Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it? It's booking all my individual matches at 3 minutes. And a 14 minute show-opening angle.

It might be the products then I suppose. I’m using TCW it booked me an ANGLE with Dean Daniels and Jay Chord going 15 minutes followed by a 24 minute match between the two. Jay is a major star and Dean is unimportant

But this only happens when forming the entire show. It’s so odd.

I should also clarify that these are both preshow segments, which is less bad? Odd either way.

What's so upsetting about this is that we have a week until the game fully releases. We aren't going to get all the right fixes, but if the private testers had actually brought up a lot of these problems, like UI, products, etc, maybe they would have been worked on.

there is no way to create a product type in the editor. that's so stupid.

Seems like Adam wants us to play the game his way and no other way. So we're stuck with these ridiculous product settings that gives us almost no freedom when it comes to booking

The product search helps in trying to find something closer to how I want to play. But it does take out a more sandboxy EWR kind of game with how this is.

In fairness to Adam this was promised in the Developers journal, and he is going to open it up to adding other products to the game.

I admit I haven't put in a lot of hours yet but I'm yet to find a list it didn't work on. Which ones is it not working on out of curiosity?

Most of the database editor menus including their picture folders, skills menus for rosters, among others.

It's really unfortunate because I like the colored lists, but it's such a downgrade to lose scrolling and arrow key navigation. I don't understand why that was necessary.

Seems like Adam wants us to play the game his way and no other way. So we're stuck with these ridiculous product settings that gives us almost no freedom when it comes to booking

Yeah I'm not a fan of that at all, hopefully the ability to create / edit the product type is added for the full release. Honestly that would be a hard thing to over look when deciding if I want to buy.

Its only the first night of the public beta. Calm down, yo. Ryland has pretty good credit in my book, I know he'll polish this thing up.

Be positive, homies.

Just came to say this. Its Day one of a beta release. Give it some time. Patches do happen you know.

It's the very first day of the Beta... I'm pretty sure Adam will fix things and make the game like we all want. Adam Always listen to the players.

Yeah I'm not a fan of that at all, hopefully the ability to create / edit the product type is added for the full release. Honestly that would be a hard thing to over look when deciding if I want to buy.

Right now the ability to edit/create products is what I'm hinging on whether I purchase or not.

WAY too many products don't allow you to book matches 20+ minutes.

He's also said that he will continue to add in products as the game goes on and people request certain product types that they will be going into the game through patches so I think the products will continue to be adapted based off of feedback.

I've played the demo a fair bit tonight:

Pros:

- The match booking screen is great

- Booking on the fly works really well

- Stats on the loading screen turn waiting for the next show into scouting time

- The extra attributes to rate angles add more opportunity to get the best out of workers

- The handbook is great

Cons:

- I don't hate the UI as much as some here but the 40 boxes on the right hand side of the office screen give me the grey dot illusion and it's hard to find what i'm looking for

- Minor complaint but the pictures of the workers on the booking screen and post match screen are tiny compared to 16

- The AI seem to split up the establish stables very quickly and add odd new ones (Frehley, James Justice, Running Wolf, Julius Moor and Trent Shaffer are now 'The Gremlins')

- This might be me being stupid but 3 times out of 3 when booking a show I have clicked on the yellowbar to start the show thinking it would take me to a screen to view potential booking options (I don't think the booking issues should be mentioned on the button, a pop up would be better)

He's also said that he will continue to add in products as the game goes on and people request certain product types that they will be going into the game through patches so I think the products will continue to be adapted based off of feedback.

Why not let the users create their own product types though? Why add in this unnecessary intermediary step?

Is there something about the game that it would BREAK if I wanted to run a promotion where all matches under 30 minutes are penalized for being too short, and we like risque gimmicks and angles?