Public Beta Reaction Thread

Do you have to create NXT Tho?

I mean, if you play WWF and get a game to the point NXT should exist, then just create it.

That's true, but I'm taking it there's no way for the AI to open it at the right time. Are there cheat codes to switch to other companies mid game so I can open it for them? That would be an ok workaround.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true, but I'm taking it there's no way for the AI to open it at the right time. Are there cheat codes to switch to other companies mid game so I can open it for them? That would be an ok workaround.

You could always just add another player mid game via the options menu and take control of wwe to create nxt then resign

You could always just add another player mid game via the options menu and take control of wwe to create nxt then resign

Another way to do it without having to start a multiplayer game would be to create a blank database and then within that database create WWF and NXT, setting the latter up as a child company of the former. Then use the in-game options/settings menu, select "import", and import the NXT data into the game once the time comes. No need to assign an "owner" or booker, as the AI will choose who heads it, etc. Unless that too has changed from 2016.

On another note: I didn't mention re-implementing user attribute templates upon starting a new game as a desired change, but just when I thought about it I see that it's back in as of the newest update (#14). Good.

Am I the only one who find it weird to sign a wrestler from another continent to come work in canada, without needing to pay for his travel cost. The guy is crazy to switch from japan to canada every week for 20$ haha

Would also be nice to have a specific language for the hire rule, to keep the cultural identity of some small european promotion by example.

Another way to do it without having to start a multiplayer game would be to create a blank database and then within that database create WWF and NXT, setting the latter up as a child company of the former. Then use the in-game options/settings menu, select "import", and import the NXT data into the game once the time comes. No need to assign an "owner" or booker, as the AI will choose who heads it, etc. Unless that too has changed from 2016.

I think it has changed, as far as I can tell development company arrangements are now set via company relationships which you can't import mid game. Unless I'm missing something obvious there's nothing in the company database to assign them as developmental.

I'll live without it, but it's an issue for historical real world players. Would like to see (and will post this in the suggestions board for what it's worth) ability to pre-set developmental like you can a company being property of a broadcaster or a pre-alliance.

I think it has changed, as far as I can tell development company arrangements are now set via company relationships which you can't import mid game. Unless I'm missing something obvious there's nothing in the company database to assign them as developmental.

You couldn't import company relationships in 2016 either, now that I double checked. So forget what I stated, as it was incorrect anyway.

I'll live without it, but it's an issue for historical real world players. Would like to see (and will post this in the suggestions board for what it's worth) ability to pre-set developmental like you can a company being property of a broadcaster or a pre-alliance.

That's a great suggestion.

My question is -- why is it an issue for historical real world players? Isn't the idea of historical mods to see how wrestling would have been different if different decisions have been made?

What if Steve Austin doesn't ever become Stone Cold because you're playing a 1994 mod and he never makes the transition in 1996 and get the mega push. The world would be different.

What if WCW never closes in 2001 so the competition doesn't end and Jeff Jarrett isn't available to help his dad start TNA?

I always thought the appeal of historical mods was for things to be a 'what if' scenario and for the world to develop differently, so you wouldn't necessarily need WWE to start NXT to become their child company.

My question is -- why is it an issue for historical real world players? Isn't the idea of historical mods to see how wrestling would have been different if different decisions have been made?

What if Steve Austin doesn't ever become Stone Cold because you're playing a 1994 mod and he never makes the transition in 1996 and get the mega push. The world would be different.

What if WCW never closes in 2001 so the competition doesn't end and Jeff Jarrett isn't available to help his dad start TNA?

I always thought the appeal of historical mods was for things to be a 'what if' scenario and for the world to develop differently, so you wouldn't necessarily need WWE to start NXT to become their child company.

I've got nothing against people who want to play real world that way, they should be able to go into the database and delete NXT (or FCW, or OVW etc...) so it doesn't show up. Am just asking to give people who do want to play semi-historical the same option as somebody who starts a new game in 2012 after NXT opens.

Everyone plays this game differently but I can't be the only one who wants some elements of history to unfold as they did in real life. For instance I don't think I've ever seen a mod that doesn't have NWA:TNA/TNA set to open in advance even if WCW is still alive with Jeff Jarrett working in it. Some have WCW opening even if JCP is around but I have the control to delete WCW and use a narrative to change JCP if I want.

I know you're never going to please anyone, but it frustrates me that I can set two workers to despise each other before either of them are born and the game doesn't care, but trying to pre-load a company relationship causes a critical error. If you just had the relationship sleep until both companies were active it would be a win for 'what if', semi historical and historical players.

Cado was specifically talking about dev companies.

I liken it to a Civilization playthrough, let's use America as the civ. If, how, where, when and why Americans learn new techs or wage wars should be different each play through just like if, how, where and when Austin receives a mega push should be. Having NXT debut and then become another companies feeder territory or be created by Eric Bischoff and be their own thing is a step too far for me personally. It would be like having a Civ game where Egypt creates the new city of Los Angeles. I'm sure both of those scenarios sound fun to many people and I'm not arguing for their removal or saying that playstyle should be discouraged. I'm saying the option to have it both ways should be included and both playstyles should be encouraged.

So often over the past few weeks when people have expressed their desire for a change or addition I've seen so many replies acting as if they're asking for the removal of something or attempting to force one type of playstyle upon everyone, instead of what they're really asking for which is the option to do something.

I'm pretty sure Adam understands this and tries to represent it as best he can, things like Mandatory owners etc have been staples of historical mods for years now. Maybe this was missed?

Options are always a good thing in a text based sim.

Don't get me wrong, I have zero problem with people wanting the feature or the ability to set companies to be opened as child companies or relationships to be set to start between companies at a certain date for historical accuracy. The feature itself doesn't bother me or effect me in anyway, but I wanted to understand the logic behind it for it to be added in as a feature. I've always looked at historical mods as being a place where you go to see what happens and have the world evolve differently and becomes a vastly different place than the wrestling world we have.

Ultimately, it wont' effect me at all or how I play, so I don't have a dog in the fight one way or another, but I know that for a feature to be added in, it helps for the reasoning to be explained as clearly as possible so that it can get laid out correctly.

Perhaps the best way to achieve this would be through a narrative functionality as opposed to company relationships -- so that way it can happen so long as the world would make sense for it to happen.

For instance, WWE formed their developmental relationship with OVW in 1999 (though OVW had been a company for several years prior), so perhaps a function of narratives could be to add in the company relationship to start so long as both companies are open -- as opposed to having the ability to have company relationships preset for as-of-yet to debut companies -- so then things could happen at the time and place and make fuller use of the narrative function.

Don't get me wrong, I have zero problem with people wanting the feature or the ability to set companies to be opened as child companies or relationships to be set to start between companies at a certain date for historical accuracy. The feature itself doesn't bother me or effect me in anyway, but I wanted to understand the logic behind it for it to be added in as a feature.

We have narratives, preset mandatory owners, preset dojos linked to companies to ensure new workers debut in said company and many more features already in game already and are core staples of historical mods as I said. The logic would be the same as the existing features logic.

I've always looked at historical mods as being a place where you go to see what happens and have the world evolve differently and becomes a vastly different place than the wrestling world we have.

Many people look at historical mods differently and enjoy different things from them. More options means more play styles and thus more players will enjoy it.

We have narratives, preset mandatory owners, preset dojos linked to companies to ensure new workers debut in said company and many more features already in game already and are core staples of historical mods as I said. The logic would be the same as the existing features logic.

Many people look at historical mods differently and enjoy different things from them. More options means more play styles and thus more players will enjoy it.

I’m all for as many kinds of play styles being viable as possible. I want the game to appeal to as wide a demographic as possible.

This is a good rundown of why it feels like an oversight that developmental territories can't be preset - there is already so much that can be preset in the game I don't see how this is radically different. Feels like a legacy hangover from TEWs before NXT existed.

If a relationship between people can be dormant until both parties are active then why can't companies? I'd be interested to know what would happen if you allowed the game to start with a pre-set company relationship rather than causing a critical game-blocking error.

Alternatively just add company relationships to the in-game editor and we can make the appropriate changes ourselves when the target company spawns.

Via these posts I've come to the conclusion that there is no easy way to achieve historically correct AI dev territories at the moment. I'm hoping that my post in the suggestions thread will be looked upon favourably for the future.

To tie it back to the beta feedback, I think the new company relationship section is a really good step forward and can see how it will be good for real world games. It just feels we're missing that last little step that would give more flexibility to mod makers and players alike.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="francis86" data-cite="francis86" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Am I the only one who find it weird to sign a wrestler from another continent to come work in canada, without needing to pay for his travel cost. The guy is crazy to switch from japan to canada every week for 20$ haha<p> </p><p> Would also be nice to have a specific language for the hire rule, to keep the cultural identity of some small european promotion by example.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, I've always thought was strange too. I think the travel costs should be the barrier to people working in different regions. It would be cool if it worked in a way that everyone will work everywhere unless they have an attribute which makes them want to stay at home but if you fly someone in you pay their travel.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My question is -- why is it an issue for historical real world players? Isn't the idea of historical mods to see how wrestling would have been different if different decisions have been made? <p> </p><p> What if Steve Austin doesn't ever become Stone Cold because you're playing a 1994 mod and he never makes the transition in 1996 and get the mega push. The world would be different. </p><p> </p><p> What if WCW never closes in 2001 so the competition doesn't end and Jeff Jarrett isn't available to help his dad start TNA?</p><p> </p><p> I always thought the appeal of historical mods was for things to be a 'what if' scenario and for the world to develop differently, so you wouldn't necessarily need WWE to start NXT to become their child company.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> People adhere to different levels of historical "strictnes" when it comes to historical mods.</p><p> </p><p> In my mods, I like to control worker potentials - to ensure that a guy like Bryan Danielson can become a fantastic worker while a guy like John Cena doesn't become the world's greatest mat technician. Others want less determination and prefer random potentials for the surprise and excitement, to represent a world where everything is possible once you start.</p><p> </p><p> Others again go a step further than and creates narratives for wrestlers becoming more popular at a set date, a company becoming richer on a set date, a worker getting hurt on a set date, etc. - whereas that's too much control and determination for my taste.</p><p> </p><p> It's all a matter of taste, and I see no reason why the game shouldn't cater to as many types of players as possible.</p><p> </p><p> You can preset a company to start in a specific alliance (at least you could in 2016, I assume this option hasn't been removed) - so why not preset a development company?</p>

No, I've always thought was strange too. I think the travel costs should be the barrier to people working in different regions. It would be cool if it worked in a way that everyone will work everywhere unless they have an attribute which makes them want to stay at home but if you fly someone in you pay their travel.

Or set it up so that they move to your region or area upon signing. Because that's honestly what would happen in most cases. When Muta came back to the NWA for like, the third time (he had runs in Florida and elsewhere in the US as "The White Ninja" or "Muto, the Ninja" before getting The Great Muta gimmick) which wasn't a traditional excursion at all. Dude just straight up left Japan and started working the States (for JCP in this case). He lived in the South during that time, not Japan. Crockett was overspending for travel, having bought two private planes to fly Dusty and the Horsemen around and the second for the B crew, but he wasn't stupid enough to pay for flights to and from Japan.

My answer to that is:

As Gorilla Monsoon once stated when asked why children of the time liked pro wrestling so much: "It's comic books."

See, there's two schools of thought in terms of alternate history fiction:

There's the type that skews close to main canon like, say, Silver and Bronze Age Earth-Two (depending on one's viewpoint as to which was the "true" DCU during that time), where the heroes still have the same origins, with the same names (both hero and civilian identities) and largely act the same, but with small tweaks here and there (Batman marries Catwoman and becomes mayor of Gotham, Superman is older and has married Lois and works for the Daily Star instead of the Daily Planet, etc.).

There's the other type that deviates further from canon. DC terms these Elseworlds, Marvel terms them What Ifs?. Bruce Wayne doesn't become Batman and instead becomes a Green Lantern. Kal-El grows up as Bruce Wayne rather than Clark Kent and becomes a superpowered Batman, Spider-Man keeps the six arms he had at one time and mutates further into being a giant mutant spider, Silver Surfer keeps the power of the Infinity Gauntlet, etc.

Inherently, any historical mod is going to deviate from what actually happened in reality (or what passes for reality) - it could be slight, as is the case with stuff like Earth-Two, or it could be major like an Elseworlds - but the level of deviation is something that is open to the storyteller or, in this case, the mod creator (and/or the player themselves).

Heck, some of the historical mods for 2016 include narratives denoted with asterisks that include worker deaths, company closures, etc. for that very purpose, so that the player (or anyone who is modding that database) can delete or keep those narratives if they so choose. Indeed, I myself tend to duplicate any historical database that includes those types of narratives, with the copy being the one wherein I remove them completely - and I play either one when the mood strikes me.

Been working on the editor a bit the last two days. Excluding the aforementioned dislikes about the editor. It's a very smooth thing transitioning between screens. Very nice to work on it for what I've done so far.

I can't speak highly enough for how simple it's become adding gimmicks. That really does need to be appreciated!

10 out of 5 stars for the gimmick implementation! I really hated the way the old gimmick system was done before. A total pain trying to figure out how the old system worked.

Now it lets me rename the gimmick & change what I want on the wrestlers screen!

The attributes is another really cool thing. It lets you tell a story about the character without ever needing to add one line of text.

You'll know everything about the way that person is expected to live in the gameworld, just from the attributes!

Been really cool adding them to my DBZ mod & figuring out what fits that characters stuff.

Will say this though, I wish the attributes screen had an "all" option. Sometimes I have an idea of the name of the att I want to add, but don't remember which section it's on. So If they could add that, it would be cool not a dealbreak whatsoever though.

Also wish I had the 15% of the screen that 2016 used to give me. That made it easier to swap between Google, Gimp & file explorer.

Other than that, it's pretty good.

I just wish that searching for new road agents wasn't so hard to do. The road agent skills are the only skill that can't be filtered for when searching the "workers."

Wouldn't that just maybe be Psychology & maybe experience?

I'm not really sure what road agents are based on with 2020.

I just wish that searching for new road agents wasn't so hard to do. The road agent skills are the only skill that can't be filtered for when searching the "workers."

Search for psychology, respect and experience. the higher the stats the better the road agent.

there is no 'road agent' skill