Genadi Mods

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="YeeeHaw83" data-cite="YeeeHaw83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47560" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wonder if it's Pro Wrestling Simulator on Steam? I saw a Youtube video talking about it the other day. Isn't released yet.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it's called Pro Wrestling Promoter. Havent been many details released other than a couple of screen shots. It's one of the Mod Squad/Nexus crew that is putting it together I think.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FindMyStapler" data-cite="FindMyStapler" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47560" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So since he’s no longer here some enterprising young lad with a lot of spare time can convert his stuff and release it, right?<p> </p><p> Or are we still playing the stupid “IP” nonsense?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Its not "stupid IP nonsense", its called having manners and showing a little respect to the person who spent hours of their free time to give you something for nothing by asking for permission to use something they worked hard on. Big difference.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FindMyStapler" data-cite="FindMyStapler" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47560" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So since he’s no longer here some enterprising young lad with a lot of spare time can convert his stuff and release it, right?<p> </p><p> Or are we still playing the stupid “IP” nonsense?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The rules don't change just because someone doesn't post here. If anyone wants to use someone else's work in their mod, they have to get permission or all links to that work will be removed from GDS and the people breaking the rules will get the standard disciplinary action from GDS.</p><p> </p><p> Expect a PM imminently.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47560" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Unfortunately Genadi has already given permission to somebody else to convert this mod so my version wont be released.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you have any alternate history ideas for that year, then you could ask him if you could modify things in the Art of War database to fit that imagined history (in essence, using it as a jumping off point for your mod).</p>

Unfortunately Genadi has already given permission to somebody else to convert this mod so my version wont be released.

Wait, so he has allowed someone to put the mod through the converter and release it without any further changes but he's not allowing you to do the exact same thing?

• 2 years later...
On 1/13/2024 at 7:09 PM, Kubikiri Asa said:

I've spoken to Genadi and his mods are not to be abandonware.

Those that wants to get permission to use his content to create mods can contact and ask him for permission on the Genadi Mods Discord.

Any preferred method for contact?

I'm awaiting a reply to a DM sent in December 2022

• Like 1

17 hours ago, s7eve_s said:

Any preferred method for contact?

I'm awaiting a reply to a DM sent in December 2022

Send a private message to Genadi on his Discord.

If you didn't get a reply on his Discord then send a new private message to him. He is pretty busy with real life and preparing his databases for the Pro Wrestling Promoter game.

23 minutes ago, Kubikiri Asa said:

Send a private message to Genadi on his Discord.

If you didn't get a reply on his Discord then send a new private message to him. He is pretty busy with real life and preparing his databases for the Pro Wrestling Promoter game.

This is genuine curiosity and not a desire to stir anything up, but if Genadi no longer wants anything to do with this forum or TEW, why does he care whether someone converts and updates one of the old TEW2016 mods? It's hardly stepping on his toes, and if people can get "permission" from him just by messaging him on Discord, why not just allow it to anyone provided that credit is given? Surely that's going to be a lot easier for everyone involved?

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, jhd1 said:

This is genuine curiosity and not a desire to stir anything up, but if Genadi no longer wants anything to do with this forum or TEW, why does he care whether someone converts and updates one of the old TEW2016 mods? It's hardly stepping on his toes, and if people can get "permission" from him just by messaging him on Discord, why not just allow it to anyone provided that credit is given? Surely that's going to be a lot easier for everyone involved?

There are no plans of turning the mods into freeware or abandonware.  The routine is to ask for permission on Discord. If Genadi doesn't answer and give permission then there are no permission. There have been permissions granted to Hammerglenn, MrVillain, Questlove and others to use content, so it's not impossible to get permission.