Public Beta Reaction Thread

Can you do that for companies? when I search for companies there's no criteria to set and when I hit search all the companies disappear and it just says loading.

Yes you absolutely can! At least, I was able to.

And eliminating the bottom buttons certainly helped soooo much! I was confused by having multiple buttons saying the same thing. I understand having favorites, but that did not work for me, chief.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you absolutely can! At least, I was able to.

And eliminating the bottom buttons certainly helped soooo much! I was confused by having multiple buttons saying the same thing. I understand having favorites, but that did not work for me, chief.

Me I get this:

https://imgur.com/a/cQtzWNn

If go to search on companies, do you have anything to select from on that search screen? I have nothing.

I was checking that and now I am asking myself if there's even a way to get to relationships (personal information) via the roster screen loool. Like, if you can view their profile from the (top 25 matches, job history, etc...)

I'd love a quicker way to get to that screen. It feels like quite a chore at the moment, and it took me a while to find it the first time round!

Something else I absolutely LOVE about the game is the ability to easily see contract details. In 2016, I didn't actually ever look at those, but now it's convenient to do so.

There's a lot in this game to be excited about, folks. Once you get used to it, while it's not perfect quite yet, it's still really okay. And the roster screen is VERY good once you play around with it.

Something else I absolutely LOVE about the game is the ability to easily see contract details. In 2016, I didn't actually ever look at those, but now it's convenient to do so.

There's a lot in this game to be excited about, folks. Once you get used to it, while it's not perfect quite yet, it's still really okay. And the roster screen is VERY good once you play around with it.

Speeking of which, is there a way to access a worker's profile via that screen? Where it shows the 18 buttons like job history, chemistry, personal into, etc?

I haven't seen anybody else say it but I feel the schedule, or sorry I mean Events and TV (Why make that change?) screen is a big step back from 2016. The availability screen was changed so all the information was presented to you without having to click around but the the schedule was changed to have that exact problem. Feels like one step forward and two steps back there.

Pedantic - but is there a way to stop the Windows alert tone playing after every search in the editor? It's a nightmare for database making. Means I have to either turn the tone off for everything or work on mute.

Since there are no other sounds, you should be able to use Volume Mixer to just mute TEW.

Speeking of which, is there a way to access a worker's profile via that screen? Where it shows the 18 buttons like job history, chemistry, personal into, etc?

You can use the arrows to navigate to several other screens, including one where you can search for and access the profile of workers.

Click on the picture. (I spent ages trying to figure that out until DJlightning told me in the Discord!)

I know that this a been stated several times but one of the tweaks i'd have preferred in UI is to get rid of mini windows popping up. Instead use back and front buttons like an internet browser.

Make the suggestion in the suggestion forum for TEW2020. It's a good one.

What do you mean by worker's profile? Just to clarify what you're looking for.

You can use the arrows to navigate to several other screens, including one where you can search for and access the profile of workers.

Click on the picture. (I spent ages trying to figure that out until DJlightning told me in the Discord!)

Bingo! I knew I had that opened that on the roster screen at some point! Just couldn't remember how so I clicked on every single goddamn text on that screen. Hell, I even clicked on my PC's time and date button out of panic ^^

I completely forgot to click on the worker's pic.

Now I even remember when I found out about that a couple of days ago I was like: Sweet, not that's a pretty dope feature :)

I'm temporarily locking this as forum rules are being broken and I need to tidy things up a bit. Expect some posts to be removed soon, hopefully won't be closed for long and we can get back to being constructive about TEW20. I appreciate the passion people have for the game overall, it shows you really care, but follow the rules and channel that passion into being helpful. :)

EDIT: Thread is open again after about 10 minutes. I'm going to send out a few PMs to people, some will get a warning. No one will be banned, I understand that we're all wanting to get the best game possible and that we have all been looking forward to TEW20. Lots of thigns are under review and being worked on, hence the release date being pushed back. So keep making suggestions, especially for products if you are one of the many people who don't currenty like new Product system, and let's all focus our passion on making thing better. :)

I've just gone into the editor and looked at workers attributes for literally the very first time and I'm not gonna lie, it scares the living hell out of me as a mod maker. xD Fortunately, it seems the converter does a relatively good job of coming up with a good list to start with but there's so many options (and options that simply couldn't be covered in the converting process) that you could spend hours just trying to create the perfect possibilities for a single worker. I both love it and hate it at the same time.

I love having the depth of so many pre-set products. That is a big upgrade. I think the best thing to do though is to keep those and also allow the products to be editable. Someone pages back made the valid point that products evolve over time. And if I want to change how my company is presented, I shouldn't have to go to some drastic new product and take the massive backlash that would come from it. So, the best compromise (imo) is to keep the pre-sets, but also allow them to be editable.

I love having the depth of so many pre-set products. That is a big upgrade. I think the best thing to do though is to keep those and also allow the products to be editable. Someone pages back made the valid point that products evolve over time. And if I want to change how my company is presented, I shouldn't have to go to some drastic new product and take the massive backlash that would come from it. So, the best compromise (imo) is to keep the pre-sets, but also allow them to be editable.

Just match:angle ratio. That's all I ask. Please 😭😭😭