Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UI is my main issue, but I'll leave that for the other thread.

Just booked my first show for ACPW and I found it quite strange.

The crowd reacted negatively to six out of the ten people I booked, including Jamie Atherton - a star with solid performance stats.

Garry the Entertainer debuted with a comedy gimmick. It got a very good rating, yet attracted a major penalty to charisma for matches and angles - which basically kills him, since that's his whole value (and is a bizarre penalty for a successful comedy gimmick).

It was hard to work out match lengths. I had a simple formula for doing so based on card position, but I don't know how it works with the new system and I keep getting penalised for too-short "important" matches, even though they're throw-away openers.

I had one angle absolutely tank, and it's not apparent why.

The product screen is also confusing. It seems we can't manually adjust the match/angle ratio any more, which makes booking more difficult - especially when the product I started with is strangely angle-heavy for events.

So, I'm going to buy this, partially out of loyalty to the franchise and love for professional wrestling. The feature updates really age 2016, I hope to sink a ton of hours in to this and produce a fun diary or two along the way.

However, the UI is making my eyes bleed and absolutely has to be fixed. I don't know how Adam came to the conclusion this was acceptable or how the QA testers didn't throw up a bunch of red flags, but this just looks crude compared to the last three or four entries in the series. I'm definitely in the camp that says to increase the font size by 1 for a start, and then go from there.

One thing that's annoying the hell out of me is that I can't scroll with the arrow keys anymore. Really don't like having to click on every single name

Agreed. The most of the other changes are just things to get used to. The non scrolling is definitely a major "quality of life" issue. Otherwise it looks great and I am just slowly going through all of the updated Bios and company histories. Sad to see some of the originals have died, but circle of life ….

Can't wait to see what the mod creators do.

EDIT: Just saw Adam's post regarding the scroll. Will play around with it. Thanks

So, I'm going to buy this, partially out of loyalty to the franchise and love for professional wrestling. The feature updates really age 2016, I hope to sink a ton of hours in to this and produce a fun diary or two along the way.

However, the UI is making my eyes bleed and absolutely has to be fixed. I don't know how Adam came to the conclusion this was acceptable or how the QA testers didn't throw up a bunch of red flags, but this just looks crude compared to the last three or four entries in the series. I'm definitely in the camp that says to increase the font size by 1 for a start, and then go from there.

Yeah font size is definitely too small. I don't mind the look of the game as much as others I think it'll just take time to get used to. Especially since 2013 and 2016 looked very similar so it was a easy crossover. This is a total rehaul, which I like.

What I don't understand is why disabling the new-style list only affects some lists. If you dislike the new "feature" enough that you want to disable it, why make that only work for a subset of lists?

This.

Not being able to get to "call in ring", etc in the agent notes screen using my keyboard is a killer for me. So much unnecessary clicking.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="absolutelyridiculous" data-cite="absolutelyridiculous" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Another minor nitpick thing that only I notice: regen women are still huge lol.<p> </p><p> <a href="https://i.imgur.com/5LlTexh.png" rel="external nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/5LlTexh.png</a></p><p> </p><p> Like if she's a big, tall girl, around the size of Charlotte or Rhea Ripley, it's fine to designate her as a lightweight instead of small but she's not 211 pounds. The bios should generate different weight numbers for men and women.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I noticed that too.</p><p> </p><p> I think most of the women would fit in the Small Size category, with some of them being in Very Small, Light- and Middleweight. (It would help to put in the exact weight) Maybe it should look like this: </p><p> </p><p> Very Small (<120 lb): e.g. AJ Lee, Alexa Bliss, Kacy Catanzaro</p><p> Small (121 - 145 lb): 90% of the women in the wrestling world would fit in this category</p><p> Lightweight (146 - 170 lb): e.g. Allysin Kay, Charlotte Flair, Jordynne Grace</p><p> Middleweight (>170 lb): e.g. Jessicka Havok, Amazing Kong</p>

<p>I also feel like the data is organized in a very jumbled, unnecessarily compressed manner, like having to click arrows on a worker's profile to flip between 'Skills' and 'Attributes' or 'Popularity' and 'Contract Details'. Space is not used smartly, it seems like the intent was to cram as much on each screen however possible to reduce clicking. I'm in the camp that would much rather have had to make one more click somewhere to get a nice flat readout of the guy than a bunch of clicks on the same page to try and decipher a worker's stats.</p><p> </p><p>

That being said, I really don't mean to come off as dogpiling if I do. I'm super excited about all the new features, just not hot on the presentation of them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dalton" data-cite="Dalton" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Small gripe but is there any way to view a worker's tag team partners without going to their profile and clicking Personal Info? In 2016 it was right there under Relationships while browsing workers so it didn't require so many screens</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> This was a smaller gripe for me too! I was hoping this would be visible directly from view the worker in the Roster screen - of course, it's not a huge issue, but it would be nice for a quicker way to employ someone's tag partner.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordofGustav" data-cite="LordofGustav" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did anyone book a show so far? I tried, but i got blinded by the UI to do it and don't know how to.<p> </p><p> Also, did anyone import a TEW2016 data from a RW scenario?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have, booked a QAW show, went over really well, only thing I noticed is either it defaulted to or I accidentally clicked unscripted for two promos I did, which killed the rating, but besides that I booked in like 6 minutes, total breeze compared to TEW 2016.</p>

I'm disappointed in the tournament feature. It was one I was the most looking for. I really hope we could set up our own bracket. Like first round is done, we'd have to set up the second round with the remaining of wrestlers. I really don't like the fact that the game decides for me what my second round will be.

Overall a positive experience so far. I'm liking the extra options the space gives us. Some minor setbacks so far:

* Some questionable booking at first for CWA, with a very dubious choice of segments, focusing on frickin' Sean McFly alone backstage (durr), denying him a match spot. The main event was great but with the 50/50 split, the show bombed at 69 rating. If Viccie was still in this business, she'd slap Garcia across the locker room. 72 booking skill? Get outta here. :cool:

* The loading screens do show stats, but this makes it almost impossible to put loading screens. I can try but there' just too much holes.

* Some graphics missing, like the CWA logos, but I guess I can use the old ones for now.

Some nice surprises too like stable pictures. :eek: