their in-ring performance to simulate the fact that they are green. The penalty gets less as they become more experienced.

there's 48 weeks in the game, and assuming a wrestler works twice per week, this is what his experience would look like after certain periods of time as an active wrestler in the business;

First two years: 0.3 exp every 2 matches

3 months = 3.6
½ Year = 7.2
Year 1 = 14.4
Year 1½= 21.6
Year 2 = 28.8

Next 4 or so years; 0.2 exp every 4 matches

Year 2½= 33.6
Year 3 = 38.4
Year 3½= 43.2
Year 4 = 48
Year 4½= 52.8
Year 5 = 57.6
Year 5½= 62.4
Year 6 = 67.8

After that; 0.1 exp every 4 matches

Year 6½= 70.2
Year 7 = 72.6
Year 7½= 75
Year 8 = 77.4
Year 8½= 79.8
Year 9 = 82.2
Year 9½= 84.6
Year10 = 87
Year10½= 89.4
Year11 = 91.8
Year11½= 94.2
Year12 = 96.6
Year12½= 99
More than 12½ years= 100

I guess I'm asking if this looks about right? Or is it way off? Is my math 'mathing'? Gaining too much or not enough exp? One downside to this is that it doesn't take quality of opponents or length of matches into account. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/7/2024 at 1:46 PM, WooItsNathan said:

Does anybody have tips for building a well-balanced pack of venues? My goal is to make enough venues where every region has enough variety, but I'm not sure what I should consider when going about this. Like for example, I want to avoid the problem of big companies consistently selling out OR failing to sell out. And I want to avoid smaller promotions from overspending.

To summarize, anybody got tips? Lol

One thing to note about weird stuff with attendance is that you can't stop the AI from having a company run shows or events in places where it has 5% popularity. When it does this, you get giant arenas with 20 people in attendance for WrestleMania. Likewise, when the AI has 90% popularity in a region, the bigger arenas in that region will be a sellout pretty consistently. This is most of why you get weird looking results. I usually ask if I am building a Small, Medium, or Large arena and give them all the same stats for their size. I don't like to make too many large size hotbeds because then the AI doesn't wanna book anything else (whatever gives the most pluses, right?)

I usually use Small 1000, Medium 5000, Large 20000. Then I adjust for the market. In a place where Wrestling is very popular and has a high population of fans (Tri-State, etc) I might scale up to x2 to x3 even. For something like Hawaii I might make it 1500, 6500, 25000. Once I have my "basic arenas" in each region, I try to give each region where wrestling is very popular and lots of fans a few bigger sizes in addition to those. I might give Tri-State 2500, 8000, 40,000. I might make the 8000 the Hotbed because if I make a 60,000 or 80,000 hotbed, the AI will always use it even if they can't fill it.

Then I try to give each region a Tiny arena set: 200, 500, 800. Once all this is done, each area has a wide array of different size arenas. That lets companies of almost any size find a sellout, a near sellout, and something to upgrade to in each area - that is my balance concern. Whether the AI uses it or not, is a different matter and one usually outside of our control. The AI will just run shows where it has 5% popularity while renting the biggest arena. I usually assume it's trying to grow in those areas.

Edit: This is why I went to each company and made it's flagship event happen in its home region. If a company has capped growth at cult or regional or something, I might try to limit its shows and events to its respective areas by going to the TV and Events and just limiting it there. Of course, once the game starts, half of them will create weekly events that travel the country anyway.\

When the AI gets small television deals it gets tiny ratings in an area and starts holding PPVs there to try to grow. This is all in the realm of things you can't do too much about. I usually remove every company's TV and popularity in areas I don't want them holding shows. This seems to work until spillover and new TV deals cause them to gain some popularity, restarting the cycle.

Edited by thadian

Big respect to people who are contributing all those real world mods. 

I'm currently working at a mod for the Japanese indy scene, just for myself at the moment, and it's pain in the a... I'm scratching my head if the guy has 50 or 55 in brawling lol. Insane. Maybe it's just me , but it's hard to do.

21 hours ago, CGN91 said:

Big respect to people who are contributing all those real world mods. 

I'm currently working at a mod for the Japanese indy scene, just for myself at the moment, and it's pain in the a... I'm scratching my head if the guy has 50 or 55 in brawling lol. Insane. Maybe it's just me , but it's hard to do.

Fully agree; I've been quietly working on a mod for over a year now and the scope just never ceases to amaze me, it's such an enormous project. My undying respect goes out to people who not only manage to finish their mods, but continue to maintain, troubleshoot and update them after release. Unreal contributions.