Guaranteed Deals

I really enjoyed the new spring cleaning system and the fact that we now only need to pay 6 months when releasing a worker, as it is realistic and perfectly replicates today's contracts for most companies. However, the option to give out guaranteed deals should still also be available in a way that would also allow for the new game to help replicate historical eras, like the Monday Night Wars, or as an option to lure a worker even in more recent and/or different eras, as an incentive for the worker that, despite receiving less he would have the assurance of a guaranteed deal.

Given that after searching on the journal I did not see any mention to that part of contracts still being possible, (if there was and I missed it, apologies for the mistake) I would suggest, in case it is in fact not possible in the current upcoming release, for it to be patched or at least added to any future iterations.

Isn't the nature of a Written contract a guaranteed deal unto itself? I consider it to be the equivalent of what became a thing in the late '90's.

I think Shawn means a deal when they're guaranteed to receive all the money, rather than potentially be cut for only 6 months' pay.

I don't think that has ever been a thing in wrestling. In the Monday Night Wars era, McMahon still was working on the handshake agreement essentially, nothing was given you had to earn it, no base pay like today, just an agreed amount of time you where going to work for him and that was it essentially. Bischoff started offering guys written deals that had a minimum amount of money they would make while under contract, which is the system in place today with WWE and most other companies who offer written deals.

I don't think that has ever been a thing in wrestling. In the Monday Night Wars era, McMahon still was working on the handshake agreement essentially, nothing was given you had to earn it, no base pay like today, just an agreed amount of time you where going to work for him and that was it essentially. Bischoff started offering guys written deals that had a minimum amount of money they would make while under contract, which is the system in place today with WWE and most other companies who offer written deals.

WCW definitely offered guaranteed money. Hence why several stayed home getting paid after the company folded. If it was any other deal, Time-Warner could simply have fired them and paid them a few months instead of having to pay the reminder of their contracts.

Yeah, I agree with this. I love the new system and think it is more realistic for 90% of today's written deals... but given that some top top guys would be offered guaranteed deals where they cannot be released without paying the remainder of their contract, I feel like this should also be an option.

I imagine this would also help simulate top-level bidding wars.

WCW definitely offered guaranteed money. Hence why several stayed home getting paid after the company folded. If it was any other deal, Time-Warner could simply have fired them and paid them a few months instead of having to pay the reminder of their contracts.

Right, so just like in TEW guys could sit at home and pick up X dollars no matter what. That's simulated by simply having a 'Written' contract.

Right, so just like in TEW guys could sit at home and pick up X dollars no matter what. That's simulated by simply having a 'Written' contract.

Yes, but, unlike in the new game, they couldn’t be cut just by paying six months wages; they’d need to be paid off in full.

Yes, but, unlike in the new game, they couldn’t be cut just by paying six months wages; they’d need to be paid off in full.

I agree and I personally am not a fan of the change; I think there should be greater consequence to one's roster getting bloated beyond reason.

It's the difference between say the NFL and MLB contracts.

NFL players have written contracts but they're not fully guaranteed. MLB has fully guaranteed contracts. So NFL players get a remaining "bonus" when cut, while an MLB player would get the remaining contract.

Could there be an option to fully guarantee the written contract? I think that would cover the bases for the historical mods.