General Gameplay Questions Thread

6 hours ago, seanzie87 said:

I'm not sure if this is a technical question or not, but for some reason when I go into a worker's profile to change their picture, it doesn't show any available pictures. Yet, everyone who is supposed to have a picture has one, and the folder containing the pictures is the right one, and is filled with pictures when looking at it outside the game. Anyone know what's up?

How many pictures are in the folder? There's a maximum of around 32,000. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, seanzie87 said:

I'm not sure if this is a technical question or not, but for some reason when I go into a worker's profile to change their picture, it doesn't show any available pictures. Yet, everyone who is supposed to have a picture has one, and the folder containing the pictures is the right one, and is filled with pictures when looking at it outside the game. Anyone know what's up?

It is because you have exceeded the maximum number of pictures in the folder, which is just over 32,000.

• Like 1

Is there a way to edit expenses, tv revenue, the economy or wrestling industry or anything else behind the scenes to make the game more difficult for the AI? I want to try playing in a world where even the top companies have to struggle to stay afloat and can't just coast indefinitely on their millions of monthly profits.

9 hours ago, Exeter said:

Is there a way to edit expenses, tv revenue, the economy or wrestling industry or anything else behind the scenes to make the game more difficult for the AI? I want to try playing in a world where even the top companies have to struggle to stay afloat and can't just coast indefinitely on their millions of monthly profits.

No, there isn't. All available settings are shown in the Options screen; if it's not there, it's not available for change.

Looking for opinions on something and wasn't sure really where to post it. Doesn't warrant it's own thread tho. 

I'm setting up a gameworld for a game and my issue lies in giving an internet subscription service coverage. The game starts in January 2001 and I was hoping to use medium coverage since the parent wrestling company is medium(WCW). 

Is that unrealistic for 2001? That's around the time a growing number of homes started getting internet access, but would a wrestling broadcaster be able to have that sort of reach in 2001?

If I start with Small coverage, will being a medium sized company stop me from gaining pop with my shows on my network?

4 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Looking for opinions on something and wasn't sure really where to post it. Doesn't warrant it's own thread tho. 

I'm setting up a gameworld for a game and my issue lies in giving an internet subscription service coverage. The game starts in January 2001 and I was hoping to use medium coverage since the parent wrestling company is medium(WCW). 

Is that unrealistic for 2001? That's around the time a growing number of homes started getting internet access, but would a wrestling broadcaster be able to have that sort of reach in 2001?

If I start with Small coverage, will being a medium sized company stop me from gaining pop with my shows on my network?

In 2001 I couldn't fathom streaming a TV show live over the internet with my little DSL modem. The people with enough internet speed to even consider signing up would have been a micro amount of wrestling fans. The reach should honestly likely be TINY for an internet subscription show in 2001. And you realistically wouldn't have gained any new fans week-to-week if you weren't on cable TV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d12345 said:

In 2001 I couldn't fathom streaming a TV show live over the internet with my little DSL modem. The people with enough internet speed to even consider signing up would have been a micro amount of wrestling fans. The reach should honestly likely be TINY for an internet subscription show in 2001. And you realistically wouldn't have gained any new fans week-to-week if you weren't on cable TV.

Yeah, I thought more about it after posting. Thanks for confirming what I was thinking. 

Wondering if someone could help me out...

In my database, I have a tiny Australian promotion with a local TV deal for both the weekly and monthly event. They do a weekly event plus a monthly event from their own venues. In my watcher game, the weekly events continuously get a decent rating, 30-40 or so. But every monthly event gets a much lower 15-20 rating and I don't know why.

I started another game where I was in control of the promotion. I used the auto booker for weekly and monthly events and they got about the same score in the 30-40 range, so everything was normal when the player was in control of the promotion.

Am I having too many events per week for a promotion of this size?

It's the company's first year for these monthly events, so they have a 0% prestige rating. Could this be why?

Is it something to do with both weekly and monthly events being with the same broadcaster? 

I tried searching through the thread for an answer but didn't find anything. If anyone could help me out, I'd love it, thank you!

On 1/19/2023 at 5:05 AM, boxofwhispers said:

Wondering if someone could help me out...

In my database, I have a tiny Australian promotion with a local TV deal for both the weekly and monthly event. They do a weekly event plus a monthly event from their own venues. In my watcher game, the weekly events continuously get a decent rating, 30-40 or so. But every monthly event gets a much lower 15-20 rating and I don't know why.

It sounds like over-saturation. You can only run so many shows in a short space of time before the fans turn against it, which will harm your ratings. Tiny promotions shouldn't really have TV deals, they're not big enough to support them, so that would likely be the root of your issue.

If I wanted to simulate in the game the kind of angles (promos, skits, etc) companies will put on their Youtube channel, how would I do that ? Create a weekly "Throwaway" 30 min show and put it on Youtube (if they are in the broadcaster list) or a "Tiny" broadcaster ?

Basically, I want to be able to do what big companies do (like for instance the "Making it Maximum" angles for Maximum Male Models that are put on WWE's Youtube channels), but also what smaller companies will sometimes do by putting promos of workers challenging another for a future show, etc. The actual pop gains are minimal at best most of the time, but I'd like to use those to give some screen time to people who could use it without always relying on the pre/post show, as well as (when playing WWE) some 24/7 title angles that would be the equivalent of what people wanted for the title when it was created, with random defenses outside of shows to enhance the "24/7" aspect of the title.

2 hours ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

If I wanted to simulate in the game the kind of angles (promos, skits, etc) companies will put on their Youtube channel, how would I do that ? Create a weekly "Throwaway" 30 min show and put it on Youtube (if they are in the broadcaster list) or a "Tiny" broadcaster ?

Basically, I want to be able to do what big companies do (like for instance the "Making it Maximum" angles for Maximum Male Models that are put on WWE's Youtube channels), but also what smaller companies will sometimes do by putting promos of workers challenging another for a future show, etc. The actual pop gains are minimal at best most of the time, but I'd like to use those to give some screen time to people who could use it without always relying on the pre/post show, as well as (when playing WWE) some 24/7 title angles that would be the equivalent of what people wanted for the title when it was created, with random defenses outside of shows to enhance the "24/7" aspect of the title.

Depending on how long your show is already, I would use the dark time for that. Not sure if that would be accurate.

On 1/20/2023 at 9:13 AM, Adam Ryland said:

It sounds like over-saturation. You can only run so many shows in a short space of time before the fans turn against it, which will harm your ratings. Tiny promotions shouldn't really have TV deals, they're not big enough to support them, so that would likely be the root of your issue.

This relates to something I've been thinking of lately when it comes to how traditional territories should be set up in the game. I see mod makers do different things here.

I recently started playing the (wonderful) Risky Business mod, set in 1985, as Championship Wrestling from Florida. In real life, CWF had a weekly TV-deal (1 hour) as well as weekly shows in their different towns (like Tampa every Tuesday and Orlando every Sunday). Supercards as we know it today were rarely used (they had one in September of that year).

Their size in the mod is Tiny. Clearly, 4-5 shows a week plus a tv-show won't work from a gameplay standpoint. But ideally, how should this be set up gameplay wise? One weekly event (1,5-2 hours) and a weekly TV-show? One monthly event and a weekly TV-show? Only a weekly or monthly event, with no TV?

2 hours ago, Chrom said:

This relates to something I've been thinking of lately when it comes to how traditional territories should be set up in the game. I see mod makers do different things here.

I recently started playing the (wonderful) Risky Business mod, set in 1985, as Championship Wrestling from Florida. In real life, CWF had a weekly TV-deal (1 hour) as well as weekly shows in their different towns (like Tampa every Tuesday and Orlando every Sunday). Supercards as we know it today were rarely used (they had one in September of that year).

Their size in the mod is Tiny. Clearly, 4-5 shows a week plus a tv-show won't work from a gameplay standpoint. But ideally, how should this be set up gameplay wise? One weekly event (1,5-2 hours) and a weekly TV-show? One monthly event and a weekly TV-show? Only a weekly or monthly event, with no TV?

You'd probably be best off going for a weekly event as it will work best from a gameplay perspective. A tiny company shouldn't really be dealing with TV at that size, and trying to replicate a situation where they're running as many shows as they did in reality is going to be both make them tedious to play as and probably burn them out really quickly too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam Ryland said:

You'd probably be best off going for a weekly event as it will work best from a gameplay perspective. A tiny company shouldn't really be dealing with TV at that size, and trying to replicate a situation where they're running as many shows as they did in reality is going to be both make them tedious to play as and probably burn them out really quickly too.

Thanks for the reply. That was my initial thought as well.

Is there any reason why a developmental worker would not be available to "borrow" for a show?  Other workers from the same dev company are available to borrow.  As far as I can tell, he is the only one I can't, however up until a couple weeks before in-game, I could borrow them.  They just aren't showing up in the list anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 10:22 PM, claxton110381 said:

Is there any reason why a developmental worker would not be available to "borrow" for a show?  Other workers from the same dev company are available to borrow.  As far as I can tell, he is the only one I can't, however up until a couple weeks before in-game, I could borrow them.  They just aren't showing up in the list anymore.

If you're currently negotiating an extension with them, they won't be available until they officially re-sign, so that's one possibility. Injuries are another, of course.

Edited by Almaida

13 minutes ago, Exeter said:

Does the AI not take penalties like players do from running the same matches over and over and over again? SWF has run the same tag match literally a dozen times in three months and it scores 80+ every time. Makes the game world feel artificial.

They do not…. Personally I turn off the penalty in the options section. 

I'm playing a companies that have a sizable women division, but now I'm trying to send the workers to a child companies that I created, which is all-woman. However when I try to send some bigger names they all said they don't want to go down because the company is too small. Is there an options like in TEW 2016 that allows you to send workers down to a child company just to work there?

20 minutes ago, JoshGallie said:

I'm playing a companies that have a sizable women division, but now I'm trying to send the workers to a child companies that I created, which is all-woman. However when I try to send some bigger names they all said they don't want to go down because the company is too small. Is there an options like in TEW 2016 that allows you to send workers down to a child company just to work there?

Nope, but you can use the editor to make the child promotion bigger to allow for bigger names to go down.

• Like 1