Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that's annoying the hell out of me is that I can't scroll with the arrow keys anymore. Really don't like having to click on every single name

Yeah, mouse wheel or down arrow are pretty necessary for the long database/search fields. I also think the "whiteboard" for database makers is too big and kinda ugly, what was wrong with the old notepad thing?

Yeah, mouse wheel or down arrow are pretty necessary for the long database/search fields. I also think the "whiteboard" for database makers is too big and kinda ugly, what was wrong with the old notepad thing?

Open a profile, and you can use the side arrows. Its pretty slick.

Canada and England are both down to just two companies each. Though if you told me CGC and NOTBPW were going to combine, that wouldn't've been my first guess.

SOTBPW changed its name and I'm kind of surprised it did. Though, considering they lost Champagne Lover to Hollywood, kind of expected.

Quite a few new faces over the last four years. There's a dude named Matt Blackburn who I must sign away from BHOTWG's right away. Dude's the next biggest star in the game if handled right. He's actually with PGHW, my bad.

Women's wrestling didn't expand like I had hoped. Was at least hoping like Canada or England had started up a women's federation. Especially considering Alicia Strong is still in USPW and the 11th most popular wrestler in the world (she's TEW's Chyna).

Australia hasn't changed too much. Europe is still trudging on.

India is completely bare of talent or companies. So, that's going to make things interesting there because you can stake your claim to TEW history by coming up with a federation for there.

This is going to be a lot of fun, I think. My wheels are already turning for what I can do here.

First reactions: These are all knee jerk initial reactions.

The new UI will take some getting used to but I'm sure once some skin's come out from our great community and I have some day's to get used to it I'll love it, it was just a surprise.

The "world tour" you get when you first load the game was great, I really really loved that. A+

The flashing scroll bars on the character select are a deal breaker, I hope there's a way to opt out of that because it's triggering me, I'm praying at this point that isn't a wide spread problem.

... turn's out it IS a wide spread problem, and unless I'm missing it there's no option to make it stop.

I'm sure there's lot's to love in this but that's really hard to get over.

update:

it turns out YOU CAN go into the options and unselect "enable new-style colored lists" in the preferences to stop this flashing scroll bar, thank god.