Yesterday I agreed to update the FP2020 data. I wanted this to use my 1992 picture pack (I am trying to use it as a universal pack for my mods going forward). This would mean going through the 3000+ workers to make sure they have a modern picture rather than a debut/old school picture. Due to me having no desire to do this I am just going to use the original pack that came with the mod (Blue/Pink Fleisch pack).

That's 100% understandable. Besides, there's only about 60 or so workers without a pic when I use my favorite pic pack, which is a realistic number of pics for me to make myself. So i was just gonna try to use that one, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone may have brought this up, I can't remember. Anyway, some popularity tweaks & other things I thought could use a touch up for the Chronicles 1992 mod:

WWF:

-Dan Marsh (Danny Davis.) should be set to Babyface with a different gimmick name in his WWF contract. Referee or Staff Member?

-Pop boost for Sean Mooney. He was hosting Event Center segments that advanced WWF storylines, & at his currently popularity, he'll tank segments & cause storylines to lose heat.

-Boost to Sean Mooney's star quality. Currently, it's just 34. Maybe in the low to mid 50s?

-Lord Alfred Hayes' leg condition shouldn't be 5 yet. He was still able to get around just fine without a wheelchair in 1992.

-Slight pop boost for Skinner (Steve Keirn), but just to Recognisable. At this point in 1992, he was still beating enhancement guys on TV. Too bad TEW doesn't have a way to make it to where workers who are Unimportant won't obliterate the match ratings, much like how we could set someone who auto-pushed to Opener or Enhancement Talent to be Lower Midcard.

-Slight pop boosts for the Bushwhackers & the Genius (Lanny Poffo). Bushwhackers were still winning against enhancement guys, & they had a TV storyline with the Beverly Bros. And Lanny was managing the Beverlys. Again, just to where they would be Recognisable.

-Slight pop boost for Virgil. He just came out of his storyline with Ted DiBiase, was still winning against enhancement guys on TV, & would get the winning fall at WrestleMania VIII in the 8-man tag match IIRC.

-Pop boost for Jake Roberts. He is on fire at this point in 1992 with his feud going on with Randy Savage, & it can be argued that the Undertaker got over thanks in part to working with Jake.

-Tweaks for Jake Roberts' gimmick. I would name it Evil Incarnate as his character got really dark around this time, at least dark for early 90s WWF. I would also untick the penalties that are associated with his gimmick right now. He could work lengthy matches & angles if need be when he had this gimmick, & I don't recall him losing any overness from losing to someone with a Realistic or Legitimate gimmick. I would also say that maybe his gimmick could qualify as Mysterious/Occult.

-Perhaps a pop boost for Mr. Perfect (Curt Hennig)? He was managing Ric Flair & was just as involved in Flair's storylines around this time.

-Maybe give Ric Flair the Easy To Do Business With attribute? It's debatable for sure, but for some reason when I booked him in a match against Roddy Piper to go to a double count out, he balked despite being in a positive relationship with Roddy & having the It's Who You Know attribute. I did a test by adding the Easy To Do Business With attribute, & that seemed to do the trick. I know there are times Flair wouldn't do business, but I think even workers with Easy To Do Business With can still balk if the other worker's pop is below them enough. Then again, this could be a bug because Flair had no problems losing when I ran a save, IIRC.

WCW:

-Slight pop downgrade for Ricky Steamboat. Right now, he's the top Franchise player, & only he & Dusty Rhodes show up in the Franchise Players in the Creative section. For that matter, maybe a slight downgrade for Dusty? They were still over in WCW, though, so maybe just downgrade their perception to Star? Also, maybe downgrade Ricky Steamboat's momentum to Hot? I'm not sure if he should be outranking Sting or Rick Rude at this point.

-Maybe boost Sting's momentum to Hot? His popularity is where it should be, but he's only seen as a Star & is outranked by Ricky Steamboat despite being the figurehead. Maybe lower WCW's pop in the Mid Atlantic & South East to 77 to match with Sting? If that lowers WCW to Small size, though, then forget I said that last part. You could raise Sting to 80 or 81, & that might help, perhaps.

-Slight pop boost for DDP, but just to Recognisable. He just had a run managing the Freebirds & was getting serious TV time. He was also managing Scott Hall & would be associated with Kevin Nash & Scott Levy in 1992 IIRC.

-Pop boost for Jim Ross as he was one of the main voices of WCW by this point. This way, if players use him to interview workers, it won't completely tank the segment. Also, perhaps a boost to Jim Ross' star quality. Right now, it's just at 15.

-Pop boost for Mr. Hughes. He got over as Alexandra York's bodyguard, has been working as Harley Race's bodyguard & is teaming with Vader.

-IIRC, I think Scott Armstrong should be a babyface in WCW at this point, & he hasn't started refereeing yet. The Referee box should probably unticked in both his contracts & his profile.

-Pop boost for Madusa. She's working as a valet for Rick Rude, & she's a player for the Dangerous Alliance.

-Pop boost for Tony Schiavone as he's also been one of the main voices of WCW going on two years at this point. I'd also consider boosting his star quality, which currently sits at 23.

-Pop boost for Paul Heyman (Paul E. Dangerously). He's pretty much the focal point of the Dangerous Alliance.

Can't wait to get a proper game going! I was having fun with previous versions of this mod, so I look forward to how it turns out with all of the improvements you're already working on! :D

Someone may have brought this up, I can't remember. Anyway, some popularity tweaks & other things I thought could use a touch up for the Chronicles 1992 mod:

WWF:

-Dan Marsh (Danny Davis.) should be set to Babyface with a different gimmick name in his WWF contract. Referee or Staff Member?

-Pop boost for Sean Mooney. He was hosting Event Center segments that advanced WWF storylines, & at his currently popularity, he'll tank segments & cause storylines to lose heat.

-Boost to Sean Mooney's star quality. Currently, it's just 34. Maybe in the low to mid 50s?

-Lord Alfred Hayes' leg condition shouldn't be 5 yet. He was still able to get around just fine without a wheelchair in 1992.

-Slight pop boost for Skinner (Steve Keirn), but just to Recognisable. At this point in 1992, he was still beating enhancement guys on TV. Too bad TEW doesn't have a way to make it to where workers who are Unimportant won't obliterate the match ratings, much like how we could set someone who auto-pushed to Opener or Enhancement Talent to be Lower Midcard.

-Slight pop boosts for the Bushwhackers & the Genius (Lanny Poffo). Bushwhackers were still winning against enhancement guys, & they had a TV storyline with the Beverly Bros. And Lanny was managing the Beverlys. Again, just to where they would be Recognisable.

-Slight pop boost for Virgil. He just came out of his storyline with Ted DiBiase, was still winning against enhancement guys on TV, & would get the winning fall at WrestleMania VIII in the 8-man tag match IIRC.

-Pop boost for Jake Roberts. He is on fire at this point in 1992 with his feud going on with Randy Savage, & it can be argued that the Undertaker got over thanks in part to working with Jake.

-Tweaks for Jake Roberts' gimmick. I would name it Evil Incarnate as his character got really dark around this time, at least dark for early 90s WWF. I would also untick the penalties that are associated with his gimmick right now. He could work lengthy matches & angles if need be when he had this gimmick, & I don't recall him losing any overness from losing to someone with a Realistic or Legitimate gimmick. I would also say that maybe his gimmick could qualify as Mysterious/Occult.

-Perhaps a pop boost for Mr. Perfect (Curt Hennig)? He was managing Ric Flair & was just as involved in Flair's storylines around this time.

-Maybe give Ric Flair the Easy To Do Business With attribute? It's debatable for sure, but for some reason when I booked him in a match against Roddy Piper to go to a double count out, he balked despite being in a positive relationship with Roddy & having the It's Who You Know attribute. I did a test by adding the Easy To Do Business With attribute, & that seemed to do the trick. I know there are times Flair wouldn't do business, but I think even workers with Easy To Do Business With can still balk if the other worker's pop is below them enough. Then again, this could be a bug because Flair had no problems losing when I ran a save, IIRC.

WCW:

-Slight pop downgrade for Ricky Steamboat. Right now, he's the top Franchise player, & only he & Dusty Rhodes show up in the Franchise Players in the Creative section. For that matter, maybe a slight downgrade for Dusty? They were still over in WCW, though, so maybe just downgrade their perception to Star? Also, maybe downgrade Ricky Steamboat's momentum to Hot? I'm not sure if he should be outranking Sting or Rick Rude at this point.

-Maybe boost Sting's momentum to Hot? His popularity is where it should be, but he's only seen as a Star & is outranked by Ricky Steamboat despite being the figurehead. Maybe lower WCW's pop in the Mid Atlantic & South East to 77 to match with Sting? If that lowers WCW to Small size, though, then forget I said that last part. You could raise Sting to 80 or 81, & that might help, perhaps.

-Slight pop boost for DDP, but just to Recognisable. He just had a run managing the Freebirds & was getting serious TV time. He was also managing Scott Hall & would be associated with Kevin Nash & Scott Levy in 1992 IIRC.

-Pop boost for Jim Ross as he was one of the main voices of WCW by this point. This way, if players use him to interview workers, it won't completely tank the segment. Also, perhaps a boost to Jim Ross' star quality. Right now, it's just at 15.

-Pop boost for Mr. Hughes. He got over as Alexandra York's bodyguard, has been working as Harley Race's bodyguard & is teaming with Vader.

-IIRC, I think Scott Armstrong should be a babyface in WCW at this point, & he hasn't started refereeing yet. The Referee box should probably unticked in both his contracts & his profile.

-Pop boost for Madusa. She's working as a valet for Rick Rude, & she's a player for the Dangerous Alliance.

-Pop boost for Tony Schiavone as he's also been one of the main voices of WCW going on two years at this point. I'd also consider boosting his star quality, which currently sits at 23.

-Pop boost for Paul Heyman (Paul E. Dangerously). He's pretty much the focal point of the Dangerous Alliance.

Can't wait to get a proper game going! I was having fun with previous versions of this mod, so I look forward to how it turns out with all of the improvements you're already working on! :D

Thanks for the feedback, I will add this to my list of fixes. I've not really done anything in a few weeks on this as I've been working on a personal project for me and a friend of mine.

Thanks for the feedback, I will add this to my list of fixes. I've not really done anything in a few weeks on this as I've been working on a personal project for me and a friend of mine.

No need to rush! Hope your project is going well. :)

And I hope I didn't come off real strong with my earlier feedback. Sometimes I read back on my posts and wonder if I was too strong. :o

• 2 weeks later...

I have started working on the 1992 mod again. Not sure when a release will be available but so far for v 1.9 I have done the below;

Deleted (as Duplicates)

--------------------------------

Red Shows Uno (Duplicate of Hiroyuki Unno)

Added (Workers)

--------------------------

Frida Shereta (Debut 2019)

Amanda Storm (Debut 1998)

Bailey Mannix (Debut 1998)

Mia Martinez (Debut 1999)

Chae An (Debut 1997) - Nitro Girl Chae

Rebecca Curci (Debut 1998) - Nitro Girl Whisper

Teri Byrne (Debut 1997) - Nitro Girl Fyre

Melissa Bellin (Debut 1997) - Nitro Girl Spice

Sylvester Terkay (Debut 1999)

Kacee Carlisle (Debut 1998)

Austin Rhodes

Brandon Baxter

Murder-1

Thunder Morgan

Kantaro Hoshino

Chri$ Ca$h (Debut 2001)

Chiemi Kitagami (Debut 2001)

Dan Quirk (Debut 2002)

Steve Bradley

Added (Companies/Training)

-----------------------------------------

Attribute Changes

-----------------------------------------

CM Punk

Matt Cross

Sammy Guevara

Darby Allin

Hanson

Raymond Rowe

Kenny Omega

Matt Jackson

Nick Jackson

Jerry Lawler

Bryan Danielson

Joe Anoa'i

The Undertaker

Scott Armstrong

Added (Venues)

------------------------

Fixes/Misc Additions

-------------------------------

Event Additions for more companies

WCW World War 3 set to Dormant (Activates in 1995)

Larry Hamilton/Missouri Mauler title hiccup fixed

ECW Event Schedule redone (Thanks to rufc4eva at GDS for this)

Kevin Sullivan (1 month contract with FMW)

Lori Fullington (added to ECW as Peaches)

Eddie Gilbert removed from ECW

Larry Winters set as Head Booker for ECW

ECW removed from NWA

The WCW Patriots set to Active Unit

Reslo given a Fixed Schedule (TV show and monthly event called Ffederaswin Reslo Cymru)

Pro Wrestling America located in Mid West

Brian Dixon added to Reslo (as Brian George).

Reslo Default announcers set (Bryn Fon & Orig Williams)

Bushwhackers Pop Boost

Steve Kiern Pop Boost

Virgil Pop Boost

Jake Roberts Pop Boost (Not by much as I still think it was momentum and not long term popularity that was carrying him). Gimmick settings changed for him as well.

Mr. Perfect Pop Boost

WCW Pop Change (only slightly in 2 regions)

Ricky Steamboat Pop Decrease

Dusty Rhodes Pop Decrease

Sting Momentum set to Very Hot

DDP Pop Boost

Jim Ross Pop Boost & slight increase to Star Quality

Mr. Hughes Pop Boost

Scott Armstrong has Referee removed from current roles.

Madusa Pop Boost

Tony Schiavone Pop Boost and slight increase to Star Quality

Paul Heyman Pop Boost

Something I just uncovered while browsing pictures. The picture named "Doug Stahl" is actually a picture of Dino Casanova. There should be a picture of Doug Stahl in one of the nGo packs.

EDIT: He might be listed in one of the pic packs by one of his alter egos, Doug Superior.

Nope, probably just an oversight from going from 2016 to 2020. I'll change that.

Gotcha. Here is the full list of workers with that attribute at the start of the game.

Antonio Inoki

Billy Black

Damien Demento

Dick Murdoch

Ed Whalen

Halcon Negro

Jamie Dundee

Ken Patera

Koji Kitao

Konnan

Max Payne

Metal Maniac

Mil Mascaras

Mitsuteru Tokuda

Paul Roma

Princess Paula

Tiger Mask

I think most of these could be changed just taking a quick look at this list. Dick Murdoch is a scumbag but not in the way the game defines it, so I dunno what to do there.

An update to the 1992 data is below. If you have the main people pack, you will only need to download Pack #12, if not, the main pack has everything from all packs included. Not a huge update (I've only spent a couple of days fixing things really with very few additions to the worker pool).

ACH6B0U.jpg

Version 1.9 Released 22nd May 2022

Data - >>DOWNLOAD<< *UPDATED 22/05/2022*

People (Full Pack 10,705 images) - >>DOWNLOAD<< *UPDATED 22/05/2022*

Pic Update #1 (176 images) - >>DOWNLOAD<< *17/03/2021*

Pic Update #2 (35 images) >>DOWNLOAD<< *21/03/2021

Pic Update #3 (149 images) >>DOWNLOAD<< *03/04/2021*

Pic Update #4 (62 images)>>DOWNLOAD<< *23/04/2021*

Pic Update #5 (42 images) >>DOWNLOAD<< *30/06/2021*

Pic Update #6 (104 images) >>DOWNLOAD<< *21/08/2021*

Pic Update #7 (70 images) >>DOWNLOAD<< *01/10/2021*

Pic Update #8 (30 images) >>DOWNLOAD<< *17/10/2021*

Pic Update #9 (79 images) >>DOWNLOAD<< *12/11/2021*

Pic Update #10 (28 images) >>DOWNLOAD<< *10/02/2022*

Pic Update #11 (48 images) >>DOWNLOAD<< *22/03/2022*

Pic Update #12 (26 images) >>DOWNLOAD<< *22/05/2022*

Logo, Belt Etc... ->>DOWNLOAD<< *UPDATED 22/05/2022*

Free Pictures >>DOWNLOAD<< *UPDATED 22/03/2022*

If you have already downloaded the main People pack, you only need to download the Update packs. Ensure you select YES if it asks do you want to replace pictures in the folder.

I forgot to change something in the data. In his alter-ego list, Atsushi Onita has the Great Nita, however I forgot to assign the correct picture to him and even worse - forgot to add the picture to the pack! Anyway, here it is for those who want it. Save it as Great Nita.jpg so it will be compatible with future updates.

F72oZbF.jpg

I forgot to change something in the data. In his alter-ego list, Atsushi Onita has the Great Nita, however I forgot to assign the correct picture to him and even worse - forgot to add the picture to the pack! Anyway, here it is for those who want it. Save it as Great Nita.jpg so it will be compatible with future updates.

F72oZbF.jpg

Dude this is awesome! I wanted to do a Muta stable of the various Muta like characters. I can only get Onita on a handshake deal, but this will be super helpful.

Amazing job !

The only little problem is that NJPW and AJPW (they are under 0$ very quickly) are still loosing a lot of money and it hurts realism when AJPW have to sell their dojo and things like that after one year. That being said, it's probably very hard to see why it happens and fix it. I point out this problem but it's one bad thing in the middle of many amazing things !

Amazing job !

The only little problem is that NJPW and AJPW (they are under 0$ very quickly) are still loosing a lot of money and it hurts realism when AJPW have to sell their dojo and things like that after one year. That being said, it's probably very hard to see why it happens and fix it. I point out this problem but it's one bad thing in the middle of many amazing things !

Yeah I think realistic event schedules for NJPW and AJPW will need to be scrapped as I"ve tried all othe routes to stop them losing money. My last guess is they just have too many events/tours each month so I'll set it to 3 or 4 tour dates a month and an event. Unless anyone else has any ideas I think its the only way around it.

I can't speak for NJPW at the time, but AJPW had a one hour TV show that was usually the upper card of a bigger tour show, sometimes a comp of multiple shows. I think if having a weekly show and house shows would make them profitable, it would be a solution not too far off the reality. I'm no expert but that's my two cents.

So I have figured out the reason behind why the Japanese companies (mainly AJPW and NJPW) are losing so much money. I gave them both a touring show on TV last update but that hasn't done a thing. The problem is, most of their "Events" are tour shows that mean they don't have a large monthly event. The only way I can fix this is by putting in a heavily edited (almost custom) event schedule. Under those circumstances, here is what I'm going to do for next release.

Add 4 Tour shows and an end of month event on the last Sunday (named after the tour in those months that don't have an event). February for Example will look like;

90 minute Tours

Week 1 - AJPW Excite Series (Night 1)

Week 2 - AJPW Excite Series (Night 2)

Week 3 - AJPW Excite Series (Night 3)

Week 4 - AJPW Excite Series (Night 4)

3 hour Event

Week 4 - AJPW Excite Series

So I have figured out the reason behind why the Japanese companies (mainly AJPW and NJPW) are losing so much money. I gave them both a touring show on TV last update but that hasn't done a thing. The problem is, most of their "Events" are tour shows that mean they don't have a large monthly event. The only way I can fix this is by putting in a heavily edited (almost custom) event schedule. Under those circumstances, here is what I'm going to do for next release.

Add 4 Tour shows and an end of month event on the last Sunday (named after the tour in those months that don't have an event). February for Example will look like;

90 minute Tours

Week 1 - AJPW Excite Series (Night 1)

Week 2 - AJPW Excite Series (Night 2)

Week 3 - AJPW Excite Series (Night 3)

Week 4 - AJPW Excite Series (Night 4)

3 hour Event

Week 4 - AJPW Excite Series

This is the way. Its basically what I did with tours in The Yes Mod. The final night of a tour was a regular event, so it would draw more strongly and the AI would book it more strongly. Think I may have also set the first show of a tour as a Medium show instead of just a Tour show, just to bump attendances a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I had a couple of suggestions for 1992:

- Options for expansion to India. It seems to be a mostly empty region. The lack of promotions for most of the game is understandable as there aren't really any promotions in India until the 2010s, but no workers are set to be available there and no broadcasters exist there, which would inhibit anyone trying to create their own company that is based there. I made a few personal edits to my own copy of 1992 that I think improve things.

-- Create Ring Ka King (TNA's expansion project in India) set to open December 2011 (as in real life) and all of its Indian roster set to debut in November 2011. This isn't an immediate term change but it will flesh out the game world for normal term.

-- Made every foreign worker who worked in Ring Ka King (Jeff Jarrett, Chavo Jr., Gallows, Davey Boy Jr., Sonjay Dutt, etc.) available in India. Also made all Indian workers and workers of Indian descent available in India (for sensibility's sake).

-- Created a few Indian broadcasters that were open in the 90s. It starts with only DD National (against wrestling, high requirements) but in 1993 Zee TV opens and in 1996 ESPN Star Sports opens.

-- I also did something interesting for the latter two broadcasters: require Small size but only require 8 popularity in all 3 regions of India. This would be the spillover popularity for a company with no shows in India and in the 40+ popularity range in the US. I did this to better reflect sporting and popular entertainment channels in the "third world" of wrestling, so to speak, being more open to foreign shows because domestic shows are effectively non-existent.

- There are also records of RINGS shows from late 1991-early 1992 with some extra workers who aren't on the starting RINGS roster. Cagematch has a list of shows here. I just thought it might be good to increase the number of "proto-MMA" workers in the world so that players playing the shoot-style promotions might be able to make realistic hirings.

I would be willing to work on these directly - expanding databases to include obscure and niche content is one of my favourite things to do. Simply PM me if you think I could help out.