TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Hello,

I try to grasp how playing an alliance company works. In a MOD I played a small NWA territory. I borrowed to the title for the nicht and gave it to a very low level wrestler, who became NWA-champion.

Is it supposed to work that way?! Do the other alliance members not have a say in it?

Thanx for your input.

The champion can block doing the job but that’s it.

Is there anything I can do to get past popularity caps? Right now I can only find a small handful of individuals who CAN reach 100 but all of the people I chose as my top stars when I started my game (16 months in) have all capped out in the low to mid 70s.

Caps can change as the popularity of your company as well as your broadcast reach changes.

Is there anything I can do to get past popularity caps? Right now I can only find a small handful of individuals who CAN reach 100 but all of the people I chose as my top stars when I started my game (16 months in) have all capped out in the low to mid 70s.

Increase the Star Quality & Charisma of the worker.

But "a small handful of individuals" sounds like the right number of people

I'm not seeing companies sign a lot of guys; I've several months into an AEW save with October 2021 data, and a bunch of ex-WWE stars who should get signed elsewhere (they have got ratings/popularity etc) by IMPACT etc are sitting in free agency. Is there a way to fix that in the game settings or something?

So I've found out that you can actually "call up" the titles as the parent company, however it will vacate it and even sending it back to NXT doesn't mean the current champion gets it back.

Worse, even if you were to award it directly to the "right" champion, it would artificially create a new reign for him rather than be a continuation of the former one.

I'll have to test if it's feasible during the actual booking of a show, or if I have to start from scratch and manually modify titles into alliance titles.

Just figured this out myself, set the champion as a loan to the WWE (for example NXT Cruiserweight champion Jordan Devlin), call the belt up, if the champion is on the roster, it won't vacate it.

Just figured this out myself, set the champion as a loan to the WWE (for example NXT Cruiserweight champion Jordan Devlin), call the belt up, if the champion is on the roster, it won't vacate it.

So I have to set them as "on loan" before the creation of the game ? Or does it also work when I borrow them for a specific show ? I have no issue with borrowing them each time I need them (which, to be fair, won't be as often: probably just at the Rumble and perhaps at Mania if I can't fill the card enough).

Thanks for the suggestion in any case !

I'm not seeing companies sign a lot of guys; I've several months into an AEW save with October 2021 data, and a bunch of ex-WWE stars who should get signed elsewhere (they have got ratings/popularity etc) by IMPACT etc are sitting in free agency. Is there a way to fix that in the game settings or something?

The game doesn't really work like that unfortunately. The AI doesn't look at the free agent pool and decide whether to sign a worker. It only signs workers when it needs them, or a 'predator offer' is triggered. All companies have a roster size that is set by company size, owner and booker preferences and only if their roster number drops below the minimum (if someone leaves or retires, etc.) does the company look for a new signing. Then, they probably will sign one of those ex-WWE stars. The other occassion when the AI signs a new worker is if one of their rivals tries to sign the worker and offers them a certain amount that triggers an offer. So, a lot of good workers who were released or quit a company will end up sitting around unsigning, for a long time in some cases, until the AI meets certain conditions.

The game doesn't really work like that unfortunately. The AI doesn't look at the free agent pool and decide whether to sign a worker. It only signs workers when it needs them, or a 'predator offer' is triggered. All companies have a roster size that is set by company size, owner and booker preferences and only if their roster number drops below the minimum (if someone leaves or retires, etc.) does the company look for a new signing. Then, they probably will sign one of those ex-WWE stars. The other occassion when the AI signs a new worker is if one of their rivals tries to sign the worker and offers them a certain amount that triggers an offer. So, a lot of good workers who were released or quit a company will end up sitting around unsigning, for a long time in some cases, until the AI meets certain conditions.

Agree with this.

If a workers contract is coming up, I'll often make a play for them, even if I'm not interested in signing them. It will often create a number of other competing bids, allowing me to drop out of the bidding and ensuring that they will get signed somewhere.

I don't think that you can. I believe that it only happens with size increases.

Ah, that sucks a little. Seems like an important part of child companies is securing a TV deal for them which is kind of difficult if you can't upgrade those stats. Thanks for the reply though.

Ah, that sucks a little. Seems like an important part of child companies is securing a TV deal for them which is kind of difficult if you can't upgrade those stats. Thanks for the reply though.

Go to the in game editor, add the booker of your child company as a new player, change the production levels then go back to the editor and leave the game as that player.

I've got two shows booked for the same day each week (one live, one taped to be aired later). Currently it's booking the show that airs later in the week first, and the live show second. Is there a way to switch the order of which show is booked first?

In Events & TV, then Show Priority and then change the TV Order option. It should work.

EDIT: Given the topic, i will try to bring back an old question. I am pretty sure you can't have two event set to be held on the same day, so in the show priority window isn't the Event Order option useless?

Problems With Squash Matches

Quite a Dumb Question Here but i simply can't book an effective squash match,every time i book one the winner loses popularity,but i Guess the problem isn't charisma,guys like Keith lee(76 Charisma,Star Perception),Demolition Drebin(67 Charisma,Recognisable Perception),Glorious Gloria(54 Charisma,Recognisable Perception),They Always Lose Popularity With Them,Can You Explain How To Make Them Stop Losing Popularity?

My child company is not booking any woman matches any more and I don't get it...

They used to book one girls match every card, for the last 10 cards, there has been none booked.

I even changed my product to have the "women's wrestling tab to 'medium division' , 3 shows later still not one.

When the AI used to book 1 match per card I only had 5 female workers, when I hired 3 more, that's when they just stopped booking them. Any fix? Is this a bug?

Quite a Dumb Question Here but i simply can't book an effective squash match,every time i book one the winner loses popularity,but i Guess the problem isn't charisma,guys like Keith lee(76 Charisma,Star Perception),Demolition Drebin(67 Charisma,Recognisable Perception),Glorious Gloria(54 Charisma,Recognisable Perception),They Always Lose Popularity With Them,Can You Explain How To Make Them Stop Losing Popularity?

Check your product. Some products are better suited for squash type matches than others, some products expect workers with certain perceptions to be in 15-20 minute matches at the minimum or you start getting negatives.

If you then go and put someone like Keith (who is a Star) in a super short match, the match rating simply might not be good enough to improve his popularity.

When it boils down to it, the best ways for workers to gain popularity is to either beat opponents with better pop than them (fast way, but it in turn makes the loser's pop a little bit lower with every loss they take to inferior talent) or really good match/segment ratings (slow way, but protects everyone involved).

So if you have a 40 pop worker who is doing squash matches, and the match doesn't reach a decent level, then the chances are low that they are not going to gain any pop. They might even lose it, or even lose momentum (low momentum makes pop gains even harder).

Ultimately, squash matches aren't an effective way to push the pop of workers beyond the highest pop of your jobbers. If Jobber Joe has only 30 pop, nobody who beats him will realistically go higher than that.

The best way to use squash matches is to build a starting momentum by giving newer talent some harmless wins over unimportant competition. You add segments to the mix that further highlight his talents (mic, Menace, or give him a manager). Once his pop and momentum gets to a good level, you put them against named talent and that should allow them to start becoming popular.

In the case of your three workers, Keith is the only one with good enough charisma, 67 is on the limit and 54 is just not good enough to look good with 'domination' tag. Unless they have attributes like 'Squash Master' or 'Explosive Ring Style' that can offset it. (but it in turn can be made even worse by 'Slow and Steady')

My child company is not booking any woman matches any more and I don't get it...

They used to book one girls match every card, for the last 10 cards, there has been none booked.

I even changed my product to have the "women's wrestling tab to 'medium division' , 3 shows later still not one.

When the AI used to book 1 match per card I only had 5 female workers, when I hired 3 more, that's when they just stopped booking them. Any fix? Is this a bug?

What is the popularity/perception of the women on the roster as compared to the company popularity? If the women that they have are unimportant, they won't get booked as frequently.

Check your product. Some products are better suited for squash type matches than others, some products expect workers with certain perceptions to be in 15-20 minute matches at the minimum or you start getting negatives.

If you then go and put someone like Keith (who is a Star) in a super short match, the match rating simply might not be good enough to improve his popularity.

When it boils down to it, the best ways for workers to gain popularity is to either beat opponents with better pop than them (fast way, but it in turn makes the loser's pop a little bit lower with every loss they take to inferior talent) or really good match/segment ratings (slow way, but protects everyone involved).

So if you have a 40 pop worker who is doing squash matches, and the match doesn't reach a decent level, then the chances are low that they are not going to gain any pop. They might even lose it, or even lose momentum (low momentum makes pop gains even harder).

Ultimately, squash matches aren't an effective way to push the pop of workers beyond the highest pop of your jobbers. If Jobber Joe has only 30 pop, nobody who beats him will realistically go higher than that.

The best way to use squash matches is to build a starting momentum by giving newer talent some harmless wins over unimportant competition. You add segments to the mix that further highlight his talents (mic, Menace, or give him a manager). Once his pop and momentum gets to a good level, you put them against named talent and that should allow them to start becoming popular.

In the case of your three workers, Keith is the only one with good enough charisma, 67 is on the limit and 54 is just not good enough to look good with 'domination' tag. Unless they have attributes like 'Squash Master' or 'Explosive Ring Style' that can offset it. (but it in turn can be made even worse by 'Slow and Steady')

So Apparently,Squash Matches Really Sucks In This Game.Thank You For The Tips And For Replying to Me!

So Apparently,Squash Matches Really Sucks In This Game.Thank You For The Tips And For Replying to Me!

Squash matches don't suck -- they just have to be used by people who benefit from squash matches. Guys without the necessary skills and attributes benefit from more competitive matches rather than squashes.

I want to start running weekly Battle Royals to save cash on my workers. Does it affect Momentum to lose a battle royal as bad as it would a 1v1? Will I be tanking everys momentum quickly this way?

I run battle royals quite a bit in my post-shows or pre-shows, usually a women's and a men's. I think if it's not on the main card, the momentum losses are less, if any. Try the "keep strong" road agent note for workers who you don't want to lose momentum. Battle royals are very beneficial in my opinion. It let's you use workers who have been left off. Also, if you do about half and half of main eventers and undercarders, it helps the latter improve their skills.