General Gameplay Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kureo" data-cite="Kureo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you know how to start a Tag feud ? I did start a feud but i don't know if it's a 1v1v1v1 or a 2v2</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It'll start as 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1. On storylines page, select the storyline you want. Select the worker you want in that storyline. Towards the bottom right there's a 'switch alignment to' box - select the worker's tag team partner from the dropdown menu then click "change alignment". Repeat for other team.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It'll start as 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1. On storylines page, select the storyline you want. Select the worker you want in that storyline. Towards the bottom right there's a 'switch alignment to' box - select the worker's tag team partner from the dropdown menu then click "change alignment". Repeat for other team.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks mate, you saved me</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kureo" data-cite="Kureo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you know how to start a Tag feud ? I did start a feud but i don't know if it's a 1v1v1v1 or a 2v2</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The key thing is alignment- on the storyline screen check the details for the individual workers (on the right, below the segment tracker), it'll tell you who their aligned with. To set a tag feud you just need to change workers alignment (bottom right, switch alignment tab) to make sure the tag partners are teamed up.</p>

<p>A quick question about storyline advancement--</p><p> </p><p>

Can someone break down to me the specifics of when an angle 'advances' a storyline vs when it doesn't, as well as the difference between that and a 'major advancement'?</p><p> </p><p>

Also, I've never been clear on the bonuses/penalties when a storyline ends, or from removing workers from an ongoing storyline, I just sort of assume how it works in my head and hope for the best..</p><p> </p><p>

Also, I'm liking the new version, don't get why people are so mad, it's got some issues for sure, but I really like it overall. That blue and gold skin does wonders for it too.</p>

<p>Roster Overview</p><p> </p><p>

In 2016 I would often filter the roster page by brand and then click on "roster overview". This would give me the push, contract, and disposition of only those on that brand. This helped to make sure the brands were balanced and helped me to pair up story-lines.</p><p> </p><p>

In 2020 the only roster overview type screen I see is when you click on the contracts screen. However, this shows the entire roster, even when when the roster screen is filtered by brand. </p><p> </p><p>

Is there anything closer to this functionality in 2020 that I am missing? I want to quickly see all perception for a subset of the roster (brands but also gender or disposition to).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TallerGohstDaniel" data-cite="TallerGohstDaniel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A quick question about storyline advancement--<p> </p><p> Can someone break down to me the specifics of when an angle 'advances' a storyline vs when it doesn't, as well as the difference between that and a 'major advancement'?</p><p> </p><p> Also, I've never been clear on the bonuses/penalties when a storyline ends, or from removing workers from an ongoing storyline, I just sort of assume how it works in my head and hope for the best..</p><p> </p><p> Also, I'm liking the new version, don't get why people are so mad, it's got some issues for sure, but I really like it overall. That blue and gold skin does wonders for it too.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would look at the Handbook for Storylines (under Product) and read what it has to say. It should answer your questions about storylines.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would look at the Handbook for Storylines (under Product) and read what it has to say. It should answer your questions about storylines.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It tells me how a segment is considered 'part of a storyline' but when i look at the storyline screen, i see both "this storyline has yet to be advanced" and "this storyline has yet to have a major advancement", directly above where it shows "previous segments". On the list of "previous segments" is an interview that was listed as "starting the storyline", and also one participant putting the other through a table. So my question is what seperates "part of a storyline but not an advancement/major advancement"? Because this is what I cannot figure from the handbok entry. Or is that a bug? I apologize, I don't know how to upload a screenshot..</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TallerGohstDaniel" data-cite="TallerGohstDaniel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It tells me how a segment is considered 'part of a storyline' but when i look at the storyline screen, i see both "this storyline has yet to be advanced" and "this storyline has yet to have a major advancement", directly above where it shows "previous segments". On the list of "previous segments" is an interview that was listed as "starting the storyline", and also one participant putting the other through a table. So my question is what seperates "part of a storyline but not an advancement/major advancement"? Because this is what I cannot figure from the handbok entry. Or is that a bug? I apologize, I don't know how to upload a screenshot..</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think that sounds like a bug? Definitely worth reporting in tech support.</p><p> </p><p> In answer to your earlier question, you don't get specific bonuses/penalties for ending a storyline any more as far as I'm aware. In 2013 it boosted/hurt momentum but that was taken out in 2016 and I don't THINK it's been put back in for this one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would look at the Handbook for Storylines (under Product) and read what it has to say. It should answer your questions about storylines.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ok this is what I meant: </p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://imgur.com/a/L6A1eC9" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/L6A1eC9</a></p><p> </p><p> Why does that not count as an 'advancement'? The handbook doesn't address this, unless I'm missing something? Which I may be..</p>

Does the addition of the "Squash Master" attribute mean they are the only ones that get pop gains from matches where they "dominate" or just an added bonus? I did a squash with someone who had over 72 charisma and didn't see a bump.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TallerGohstDaniel" data-cite="TallerGohstDaniel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ok this is what I meant: <p> </p><p> <a href="https://imgur.com/a/L6A1eC9" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/L6A1eC9</a></p><p> </p><p> Why does that not count as an 'advancement'? The handbook doesn't address this, unless I'm missing something? Which I may be..</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That definitely looks like a bug, yeah! Can you post it in tech support as Adam checks all the threads there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TallerGohstDaniel" data-cite="TallerGohstDaniel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ok this is what I meant: <p> </p><p> <a href="https://imgur.com/a/L6A1eC9" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/L6A1eC9</a></p><p> </p><p> Why does that not count as an 'advancement'? The handbook doesn't address this, unless I'm missing something? Which I may be..</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Might be an error then and at least worth posting, because I would think that counts.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That definitely looks like a bug, yeah! Can you post it in tech support as Adam checks all the threads there.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> will do , thank you</p>

I do like that Greydog put the game out in a Demo/Trial prior to money changing hands. Think that they do this is overlooked and should be commended that they're acting on things too.

Absolutely loving Tournaments and Stable changes.

Pushes being gone for Public Perception is a quite big adjustment but I am curious to see how that plays out down the line to help build talent across the board.

Love that "Fighting" has been added to Angles too. I do wish Angles had been given a "Location" factor (ie: Backstage, Parking Lot, In-Ring) to give some extra options.

Random question. Sorry if this is the wrong place for it.

I've been fiddling with a imported 2016 mod. I ran a taping block of 4 episodes that went okay. When I was done, I got an email telling me my television network cancelled me "due to low viewing figures". But we haven't aired yet; everything was taped on Friday with the first show set to air Saturday. I thought it may be the shows not meeting the minimum quality rating, but all four of them did. Is this a bug, an issue with the mod, or am I missing something to explain why I was dropped?

Random question. Sorry if this is the wrong place for it.

I've been fiddling with a imported 2016 mod. I ran a taping block of 4 episodes that went okay. When I was done, I got an email telling me my television network cancelled me "due to low viewing figures". But we haven't aired yet; everything was taped on Friday with the first show set to air Saturday. I thought it may be the shows not meeting the minimum quality rating, but all four of them did. Is this a bug, an issue with the mod, or am I missing something to explain why I was dropped?

THis sounds super fishy so I would post it in the Tech Support forum

Can someone tell me how do I change the name of a worker or his image, I've been clicking everything and nothing is changing it.

On their profile page in between the black boxes under their picture, click on the yellow icon for role they have (wrestler, road agent, etc...)