21CW Discussion Thread

Nice. Tribal Warrior makes a ton of sense.

Any old ex-US big boy workers really.

I'm struggling a little bit with mid-range heels so things like this are perfect as short-term fixes.

These guys, Stevie Stoat, Nigel Svensson and Merle... All perfect for bringing in for a month or two.

I tend to fall into traps of signing the same guys each game so I avoided bringing in Stoat as he was in 21CW last time around and usually end up signing Svensson so I left him alone as well. It's easier this time now you can talk to workers and ask them to work in the UK, you're not as limited.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just decided to start up a quick game with 21CW to give them a go and had The Minor Annoyance show up on my Hidden Gems list, first time I've ever seen him appear there. Now I have to give him a run against some of the super heavyweight monsters

This happened for me in 2016. I blacklisted him. I then had Notorious Freak turn up on. I got him on a temp deal. He got put in a dark tag with Jay Chord, they had positive chemistry and a NBT destiny roll!

Compten Valence got a big ol' destiny roll. He's going to be good.

And just to cap it off Tommy Cornell took him on as a protege.

Being Tommy's protege is pretty massive news around the rasslin' world right?

Yes, that is a good thing.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ElSheriffo" data-cite="ElSheriffo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48006" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just decided to start up a quick game with 21CW to give them a go and had The Minor Annoyance show up on my Hidden Gems list, first time I've ever seen him appear there. Now I have to give him a run against some of the super heavyweight monsters</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is gold.</p><p> </p><p> Sign him. Stick him in a tag team with Brickhouse Balder or Gorilla Lee or Roly Muckletruck. </p><p> </p><p> All would be a ton of fun</p>

<p>OK. Looking for some input here chums.</p><p> </p><p>

Mark Misery and Vicki Company just got divorced.</p><p> </p><p>

They could have warned me.</p><p> </p><p>

Im thinking of putting Mark in a tag team because he desperately needs someone else to help him out. Maybe Brickhouse? </p><p> </p><p>

Vicki is a good manager so she can move onto a bigger gig. Maybe Beast Bantom? Or Brickhouse? Or even Ruin?</p><p> </p><p>

The other question - do I make a storyline/angle out of it? Or just split them up and move on?</p>

Great news - Brickhouse Balder and Apollo Prince have great chemistry as partners!

Bad news - Brickhouse is such a fatty he can only go 7 minutes in the ring.

I am not sure what to do with this

If you find a use for Brickhouse I'd love to hear it. I ended up just jobbing him out until he demanded release.

Great news - Brickhouse Balder and Apollo Prince have great chemistry as partners!

Bad news - Brickhouse is such a fatty he can only go 7 minutes in the ring.

I am not sure what to do with this

Put them together and make sure Brickhouse has limited involvement until you can stretch out his gas tank.

Oof. I'm really not sure much can be done with Brickhouse. He's basically built so he can only ever be a squash monster. Unless you get super lucky with his potential.

And sticking him in a tag with Apollo just doesn't fit with that.

Oh well. I'll give it a go!

The tag teams at 21CW are really an important part of the company IMO.

Ab Flawless, CSHS, Hot Stuff are all really, really good. Throw in the Red Devils and the Underdogs and you've got a good division.

As soon as you take the belts of the Men of Steel. Their time will come but it's not now. You need those 2 solid tag grades per show in the early game.

Especially as the title bio says it's traditionally been a very strong division.

Brickhouse... Hmm... He's French right? I'd stick a French Love Machine gimmick on him and make him a creepy, Big Daddy V, jobber in no time! Decent pop, so guys you want to push can beat him with roll-ups when neither shoulder is technically down. He'll fall down the card and help get other guys over by losing to them. That's his role as far as I see it. Matches can be 2-5 minutes with him!

I think both Misery and Apollo are too good to be his partner. But I'd be interested in a team between those two! Apollo is a future star, and could benefit greatly from teaming with a guy who knows his onions in the ring. Misery could be the 'straight' guy, to Prince's flamboyance/athleticism.

With Company, I'd probably put her with another team to beat down on Misery, compounding his 'Misery' about the break-up, and that's when he brings Prince in to be his partner ;) That feud can go on for months, building Mark and Apollo's experience as a duo. If it works, they can be unleashed on the rest of the excellent Tag division and make a push for the Titles.

My card for World War:

Ed Cornell [C] vs Tommy Cornell in an "I quit!" match for the 21CW World Championship

Tommy's going to win this. For now...

Ed's stable will fall apart a little in the aftermath as he turns on even his friends. He'll be left with just the silent Doomsday as his ally.

Men of Steel [C] vs the Underdogs vs Crouching Sifu Hidden Storm vs The Red Devils

4 way match for the 21CW tag titles

Probably going to put the belt on Storm/Sifu. The tag belts have been downgraded a bit with the Men of Steel holding them. I'd like to build them back up

Adam Matravers vs Hot Stuff in a handicap match

Buff is going to turn on J-B leading to the breakup of Hot Stuff.

Not quite sure what they're all going to do next.

Apollo Prince vs Daniel Black Francis

Apollo has been gold. Really, really good angles. He'll be getting another good feud. Even if he does have to try and do something with Brickhouse...

Bedlam [C] vs Sebastien Koller for the 21CW UK Championship

The Hellbound have been trying to abduct/kidnap/turn Seb. But Seb is a superstar so...

Another case of me wanting to elevate all my belts a little.

Wade Orson vs Rolling Johnny Stones

Wade is my next top face. Tommy and Adam are not getting younger [Tommy already gets dinged due to physical decline].

This was a placeholder story for him and he'll win comfortably..

Leigh Burton vs Luke Cool

This is a problem because heel/heel but they've both been excellent. Leigh is a future champ for me so he's getting a clean win too.

Brickhouse... Hmm... He's French right? I'd stick a French Love Machine gimmick on him and make him a creepy, Big Daddy V, jobber in no time! Decent pop, so guys you want to push can beat him with roll-ups when neither shoulder is technically down. He'll fall down the card and help get other guys over by losing to them. That's his role as far as I see it. Matches can be 2-5 minutes with him!

I think both Misery and Apollo are too good to be his partner. But I'd be interested in a team between those two! Apollo is a future star, and could benefit greatly from teaming with a guy who knows his onions in the ring. Misery could be the 'straight' guy, to Prince's flamboyance/athleticism.

With Company, I'd probably put her with another team to beat down on Misery, compounding his 'Misery' about the break-up, and that's when he brings Prince in to be his partner ;) That feud can go on for months, building Mark and Apollo's experience as a duo. If it works, they can be unleashed on the rest of the excellent Tag division and make a push for the Titles.

Thanks dude. Some excellent suggestions there. Apollo/Misery does make a lot of sense.

Normally I'd have a trio of them and Brickhouse. But with the 3 man army AND Hellbound AND Ed's crew there's already a lot of heel stables.

Will definitely use some of this though. Thanks

All this praise for Apollo Prince makes me wonder why he was released in my save. He's currently having great matches in SNP and CWW.

Meanwhile Edward Cornell had 4 matches rated over 90 in the first three months of 2020 and signed for USPW.

21CW are strange in my save too. They've actually just released Wade Orson as well as Kelly (but not Lance) Martin due to contract expiry. Just didn't bother offering them new deals!? Hmm....

If I was playing as them, there's no way I'd release Apollo, Ed, Orson or Kelly. Very odd.

21CW are strange in my save too. They've actually just released Wade Orson as well as Kelly (but not Lance) Martin due to contract expiry. Just didn't bother offering them new deals!? Hmm....

If I was playing as them, there's no way I'd release Apollo, Ed, Orson or Kelly. Very odd.

That's interesting. I have a NYCW save that got a huge boost from signing Kelly Martin and Mark Misery after they were released by 21C.

OK I ran World War. And the results were... mixed.

I was really happy with the individual segment grades [the hot stuff break up angle was pre-match not post-match but whatevs].

But I'm confused about the overall grade.

Top matches were 84, 76, 71.

Top angles were 88, 82, 77.

Definitely NOT set to "ensemble" for either. I thought "regular" was similar to the old main-matches-count-more. Is that not the case?

21CW-WW.png

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Monday Night Chores" data-cite="Monday Night Chores" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48006" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How’s everyone getting on with 21CW?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Currently six months in to a really fun save with them to kill some time in 'Lockdown 2'.</p><p> </p><p> I've tried to trim the roster, but my need to sign people and freshen up the divisions has made the numbers huge. I'm currently working on a full brand split as a way to solve a number of issues they have:</p><p> </p><p> - A Cornell on each show will keep them separate for a long time.</p><p> - A lot of regular/familiar names as upper mid card solo acts can be spread across two shows (Cool, Cooper, Jones, Stones, Francis to name a few)</p><p> - The monster heels can be spread better too (Beast, War Machine, Brickhouse, The Hellbound Stable, Doomsday, Badberry etc)</p><p> - The excellent tag division can split in half, and take on some younger teams like Boulder and Flynn, Valence and Herring, and a couple of signings like Future X.</p><p> </p><p> I've brought in Landon Mallory and built his overness up quickly. Joey Beauchamp is a personal favourite of mine and he's my Avatar. I also took the opportunity to sign Rogue when his contract came up. He's 43 (Like Joey) and I put them together as a tag team. Future X, The X Force, Chuck Frisby, Cain Carlisle and Dylan Drama have all come in as enhancement talent.</p><p> </p><p> The two brands will be called 'Mayhem' and 'Fight Club'.</p><p> </p><p> It's been an interesting few months. Managed to get Leigh Burton and Sebastian Koller to join The Cornells and Matravers as 'Major Stars', and Koller just beat Ed for the Title. Then out of nowhere, and with just 71 pop, Roly made it to Major Star too (Faust 81, Orson 77, Hot Stuff 74 are all 'Stars' and way more over than him. Interesting development.</p><p> </p><p> Going forward, I'll be doing the following:</p><p> </p><p> - Focusing Ed Cornell's Stable on getting Burton to the top. Essentially, BW Eddie and Doomsday are bad in non-wrestling segments. Iliakov is too, but he and Beskov come as a package for now. So I've split the stable up within the brand split, and Ed is going to take on Burton as a protege. Eventually it'll lead to some kind of power struggle. Think HHH/Orton in Evolution.</p><p> - Splitting Hot Stuff. Boltinho mentioned it before, but having two of your most reliable guys in a tag team is a waste. They can't win the Belts, because eventually they'd have to drop them and lose a ton of pop. So splitting them makes sense. I like the idea of Kathleen Lee leaving them both to it too as she is mega talented.</p><p> - Bringing along more enhancement 'characters'. Dylan Drama, Chuck Frisby, Cain Carlisle, Alfonso D'Angelo, they all have built in gimmicks. </p><p> - Continue to push Landon Mallory. He's one of my best talkers now, and an all round good egg. I like the look of Marcello Ricci too if I decide to dip further into Europe. They all come in with 0 pop in the UK though, which is a fun challenge. Mallory's up to 60 now in just six months.</p>

I've brought in Landon Mallory and built his overness up quickly. Joey Beauchamp is a personal favourite of mine and he's my Avatar. I also took the opportunity to sign Rogue when his contract came up. He's 43 (Like Joey) and I put them together as a tag team. Future X, The X Force, Chuck Frisby, Cain Carlisle and Dylan Drama have all come in as enhancement talent.

- Bringing along more enhancement 'characters'. Dylan Drama, Chuck Frisby, Cain Carlisle, Alfonso D'Angelo, they all have built in gimmicks.

- Continue to push Landon Mallory. He's one of my best talkers now, and an all round good egg. I like the look of Marcello Ricci too if I decide to dip further into Europe. They all come in with 0 pop in the UK though, which is a fun challenge. Mallory's up to 60 now in just six months.

I’m playing as a start-up rival to 21CW. They are a pain in the ass, but have lost both Cornell’s to USPW and only Matravers pushes up their ratings.

As for European stars, I’ve found Konrad Makinen is great for me (not sure if it’s just my destiny roll) or not.

I’ve turned Chuck Frisby into my colour commentator since his mic stat gets turned into his colour stat. There are some young stars in Oceania that you can convince to come across too.

I’m playing as a start-up rival to 21CW. They are a pain in the ass, but have lost both Cornell’s to USPW and only Matravers pushes up their ratings.

As for European stars, I’ve found Konrad Makinen is great for me (not sure if it’s just my destiny roll) or not.

I’ve turned Chuck Frisby into my colour commentator since his mic stat gets turned into his colour stat. There are some young stars in Oceania that you can convince to come across too.

Nice. See, Tommy's contract came up, and inevitably I was in a four way battle to keep him. I am paying through the nose to have him stay (thank goodness nobody has 'Wage matching' in their deal!!

I've managed to get some more guys to Major Star, and when Buff/J-B pays off I'm almost certain Buff will be MS too. Sebastian Koller and Roly Muckletruck are real stand-outs for me as guys I didn't expect to rise so quickly.

Konrad's a funny one. His look/selling/athleticism are world class, but I'm looking for entertainment skills from guys I bring in with no pop. He'd just be a jobber sadly in my set up.

How do you mean about Chuck's mic stat turning into his colour stat??

Konrad's a funny one. His look/selling/athleticism are world class, but I'm looking for entertainment skills from guys I bring in with no pop. He'd just be a jobber sadly in my set up.

How do you mean about Chuck's mic stat turning into his colour stat??

I’ve had no problems with Konrad’s promo skills. He’s turned into one of my go to guys and can hit the 90s for 8min unscripted rated in entertainment. Again, not sure whether he has a good destiny roll in my save or not.

Whenever you put a worker into a colour role, the game uses their mic stat to base their skill level at. If you make them a permanent colour commentator (by talking to them), the game overwrites the 0 with their mic stats. At least it did for me. His skill level hasn’t risen since I did that though and his experience may have had something to do with it. I haven’t tried it out with anybody else, but I have tried to turn somebody into an announcer, which didn’t work at all. I will have to try it with a young worker I’ve got at the moment who is fire on the mic, but can’t wrestle for toffee, just to see if a) they agree to it and b) whether their 95 mic skills turn into 95 colour skills.

I’ve just signed and brought across Emma Chase (who has been unemployed for 2 years!).