Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The editor is amazing. You guys hit that out of the ballpark. So thank you for that. Some parts of the UI is hard on the eyes. Specifically for me, the parts that look like a spreadsheet with all the whiteness to it. That's hard on the eyes. Hope to see it changed for release.

Workers now have a set "Perception" that is based on their popularity. So the game automatically treats them as "Stars", "Well known", etc.

There's a good explanation of how the perception is worked out in the handbook too (under Running Your Company).

Click on their name on the roster (it should be highlighted in yellow, it's at the top). That brings up their worker page. The roles will be there for you to click on and off, but Packer doesn't have a role by design, he's supposed to be a hands-off owner that lets the Booker run things their way.

Is there still the option for "Suggested Role"? Thanks for your reply.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ZeroTheViking" data-cite="ZeroTheViking" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there still the option for "Suggested Role"? Thanks for your reply.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Workers can now hold multiple roles, so you can have an active wrestler pulling double duty as a road agent as well. Their main profile screen shows you which roles they have assigned to them (just click on their picture to bring that up).</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: In other words, they don't need a suggested role because they can have more than one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="merrykieran2" data-cite="merrykieran2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Don't like that you can edit chemistry. feels a bit too "cheaty" for my liking if I'm being honest. Like most of the changes but not that</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In a game were you can max anyone stats out at any given time, this is the least of our problems, just because you CAN do something does not mean you should or will.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ZeroTheViking" data-cite="ZeroTheViking" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there still the option for "Suggested Role"? Thanks for your reply.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, because now workers can always have more than one role clicked. You can have someone who is simultaneously a road agent and a referee, for instance. Or a road agent and a color commentator, so the suggest a role is out.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="chase317" data-cite="chase317" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It looks to me that this was taken out of the oven a bit too soon.<p> </p><p> I wouldn't mind waiting another six months until its done.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> LMFAO</p>

<p>Yeah, I have to agree with the complaints regarding the UI, however, I don't think that's something that can be changed quickly. Let's hope there will be some good skins out relatively soon.</p><p> </p><p>

The other thing that's quite unfortunate is being unable to choose a fitting resolution, but that one could be chalked up to the UI again.</p>

I know I am in the minority but I like the new UI. I hated having to dive about for all the information I needed so having it all to hand is a big time saver for me!

I love the new UI. It took me a little bit to get used to, but once I did, the game became far easier to navigate and has a look that I really prefer.

The UI honestly seem really outdated, particularly for the price point we're going to be paying. It's not that I was expecting game changing design, but this was kinda at a basic level. I believe a lot will be adjusted through cosmetic skins, but at the stage it is in, it is hard on the eyes while I'm trying to get use to where everything is.

I think white space is used poorly throughout the UI. There are sections like the office screen where white space could be utilized to make the screen very aesthetic and user friendly. How a user's eyes move is vital. The boxes on the right are just dropped in, and the text in each box looks different. It gives an impression of "I'll put these here, and organize them later." My eyes look at them and immediately want to look away.

Then there are sections like the booking screen where the is so much white space that it feels like things are missing, and my eyes just don't know where to go. The card looks like one giant spreadsheet, and considering the overall new size of the game, it's overwhelming to see at first. Condensing that back down to a tight box would help eye flow on this screen.

Clean and crisp use of white space, boxes and borders. The company screen is a great example of a great page. I really like that page.

also, for the lover of Pete, give me my scrolling back in all the boxes.

*deep sigh*

I can't fathom how the decisions about the UI came to fruitition and how the beta testers didn't push the graphic design to a higher standard. I've said it year after year that the game looks horrid and most of the time it's been left to the community to fix things. It's an eyesore and for people with migraine like myself, at the state the game is in right now, it's unplayable.

It would be okay if the game would be easily modified but no: take a look at this:

tew20.png

It's a zoomed in image of the background. It's full of odd blurs, pixel bleeding and weird graphic design decisions. It's horrendous and hard to mod even for people with moderate editing software experience.