I signed Spider Isako and feel like she could be a main eventer for me in a couple of years thanks to her good starting stats and the progression from being Kit's protege.

As for convincing foreign workers to join up, check out Black Diamond. I hope she's worth the losses that she'll take.

I really wish I could convince DEVIL to come out of retirement to put over MAYA or something.

I decided to add a handful of young lions to the roster, and Spider and Black Diamond were definitely two of my picks. All four of the Hatoyama Dojo seem potentially worthwhile at the very least. Grabbed DupliKate as well, she'll agree to work in Japan as well, as do most of the unemployed women in the US, as far as I can tell.

I'm booking as DEVIL, and my tentative plans are to unretire and return as the surprise post-JoshiMania first challenger for a newly-crowned Higa.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p><p>So, I've been experimenting with broadcasting with 5SSW. Shogun TV seems like a good bet, but you're stuck in the Graveyard slot unless you want to pay through the nose, you have to upgrade Broadcast Quality, and sometimes, it doesn't even broadcast in all regions of Japan!</p><p> </p><p></p><p>

5SSW has enough to start a Very Small broadcaster, and while iPPV is great for the events, it seems like less of a good idea for the touring. Of course, thus far, it seems much more consistent in reaching all areas of Japan.</p><p> </p><p></p><p>

Haven't fooled around with Subscription, Commercial, or Free To Air yet.</p><p> </p><p></p><p>

Possibly some combination is the best way to go. Shogun TV for the tour highlights, iPPV for the events.</p></p>

Decided to play 5SSW for the beta and after 1 and 1/2 month i'm really enjoying it. these are some of the plans and choices i made. I'm currently in Feb Week 3

5SSW World

Yuma Maruya vs. Shiori Jippensha

Megumi Nakajima vs. Fuyoko Higa

Since the first event is the 2nd show of the year i just picked 1 who would fight for the title and paired the other major star with Higa. Now after two events and 2 1v1 matches i decided that Higa will win the title at Joshimania. Higa is 1-1 against Nakajima with 2 great preformances and is now close to both Nakajima and Jippensha in pop. Maruya is 2-0 vs. Jippensha. Jippensha will probably get the J Gran Prix for this early sacrifice.

Team SUB vs. TermiNation vs. Torment & Sorrow

Decided to feud these teams to give them something to do and see who i wanted to push. Probably will keep this feud going till Dynamo tag where eventually one of these 3 teams will win it. Both Arihyoshi and Tai are currently the one's impressing me the most.

The Uprising (Croft,Svelte and Quinzel) vs. Night Life (Katsukawa,Sugiyama and Mushashibo)

Created 2 factions around Paige Croft and Miwako Kastukawa. Soon Croft will take the All-Asian title from Katsukawa and Sugiyama and Mushashibo will take the Tag Titles from Svelte and Quinzel. Both teams have great Chemistry

I also hired some Young lions and within 3 shows Kit Hatoyama decided to take on three of them as protoge's. So i've put them together in as faction called Kit Krew. They will lose a lot but this keeps them on my mind and maybe in a few years they really can climb up.

I also have 1 interesting problem for which i don't know yet what to do with it.

Both Nakajima and Jippensha told me within 1 week that they are willing to put over Machiko Matsuda. She's preforming good but i'm on the fence of doing this within the next 2 months. If i do this i'll probably will have Machiko take the Triangle title and put her over them within 1 match on the last possible event before the promises expire.

So if anyone has any input on this i like to hear it.

So far 5SSW has been the most fun I've had with the new system and OG promotions. I like that I can get straight to booking matches without having to worry about angles or storylines, and I also like that 5SSW essentially has its own little niche carved out as they start off not really having to worry about rivals. I think this is one Save that I'll keep when the retail version comes out next week.

So far 5SSW has been the most fun I've had with the new system and OG promotions. I like that I can get straight to booking matches without having to worry about angles or storylines, and I also like that 5SSW essentially has its own little niche carved out as they start off not really having to worry about rivals. I think this is one Save that I'll keep when the retail version comes out next week.

I agree 5SSW is a great company to play as. Financially safe, no worries of having multiple stars poached, and some talented women on board

I also have 1 interesting problem for which i don't know yet what to do with it.

Both Nakajima and Jippensha told me within 1 week that they are willing to put over Machiko Matsuda. She's preforming good but i'm on the fence of doing this within the next 2 months. If i do this i'll probably will have Machiko take the Triangle title and put her over them within 1 match on the last possible event before the promises expire.

So if anyone has any input on this i like to hear it.

I'm still testing this (and I'm going HARD on testing once the game releases) but I'm starting to get the idea that this is a 'tell'. I think it's the game hinting at someone with the potential to shoot up the card. I only have 11 examples though so I can't be 100% sure but everyone I've had an offer for putting over, has been a young worker that I expect great things from in the future (Black Diamond, Thea Davis, Felicia Luck, Modesty Pador, Aki Kamio, Katya, and Simony Sentinel). So it might be an idea to put Machiko in a position where getting those wins gets her higher on the card and maybe a shot at the world title.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47777" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm still testing this (and I'm going HARD on testing once the game releases) but I'm starting to get the idea that this is a 'tell'. I think it's the game hinting at someone with the potential to shoot up the card. I only have 11 examples though so I can't be 100% sure but everyone I've had an offer for putting over, has been a young worker that I expect great things from in the future (Black Diamond, Thea Davis, Felicia Luck, Modesty Pador, Aki Kamio, Katya, and Simony Sentinel). So it might be an idea to put Machiko in a position where getting those wins gets her higher on the card and maybe a shot at the world title.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can we all just take a moment to talk about Black Diamond? Easily Marketable, Stud AND Dynamo? Dear god if she isn't the next Tommy Cornell in TEW 2024 something is wrong.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47777" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can we all just take a moment to talk about Black Diamond? Easily Marketable, Stud AND Dynamo? Dear god if she isn't the next Tommy Cornell in TEW 2024 something is wrong.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can't remember if it's the one that wants fame or money, but she's got that Personality type, too, so there's a good chance she'll jump as soon as USPW or CWA come calling.</p>

I can't remember if it's the one that wants fame or money, but she's got that Personality type, too, so there's a good chance she'll jump as soon as USPW or CWA come calling.

She's Fame Hungry but more importantly, she's a people person. She is, no exaggeration, the perfect worker. The closest person I can think of is Lauren Easter when she was first introduced. But get to Small and she'll sign a written exclusive contract so USPW and CWA can kick rocks.

The problem with Higa is that, yes, she is the best performer but I suspect that once you put the World Title on her you won’t be able to get it off her without her throwing a strop. I’ve made Birds of Prey tag champs as they can easily headline shows but there’s always the get-out of having Gemmei take a pin to try and keep her popularity in check. I like the idea of Gemmei getting the World title some time before her to lead up to a match in Joshimania 2021. But that could be just chopping off the nose to spite the face when Higa puts on better performances. I mean she just had an 88 rated match with Yuma while most of the rest of the roster is engaged in Team Wars. So maybe it’s best to let her be World champ for years.

The problem with Higa is that, yes, she is the best performer but I suspect that once you put the World Title on her you won’t be able to get it off her without her throwing a strop. I’ve made Birds of Prey tag champs as they can easily headline shows but there’s always the get-out of having Gemmei take a pin to try and keep her popularity in check. I like the idea of Gemmei getting the World title some time before her to lead up to a match in Joshimania 2021. But that could be just chopping off the nose to spite the face when Higa puts on better performances. I mean she just had an 88 rated match with Yuma while most of the rest of the roster is engaged in Team Wars. So maybe it’s best to let her be World champ for years.

Uh, I think you misunderstood. I was saying that Black Diamond is the perfect worker. Higa has all of her usual warts that balance out her ability as a worker. I'd never put a title of any significance on Higa. Oh she can have the alliance title but then the AI has to deal with getting it off her. And if 20 is anything like 16, they won't have a problem doing so. (Had an alliance champion Alicia Strong with 90+ in all game areas lose the title to someone in my dev promotion who was 63 in Mid South.....and it was TELEVISED. :rolleyes: ). Also, a "problem" I'm seeing crop up is CWA often lets a woman go (usually Sally Anne Christianson, from my limited experience)and then goes out to sign a replacement. If Higa is on their radar and you haven't locked her down....

Also, a "problem" I'm seeing crop up is CWA often lets a woman go (usually Sally Anne Christianson, from my limited experience)and then goes out to sign a replacement. If Higa is on their radar and you haven't locked her down....

That was around in 2016 too, with NOTBPW and USPW both doing that. Whenever I saw a great talent like Lauren Easter or Alicia Strong get released, I knew to batten down the hatches in QAW or AAA.

That was around in 2016 too, with NOTBPW and USPW both doing that. Whenever I saw a great talent like Lauren Easter or Alicia Strong get released, I knew to batten down the hatches in QAW or AAA.

I've heard people note this but I've never seen NOTBPW or USPW release either of those women. I've always had to "fight" (and it wasn't a real fight) to get them when their contracts came up. I've seen them non-tender Miss American Pie (who I'm not interested in) but they'd hold onto Alicia and Tiffany Jade (and Elizabeth Cartier) and at least make an attempt (always futile) to outbid me.

Just finished JoshiMania with a showscore of 70 (Heavy penalty for Productions).

Main event was Higa def. Maruya for the world title with score of 81

Am currently Small size but growing is almost impossible atm for me because my Industry is at 1! and still falling. Can only grow 1 pop a month at the moment.

My current champions are:

World: Fuyuko Higa

All-Asian: Angel Takudome (Screwed up Road agent notes)

Triangle: Machiko Matsuda

Tag Team: Sugiyama & Mushashibo

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47777" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've heard people note this but I've never seen NOTBPW or USPW release either of those women. I've always had to "fight" (and it wasn't a real fight) to get them when their contracts came up. I've seen them non-tender Miss American Pie (who I'm not interested in) but they'd hold onto Alicia and Tiffany Jade (and Elizabeth Cartier) and at least make an attempt (always futile) to outbid me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> NOTBPW could be kind of 50/50 on if they'd cut or keep someone. USPW, though, Gorgon and Raven would almost always be let go, Alicia was more likely than not, and on the other end, I've never seen them cut Missy Masterson and rarely cut Killer Kass.</p>

So I've just opened a brand new game, autobooked the first show but have paid out both wages and $3,000 in worker bonuses?

Wages look fine but all of the worker contracts have by default no bonuses?

Am I missing something as playing as saisho and doing the same thing pays no bonuses?

Thanks!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Strech" data-cite="Strech" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47777" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I've just opened a brand new game, autobooked the first show but have paid out both wages and $3,000 in worker bonuses? <p> </p><p> Wages look fine but all of the worker contracts have by default no bonuses? </p><p> </p><p> Am I missing something as playing as saisho and doing the same thing pays no bonuses?</p><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This happens for me too I'm paying out a couple grand in bonuses every month. I'm not sure what is included in that figure though as nobodies contract has bonuses in my game either</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TakumiIrohamarvelous" data-cite="TakumiIrohamarvelous" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47777" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This happens for me too I'm paying out a couple grand in bonuses every month. I'm not sure what is included in that figure though as nobodies contract has bonuses in my game either</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So I'm not the only one! </p><p> </p><p> Im going to pop a thread in tech support and see what people say as tried a show with QAW and they dont pay bonuses for their show either.</p><p> </p><p> Cheers mate!</p>

This happens for me too I'm paying out a couple grand in bonuses every month. I'm not sure what is included in that figure though as nobodies contract has bonuses in my game either

So I'm not the only one!

Im going to pop a thread in tech support and see what people say as tried a show with QAW and they dont pay bonuses for their show either.

Cheers mate!

Check you backstage rules. Things like catering, paying for/organizing travel, massage therapist, etc will be counted financially as bonuses.

• 2 months later...

<p>Started playing as 5SSW after watching some highlights of STARDOM. Never really played much in the way of women's feds but this company looks like it's loaded with great talent.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm interested to see what factions do people create?</p><p> </p><p>

I've created 2 so far, STARS (really unoriginal, but hey ho) based around Yuma Maruya and a bunch of other faces. The other faction is called STRIKE! led by Maki Yoshifumi and Yu Hashimoto with Eri Sato, Ochiyo Iijima and Romi Yamato. This one is built around the workers and their martial arts skills.</p>

<p>I made five factions originally</p><p>

Flock Of Prey: Heel faction built around Higa</p><p> </p><p>

5SSW Army: The good guys built around Yuma</p><p> </p><p>

Kit's Krew: Stole this from here but it's a jobber faction for all Hatoyama dojo graduates</p><p> </p><p>

I also have a foreign talent only faction with Paige Croft leading that allows me to cycle in members for tours to take falls</p><p> </p><p>

Then I have a miscellaneous faction for people that don't fall into 5SSW Army or Flock Of Prey but who banded together to have strength in numbers against the other factions.</p>