TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

What happens if you hire a wrestler as 'Whatever is needed' and you want use him as a backstage personality? Will he get angry at you?

I'm playing as QAW and want to have a 'himbo' backstage interviewer, just a real high sex appeal, good on the mic, etc. I can't find any personalities or managers with those attributes, but I found some young wrestlers that fit the bill. Can I get away with hiring them? Will they get angry with me if they're not wrestling?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Martino" data-cite="Martino" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any way to edit a worker back who has left to film a movie?</div></blockquote><p> No.</p>

I have a colour commentator getting pissy over being left off of shows despite being set to commentate on my b show. Is this a glitch of some sort? Didn't seem to happen in 16 and it doesn't really make sense

Does he only commentate on your B shows and not bigger shows of more importance? Does he have other roles on the roster IE: is he a manager/personality/etc...

Does he only commentate on your B shows and not bigger shows of more importance? Does he have other roles on the roster IE: is he a manager/personality/etc...

Just B. I assumed that would be fine given in real life companies have B show commentators and have people work B shows. Seems like a strange design decision if they're not counted.

Comedy Match Workers

I have some workers who have the Comedy Match Worker attribute, but when I use them in matches with the comedy aim the dirt sheet does not say they get any bonuses, like the way Squashmaster does if you use it in a domination match.

Am I leaving something out if I just set the aim as Comedy? Are the bonuses from the attribute not noted on the dirt sheet like other attributes?

<p>All things being equal, are ratings better for an angle where the title changes hands (MITB cash in) or a 1 v 1 where a third participant is a late addition?</p><p> </p><p>

Guess it would be Edge cashing in on Cena at New Years Revolution or Reigns vs Lesnar with Seth cashing in late in the match.</p>

<p>Angle grades are pretty infallible so ratings wise that will almost always be better than a match, but it won’t give the automatic boost someone gets for winning a proper match.</p><p> </p><p>

I’m not against doing a separate 1 minute match, it usually won’t bomb (B area if we are talking medium+ size). You can also run an extended angle after the match for a celebration/beatdown/promo/etc which will help the ratings.</p><p> </p><p>

It might be a lower rating that you could have gotten, but the debate between logic and power gaming is subjective.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Angle grades are pretty infallible so ratings wise that will almost always be better than a match, but it won’t give the automatic boost someone gets for winning a proper match.<p> </p><p> I’m not against doing a separate 1 minute match, it usually won’t bomb (B area if we are talking medium+ size). You can also run an extended angle after the match for a celebration/beatdown/promo/etc which will help the ratings.</p><p> </p><p> It might be a lower rating that you could have gotten, but the debate between logic and power gaming is subjective.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the in depth response. At tiny I will gladly eat the difference in favor of storytelling. Besides, I would rather get the winner the boost.</p>

<p>What is it with wrestlers with a "Driven" personality type and whining about wrestlers far lower on the card? Seems like they do it way too much.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: I can understand once in awhile for a personality like this, but it seems like they do it every show for wrestlers that are serving their purpose to put others over or develop. I could expect that out of Egomaniacs/Scumbags/other negative personalities, but Driven isn't really a negative personality.</p>

<p>Is there a way to view a worker's injuries when they don't work for you? If there is, I haven't been able to figure it out. I don't want to hire a worker and find out the injury is more severe than I thought and he's useless.</p><p> </p><p>

Surely there is some way around this, no?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kaeden31" data-cite="Kaeden31" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to view a worker's injuries when they don't work for you? If there is, I haven't been able to figure it out. I don't want to hire a worker and find out the injury is more severe than I thought and he's useless.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You just open their Skills tab, injuries are in the bottom right hand corner.</p>

CWW were going out of business in my game so I bought them as a child company, sent a few workers over there and set up a weekly lesser event to fill out the schedule a bit but every single week the weekly event is cancelled due to not having enough workers... but the monthly events always go ahead as planned ? any ideas?

CWW were going out of business in my game so I bought them as a child company, sent a few workers over there and set up a weekly lesser event to fill out the schedule a bit but every single week the weekly event is cancelled due to not having enough workers... but the monthly events always go ahead as planned ? any ideas?

My guess is the roster has a lot of wrestlers who will only work A shows and above...leaving the 'B' show without enough workers. You'll probably need to sign a handful of young workers with just enough popularity who can be booked on the B show and who also will be booked. I've noticed that unless wrestlers are part of a tag team, if they don't have enough popularity they won't get auto booked. Check the roster of your child company and look at the contracts the wrestlers have...and see how many more you need to sign to fill out the B show.