TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

When having a match between only unimportant wrestlers do you always get the note that the crowd expected wrestlers who they were more familiar with or is that only for Medium companies and above?

I ask as I'm playing with a small company and not getting that note when I have, say, a tag match with four unimportant people. I have turned off Match Ratios but I don't think that would have anything to do with it. I'm just trying to figure out if it doesn't affect small companies or if I'm encountering an issue.

EDIT TO ADD: Was also wondering what level of experience and what age precludes people from agreeing to be sent on excursion. I tried with someone at 30 Experience and they said they were already too experienced to go.

Any answers appreciated. Cheers.

yes, it's only for medium companies and above

Is there any way to hire a head booker for your main org? I'm not that creative but I still like the game. I tried to just use the main org as sort of a Corporate Shell to 1 or 2 child companies, but eventually my main org shrunk and I couldn't sign anyone good any longer. The Child orgs thrive with the owner and bookers i hired.

Maybe it could be a future option if not.

I don't think that you can hire a head booker for your main company, unfortunately.

It might not be perfect for what you want to do, but I think the closest you could get is to do what you currently are - have the main company as the shell for some child companies - but run the odd "supercard" for the main company to prevent its popularity from dropping.

You could "borrow" workers from the child companies for the night. Then as long us you run a show every month or two, your popularity shouldn't stagnate too much. In fact, you could set the rare shows that you run as "throwaway", that way it wouldn't matter if you just threw a few matches together quickly for a short show, because it wouldn't impact your popularity too much even if it was bad.

I'm not sure whether lesser events count to prevent your popularity from stagnating, or whether you need to run major shows though. Does anyone else know?

Sorry not to have a better solution.

The issue here isn't with the picture folder but with having the applicable Worker Names. Does that make sense?

In the Database Editor there is a specific section in the dropdowns for Worker Names. Filter by different types and make sure there is applicable names for each one. If there isn't, add some names.

Thanks for this, but as a relative newbie, I'm not sure what you mean. I would like to add new workers to my current save. I've gone into the in-game settings, selected "import data", and imported workers from the Sabin DB I downloaded from tewdb.com. Then I turned the picture requirement on. No workers have been generated, so I'm clearly missing a step. The pictures are all named +MALE 0222, so I don't really understand what worker names have to do with it.

Thanks for this, but as a relative newbie, I'm not sure what you mean. I would like to add new workers to my current save. I've gone into the in-game settings, selected "import data", and imported workers from the Sabin DB I downloaded from tewdb.com. Then I turned the picture requirement on. No workers have been generated, so I'm clearly missing a step. The pictures are all named +MALE 0222, so I don't really understand what worker names have to do with it.

OK I see. So basically if you have the picture requirement on you need to have enough Free Pictures in your save for it to work.

Two things to check is if you imported the data into your save file or just into your database on the main screen (outside of the save). Make sure you import it into the save file.

Then make sure you have a free picture for each ethnicity, body type, and role.

I misunderstood before and thought your issue was names.

If you don't want to deal with it just turn off the picture requirement and manually assign photos after workers are generated.

OK I see. So basically if you have the picture requirement on you need to have enough Free Pictures in your save for it to work.

Two things to check is if you imported the data into your save file or just into your database on the main screen (outside of the save). Make sure you import it into the save file.

Then make sure you have a free picture for each ethnicity, body type, and role.

I misunderstood before and thought your issue was names.

If you don't want to deal with it just turn off the picture requirement and manually assign photos after workers are generated.

Thanks for your help. I didn't realize I had to do the import OUTSIDE of the save in the main TEW area.

Why do the gimmicks I assign to workers before I send them to developmental often come back as "No Gimmick Assigned" when I call them back up, down the road? This bugs me, as I sometimes have to keep track of each and every gimmick I assign to them, so as not to accidentally call someone up without checking to see what gimmick I had given them.

Perhaps I can see their gimmick history somewhere? As this would be an effective solution. This is definitely a small question, as far as I'm concerned, I'm just being very dramatic about it (I believe).

I’ve got a top face and a top heel. The top heel for around 3 weeks is going to befriend the top face and will pretty much be a face. He’ll ditch his stable to team with the face. Only to reveal its all lie and turn on the face again and back to being a mega heel. Is it worth turning him face then back heel which I’m guessing won’t work. But can I get around keeping him heel if they are tagging for a bit as I’ll get a penalty for having a face and heel tag with each other.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Monday Night Chores" data-cite="Monday Night Chores" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I’ve got a top face and a top heel. The top heel for around 3 weeks is going to befriend the top face and will pretty much be a face. He’ll ditch his stable to team with the face. Only to reveal its all lie and turn on the face again and back to being a mega heel. Is it worth turning him face then back heel which I’m guessing won’t work. But can I get around keeping him heel if they are tagging for a bit as I’ll get a penalty for having a face and heel tag with each other.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Newer player here. I did something similar where I had face/heel 'rivals' team up temporarily to battle a heel stable and I don't recall there being any major penalty. The matches got scores I was looking for. I've had mixed results with my turns, and with the 'you turned this wrestler recently' penalty, I've become very careful when I turn guys so it may not be worth it in the long run to turn your heel. Just my two cents.</p><p> </p><p> edit: I'd also suggest putting everyone in a storyline, so that 'cushions' any penalty if its sort of implied by the storyline that it's a bit of 'what side is he really on' kind of thing.</p>

rate of improvement working a house show Question

what is the rate of improvement working a house show? Because I have guys work 5 house a week then on Monday (TV show) and then 3 Sundays out of the month they are off, but the forth Sunday is my Event (PPV) would it be worth giving them an extra day off or having him work a house show to gain skills?

I started a watcher game with the CV97 mod last night. SWF lost its tv deal in the US after about one year. I let the game run for another three years. They never got another tv deal in the US but the pop remained high since they still had a PPV deal.

Is this normal behaviour? Why wouldnt they seek out another deal inall this time?

edit: my fault. everythings all right. read the news wrong.

Thanks for your help. I didn't realize I had to do the import OUTSIDE of the save in the main TEW area.

I feel like a dolt, but I have to say this still doesn't work for me. The only way new workers are generated is which the picture requirement turned off. I believe I've followed all the instructions posted on the Sabin DB page of the mod site. I'm at a loss. If anyone has any pointers on getting all of your generated workers to have pics from a free pic pack, please let me know.

I feel like a dolt, but I have to say this still doesn't work for me. The only way new workers are generated is which the picture requirement turned off. I believe I've followed all the instructions posted on the Sabin DB page of the mod site. I'm at a loss. If anyone has any pointers on getting all of your generated workers to have pics from a free pic pack, please let me know.

how many free pictures are there?

also check the free picture setting to see if they are set to use once only

From the look of it, you've imported them to the wrong place. You said "I didn't realize I had to do the import OUTSIDE of the save in the main TEW area.", which is incorrect. To clarify:

- Anything you import or edit in the main editor only impacts save games started from that point onwards

- Anything you import or edit in the in-game Options editor affects only that specific save game

If you've therefore imported the free pictures to the main editor, like you said, it's going to have absolutely no impact on a game you already had running.

From the look of it, you've imported them to the wrong place. You said "I didn't realize I had to do the import OUTSIDE of the save in the main TEW area.", which is incorrect. To clarify:

- Anything you import or edit in the main editor only impacts save games started from that point onwards

- Anything you import or edit in the in-game Options editor affects only that specific save game

If you've therefore imported the free pictures to the main editor, like you said, it's going to have absolutely no impact on a game you already had running.

Thanks, Adam, and great game. I'd initially imported them via my in game settings, but once I enabled the picture requirement, no new workers were created. So I posted here and got the impression that perhaps also importing them from outside the save might be helpful. I initially followed these steps from tewdb.com:

- Copy Sabin_Free_Pics into the TEW 2020 Pictures folder.

- Copy Sabin_Pics_DB into the TEW 2020 Databases folder.

- Open TEW 2020 & select your database that you intend to play. Go into the editor & select Free Pictures from the drop down menu.

- If there are pictures already loaded, you may want to select all & delete them to avoid issues. Otherwise, you can check to see if their naming convention conflicts with the one used for the pack.

- Select Import Items, select the Sabin database from drop down menu, Select All, then Import Highlighted Items.

I've had absolutely no issue with mods up to this point, so I feel like there must be a step I'm missing, or perhaps I'm misunderstanding how the pic packs are supposed to work. My intention is for all autogenerated new workers to have a picture associated with them. Right now, they're all generic, which limits my immersion.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="clutchcargo" data-cite="clutchcargo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>- Copy Sabin_Free_Pics into the TEW 2020 Pictures folder.<p> - Copy Sabin_Pics_DB into the TEW 2020 Databases folder.</p><p> - Open TEW 2020 & select your database that you intend to play. Go into the editor & select Free Pictures from the drop down menu. </p><p> - If there are pictures already loaded, you may want to select all & delete them to avoid issues. Otherwise, you can check to see if their naming convention conflicts with the one used for the pack.</p><p> - Select Import Items, select the Sabin database from drop down menu, Select All, then Import Highlighted Items.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not sure who wrote those instructions, but they appear to be missing a step - if you followed them exactly then it would have no effect if your database isn't also set to use "Sabin_Free_Pics" as its picture pack.</p><p> </p><p> If your database is set to use the Default picture pack, for example, then you won't be able to use any of the pictures from this "Sabin" pack because they're in a completely different place - the game is looking in the folder called Default, you've put the contents in Sabin_Free_Pics. It therefore can't assign them to newly generated workers because it can't "see" them.</p><p> </p><p> I'd suggest you're far better copying and pasting the contents of Sabin_Free_Pics into whichever picture pack you're using.</p><p> </p><p> It is very easy to see if you've done it correctly; simply open any of the Free Picture entries in the editor. If it's not showing the associated picture, it means that the game cannot see or use it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cool name" data-cite="cool name" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What is the latest scandal option and how do you use it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's an option for preset scandal types. You don't "use it", it's just cosmetic.</p>

I'm not sure who wrote those instructions, but they appear to be missing a step - if you followed them exactly then it would have no effect if your database isn't also set to use "Sabin_Free_Pics" as its picture pack.

If your database is set to use the Default picture pack, for example, then you won't be able to use any of the pictures from this "Sabin" pack because they're in a completely different place - the game is looking in the folder called Default, you've put the contents in Sabin_Free_Pics. It therefore can't assign them to newly generated workers because it can't "see" them.

I'd suggest you're far better copying and pasting the contents of Sabin_Free_Pics into whichever picture pack you're using.

It is very easy to see if you've done it correctly; simply open any of the Free Picture entries in the editor. If it's not showing the associated picture, it means that the game cannot see or use it.

I'd written a whole response and when I fired up the game, sure enough, generated workers have pictures assigned to them. All I ever had to do was drop the pics in the right folder. Much thanks for your help.

I'm probably being really dumb here, but how do you set a maximum size for your child company, my child company keeps rising and rising which is good, but I don't want it to become too big, it's currently number 8 in the world and I don't really want it going much bigger, any help is much appreciated

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dj161" data-cite="dj161" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm probably being really dumb here, but how do you set a maximum size for your child company, my child company keeps rising and rising which is good, but I don't want it to become too big, it's currently number 8 in the world and I don't really want it going much bigger, any help is much appreciated</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Size - Maximum Size</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are we able to change the production values of our child companies to make them eligible for broadcasters?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not as far as I or anyone else have been able to figure out. This question has come up a few times recently.</p>