1 hour ago, Eisen-verse said:

Hey Kam!

I know this is an old SWF logo but do you still have the larger PNG file of the banner/SWF lettering?

Also, do you remember what font you used with this? I'd like to replicate it on images. 

Thank you!

spacer.png

I dont at the moment at the very least, might be permanently gone.

Ive got a portable hard drive with some recovered stuff on it but im on the opposite side of the world for the time being trying to make do with whatever i can rummage from cloud drives.

i thiiiiiiink the font is Condensed Italic Gunship with modification to remove the curve.

https://www.dafont.com/gunship.font?text=SWF

alternate options:

https://www.whatfontis.com/CR_Cubest-Bold-Italic-otf-700.similar?customtext=SWF

Edited by Kamchatka

On 9/4/2022 at 2:57 PM, Kamchatka said:

"In 1972, young visionary businessman and prospective wrestling promoter Richard Eisen- with help from several people already involved in the wrestling industry- created the Supreme Wrestling Federation. The promotion opened with a bang, signing the hottest act in America, Mickey Starr, to an exclusive contract (which was unheard of in North America at the time) and promoting their shows all across the United States."

image.jpeg.064191721a7cd0c0b5fbed32f12afa46.jpeg

image.jpeg.206d904c7c6b2803386ffd2ba9f38e4b.jpeg

image.jpeg.515c09ef0f101c9983eda98f4c4e10cc.jpeg

SWF (1970s)

Wow, this logo design definitely recalls old school WWWF from that time frame IRL.  Nice work on this.  😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old School Fan said:

Wow, this logo design definitely recalls old school WWWF from that time frame IRL.  Nice work on this.  😁

thanks, yeah i even tried to get the slightly odd placement of the periods accurate to the WWF one.

Edited by Kamchatka

Just wanted to drop in and echo others - these are fantastic. You're capturing these early eras really well - the TWL "World Class" graphic is one of my favorites but they are all ace across the board!

Further, the broadcaster re-designs to match some of the real world ones are just as nice. Will you be returning to those?

In any case, thank you for these!

2 minutes ago, MegaCity1 said:

Just wanted to drop in and echo others - these are fantastic. You're capturing these early eras really well - the TWL "World Class" graphic is one of my favorites but they are all ace across the board!

Further, the broadcaster re-designs to match some of the real world ones are just as nice. Will you be returning to those?

In any case, thank you for these!

Thanks! yeah i def do want to return to them and finish off the full default set at the very least.

Just got a little out of steam with doing them temporarily so pivoted to the 70s promotion stuff to keep productive while i recharge. 

3 hours ago, Kamchatka said:

that last one was very much a *urgh ive been trying to get photoshop 3D to work for too many hours and this is going to have to be close enough and move on* design.

I cannot stress enough the insane jealousy I feel towards your ability that something that great looking is your definition of "close enough"! I'd sell my soul for a tenth of that skill if I hadn't already sold it for a donut.

Edited by The Swanton825
  • Like 3

"Welcome to the Islands Wrestling was a tiny promotion found in the isolated Hawaiian Islands of the United States. Their style was almost a perfect hybrid of the American Traditional style of wrestling and the Japanese Puroresu style, but in later years grew to favor Super Juniors and even luchadors as well."

image.jpeg.36a6f6232abfbfd6847a0d14d8708513.jpegimage.jpeg.08d9ebe9866ac4f3fc222d57cde1e26b.jpeg

image.jpeg.85448c61d41adbc430cafa7756071627.jpeg

image.jpeg.b54d449d56601a8d06407c562d028052.jpegimage.jpeg.a13945acc47b4bfe4064ae3ede81644a.jpeg

WIW

Welcome to the Islands Wrestling

1966 - 19XX

Respectful Wrestling

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

cw - death / cancer

hey just as a heads up, over the last year and half ive been dealing with my life partner going through various stages of cancer, covid and surgeries and so a lot of my work over the year with the 70s graphics and tv logos were connected to me being the other side of the world with her and needing creative outlets while in hospital waiting spaces.

She died christmas day so.. just may be a while before im back in a place where im able to find any sort of will to be making things.

Edited by Kamchatka
  • Like 12
  • Sad 15