TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

On Demand time slot

I’ve been running shows from the UK and have got into a position to start to run shows in the US. My goodness, the time zone change absolutely rockets up my viewership. I’m guessing that the viewership is based off the location you run, so more people can watch it if it’s run at prime time in the west.

A question then before I test this out. Will an on-demand time slot allow for a full allocation of viewers rather than be penalised for running early morning?

I’ve been running shows from the UK and have got into a position to start to run shows in the US. My goodness, the time zone change absolutely rockets up my viewership. I’m guessing that the viewership is based off the location you run, so more people can watch it if it’s run at prime time in the west.

A question then before I test this out. Will an on-demand time slot allow for a full allocation of viewers rather than be penalised for running early morning?

Good question. Who/what/where are your broadcasters

I would like to know how timezones effect tv if they cover multiple areas . I wanted to add a few other big events to the other shows database and didnt know where to start

How would you book the perfect squash match (for the max match rating?)

Ie. what road agent notes, match time and so on?

Dominate road agent note. The match should be short. The dominate road agent note says matches need to be less than 15 minutes. I tend to keep squashes to five minutes or so. It helps if they have "Squash Master" as an attribute.

There isn't a way to guarantee you're going to max out the rating each time. The number of variables that go into a match rating make it very difficult.

Dominate road agent note. The match should be short. The dominate road agent note says matches need to be less than 15 minutes. I tend to keep squashes to five minutes or so. It helps if they have "Squash Master" as an attribute.

There isn't a way to guarantee you're going to max out the rating each time. The number of variables that go into a match rating make it very difficult.

Thanks. I never use a squash match in title defenses, as I suspect it will tank the prestige of the title.

Thanks. I never use a squash match in title defenses, as I suspect it will tank the prestige of the title.

I had the message in the dirt sheet "well executed match" without using the Dominate note, you just need an unimportant worker vs at least a Weel Know one (not sure about this last part) and not use the open match note. I never make a squash match longer than 3 minutes. So if you want to get the best rating possible i'll not use that note, it will affect the rating for sure (and most time than not it is a gamble) and look to get other bonuses like Historian said the squash master attribute or even the explosive ring style, high charisma, star quality etc.

I don't know how much of a grade you can get from it, but in my game with RIPW in my top 10 at number 8 there is a 3 minute squash match, but it's only a 40 and i'm bad at getting good rating from matches.

I had the message in the dirt sheet "well executed match" without using the Dominate note, you just need an unimportant worker vs at least a Weel Know one (not sure about this last part) and not use the open match note. I never make a squash match longer than 3 minutes. So if you want to get the best rating possible i'll not use that note, it will affect the rating for sure (and most time than not it is a gamble) and look to get other bonuses like Historian said the squash master attribute or even the explosive ring style, high charisma, star quality etc.

I don't know how much of a grade you can get from it, but in my game with RIPW in my top 10 at number 8 there is a 3 minute squash match, but it's only a 40 and i'm bad at getting good rating from matches.

That's fair enough... I was sort of looking to replicate the Lesnar vs Ricochet match for the WWE Championship in my promotion, but if it's gonna be a title match, I won't make it a squash match.

Good question. Who/what/where are your broadcasters

I would like to know how timezones effect tv if they cover multiple areas . I wanted to add a few other big events to the other shows database and didnt know where to start

I have my own broadcaster with huge coverage everywhere. Just set up my own PPV provider for everywhere except the Americas with very big coverage everywhere. I’m using an in-game broadcaster for the PPVs in North America that has huge coverage.

I run my tv show at prime time and my PPVs at prime time. All my dev companies run on my broadcaster on-demand.

Running shows in the UK I was just pushing 7 million viewers for TV and a 1.50 rating for PPVs. Moved my shows to the US and my viewership jumped to 12million+ and over 3 rating for my PPV. I was starting to think I would never catch USPW’s viewership, but now I’ve got the top three all time from my month-long tour as well as doubling the best ever PPV numbers from SWF.

I’m guessing the viewership is affected by the region you run the show. Given there are not fans in North America, you get a larger audience for running prime time there. I cannot see a breakdown of fans per region from my broadcaster as it just gives you the numbers per broadcaster and not region.

If I run on-demand, does that simulate prime time in every region? Something like adding the +3 and +5 numbers to real life viewership.

It seems that wrestlers in my custom database don’t use any moves. There are both moves and moves sets assigned and each fight ends with generic submissions or pinfalls. No mention of what move won the fight. Is it a bug or have I missed something?

Did you make sure to assign the move sets in the worker contracts, as well as on their main profile? Within a company the game will draw from whatever move set is listed in their contract, and when they SIGN for a company their contract is given whatever one is listed in their bio (or alter ego, if they use one of those).

I've never gotten a 90+ rated match from a company that was not national or below. It depends on your company's size, your wrestler's abilities plus popularity. When I was playing as Impact at Cult size, I was thrilled when I got a 70+ rating.

So I've always attempted to play Real World promotions. Wanting to give the other side a chance and play in the CornellVerse. I see the pictures that Historian and willrock are using in their dynasties are quite different than the ones that come with the game. Can anyone point me to where I can find this set of pics?

<p>So... My PPV's buy-rate is declining fast, and I just can't figure out why...</p><p>

I've held 6 events, and the buy-rates (in order of first to last) has been: </p><p>

2.67, 2.47, 2.44, 2.16, 2.11, 2.00. That's a pretty drastic drop. The show ratings has been good, the lowest show rating is an 87, highest is a 95.</p><p> </p><p>

The viewership of my TV-shows has only gone up from day one. </p><p> </p><p>

The wrestling industry is 62 and rising, the economy is 76 and falling</p><p> </p><p>

My company is International size. I really don't understand the drastic drop in buy-rates</p>

<p>Pop Caps</p><p> </p><p>

Has anyone done some definitive testing on artificially breaking popularity caps? I assume they work in 20 like they did on other versions, but I noticed that the text on the Hot Prospects doesn't change if you do it, so I wasn't sure if they still worked the same way as before.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So... My PPV's buy-rate is declining fast, and I just can't figure out why...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I remember reading a feature that will cause this if you're being too 'boring', meaning your shows don't stand out in relation to your popularity level. It has a 10-point counter or something. Maybe that's the reason? The drops seem quite harsh, even if economy is dropping, the differences should be minimal.</p>

<p>I can't speak for my average pop (can't calculate that well), but my pop in USA is 80. My shows has always scored a higher rating than what my popularity was, which was 80 at it's highest and current state. My last show, which got a 95 rating, saw a 2.00 buyrate, which is a drop from 2.67 for the first ppv. It seems really harsh.</p><p> </p><p>

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see why a show rated 91 would cause a drop in buy-rate for the next PPV.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can't speak for my average pop (can't calculate that well), but my pop in USA is 80. My shows has always scored a higher rating than what my popularity was, which was 80 at it's highest and current state. My last show, which got a 95 rating, saw a 2.00 buyrate, which is a drop from 2.67 for the first ppv. It seems really harsh.<p> </p><p> Maybe it's just me, but I can't see why a show rated 91 would cause a drop in buy-rate for the next PPV.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sounds like an economy thing for PPV buys.</p>

<p>hello!</p><p> </p><p>

i wanted to negotiate an new broadcasting deal.</p><p>

but my shows (3 hours & 2 hours) were too long for the TV station.</p><p>

my third and only 1.5 hours long show was acceptably long for them.</p><p> </p><p>

what are the deciding numbers and criterias for a broadcaster to say that my shows are too long for them? has it something to do with the broadcast slots or the wrestling stance of the broadcaster?</p><p> </p><p>

and is it possible to offer the broadcaster not the full show, but an highlight show?</p><p> </p><p>

thank you in advance!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bobby Brown" data-cite="Bobby Brown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>hello!<p> </p><p> i wanted to negotiate an new broadcasting deal.</p><p> but my shows (3 hours & 2 hours) were too long for the TV station.</p><p> my third and only 1.5 hours long show was acceptably long for them.</p><p> </p><p> what are the deciding numbers and criterias for a broadcaster to say that my shows are too long for them? has it something to do with the broadcast slots or the wrestling stance of the broadcaster?</p><p> </p><p> and is it possible to offer the broadcaster not the full show, but an highlight show?</p><p> </p><p> thank you in advance!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Their stance on wrestling is a large determining factor. And your style/their style preferences. You can’t offer a highlight show unless you are a touring company.</p>