TCW Discussion Thread

15 hours ago, dabramaitys said:

Had the idea to have my user "step away" from creative for maybe a year or so in order to book my developmental roster and try and get some momentum going for the young guns. How would someone simulate this in game?

If you're married to your user log and user stats and are able to appoint head bookers to your development company you can appoint someone to be the head booker and release them or set their contract length to one day and then resign from TCW and apply to the development company.  I was able to get the job for my development company and get back into TCW on my test. If you were to play it out then TCW would appoint a new head booker and you would have to manually edit their contract to get them out of it when you want to return and re-apply to TCW.

If you're not married to the log and stats add a new player which allows you to resign your intended character from the game. Join as a new player (your intended character) to your development company and then leave the game with your second character. This is the option you would use for MAW since you don't control the company as TCW.

On 4/4/2023 at 7:03 PM, Kluge said:

If you're married to your user log and user stats and are able to appoint head bookers to your development company you can appoint someone to be the head booker and release them or set their contract length to one day and then resign from TCW and apply to the development company.  I was able to get the job for my development company and get back into TCW on my test. If you were to play it out then TCW would appoint a new head booker and you would have to manually edit their contract to get them out of it when you want to return and re-apply to TCW.

If you're not married to the log and stats add a new player which allows you to resign your intended character from the game. Join as a new player (your intended character) to your development company and then leave the game with your second character. This is the option you would use for MAW since you don't control the company as TCW.

Helpful! Thanks man

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question, does anybody know the origin of Aldous Blackfriar's alter ego, Matthew DeVille. I signed him in my TCW game and was originally gonna have him keep his name but now I'm intrigued. It also mentions a stable called The Inverted Trilogy but I can't find a logo for it in the picture pack.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, suggestion time. Looking for tag team suggestions for a specific team or workers who could be made into a team. I've looked a LOT of possibilities but figured I'd ask for some thoughts. 

Haven't had a proper TCW save yet on the 2020 default data. So putting plans in place (which might be as far as it goes lol). Looking over the roster, looking over potential signings, trying to ensure I don't bloat the roster too grossly... Realize I miss The New Wave... but reforming them directly isn't that appealing. Always one of my favorite combos in the CV, and I love me some tag teams. The idea of a talented pairing where both were good enough to do well on their own, the military / paramilitary gimmick, and the ability to work great matches of any type... That just appeals to me. But instead of living in the past by resurrecting the dead team, I can recreate the past by rebranding a team to be a new version. So they become...

The Newer Wave

Uhhh... that won't be the name. But I figure I can find an existing team that kinda suits the idea, give em some free pic renders of face paint or even military-type masks. One Man Army will lead them, at least at first. Be the voice, even tho he's not great on the mic. So I start digging in the data for options. There are many. Too many. I'm getting bogged down in the options. Partly because I'm not being super restrictive in my search.

I find some options. The likes of The American Cobras look close to ideal, but I keep looking. Casey Brothers are too raw and Tully is... not ideal. Have other ideas for the Night Terrors and Ring Generals. Dynamite Express aren't available. Notorious, Wild Cats, Yukon Boys, LA Stars, Rich n Famous, and Past Masters... none quite fit the targeted dynamics. Next of Vipers are a bit older than ideal. I was starting to troll thru Aussie companies and another idea kicked in. I had spotted Xavi Ferrera in PSW. OMA's protege and I think there used to be a face-painted alt of him. Used to add him as a third to The New Wave on older Cverse editions. Maybe I find another suitable candidate like Xavi and pair them as a new team? Or even add a third to team to make a trio (a la The Shield). Now there are way too many options lol.

So what I'm looking for a team... individual workers (who can paired or tri'd up) or a team. Prefer under 30 and signable without editing. Fairly open on size and style, but big plodding super heavies or a duo of tiny flippy dudes isn't quite the ideal. Diverse styles and skills would be great, as I would love to emulate the "can work any style of match" dynamic that Guide and Scout had. They should be solid overall workers, decent Star Quality (60 plus), reasonably athletic, and without problematic issues (really negative personality, bad habits). Able to work babyface. They don't have to be American, but that does work nicely. They also don't NEED to be fully developed and ready for a big company, but it would be nice if they didn't need to percolate in developmental for a year before they can debut. For individual workers, there are a lot of "likely future stars" that I'd probably prefer to avoid (Ernest Youngman, Fro Sure, Blackfriar, Ash Campbell, DWN, etc). 

Could fall into any of the three options...

Option One - an existing team

Option Two - a new team of individual workers. 

Option Three - an individual worker paired with an existing team. 

23 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Okay, suggestion time. Looking for tag team suggestions for a specific team or workers who could be made into a team. I've looked a LOT of possibilities but figured I'd ask for some thoughts. 

Haven't had a proper TCW save yet on the 2020 default data. So putting plans in place (which might be as far as it goes lol). Looking over the roster, looking over potential signings, trying to ensure I don't bloat the roster too grossly... Realize I miss The New Wave... but reforming them directly isn't that appealing. Always one of my favorite combos in the CV, and I love me some tag teams. The idea of a talented pairing where both were good enough to do well on their own, the military / paramilitary gimmick, and the ability to work great matches of any type... That just appeals to me. But instead of living in the past by resurrecting the dead team, I can recreate the past by rebranding a team to be a new version. So they become...

The Newer Wave

Uhhh... that won't be the name. But I figure I can find an existing team that kinda suits the idea, give em some free pic renders of face paint or even military-type masks. One Man Army will lead them, at least at first. Be the voice, even tho he's not great on the mic. So I start digging in the data for options. There are many. Too many. I'm getting bogged down in the options. Partly because I'm not being super restrictive in my search.

I find some options. The likes of The American Cobras look close to ideal, but I keep looking. Casey Brothers are too raw and Tully is... not ideal. Have other ideas for the Night Terrors and Ring Generals. Dynamite Express aren't available. Notorious, Wild Cats, Yukon Boys, LA Stars, Rich n Famous, and Past Masters... none quite fit the targeted dynamics. Next of Vipers are a bit older than ideal. I was starting to troll thru Aussie companies and another idea kicked in. I had spotted Xavi Ferrera in PSW. OMA's protege and I think there used to be a face-painted alt of him. Used to add him as a third to The New Wave on older Cverse editions. Maybe I find another suitable candidate like Xavi and pair them as a new team? Or even add a third to team to make a trio (a la The Shield). Now there are way too many options lol.

So what I'm looking for a team... individual workers (who can paired or tri'd up) or a team. Prefer under 30 and signable without editing. Fairly open on size and style, but big plodding super heavies or a duo of tiny flippy dudes isn't quite the ideal. Diverse styles and skills would be great, as I would love to emulate the "can work any style of match" dynamic that Guide and Scout had. They should be solid overall workers, decent Star Quality (60 plus), reasonably athletic, and without problematic issues (really negative personality, bad habits). Able to work babyface. They don't have to be American, but that does work nicely. They also don't NEED to be fully developed and ready for a big company, but it would be nice if they didn't need to percolate in developmental for a year before they can debut. For individual workers, there are a lot of "likely future stars" that I'd probably prefer to avoid (Ernest Youngman, Fro Sure, Blackfriar, Ash Campbell, DWN, etc). 

Could fall into any of the three options...

Option One - an existing team

Option Two - a new team of individual workers. 

Option Three - an individual worker paired with an existing team. 

What about Xavi and Ring Generals? I paired OMA with Xavi as the Nu Wave. 

2 hours ago, Jaysin said:

What about Xavi and Ring Generals? I paired OMA with Xavi as the Nu Wave. 

Love me some ring Generals. But I have them ear-marked for another unit. 

Even if I didn't, they are a bit older than I'd prefer, and both are technicians. Also lean towards heel. Being picky, I know. 

Nu Wave. Nice. One of the names I've been toying with so you may have mentioned it before. Xavi and OMA as a pair might be a decent starting point, especially if whoever else I pick needs time for development. 

Starting to think pairing a random duo or trio might be the best bet. Endless options but also endless possibilities. That can be fun. One of my favorite ever units I put together was a trio in some early releases of the Tverse. Wanted to create a Tverse version of the New Wave, ironically enough. Ended up putting together a mixed group that was a regular wrestler with good SQ, a lightweight brawler, and a MW technician. The idea was a long-term trio group with a para-military theme (this was before The Shield). Intended long-term story arc was always going to be a bit like what The Shield ended up being, except not all 3 were going to be stars. Maybe I can settle on a mixed group like that - Xavi, Ant-Man and someone more technical or a flier... just a nice mix of styles. 

I would say pair Xavi & OMA as a team & add someone like The Silencer or Devil Dog (Bio says former marine) as manager. Silencer & Devil Dog have good menace and will build popularity as a manager. Then at like Total Mayhem 2021 or later you can do Xavi/Silencer/Devil Dog vs reformed New Wave. 

So last year, I had created a new TCW save, to do it all over again after all my years of "experience" with TEW2020.  Unfortunately, a terrible thing happened to me.  I had a son!  😀  So with two kids flying around, I just didn't have time to do anything in the last year, especially any type of games.  But now, things are settling down a bit and I can dive back into TEW.  I was only a few months into my new TCW game when I had to pause, so I said screw it and just started from scratch. 

So here ya go.  The first PPV from my brand new TCW save:

TCW Malice in Wonderland 2020

Show Rating: 84, Crowd Attendance: 45,699

Greg Gauge def. Tana The Mighty to retain the TCW Television Championship.  (76)

(With his father Sam Keith now managing him, Greg Gauge looks to become the next big star in TCW.  Weeks from now, after his father's request, Greg would even accept taking on the Keith name to further the family's wrestling legacy.  Greg Keith now is primed to takeover the wrestling world!)

The Elite def. Chance Fortune & Frederique.  (61)

{Darryl Devine of Devine Fortune would be injured days prior to the PPV.  Frederique would step in for Devine, but also take the L for his team.)

Mighty Mo def. Freddy Huggins. (79)

W.M.D. (Human Arsenal & Maverick) battled Grimm Enterprise's Joshua Taylor & Roderick Remus to a Double Count Out.  (68)

(Brother Grimm has come to TCW, and his first clients for Grimm Enterprise are Taylor & Remus, two extremely talented men that he believes can become the next great tag team in professional wrestling.  But their alliance has brought together Arsenal & Maverick, two men who both have had issues with Grimm Enterprise in previous weeks.  Arsenal & Maverick quickly recognized their connection, and are now their own tag team.  With Arsenal donning his old mayhem mask, Maverick with the face point, these warriors have dubbed themselves W.M.D.!)

One Man Army def. The Syndicate's Doc Hammond. (73)

(This match was created after Hammond's dedication to The Syndicate came into question after he refused to take part in a beatdown on his old friend, One Man Army.  Hawkins would book this match himself, challenging OMA on behalf of Hammond.  Even OMA would confront Hammond asking, "Is this what you really want?"  In the end, Hammond would be unhappy when Chris Flynn interfered on his behalf.  OMA would take advantage and hit Hammond with the Guided Missile for the win.)

Jay Chord def. Sammy Bach after a timely low blow behind the referee's back. (79)

(The match would occur after both Bach & Chord lost in a World Title Contendership Match, and Chord blamed Bach for missing out on such an opportunity.  There is clearly some bad blood here, and this is just the start of this heated rivalry.)

The Behemoths def. Benny & The Foxx to successfully retain the TCW World Tag Team Championship.  Killer Shark would put Jimmy Foxx away with a big splash after timely interference by their Sinner Society leader, Eddie Peak. (68)

In the Main Event, Aaron Andrews def. Syndicate leader Wolf Hawkins to successfully retain the TCW World Heavyweight Championship. (86)

(New TCW General Manager Ricky Dale Johnson made it clear.  This was Wolf Hawkins's last chance at the World Title so as long as Aaron Andrews was champion.  There would NOT be another chance!  After a classic encounter, in an effort to show his allegiance to the Syndicate, Doc Hammond would attempt to help Hawkins.  But, Aaron Andrews would duck Hammond's swing of a steel chair, and the chair would strike Hawkins instead!  After disposing of Hammond, Andrews would hit Hawkins with his patented Spear to pick up the win!

Days later, Wolf Hawkins would call his stable out to the ring without previous notice.  He berated the rest of The Syndicate, calling them a mockery of what the group once stood for.  That said, Hawkins blamed himself for allowing the group to become a joke...and so it was time to make changes!  Much to the surprise of Doc Hammond, Hawkins revealed his new right hand man, Freddy Huggins!  After embracing Hawkins in the ring, all smiles, Huggins declared that he would honor Hawkins in the way that a true legend deserves.  Huggins then proceeded to turn and deliver a devastating kick to Doc Hammond's groin!  Huggins barked at Chandler, Johnson, & Flynn to beatdown after Hawkins coldly watched from the corner.  To the end the beatdown, Hawkins would return the favor and deliver a vicious chair shot to Hammond.)

Edited by dbritton987

1 hour ago, Wrestling Machine said:

I like that! And could already see Huggins take over The Syndicate next year

Man TCW it's just great

Well just to spoil future plans, The Syndicate is primed for a massive overhaul, as Hawkins becomes more a Don than a just mere stable leader.

As for Huggins taking over, I think he’s the perfect second in command type guy. Meanwhile, I’m in the process of choosing a young protege for Hawkins.  Like Hawkins was for Cornell, it can’t just be any young stud.  So I’m taking my time in choosing. 

I’ll post future events as I do them.  Don’t have time for a diary but I love typing up events. 

• Like 1

Some plans I had for TCW never realized.

-Wolf kicks out Doc Hammond. Ernest Youngman becomes new protege/#2 in stable. After awhile Ernest gets Rich & Famous in & Elite removed. Leading to a hostile takeover with Ernest- Rich & Famous effectively restarting Steel Circle in TCW. Logan Wolfsbaine enters but tension is made over his cousin James Diaz joining the Stable or not. Leading to LW & JD being faces taking down Ernest-Rich & Famous. Ive done similar story in PSW and fleshed it out over 3 years. Can probably stretch it to 5 if patient! 

-New Wave w/Devil Dog or Xavi Ferrera reformed. Of course, this leads to Devil Dog or Xavi turning on New Wave leading to their retirement. 

-Jay Chord fails to win world title. Greg Gauge becomes heel champion and Jay chases him for title. Natural rivalry/friendship between the two given similar backgrounds. 

-a Paul Heyman-TNA like takeover. TCW downsizes somewhat significantly. You keep only handful names of the seasoned veterans in company and let go the rest. 

• Like 1

So how have others dealt with TCW's lack of women's division?  Do you put in the effort to build one or just don't bother?

It is a pretty difficult task imo.  In my previous save, when I felt good money wise, I just started paying big money to steal away top female talent from the likes of USPW, CWA, etc.  I did that until I had a decent enough division of like 10-15 women.  

On my new save, I wanted to take a different route and wanted to start developing female talent from the start.  I invested in a child company and made it entirely women's wrestling (UWW, Ultimate Women of Wrestling).  I want to see how the company can develop as I scoop up talent wherever I can, and hopefully get it a television deal somehow (I paid a million to start it with 25 pop in its home territory).  

Right now, the company is built entirely on female independent talent.  But, I just managed to sign away both Zoe Ammis & Gorgon to help build the company's foundation when their current contracts expire.  

I don't bother, but I think given TCW is bought out by a toy company they are gonna add a womens division in next version of game. I've done small divisions in the past. Usually, a female wrestler is a valet/manager for a wrestling she's dating and then a rival brings in a girl to take care of her then build division from there. I'd rather book a womens company outright than a division or an intergender style thing.  Having separate divisions just turns into a grind for me to keep everyone involved. 

An idea could be Eddie Peak brings in a girl wrestler to sinner society. Claiming she's the baddest girl walking they start picking on whoever & that worker introduces another female as his back up.  Fuyuko Higa is normally made available early on and is one of best talent in game. 

• Like 1

Just a quick(ish) update on my new TCW game.  Total Mayhem XXIV (2020) is looming, so things are really picking up!  

Wolf Hawkins continues to restructure The Syndicate, vowing to make the group better than it has ever been.  At The War to Settle The Score 2020, the main event was a 4 vs 4 Wargames Match.  The Syndicate (Hawkins, Freddy Huggins & The Elite) versus Team Andrews (Andrews, Mighty Mo & the newly united New Wave).  During the match, a hooded man would break into the double cage and clobber every member of Team Andrews with a lead pipe, helping Hawkins pin Doc Hammond to pick up the win for the Syndicate.  Post-Match, the hooded man would reveal himself to be TCW Hall of Famer Bryan Vessey!  Hawkins had talked Vessey out of retirement with a hefty payday, and now Bryan is Wolf's Personal Enforcer! 

Meanwhile, the Elite has been in Wolf's doghouse for awhile now and can't find their way out.  They thought they had turn things around after earning a Tag Team Title Match.  But after failing to win the tag team gold, they were locked out of the Syndicate locker room.  After finally being able to talk to Wolf Hawkins, Wolf only had two words for Chandler & Johnson.  "Go Home."

Two months later, TCW General Manager would reveal his newest match creation, the Ticket to Mayhem Match (an idea I created in previous TEW editions).  At Where Angels Fear To Tread is where this match takes place.  It is a Multi-Man Ladder Match with a Contract hanging high above the ring.  Whoever retrieves the Contract will have the honor to the challenge for the TCW World Heavyweight Championship at the biggest show of the year, Total Mayhem!  

Wolf Hawkins was told he could never challenge Aaron Andrews for the World Title again, but managed to talk his way into an opportunity.  Perceiving it as a way to teach Wolf a lesson, RDJ told Hawkins he could join the Ticket to Mayhem Match if he won 3 matches, where in which RDJ chose his opponents AND the rest of the Syndicate were barred from ringside.  Unfortunately for RDJ, Hawkins managed to sneak his way past all three challenges...and would eventually win the first ever Ticket to Mayhem Match!

Now it is set.  In the main event of Total Mayhem XXIV, Aaron Andrews & Wolf Hawkins will face off once more over the TCW World Heavyweight Championship.  Plus, seeing that it is Total Mayhem, Andrews & Hawkins have agreed to compete one on one inside the Steel Cell!  

There have been two big signings in recent months.  First off, Eddie Peak would reveal his prized signing to the Sinner Society, Primus Allen!  Simply put, Primus Allen is apart of the Sinner Society to make it a much more serious stable.  The first target?  None other than Eddie Peak's longtime rival, Mighty Mo.  Primus Allen is now focused on doing what Eddie Peak could never finish.  The absolution destruction of the Mighty One!  This feud has been going on for two months, and it has led to TCW General Manager RDJ choosing Mo & Primus as the captains for the 4 vs. 4 Total Mayhem Match at the Annual PPV.  Obviously, Primus has chosen Eddie Peak & The Behemoths to fight with him.  On Team Mighty, Mo has aligned himself with The New Wave and in a twist, Mr. Lucha!  Quickly rising up the ranks of TCW, Lucha finds himself apart of this rivalry after Mo saved him from a ambush by the Behemoths.

Just this week on Total Wrestling, RDJ promoted a main event match between Wolf Hawkins and a surprise opponent.  Despite Hawkins's criticism of the TCW GM, RDJ refused to reveal the opponent prior, but just promised that it's going to be trending all week long.  As Hawkins awaited his opponent in the ring, the crowd erupted to the sound of "I Want It All" by Queen.  The surprising opponent was the surprise debut of TCW 's latest signing, Mainstream Hernandez!  Hernandez and Hawkins proceeded to have an exciting main event, but it was interference by Syndicate Right Hand Man Freddy Huggins that helped Hawkins sneak away with the victory.  As a result, another big match has been signed for Total Mayhem XXIV.  Mainstream Hernandez will make his TCW PPV Debut against the Right Hand Man, Freddy Huggins!  

Lastly, I always intended to eventually have Jay Chord align himself with TV Champion Greg Keith & Sam Keith with some of legacy stable, but my plan has been rushed because Chord is out for 3 weeks with spinal disalignment.  Chord can't do anything until right before the PPV, where he is booked for one more match with Sammy Bach, their rivalry to end in a Last Man Standing Match.  So, with Chord out, Sam Keith has revealed that he now the Personal Advisor for Chord, while Greg Keith and Sammy Bach are booked to face each other on the next episode of Total Wrestling, the Television Championship on the line!  

Edited by dbritton987

TCW won "Company of the Year" in game year 2021 in my save. 

I own and run SWF. 

I bought TCW and I own them too! They are a child company of mine. What the actual heck? 

In all seriousness I live having a big child company. I enjoy keeping both companies up. But my show ratings do beat theirs. The fun is griping about them (since the AI is suspect at best at booking interesting cards but they can get high grades). 

Edited by ExRufas2000

On 7/14/2023 at 7:35 PM, ExRufas2000 said:

TCW won "Company of the Year" in game year 2021 in my save. 

I own and run SWF. 

I bought TCW and I own them too! They are a child company of mine. What the actual heck? 

In all seriousness I live having a big child company. I enjoy keeping both companies up. But my show ratings do beat theirs. The fun is griping about them (since the AI is suspect at best at booking interesting cards but they can get high grades). 

If you go to their roster page you can call them up to your roster. Just in case you didn't know. It took me way too long to figure that out. :D

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 3:23 PM, Evilman said:

If you go to their roster page you can call them up to your roster. Just in case you didn't know. It took me way too long to figure that out. :D

You know it took me a bit to figure that out as well so thanks. I'm trying to keep them up though so I don't take everybody. Obviously I take the workers I really want but I try to keep some back so they can achieve high ratings too. They've dipped in recent weeks (not sure why as I didn't take any big stars recently) so I see a care package in their future. 

BTW: just in case anyone else has the same issue we did if you buy a company and want to call up the workers they originally signed (not the developmental ones you sent there) you have to go to your office then to child companies. Once there you click on the child company you want the worker from and click "take". It's a few menus deep. I believe you have the choice of "take now" or "prepare to take" which will instruct the AI to get any belts off of them (which they'll do when they are damn good and ready and not a moment sooner and there's a good chance you'll want to hit somebody when you see who they choose). 

I should have held off on my previous post until I actually completed the event, but I guess I was excited for my PPV plans haha.  Anyways, I just completed the biggest event of the year for Total Championship Wrestling.

TCW Total Mayhem XXIV

May 2020 - Show Rating: 86 - Attendance: 61,051

Mainstream Hernandez defeated The Syndicate's Freddy Huggins. (83)

Grimm Enterprise's Davis Wayne Newton defeated Party Squad member Benny Benson. (76)

W.M.D. (Human Arsenal & Maverick) defeated The Shade Gang (Marc Speed & Matt Hocking). (62)

Masked Cougar defeated Greg Keith to become the NEW TCW Television Champion! (86)

Team Mighty defeated The Sinner Society in the annual Total Mayhem Match. (74)

Team Mighty = Mighty Mo, Mr. Lucha, & The New Wave

Sinner Society = Primus Allen, Eddie Peak, & The Behemoths

Jay Chord defeated Sammy Bach in a Last Man Standing Match.  (85)

Pocket Aces (Grimm Enterprise's Joshua Taylor & Roderick Remus) defeated Devine Fortune to successfully retain the TCW World Tag Team Championship. (76)

In the Main Event of Total Mayhem XXIV, Syndicate Leader Wolf Hawkins defeated Aaron Andrews in a Steel Cell Match to become the FOUR-TIME TCW World Heavyweight Champion!  (88)

Wolf Hawkins would end up breaking the agreement he and Andrews shaked on, to settle their issues once and for all, one on one.  No interference.  Wolf's Personal Enforcer Bryan Vessey would break into the Steel Cell and attack with a Lead Pipe, his recent weapon of his choice.  Andrews would eventually dispose of Vessey, but it gave Hawkins the opportunity he needed.  As Andrews attempted his patented Spear, Hawkins would counter with a brutal low blow.  Hawkins would follow up by connecting with the Full Moon Rising and 1,2,3!  Hawkins reigns at the top of TCW once again .  

Next up is the revival of A Little South of Sanity, which I turned into a Southern gimmick PPV.  The opening match will be a Bunkhouse Brawl, the winner receiving a World Title Match in the Main Event.   There will also be a tag team Cowbell Match, and Aaron Andrews will look to seek revenge against Bryan Vessey in a Alabama Street Fight!  

In some sad news, the revival of The New Wave looks to have been cut short.  Doc Hammond is out with a Major Concussion for the next 15 months.  He's already in decline, so things aren't looking good for him currently.  Playing with things right now, but I'm contemplating adding One Man Army to the team known as W.M.D.  Just make myself a Demolition-ish trio!  Plus, Human Arsenal is in decline now, so I like to cover for that minor handicap whenever I can.  

On 7/20/2023 at 7:15 AM, Wrestling Machine said:

Speed and Hocking as a team are my go to! I usually call them Speed Shocking tho 

Yup, I tried not to do the same things as my previous save.  But they really fit well together.  Troy Tornado is part of the team too, making a trio (I like having trios).  But Troy is more of a mouthpiece. 

Quick update on my plans with One Man Army, I did have him team up with W.M.D. (Arsenal & Maverick) to battle the previously mentioned Shade Gang in six man action.  But I decided to do something different.  I dropped the Army gimmick (done out of respect to his fallen partner Doc Hammond), and he’s now just Thom Barrowman.  I brought in his protege Xavi Ferrera to be his new tag partner.  Figured that opens a few doors, of course the potential protege heel turn in the future.  

Also just signed Casey Valentine, who wasn’t resigned by USPW.  My “Legacy” stable is starting to come together.  Chord, Keith, Valentine.  Who knows who is next. 

Just completed the 2nd biggest show of the TCW year (or at least I treat as so).  

TCW Summer Showdown 2020

July 2020 - Attendance: 63,355 - Show Rating: 85

The Syndicate's Freddy Huggins defeated Mainstream Hernandez after Laura Catherine Huggins sprayed some mace-like substance into Hernandez's eyes, leaving him defenseless for the Huggins Kiss. (83)

Big Bruiser Findlay defeated Harry Allen. (54) Strictly a match to improve Findlay's popularity.  Managed by Floyd Goldworthy (who has split from Sinner Society), Findlay will be a Southern-gimmicked tag team with Marshall Dillon very soon.

In Six Man Tag Action, One Man Army & W.M.D. (Human Arsenal & Maverick) defeated The Shade Gang (Marc Speed, Matt Hocking, & Troy Tornado).  (72)

Sammy Bach defeated Grimm Enterprise's Davis Wayne Newton.  The rising star Newton got too confident and started to toy with the veteran Bach.  Bach made Newton pay the price, and caught him with a roll up for the 1,2,3! (82)

In a Tornado Tag Team Match, Pocket Aces (Grimm Enterprise's Joshua Taylor & Roderick Remus) defeated Devine Fortune to successfully retain the TCW World Tag Team Championship. (78)

Mighty Mo defeated Sinner Society's Primus Allen in a Dog Collar Match. This ends a long, brutal feud between Mo & Primus, where in which Mo suffered two legitimate injuries (including a Broken Jaw). (84)  

The Kings of Wrestling (Jay Chord & Greg Keith) defeated TCW Television Champion Masked Cougar & Mr. Lucha.  The finish came when Casey Valentine made his surprise TCW debut, attacking Cougar and aligning with KoW.  (87)

In the Main Event of Summer Showdown, Syndicate Leader Wolf Hawkins defeated Aaron Andrews in a 3 Stages of Hell Match to successfully retain the TCW World Heavyweight Championship.  Hawkins won the first fall, a Standard Match.  Andrews won the second fall, a Street Fight.  The final fall was a Ladder Match.  It looked like Andrews was going to pull it off after disposing of Wolf's Syndicate goons (with help from Mainstream Hernandez).  But, before he could get his fingers on the championship belt, Hawkins pushed over the ladder and sent Andrews crashing through a table in the corner of the ring.  An exhausted, bloodied Hawkins climbed the ladder with a smirk.  Hawkins retrieved the World Championship, and brought his epic feud with Aaron Andrews to a close.  (85, Sadly the crowd was burnt out for the main event)

Onto the next TCW event, Hotter Than Hell.  Having a little fun, I'm putting together a Lethal Lottery Tournament for the event.  It actually works well because I just ended a half-dozen storylines, so it's a bit of a transition period.  Also, Wolf Hawkins will defend the World Title in a Fatal Four Way at HTH (Greg Keith, Mighty Mo, & Mr. Lucha).  Just a fun way to get more names on the card.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that Aaron Andrews has a hard-set contract of $80,000 a month, which is much less than he's worth and not even the highest-paid wrestler on the TCW roster. I'm wondering if this was a conscious decision, or if he was originally paid a relatively high amount, but it was made weird by pay rebalancing. For reference, when I removed that preset, he's paid about $130,000 a month.

10 months completed in my newest save for TCW.  The transition phase has really took off with the roster.  New wrestlers propped up, older wrestlers transitioning down the card until their contracts run out.  Plus, some major signings, although I'm not just signing anyone with a name.  I'm talking talented free agents in their prime with 85+ Star Quality.  Otherwise, I'm much more interested in grooming homegrown talent or indie guys who just didn't receive their shot quite yet. 

That said, both Randy Unleashed & KC Glenn were available, and I couldn't help myself.  Even moreso, I managed to make both become more muscular AND increase their weight up to Middleweight.  Both transitions were successful, bumping both their star quality stats significantly.

Wolf Hawkins remains TCW World Heavyweight Champion, his place atop the mountain solidified by The Syndicate.  Wolf's most recent defense was at Psycho Circus, in what I dubbed the Psycho Chamber (a 6 Man Elimination Chamber with Weapons).  In a major surprise, rising star Princeton Pryce would interfere and assist Hawkins in claiming victory.  It would be revealed later that Hawkins has taken Pryce under his wing.  "Every great leader needs to groom a predecessor."  

The biggest feud right now is the stable war between Team Lucha! (Mr. Lucha, Masked Cougar, & Wild Cats) and The Kings of Wrestling (Jay Chord, Greg Keith, & Casey Valentine).  Many matches have taken place, but the intense rivalry between Mr. Lucha & Jay Chord is what has lit the fire under this war.  A stable built by honoring family lineage, KoW will soon receive another member.  I won't spoil who it is for you...but you can guess who fits that description by looking at the default TCW roster. 😉

Another major feud involves Aaron Andrews, who is trying to recover from losing his finale match with Wolf Hawkins over the World Title.  Unfortunately for Aaron, his next adventure would be the freakish athlete, Primus Allen.  Primus would put Andrews out of action after Aaron barely sneaking away with the victory in their first encounter.  At Psycho Circus, Primus would win their second encounter when the referee had no choice but to stop the match when Andrews began to suffer from internal bleeding.  No one doubts how tough Andrews truly is, but this might be a war that Aaron cannot survive.  

Masked Cougar has been my Television Champion since Total Mayhem in May.  He has really thrived as the underdog champion, taking on all challengers.  But how long can the underdog continue to overcome the odds?  

Joshua Taylor & Roderick Remus, also known as Pocket Aces, have been my TCW Tag Team Champions for 8 months now.  Clearly prized clients for Brother Grimm and Grimm Enterprise, Pocket Aces have cleared the board of all challengers.  But a new challenger has arrived.  The rising team of El Jaguar & Tigre Salvaje Jr., The Wild Cats!  

Last of all, the biggest news of all.  I contemplated splitting my roster into two divisions, Heavyweight and Cruiserweight.  But I realized everytime I did that in the past with games, it never worked out too well.  The rosters got overcomplicated, and I ended up losing interest.  But I wanted another singles championship in TCW, and just like that...the answer was obvious!

The TCW International Championship has been REVIVED!  For the month of November 2020, a tournament will take place, and the brand new International Champion will be crowned at TCW Threatening Behavior!  

• Like 1