Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWF, USPW, and TCW only seem to be getting 1,000-2,000 in attendance for TV Shows. I’m running weekly events as PSW and getting 1,000ish and my popularity is like half of theirs.

By default, the economy of the US in C-Verse 20 is set to start off low and rising. The bigger companies who are affected by the state of the wrestling world take a hit off that. Companies not as affected by the state of the game world like PSW are able to keep their head above water better than the likes of TCW.

By default, the economy of the US in C-Verse 20 is set to start off low and rising. The bigger companies who are affected by the state of the wrestling world take a hit off that. Companies not as affected by the state of the game world like PSW are able to keep their head above water better than the likes of TCW.

Isn't it random? There's a chance that I changed something without noticing while getting used to stuff, but my database has Canada's industry set to high and rising, Japan's industry and economy both set to low and rising, and everything else random.

After messing around with it off and on. I am starting to get used to the format and love the amount of information at your fingertips. I downloaded one of the new skins from the mod selection and it works great.

As soon as the mouse scrolling and down arrow working on all the screens is fixed, Ill be happy.

In my game, CWA, with 73 pop and 74 industry, are pulling about 2500 a show. EILL, with 80 pop and 51 industry, are pulling about 3000. These seem too low for those numbers. Maybe 2016 numbers were too high, but this seems like an overcorrection.

Well I booked two shows and that's enough for me to say that the new UI is horrible. It feels so clunky compared to 2016, which is really saying something.

Aside from the UI getting worse, most changes feel good or at least not bad. But damn, how the game got released with the interface in this state and none of the testers raised the issue is mind boggling.

Also I've been looking for 20 minutes and I still cant figure out how to remove a manager.

Two more thoughts:

Pro - Perception. I don't want pushes back. The game tells us how our fans see the workers and it's up to us where we put them on the card. Pushes are always so fiddly and the constant 'i'm not happy with my push' messages were annoying.

Cons - I miss the check stats button whilst booking angles. Now if I want to check what a wrestler is good at, I have to go into the roster, find the relevant worker and go into his profile or look through the long list of stats.

This a 100%, very annoying.

Now that I can actually read some things in the game without getting a headache (thanks to some great efforts from the community), some other reactions:

UI layout is still terrible even with color changes. The use of space is very inefficient. Font sizes are way too small. The change in colors, as others have mentioned, makes no sense, and feels very much as change for the sake of change and not change to make the game better.

There are too many hidden menus and hidden clickable things. It's frustrating. I'm clicking all over the screen trying to find something that might be hidden. I can't change a worker's role without clicking on one of their existing roles on their roster profile, and if they have no roles I have to click where it says how the fans perceive them to get to roles. This makes zero sense.

Not being able to scroll with a mouse wheel is utterly inexcusable.

Forcing players to grow their companies in a certain way by making the size requirements so specific takes some of the fun and creativity out of the game. Maybe I don't want to expand my company the way I'm forced to in order to achieve the next size level.

I can't find where to assign a manager to a worker, or to see who a manager's clients are.

When I look at the Creative screen and click on a worker in one of the lists, it shows me their profile as if they don't work for me even if they do. So I can't see, for example, their contract information, without backing out, going to the roster, and opening their profile again.

Forcing players to use predefined products that can't be customized or tweaked also seems unnecessary.

Minimum number of storylines seems a bit too high for some products.

The handbook is barely useful. Clicking a question mark on a screen only sometimes takes me to the relevant part of the handbook. It should be a PDF or a Word document that we can search through.

This is just what I've come across in the last half hour or so of poking around. The whole experience of this game is one of frustration and disappointment. It feels like a massive step back from 2016, filled with lots of changes that were only made for the sake of changing things and not to make a better game. And I've been playing since EWR, so I can't imagine how much of a turn-off this game would be for someone trying out the series for the first time. Without some serious fixing I won't be buying, and it makes me really sad to say that, because I was really looking forward to this game.

Some thoughts

The grades are awful, much too small and the colour change was completely unnecessary. I use and prefer numbers but it's the size.

Not being able to scroll or use keyboard keys on the worker list is horrible.

The show layout controls are very bad too.

I'm not a fan of the new layout but it could be worse.

But I've really enjoyed the small amount I have played so far.

Give me a Thunderverse, CV97 plus a converted 2016 database with new changes and I'll be delighted.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tew101" data-cite="Tew101" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The ratings color seems to counterintuitive. Yellow being mid 80s and higher, while green is 70s-mid 80s. Shouldn’t those be switched?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I second this, doesn't make sense that a rating of 100 is yellow, while mid-level 70-80s are green.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KevinStorm" data-cite="KevinStorm" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There are too many hidden menus and hidden clickable things. It's frustrating. I'm clicking all over the screen trying to find something that might be hidden. I can't change a worker's role without clicking on one of their existing roles on their roster profile, and if they have no roles I have to click where it says how the fans perceive them to get to roles. This makes zero sense.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KevinStorm" data-cite="KevinStorm" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can't find where to assign a manager to a worker, or to see who a manager's clients are.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can change people's roles and managers by just clicking on their name, exactly how you would change things about your roster in 2016.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KevinStorm" data-cite="KevinStorm" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The handbook is barely useful. Clicking a question mark on a screen only sometimes takes me to the relevant part of the handbook. It should be a PDF or a Word document that we can search through.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The handbook, is, again, pretty much the same as it was in 2016, except now it has the added automatic opening to relevant sections. As far as I can see, the handbook is much improved.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KevinStorm" data-cite="KevinStorm" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is just what I've come across in the last half hour or so of poking around. The whole experience of this game is one of frustration and disappointment. It feels like a massive step back from 2016, filled with lots of changes that were only made for the sake of changing things and not to make a better game. And I've been playing since EWR, so I can't imagine how much of a turn-off this game would be for someone trying out the series for the first time. Without some serious fixing I won't be buying, and it makes me really sad to say that, because I was really looking forward to this game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe play a little more than half an hour before desperately searching for things to trash about the game, because a lot of your complaints are just pretty much untrue or easy to find work-arounds by just, y'know, playing the game.</p>

I’ve seen some people be upset with not being able to decide the match/angle ratio and I’d like to point out that there is a quick fix. Go to the options and deselect enable match ratios and you’ll have the freedom to book whatever ratio you want. I ask that people try and relax just a tad as this is the beta and some of the things that are complained/commented on may be fixable through the option I’d say just go and peak to see. If it isn’t fixable through the option then wait for the actual release and the subsequent patches that’ll follow.

<p>So I haven't seen any official word from anyone that the UI will be fixed, I only heard about error fixes, I just hope for the sake of the game that the UI Problems would be adressed to spare us more threads and people complaining about the UI.</p><p> </p><p>

And before everything all the excitement I had for this game have gone away in one second looking at the UI, so I hope for the sake of success of this game that it will be fixed and simplified before launch.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FlippantFox" data-cite="FlippantFox" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can change people's roles and managers by just clicking on their name, exactly how you would change things about your roster in 2016.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Word? Because in 16 there was an actual button that says "Manager" where you could assign a manager, and if you clicked on a manager's name in the roster, you can click "Managing" to see a list of their clients. There was also a "push" button where you could change their role.</p><p> </p><p> But when I look at Eric Eisen, who doesn't have a role assigned, I have to click on "is considered well known to the fans" to get the screen where I can assign a role: <a href="https://imgur.com/ftrawwt" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/ftrawwt</a></p><p> </p><p> There's nowhere else I can see to click to assign a role, because with other workers who have a role already you click their role which is, for some reason, shown with a very tiny picture above the box that shows their availability.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The handbook, is, again, pretty much the same as it was in 2016, except now it has the added automatic opening to relevant sections. As far as I can see, the handbook is much improved.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Except, as I said, it only sometimes opens to the relevant section.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe play a little more than half an hour before desperately searching for things to trash about the game, because a lot of your complaints are just pretty much untrue or easy to find work-arounds by just, y'know, playing the game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I shouldn't have to dig for work-arounds to make a $35 game usable, and I'd love to play more than half an hour if I didn't start getting headaches from the poor UI. This is the Public Beta Reaction Thread. I posted my reaction, and I'm not the only one having the same reactions.</p>

I started my own promotion then signed some workers and changed their names and gimmicks. I booked my first show and despite the fact my names were all right on the roster page, the booking page, etc.....the show results showed everyone's original names??? Anyone else have this happen?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SilentScreams" data-cite="SilentScreams" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well I booked two shows and that's enough for me to say that the new UI is horrible. It feels so clunky compared to 2016, which is really saying something.<p> Aside from the UI getting worse, most changes feel good or at least not bad. But damn, how the game got released with the interface in this state and none of the testers raised the issue is mind boggling.</p><p> </p><p> Also I've been looking for 20 minutes and I still cant figure out how to remove a manager.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From what I've seen all testers are pointing at eachother for the blame on that one, saying it wasn't their job to complain about the UI just test the game.</p><p> </p><p> Maybe the game should've been released in Closed Beta for some people who are not testers or the dev or anyone under the pay role, or at least got screenshots and videos about the game before the release, because the problems with the UI and Functionality of this game can't be fixed before the April 30th release.</p>

<p>Wanted to give my take on the game (for the record, I've played every version since EWR 4)</p><p> </p><p>

User Interface = I don't really have a problem with it. Every game takes time getting used to. I had a really hard time getting into TEW 2016 and anyone that has followed my game on the 16 forums know I finally stuck with it. I think the only screen that bothers me is the office. Too many buttons but I also haven't spent enough time on it (since I've been editing). I just need to learn where everything is. Eventually I will get there.</p><p> </p><p>

Editor - I have no issue with it. I think the notepad is helpful for people who make actual MODS. I like the drop down menus a lot. I like the search features, etc. </p><p> </p><p>

Actual Gameplay - No comment. Haven't really played that much. I do have an issue with the card screen. I wish it wasn't aligned in the middle.</p><p> </p><p>

Booking Matches - Should be quicker.</p><p> </p><p>

Overall rating so far = 6/10</p><p> </p><p>

I haven't played the game enough to enjoy it but I have found modding my future 1980 game extremely easy. </p><p> </p><p>

I gave TEW 16 a 5/10 (it is a 8/10) in my book.</p>