OLLIE Discussion Thread

OLLIE is the oldest active wrestling promotion in the CVerse. They were once the standard-bearer for lucha libre, but they have fallen on hard times. EILL's money-spending and buying up talent, lack of adaption and rise of competition from CILL and EMLL have put them in an interesting position. Their owner just sold the company to Phoenix I, Gino Montero has left to go to EILL, Nicolas Lopez and Marclos Flores are two ageing stars that are long past their peak...

Talk about them here!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, the text says that OLLIE is in terminal decline, but I'm not seeing it. They've got a good chunk of money compared to CILL (the company that we're told is on the rise), and there's at least one broadcaster that's willing to work with them right out of the gate, with at least one more who'd be willing if you change some of the production values.

Aside from that, it is SO cool to see that Electric Dreamer is considered one of the top workers in the company.

But Hijo Del Mephisto and Marcos Flores are STILL feuding with each other? This is going on longer than the "Are Bayley and Sasha FINALLY going to break up" storyline.

My favorite demo save so far is with OLLIE. I have Joanne Rodriguez as my player character owner and they're on internet weekly with a hybrid of her Behind the Curtain podcast and a traditional wrestling show.

The roster is a blast, and EILL seems to be very likely to offer a developmental agreement early in 2020. Happened before the second week of February in two run throughs.

But Hijo Del Mephisto and Marcos Flores are STILL feuding with each other? This is going on longer than the "Are Bayley and Sasha FINALLY going to break up" storyline.

0A1cx0K.jpg.

Yeah I don't particuarly see the weak and vulnerability of OLLIE either. They have a lot of talented guys with good starting momentum, finnancials and even size. The only negative thing are the prestige of titles really.

While playing as another company, I saw OLLIE strike up a developmental agreement with EILL, similar to the relationship MAW has with TCW. After the initial bristling I had, given the history of the two companies and how SOTBPW would always steal my guys in 2016, that actually struck me as not a terrible plan in 2020.

So, looking over things, the roster for both men and women skews more towards the rudo side, outnumbering the tecnicos by about 5 on the men's side and 3 on the women's. Assuming there's no one you can turn, who would you hire to balance things out? Velvet Suarez seems like a no-brainer, but who else?

Also, broadcasting. OLLIE can qualify for a few right at the start, so which one does everyone think is the best to start out with?

0A1cx0K.jpg.

Yeah I don't particuarly see the weak and vulnerability of OLLIE either. They have a lot of talented guys with good starting momentum, finnancials and even size. The only negative thing are the prestige of titles really.

Yeah, I agree that I don't feel like OLLIE are in any real threat at all given the context from the bios.

Yeah, I agree that I don't feel like OLLIE are in any real threat at all given the context from the bios.

Especially given the new relationships in the game. In addition to COTT (with the new addition of IPW), you're on good terms with CILL, and EILL will almost certainly float you a developmental offer.

I'd probably keep going an see if any Japanese companies, like 5SSW or EXODUS, would be interested in sending you people on excursion.

I started out my demo save looking for more known workers and lost a few bidding wars before heading the other way and looking young/unproven talent. As others have said, development deal came quick and a weekly show on an internet broadcaster had us making consistently solid shows. I also bought the MPWF belt and am gonna rebrand that sucker.

I started out my demo save looking for more known workers and lost a few bidding wars before heading the other way and looking young/unproven talent. As others have said, development deal came quick and a weekly show on an internet broadcaster had us making consistently solid shows. I also bought the MPWF belt and am gonna rebrand that sucker.

Doctor Tecnico looks like a solid prospect. And it's about time we had a "Doctor Tecnico" in the game. Someone had better get him and Dr. Rudo in the same company and run a money feud between those two!

In 2016, when I played OLLIE, I would usually try to stick to Mexican workers, unless they were gimmicky as Hell. Now, in 2020, what with the roster including the American Cobras and some ACPW guys, I might break that rule a bit.

Mr. Lucha II

I wonder if someone with knowledge of OLLIE history can help me. Mr. Lucha III's bio says that Mr. Lucha II was a political debacle that tarnished the reputation of the mask. I haven't been able to find anything more about that, so I'm hoping someone can tell me: Who was Mr. Lucha II (son of Manuel Prieto?), what was the political debacle and where is Mr. Lucha II now? Thanks.

So if I was to run a mixed tag match in OLLIE, would I actually be penalized for it? I'm wondering because I had been considering a mixed tag team tournament, in order to put some heat on OLLIE's womens division.

Go for it. I've not tried it myself, yet, but if it's anything like 2016, the penalties will be very minor.

I wonder if someone with knowledge of OLLIE history can help me. Mr. Lucha III's bio says that Mr. Lucha II was a political debacle that tarnished the reputation of the mask. I haven't been able to find anything more about that, so I'm hoping someone can tell me: Who was Mr. Lucha II (son of Manuel Prieto?), what was the political debacle and where is Mr. Lucha II now? Thanks.

Most of the info can be found in the bio of Pharaoh King. They don't go into exactly what went wrong, but it basically looks like a case of bad creative and booking.

The Mr. Lucha thing can come down to “they put the mask on someone too green and not nearly of high enough quality to earn the moniker, and they turned on it”. It was also someone with no connection to Mr. Lucha.

Mr. Lucha III, on the other hand, was hand chosen protege who was A: talented beyond his years and B: Clearly an elite level talent in waiting.

I decided to jump into an OLLIE save after seeing this thread and honestly it has so much potential. You can immediately get a quality broadcasting deal and make enough money to open a training facility or even your own broadcaster if you want.

Some of the top stars are old but long term I'd probably turn one of my top two heels to babyface and have them feud to create a new babyface major star that's in their prime.

The women's division is good too and with the signings of Alina America and Christina Higgins I've brought in two women to build up while Dreamer holds down the fort at the top of the division.

Looking forward to diving into OLLIE for the first time as I ignored them in past playthroughs

<p>So in trying to even out the technico/rudo divide I've signed Velvet Suarez, Christy Higgins, and Catalina Velasquez. Depending how that all works I might also bring in DupliKate and Joanna Silver based on nothing other than both of these two characters being favorites of mine.</p><p> </p><p>

The male side has a way bigger divide. Since I have to bring in Chess Maniac(I mean seriously you should have to), I've also decided to turn Mr. Lucha III back to a technico. I've also signed all of the Phoenix graduates, Doctor Technico, and Kid Fantastic. I'm also thinking about Felipe Caballero but don't really want to waste the gains I've been making on the technico side.</p>

<p>So after reading this thread I was inspired to start a game with them and I have to say I am having fun. </p><p> </p><p>

I created a TV show and got a TV deal with the second biggest network that would sign me. Why the second? Because I signed a deal for events with the biggest network. </p><p> </p><p>

Some of the stories I intend to blow off quickly. Flores and Mephisto will be done after the first big event, with Mephisto taking his hair. I talked to Marcos and he seems agreeable to do it.</p><p> </p><p>

Lopez vs Extraordianario is also ending after the first big event with a clean win for Lopez.</p><p> </p><p>

Why? My idea is to build towards Lopez vs Mephisto long term, with Mephisto getting the belt and possibly the hair of Lopez as well if he is agreeable. This will play out over the next 3 months (when the game is released I guess). </p><p> </p><p>

I will build Mr. Lucha III to become the figurehead. Right now he is still a rudo and I have him issuing open challenges every other week and beating someone (usually a debuting lower card worker) clean. This will go on for a few months (I will probably get him a secondary belt or something) until the Lopez vs Mephisto story plays out. My idea is to have Mephisto proclaim himself as the top star in Lucha Libre after destroying the Legends and proclaim that their is no one else for him to beat. </p><p> </p><p>

Mr. Lucha III comes out and takes him up on his offer cementing a face turn and the next big program. </p><p> </p><p>

I am putting a rocket on Electric Dreamer. Possibly blowing up her feud with Amazon and moving her right to Celeste Moon.</p><p> </p><p>

I made some hires for the tecnico side, guys like El Orgulloso and Mustang Blanco Jr. No Chess Maniac yet. I always envisioned him as a heel so I will establish some names before bringing him in.</p><p> </p><p>

Doctor Tecnico and El Medico are now La Cruz Roja (The Red Cross) tag team.</p><p> </p><p>

New Stable: The Gringo Alliance (Dragon Americano & The American Cobras). I am working on making them Trios Champs and expanding the stable further.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TEWFan" data-cite="TEWFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47998" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So after reading this thread I was inspired to start a game with them and I have to say I am having fun. <p> </p><p> I created a TV show and got a TV deal with the second biggest network that would sign me. Why the second? Because I signed a deal for events with the biggest network. </p><p> </p><p> Some of the stories I intend to blow off quickly. Flores and Mephisto will be done after the first big event, with Mephisto taking his hair. I talked to Marcos and he seems agreeable to do it.</p><p> </p><p> Lopez vs Extraordianario is also ending after the first big event with a clean win for Lopez.</p><p> </p><p> Why? My idea is to build towards Lopez vs Mephisto long term, with Mephisto getting the belt and possibly the hair of Lopez as well if he is agreeable. This will play out over the next 3 months (when the game is released I guess). </p><p> </p><p> I will build Mr. Lucha III to become the figurehead. Right now he is still a rudo and I have him issuing open challenges every other week and beating someone (usually a debuting lower card worker) clean. This will go on for a few months (I will probably get him a secondary belt or something) until the Lopez vs Mephisto story plays out. My idea is to have Mephisto proclaim himself as the top star in Lucha Libre after destroying the Legends and proclaim that their is no one else for him to beat. </p><p> </p><p> Mr. Lucha III comes out and takes him up on his offer cementing a face turn and the next big program. </p><p> </p><p> I am putting a rocket on Electric Dreamer. Possibly blowing up her feud with Amazon and moving her right to Celeste Moon.</p><p> </p><p> I made some hires for the tecnico side, guys like El Orgulloso and Mustang Blanco Jr. No Chess Maniac yet. I always envisioned him as a heel so I will establish some names before bringing him in.</p><p> </p><p> Doctor Tecnico and El Medico are now La Cruz Roja (The Red Cross) tag team.</p><p> </p><p> New Stable: The Gringo Alliance (Dragon Americano & The American Cobras). I am working on making them Trios Champs and expanding the stable further.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Have you hired anyone for the women's division. They're a bit unbalanced in favor of the rudos, as well.</p>

So I ran my first monthly big event on TV and did a Rating of 66 which is good. Here is a brief recap.

4 dark matches (the only important one was Disturbed retaining the Campeon de Mexico over El Orgulloso in 15 minutes for a 51 rating). I need to get the belt off Disturbed but I have no idea who is getting it yet. Thought about Blue Phantom to feud with Mr. Lucha or have a multi-person match and have Mr. Lucha win it.

I opened things up with a Women's Trios to Work the Crowd.

Pinky Perez, Pamela Rojo & Ursula Saez defeat La Hija del Diablo & Zero Tolerance (Rating: 55). I am pushing Pinky since Electric Dreamer likes her and thinks she can be a star. Possibly moving her to a feud with Queen Amazon or a team with Mystery Pink.

OLLIE Women's #1 Contender was next. I had Queen Amazon ambush Electric Dreamer on her way to the ring (Rating: 61)

Electric Dreamer overcomes the odds and beats Queen Amazon 2 Falls to 1 (Rating: 68). The storyline ended.

Mr. Lucha III Open Challenge is answered by the debuting Hijo del Aguila (Rating: 60)

Mr. Lucha III beats Aguila clean in 15 mins (Rating: 63) but I had Aguila be kept strong as I have plans for him.

Mystery Pink promo to hype her title match (Rating: 60)

Celeste Moon defeats Mystery Pink 2 Falls to 1 after losing the first fall. She used an object in her mask after pretending to go for Pink's bad arm, distracting both Pink and the ref from the real finish. (Rating:57, Technical Masterclass)

**NOTE**: I made the match a tad long at 18 minutes and it hurt the match. Lesson learned.

Moon tries to rip Pink's arm off again, but Electric Dreamer makes the save (Rating: 58) ***NOTE:*** I did not end the story. Instead I am inserting Dreamer into their story to make it a 3-Way.

Talking about 3-Ways, Evil Intent defeat Space Invaders & Freedom Family to win the OLLIE Tag Team Titles (Rating: 58, Steal the Show). The reason? I needed the belts off the Space Invaders to continue the story between Freedom Family and Evil Intent. Two weeks before this I book a 4 vs 4 match with Invaders and Evil Intent teaming up and miscommunication led to the rudos losing. That created "heat" between them in order to justify this booking. Now it is time for Space Invaders (and perhaps Guardiano too) to linger in the sidelines for a while.

Marcos Flores promo on Hijo del Mephisto (Rating: 57). Marcos struggled without a script. Noted.

Hijo del Mephisto defeats Marcos Flores in the Lucha de Apuestas 2 falls to 1 (Rating: 60). Flores got a bonus of $1500 for losing his old man hair. This ended the story. I plan to work an angle to help rebuild Marcos by him doubting himself and starting from the bottom to prove he still has it. (He offered to put over Blue Phantom in the next 2 months but I have no idea if I can juggle the logistics to get that booked since both are faces).

In a throwaway designed to calm the crowd, The Gringo Alliance(Dragon Americano and American Cobras) defeat El Pavo Real & Van Pelt & Kamizake (Rating: 54) to win the Trios Titles.

Nicolas Lopez & Extraordinario Jr tear the house down with a dueling promo! (Rating: 72). Makes me think I ****ed up by ending the story.....

Nicolas Lopez defeats Extraordinario Jr to retain the Universal Title 2 falls to 1. (Rating: 66, 25 mins, Slow-Build). This ended the story.

Nicolas Lopez celebration (Rating: 55, 3 mins long).

So what is next? What could I have done differently? I feel like some ratings were lower for poor booking decisions (Technical Masterclass, although both had the skills, it was oddly placed. Does this work better as an opening match?). Any suggestions for roster members are also welcomed.

This is a ways back, but Pharoah King was the original Mr Lucha II back in OLLIE; but was given the mask by the company rather than out of any relationship with the original. Being billed as the 2nd incarnation of a legend didn't ignite his career like management hoped, so he was eventually repackaged as one of the Swarm Trio who were designed to feud with Los Phoenixes. After that ran it's course he reinvented himself as Pharoah King and was eventually poached by SOTPBW/EILL.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tiberious" data-cite="Tiberious" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47998" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is a ways back, but Pharoah King was the original Mr Lucha II back in OLLIE; but was given the mask by the company rather than out of any relationship with the original. Being billed as the 2nd incarnation of a legend didn't ignite his career like management hoped, so he was eventually repackaged as one of the Swarm Trio who were designed to feud with Los Phoenixes. After that ran it's course he reinvented himself as Pharoah King and was eventually poached by SOTPBW/EILL.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you. That is very helpful for my OLLIE dynasty - even more intrigue!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47998" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Most of the info can be found in the bio of Pharaoh King. They don't go into exactly what went wrong, but it basically looks like a case of bad creative and booking.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Novacain" data-cite="Novacain" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47998" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Mr. Lucha thing can come down to “they put the mask on someone too green and not nearly of high enough quality to earn the moniker, and they turned on it”. It was also someone with no connection to Mr. Lucha.<p> </p><p> Mr. Lucha III, on the other hand, was hand chosen protege who was A: talented beyond his years and B: Clearly an elite level talent in waiting.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks to both of you.</p>

OLLIE has been a blast to play as so far. They can go on air right off the bat, I got them a weekly TV show which has them on the cusp of growing to Medium just 4 months in. They are making cash easily as well. Here’s my rundown on the promotion.

Roster. They start off very rudo heavy so you will want to hire/ turn some workers over to tecnicos to even things out. Strongly suggest turning Mr.Lucha III as you need a strong tecnico who can pull good match ratings at the top of the card. Marcos Flores and Nicolas Lopez are on decline I’d use them to get others over.

Don’t sleep on the Luchadoras, Electric Dreamer and Celeste Moon have been worth their weight in gold. I put them in a feud against each other were they both got over as Major Stars with the feud ending match headlining LuchaSlam XXV.

The Stables are a great new addition to OLLIE, I currently have Hijo Del Mephisto as my champion running a storyline in which after winning at LuchaSlam he has decided the time is nigh to take down the promotion. I’ve added several members to the council of decay such La hija del Diablo I mean how can the devils daughter not be in a Satanic cult? Hellech and Pierrot as lackeys. Brought in Hysteria from the outside to be the promotions muscle. Current plan is for the recently turned Mr.lucha 3 to head a stable opposing the Council.

As for Galactic Force I have them forming a truce with the Council to also bring down OLLIE. 2 of my tecnicos volunteered to put over Blue Phantom so I’m turning Phantom to get those big wins and having him join as the future of the Stable. Long term storytelling plans right now are for the Council of Decay to grow stronger and reign for a while. Down the line the Galactic force realize the Universal threat of Mephisto and his council, so they turn face joining Mr.Luchas stable and finally turning the tide against the council. I plan on keeping Blue Phantom as a rudo maybe even having him backstab his mentor and leader Extraordinario Jr then joining the council under the moniker Red Phantom.

Overall I highly recommended playing as OLLIE, they have never been funner to play as.