TEW2020 CornellVerse Discussion Thread

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great fate has befallen us all today friends.

Join me in remembering the good times of Scythe's original render now that it has gone to the render replacement factory in the sky. :(

I did the retail to demo and I still have the old render...did you do retail to demo or fresh install?

Hi! I'm new to the C-Verse and was wondering if anyone could fill me on what happened to Cliff ''Dark Angel'' Wilson? I can't seem to find him in the game by using any of the search functions, eg ''left the business'' or ''deceased''!?

He's under the name Clfford Wilson and he's actually still working, as a road agent for 21CW.

So I ran my very first TCW show and got a 76 overall. Pretty happy with it but noticed my angles sucked because most had nothing interesting going on I guess. I also had a referee getting tired early on.

Stop running angles rated only on passive abilities (menace, overness, sex appeal, star quality) if you want to avoid that.

Stop running angles rated only on passive abilities (menace, overness, sex appeal, star quality) if you want to avoid that.

Yep. And the Gargantuan pushes of ye ole are gone. I have no idea how to get these big lugs over now. And I kinda went all-in on them.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>Japan</strong></p><p> What the... So the tsunami from the 2016 game is canon and it turned things upside down. GCG finally tapped out, WEXXV closed and left a huge void in the deathmatch scene and despite the hints of shady investors, it was not EXODUS2010 but WLW that were revealed to be connected to the yakuza. This means the Modern Japan Movement is dead and buried, westen schedules are no longer considered cool and everyone's doing tours again. Black Canvas are the clear winners here, having not only survived but growing steadily and landing a broadcast deal too. In PGHW and BHOTWG, all of the old guard retired and it's make or break with their successors having to step up.</p><p> </p><p> Japan was definitely the biggest shakeup, but that was to be expected with the tsunami. I'm sad that WEXXV is gone. My two longest saves in 2016 were actually with WEXXV and CGC, both companies which now no longer exist. I am really happy that Senmatsu is in BHOTWG with his own stable though. He's my favourite Japanese Cverse wrestler. I really liked the tag team of PUNK Nasty Club as well and its a really good fit to have them with him in the stable.</p><p> </p><p> If I do a BHOTWG save Senmatsu-gun are getting pushed to the moon.</p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Stop running angles rated only on passive abilities (menace, overness, sex appeal, star quality) if you want to avoid that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So how do you run angles then?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Juce" data-cite="Juce" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So how do you run angles then?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Abuse your most entertaining workers. If you don't have an entertaining non-wrestler, go get one. Someone with good to great mic, charisma, acting (preferably all three). Think of angles you've seen (assuming you watch wrestling at all).</p><p> </p><p> If Brock Lesnar comes out and stares at the camera for 8 minutes, who's going to like that? That's what a menace rated angle is. It's not the least bit interesting. Add Paul Heyman (always rated on Entertainment) and it changes the entire segment and makes it 'interesting'.</p><p> </p><p> There has to be someone in an angle that makes it interesting. Otherwise, it's just some person standing there mean mugging (menace), trying way too hard to look pretty (sex appeal), or giving the Randy Orton turnbuckle pose (star quality/overness).</p>

It's my first TEW and i play a savegame with EWA. It's really hard for me to get a good rating to increase my populartiy.

I played 7 Month and get 40 - 48 ratings. But these Ratings haven't any positiv effects to my Populartiy.

Any tips to increase my ratings over 50 to get more populartiy? :)

With all due respect, Brock Lesnar can come out and stare at the camera for 3 hours and I would watch it.

It can't be any worse than double duty Baron, and MacIntyre jobbing out newly formed jabroni stables in between scripted women's promos that you can OBVIOUSLY tell was written by 40-year-old men writing for teenage girls to the sound of echos and silence.

Does anyone know who the CW equivalent of Ric Flair is in terms of the performer who's held the highest number of major world titles? Would like to have Jay Chord break their record

Sam Keith I would say personally. . He's held a "World" Title 10 Times. . Although his 2 CGC title runs might not classify as major considering when they occurred. .

Dick The Devastator Held the AAFW Title 18 Times but I'm not entirely sure if that would be considered a Major title as it's stated as occurring in the territory days. .

I did make a quick scan, but I didn't see anyone else that had more than Sam.. someone else might have more accurate information.

I’m new to the C-Verse and I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about the C-Verse running out of future characters after about 2 years? Is this true? If it is - how can I combat this? I want to play a long save but it’ll be a shame if the characters are limited after about 2 years!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mr. Ramen" data-cite="Mr. Ramen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I’m new to the C-Verse and I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about the C-Verse running out of future characters after about 2 years? Is this true? If it is - how can I combat this? I want to play a long save but it’ll be a shame if the characters are limited after about 2 years!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe it won't run out if you turn off "new workers must have pictures" in the preferences, plus there are hundreds of free pictures anyway and workers who retire get regenerated into new youngsters, with the same picture</p><p> </p><p> However there is also Creepergavs future workers you can add to the game using some free pictures here <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547262" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547262</a></p><p> </p><p> I dont have the game yet, but you'll never run out as long as you dont mind some blank worker pictures</p>