TCW Discussion Thread

Would anyone be interested in sharing what canon they recall is tied to TCW’s PPVs in terms of gimmicks? I’d also be interested in hearing if anybody does any special like a RR, MITB, KOTM, etc approach with any of the events?

As far as I recall, the only thing in 2016 was "The War To Settle The Score" which had an AI note of "All 1 v 1", which I never followed, as that's what the auto-booker mostly does anyway for TV for TCW. It's not special if we see it all the time anyway! (There's also the fact that since it's not a season finale, few, if any, scores are actually settled.)

And while not official due to AI limitations in 2016, I have to imagine that a Total Mayhem PPV without an actual Total Mayhem match would be like the few times the WWE did Survivor Series without an elimination tag match.

That looks like a really solid division. How tough was it to get the popularties up? Hoping some USPW people leave so I can build around them right at the start.

Thanks! The answer is very, very tough. I intentionally didn't feature the women the first month of my save. Funny enough, the International title being gone gave me the motivation to do a women's division as I've never done one in a TCW save.

Anyways I spent the first month just signing girls. I'm trying not to hoard the obvious wrestlers with great SQ (for both the men and women). It's tempting considering that any girl with decent pop is in UPSW so perhaps it does warrant doing that. In fairness, 7 of the 11 girls on the main roster have SQ over 70 as I just checked lol. Besides the point, instead of debuting them right away, I had an announcement on the first PPV that TW was starting a women's division. From there, I've been rolling them out slowly. I brought back Saturday Night Showcase and I've had the girls do interviews individually: giving all of them some shine. However, for two of them, I put them in respective units. Higa in the Syndicate and Becca Barton in Sinner's Society.

Higa is the prized international talent Wolf hyped up. I have her as the "heir" of Syndicate. I just include her in every segment the Syndicate are in and always have her rated on SQ. This is designed to suggest she isn't like Chris Flynn, the muscle, or the Elite. She's something special and the SQ is strictly about someone's aura. Within the first two months, she's gone from 2 to 19 in pop; which her pop going from 6 at the beginning of February to 21 in a span of four weeks.

With Becca, I've used her as the third mouthpiece for Sinner Society. Eddie's the frantic, sadistic one. Floyd's the calm, amoral, fast talker. Becca is just pure emotion. Takes no prisoners, mouthy. In the SS segs, I have her rated on entertainment because she's always talking. Hasn't wrestled yet but her pop has gone from 10 (14 in Mid South thanks to her QAW run) to 18 (25 in Mid South.)

So it's hard and you're definitely going to get penalties because they all start off as unimportant popularity wise. It's definitely something you're going to have to eat but know that eventually, if you stick with it, it'll probably pay off. I did mention to steal Claire Winters from CWA right before my two months ended. Gave her 5 years, $13,000 per month; 20% bonus after each event, 10% merch. That's probably the only girl I'll go after who's signed to avoid bloating my roster. The exception is Alicia Strong, who so happens to have her contract expire next month so when I get the full retail version, I'll be able to place a bid for her in a week. Lauren Easter also expires at the exact time too.

I think a lot of the "traditional" TCW strategies are out in 2020. The top of the roster is very thin. You need to go on a hiring spree pretty quick. Ideally, try to pick up a guy ready to main event right now--but I haven't found any that aren't already under exclusive deals. Otherwise, I went for younger talent for the most part. I hired about a dozen guys, searched capped at 12 years experience or less.

The TV main events are probably going to almost always have either AA or Hawkins against the hottest available opposite disposition talent, maybe with interference or appearing at ringside, or tags with AA & Hawkins using various partners to keep things fresh. I'm working with the starting storylines, but have added Stone v Huggins to the mix.

Danny Fonzarelli has good entertainment skills, and I might encourage him to transition into being a manager. The Behemoths v Mighty Meaty storyline is good for angles. Peak and Goldworthy can both talk, Shark and Titan have great meanace, Mo and Tana have decent entertainment. I added Danny to talk with them, probably put him and Peak in for a six man on PPV to prolong the feud.

I'm pushing The Syndicate. Devine Fortune allied with One Man Army/Human Arsenal in their storyline, which is building to Cage Wars probably at Total Mayhem.

Gauge is going to dominate his feud with Benson, and if I can convince him to do it, Benson will lose his hair to blow off the feud in February or early March.

Josh Taylor is useful, but I don't really have anything for him to do right now, so he's wining random upper mid card matches. He got a shot at AA earlier, lost by DQ on Hawkins interference. Might put him in a triple threat main event at the February PPV.

Also thinking about running an 8 team trios tournament, either for a trophy or maybe as a new title....

Other guys I'm pushing--T-Bone, Youngman, Rayne Man

I haven't experimented with the product focus, but It might be easier to tweak it to where the show rating is 90% main event and the angle focus is 90% of the hottest angle. On normal settings, I've booked 4 shows and the best one got a 78.

So there you have it. My current strategy for early TCW. Please note it is probably wrong, horrible, very bad, and not any good at all. Following it may cause you to be mocked, deranged, fnord, deported, folded, spindled, mutilated, impregnated, disbarred or otherwise inconvenienced. TANSTAAFL applies. Bring a towel.

Thanks! Will refer back to this when the retail drops.

First of all, Hello to my fellow TCW-Fans.

Would anyone be interested in sharing what canon they recall is tied to TCW’s PPVs in terms of gimmicks? I’d also be interested in hearing if anybody does any special like a RR, MITB, KOTM, etc approach with any of the events?

As far as I recall, the only thing in 2016 was "The War To Settle The Score" which had an AI note of "All 1 v 1", which I never followed, as that's what the auto-booker mostly does anyway for TV for TCW. It's not special if we see it all the time anyway! (There's also the fact that since it's not a season finale, few, if any, scores are actually settled.)

And while not official due to AI limitations in 2016, I have to imagine that a Total Mayhem PPV without an actual Total Mayhem match would be like the few times the WWE did Survivor Series without an elimination tag match.

In 2020, beside The War to Settle the Score, there is also the new PPV Battleground, taking place in March, which has exclusively 4 vs. 4-Matches.

As for MITB, Royal Rumble ... I don´t think MITB really fit TCW.

Back in 2013, I did have an MITB-PPV, but it didn´t feel right with their more traditional Product.

SWF has an Royal Rumble and I don´t want to copy them.

But hey, it´s your game, do whatever you want.

What I definitely will do, is running an G1-Style Tournament, with the Final being held at the new PPV King of Kings (I will move King of Kings to December).

The winner will earn a shot for The World Title at Total Mayhem.

I´ll also create a Women´s Division, always do that.

Fuyuko Higa will (most likely) be the face of that Division.

Overall, I like where TCW is in 2020.

Yes, they lost some great Talent over the years, the Main Event is thin, the Upper Midcard/Midcard is old, the Tag Team Division is a shadow of it´s former self, you have no chance at competing with the big two in the first months ... but you still have Wolf, The Ace and Jay Chord.

Gauge is there too and there is still some great Talent on the Indies and you have more money than ever.

And if you want, you can easily expand your Coverage, now that Adam has implemented a greater variety of Broadcasters, especially if you improve your Production.

And the best thing about TCW in 2020:

Sammy Bach is still there and he never won the big one.

Everytime I have a huge Storyline for him, winning the World Title and 2020 will be no exception to the rule, even if he´s in his 40s.

At Total Mayhem 25 (in 2021), he will have his big moment.

The only thing I´m not sure about, is whether I will play as a Booker or as the Owner.

I do prefer Booker, it´s overall jsut more fun, but Kyle Rhodes is a pain in the ass, when it comes to money. Even if you make a ton of money, you basically have no chance at stealing a Worker from some of the bigger Promotions.

Anyway, can´t wait for the retail.

Don't think there's anything really tied to anywhere but I do always book a Rumble in January. Mainly because that's when Im used to it but also because it gives me time to run a story there and have some defenses.

First of all, Hello to my fellow TCW-Fans.

In 2020, beside The War to Settle the Score, there is also the new PPV Battleground, taking place in March, which has exclusively 4 vs. 4-Matches.

As for MITB, Royal Rumble ... I don´t think MITB really fit TCW.

Back in 2013, I did have an MITB-PPV, but it didn´t feel right with their more traditional Product.

SWF has an Royal Rumble and I don´t want to copy them.

But hey, it´s your game, do whatever you want.

What I definitely will do, is running an G1-Style Tournament, with the Final being held at the new PPV King of Kings (I will move King of Kings to December).

The winner will earn a shot for The World Title at Total Mayhem.

I´ll also create a Women´s Division, always do that.

Fuyuko Higa will (most likely) be the face of that Division.

Overall, I like where TCW is in 2020.

Yes, they lost some great Talent over the years, the Main Event is thin, the Upper Midcard/Midcard is old, the Tag Team Division is a shadow of it´s former self, you have no chance at competing with the big two in the first months ... but you still have Wolf, The Ace and Jay Chord.

Gauge is there too and there is still some great Talent on the Indies and you have more money than ever.

And if you want, you can easily expand your Coverage, now that Adam has implemented a greater variety of Broadcasters, especially if you improve your Production.

And the best thing about TCW in 2020:

Sammy Bach is still there and he never won the big one.

Everytime I have a huge Storyline for him, winning the World Title and 2020 will be no exception to the rule, even if he´s in his 40s.

At Total Mayhem 25 (in 2021), he will have his big moment.

The only thing I´m not sure about, is whether I will play as a Booker or as the Owner.

I do prefer Booker, it´s overall jsut more fun, but Kyle Rhodes is a pain in the ass, when it comes to money. Even if you make a ton of money, you basically have no chance at stealing a Worker from some of the bigger Promotions.

Anyway, can´t wait for the retail.

That has been a pain so far. I wanted to get John Greed, someone who I always covet and generally think is one of the most underrated workers in the game, and I couldn't because he wouldn't let me vid higher. I convinced Buddy Garner to come out of retirement so he could face Wolf and USPW got him because he prevented me from bidding higher. It's a challenge for sure and it makes me weary about what'll happen when some of my top guys' contracts are up.

That has been a pain so far. I wanted to get John Greed, someone who I always covet and generally think is one of the most underrated workers in the game, and I couldn't because he wouldn't let me vid higher. I convinced Buddy Garner to come out of retirement so he could face Wolf and USPW got him because he prevented me from bidding higher. It's a challenge for sure and it makes me weary about what'll happen when some of my top guys' contracts are up.

I guess with Jeremy Stone out, the game needed a new "biggest tightwad".

I got an idea 😝

I discovered that Freddy Huggins has good chemistry tagging with Jay Chord and also that Jay Chord has good chemistry tagging with Joshua Taylor. So I decided to put them together as a heel stable of elitists, but I'm struggling to come up with a name. They all have their default gimmicks for 2020. Any ideas for the stable name?

Find them a young female manager and call them “3 men and a babe”

what have you guys set for the product? Im changing it to classic balanced once the full game comes out, but for match focus and angle focus, I'm not sure. The undercard is awful, and I'm pushing many people with no pop, so I get awful rating for now and show are mid 60's (which shocked me as after 8 months I was the biggest company making 2 mill a month with TCW in 2016)

Any help? What should the match focus and angle focus be, at least for now when I'm relying on Andrews, who just dropped a 91 on a match

EDIT: if someone could actually explain what the match + angle focuses do that would help

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hazemore" data-cite="Hazemore" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>what have you guys set for the product? Im changing it to classic balanced once the full game comes out, but for match focus and angle focus, I'm not sure. The undercard is awful, and I'm pushing many people with no pop, so I get awful rating for now and show are mid 60's (which shocked me as after 8 months I was the biggest company making 2 mill a month with TCW in 2016)<p> </p><p> Any help? What should the match focus and angle focus be, at least for now when I'm relying on Andrews, who just dropped a 91 on a match </p><p> </p><p> EDIT: if someone could actually explain what the match + angle focuses do that would help</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From handbook:</p><p> </p><p> Match focuses</p><p> </p><p> Regular focus - 70% main, 20% best other, 10% average of rest of undercard. If 1 or 2 matches, main event's % gets increased to make up difference. (This is 'classic' TEW.)</p><p> </p><p> Main event - 90% main, 10% average of rest of others. Penalty if main event low rating.</p><p> </p><p> Three ring circus - average of main event plus 2 highest other matches, or of all matches if less than 3 matches on card.</p><p> </p><p> Ensemble - 40% of main event, 40% of best other, 20% of average of rest of card. Main event's percentage increased if less than 3 matches. Bonus if this results in a high rating.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Angle focus</p><p> </p><p> Regular - 70% best, 20% second best, 10% 3rd best. If less than 3 angles, highest rated's % increased. (Again, classic TEW.)</p><p> </p><p> Tight Focus - 90% best, 10% second best. If highest rated angle poor, penalty applied.</p><p> </p><p> Highlights - average of best three angles, or of all if there are only 1 or 2.</p><p> </p><p> Consistent - average of all angles, bonus if high rating overall.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hazemore" data-cite="Hazemore" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>what have you guys set for the product? Im changing it to classic balanced once the full game comes out, but for match focus and angle focus, I'm not sure. The undercard is awful, and I'm pushing many people with no pop, so I get awful rating for now and show are mid 60's (which shocked me as after 8 months I was the biggest company making 2 mill a month with TCW in 2016)<p> </p><p> Any help? What should the match focus and angle focus be, at least for now when I'm relying on Andrews, who just dropped a 91 on a match </p><p> </p><p> EDIT: if someone could actually explain what the match + angle focuses do that would help</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think TCW has Regular for Match focus and Tight for Angles, which fits the Roster in my opinion. The one thing you could change, is setting Match focus to Main Event, but in this case, the Main Event has to deliver even more.</p><p> </p><p> And this is not 2016. You lost Rocky, RDJ and Vessey without replacement.</p><p> In 2020, TCW is not designed to hang with the big two at the start, it´s set for a rough start. </p><p> You have to build for the future (there is enough Talent on the Indies), while milking your Top 4 (Wolf, Andrews, Chord, Sammy - who hopefully is not in decline) as much as you can.</p><p> That´s why I like TCW in 2020, it´s a fun challenge compared to SWF and USPW.</p><p> </p><p> However, you will still make money. The PPV revenue in 2020 is extremely high, not sure if this will be "fixed" in the retail.</p><p> And you can expand your Coverage outside of the United States pretty easily.</p><p> </p><p> P.S. </p><p> change your Production Settings to the highest possible.</p><p> It´s not expensive and helps getting new TV-/PPV deals.</p>

With the retail now coming out in two weeks, I'm looking at my diary and who's contracts expire. It's going to be interesting.

Benson was already about to expire. Gave him a deal and there's no comp. Have always liked him. Solid mid-carder. Older but I'm willing to keep him. Hammond is up to re- negotiate later in the month. I've used him as the second in command for the Syndicate. He got the January PPV title match and his popularity has jumped from 63 to 67. Has good in ring and entertainment skills. I want to keep him but I expect a fight to keep him.

Gauge come up in 2 months and while he's at a 51 in pop, UPSW scooped up Andrew Lee from 21CW after I gave him an inquiry offer just to see if I could get him and his pop is at 32. So I'm expecting UPSW and SWF to bid for him. Peak come up a week later and I want to keep him to job to Mo at Total Mayhem.

The big one is Bach. I really like Taylor. Always have. But I'm kinda willing to let him go if it means keeping Bach. I have 14 mil and have made 2 mil each month so by the time I go to re-negotiate, I might have 28 mil. But Rhodes is kinda cheap and I want to bid for people too without creating a big roster. Bach is absolutely someone I'm willing to go all in for. Same with Gauge. You don't see it on the picture but Freddy comes up 4 months after Bach and he's another I want to keep by any means.

If anything, this reminds me of 2016 where when you played TCW, you had to expect and accept the fact that your top guys had a good chance of getting poached. So deciding on the guys you're willing to do whatever to keep and who you're willing to let go is a must.

1264761677_Annotation2020-04-30084204.jpg.831233b95a02760991f285bc41e97b42.jpg

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jomosensual" data-cite="Jomosensual" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47616" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Haven't been able to try yet but i wonder if its possible to try and fake the cpu out onto bad deals still. Would drop bids on guys who were older and no use to me to see of i could get USPW or swf to outbid me and then let them win to soak up some of their budget</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Glad you brought this up because I absolutely do this.</p>

There's where I'm at with Taylor. His deal is up to renegotiate a week before Bach. I like him. Could use him in a lot of different ways. But I'm picking Bach over him. So I'll see if I'm able to keep him and if not, try to bait USPW or SWF to sign him to a bad deal.

I think maybe the game finances are out of kilter a bit. I'm making obscene amounts of money. When the save started, I signed TV and PPV contracts with broadcasters in Canada. Wrestling Industry is like 75 and falling, Economy is somewhere in the high 50s and rising. I made about $7.7 million on the Week 3 PPV in January, spent about half that launching my own broadcaster with Very Big coverage in the US and medium coverage everywhere else. Made a little over $2 million profit after my week 1 show in Feb. Barring a global pandemic or anything, I'm looking at maybe $15 million profit a month with good PPV. That seems....excessive.

I think maybe the game finances are out of kilter a bit. I'm making obscene amounts of money. When the save started, I signed TV and PPV contracts with broadcasters in Canada. Wrestling Industry is like 75 and falling, Economy is somewhere in the high 50s and rising. I made about $7.7 million on the Week 3 PPV in January, spent about half that launching my own broadcaster with Very Big coverage in the US and medium coverage everywhere else. Made a little over $2 million profit after my week 1 show in Feb. Barring a global pandemic or anything, I'm looking at maybe $15 million profit a month with good PPV. That seems....excessive.

I didn't make any changes to my broadcasters and still made > $2MM in the first month with a similar economy. You should maybe report this on the tech support forum in-case it's not behaving as intended.

I think TCW are definitely down on their luck but are poised for a comeback. If they can elevate Mo, Chord, and Gauge (and Killer Shark) to the top of the roster and rebuild their tag division, they could be set for almost a decade with young, high-quality main eventers that can do anything. Plus, their school and pipeline to MAW could keep them refreshing the middle of the card with young talent.

The problem here is keeping them. They're in the worst possible spot. Too big to be small, and too small to be a threat. Until the landscape shifts again TCW is likely just a development fed for SWF and USPW. Funneling through guys from MAW and getting them ready for the big time. It's better than death though.

The problem here is keeping them. They're in the worst possible spot. Too big to be small, and too small to be a threat. Until the landscape shifts again TCW is likely just a development fed for SWF and USPW. Funneling through guys from MAW and getting them ready for the big time. It's better than death though.

Not if playing as owner. I reported the financial results in my last post in the Tech Forum, and Adam said basically that's working as intended. With that kind of income, I ought to be able to keep anybody I want. I think Rocky Golden is the highest paid worker in the game at about $300K/Month. In theory, I could pay somebody a couple million a month...if SWF or USPW are also willing to do that, then the numbers no longer have meaning.

Not if playing as owner. I reported the financial results in my last post in the Tech Forum, and Adam said basically that's working as intended. With that kind of income, I ought to be able to keep anybody I want. I think Rocky Golden is the highest paid worker in the game at about $300K/Month. In theory, I could pay somebody a couple million a month...if SWF or USPW are also willing to do that, then the numbers no longer have meaning.

I haven't messed around with financials yet, but what you see or can make is very rarely what will be the story come TEW 2024(or w/e the next version will be) You could easily print money with anybody in 2016 once you got a solid TV deal or PPV. I'm talking about their prospects for the next database and their future heading beyond this game.

Taylor BetterThan Bach

I think you have to prioritize Taylor over Bach. Taylor is probably outperforming Bach in the ring in January and its only going to get more lopsided if you give Taylor a push...

There's where I'm at with Taylor. His deal is up to renegotiate a week before Bach. I like him. Could use him in a lot of different ways. But I'm picking Bach over him. So I'll see if I'm able to keep him and if not, try to bait USPW or SWF to sign him to a bad deal.

I think you have to prioritize Taylor over Bach. Taylor is probably outperforming Bach in the ring in January and its only going to get more lopsided if you give Taylor a push...

I've had Taylor feud with Edd Stone to establish Stone as someone on Taylor's level (second tier guy.) Bach I have plans for. Big plans. Bach is in decline but he's still pretty good in ring. Both guys have the same average of ratings in their matches (both have had six matches, Taylor's average is 67, Bach is 68).

Like I said, I want to bid for some guys coming up for other companies and I'm challenging myself not to bloat the roster like I normally do. Worst case scenario is if they both get poached, that's for certain.