[Beta Release] Risky Business(January 1985)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Release will be tomorrow(Sunday). My grandfather was taken to the hospital so I'm spending time with my mom to keep her calm. I only have a few workers left to do attributes for in WWF and I'll do those either tonight after Slammiversary or tomorrow morning.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Beta Release .1 is <a href="https://www.mediafire.com/file/aksxvf4s43uc6h2/RiskyBusiness.rar/file" rel="external nofollow">here!</a></p><p> </p><p>

What's done:</p><p>

Initial pass on attributes for WWF and JCP workers. </p><p>

NWA National Heavyweight and NWA National Tag Team titles and lineages added</p><p> </p><p>

Things I used:</p><p>

Teh_Showtime's Interesting Default Angle pack found <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547749" rel="external nofollow">here</a></p><p>

Taker's Narrative pack and cuts found <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544982" rel="external nofollow">here</a></p><p> </p><p>

What you can do as a beta tester:</p><p>

Suggest attribute changes for WWF and JCP workers and free agents</p><p>

Suggest workers to add, ideally linking to their cagematch or wikipedia entry </p><p> </p><p>

I have a massive pic pack that I need to comb through and delete the hundreds of duplicates from over the years. For now, just use the nGo pack. Most images should line up.</p><p> </p><p>

What's next for me:</p><p>

Tackle the rest of the employed worker attributes and free agency attributes</p><p>

Tackle yet to debut attributes</p><p>

Fine tune various rosters to stop mass hiring</p><p>

Add dormant events to promotions that will start being used as the game goes on through the years</p><p> </p><p>

Right now potentials, maturity age, decline age, relevancy age, and retirement age are all set at random. I'm open to suggestions are what to set those for pretty much every worker. I'm trying not to be super bias, so leaving this up to you fine folk allows me to see it from multiple directions.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Redennis" data-cite="Redennis" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48200" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Excellent.<p> </p><p> Would also love to let everything stay at random. A bad Dwayne Johnson or Undertaker could make a fun save.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It would still be unlikely they would end up "bad" as they start out with very good stats.</p><p> </p><p> Random will pop up an occasional star than youd never expect but other than that its not that big of a deal.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jbergey_2005" data-cite="jbergey_2005" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48200" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You will want to take the Company schedules off of fixed otherwise the small companies start going broke within a year.<p> </p><p> *In the 6 month test numerous companies werent running any shows, losing all of their popularity, and going broke.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah bugger. Thought I changed that already.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jbergey_2005" data-cite="jbergey_2005" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48200" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It would still be unlikely they would end up "bad" as they start out with very good stats.<p> </p><p> Random will pop up an occasional star than youd never expect but other than that its not that big of a deal.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agreed. But they wont have the settled best or exceptional growth etc.</p>

<p>Oh, awesome. thanks for all the work on this, Jaysin. Look forward to diving in. </p><p> </p><p>

As for potentials.... always a debate. I don't see anything wrong at all with leaving them at Random. If someone wants certain works to be absolutely certain to have high potential, they can adjust that quickly and easily enough for themselves.</p>

I definitely would prefer things to be random, it's fun to watch history change and see a random TV jobber turn into the biggest superstar in the world 5 years in.

I'm glad Riki Ataki made the cut as far as random jobbers go, though there are a few that are still missing right now. Hopefully in future versions they'll be added!

I definitely would prefer things to be random, it's fun to watch history change and see a random TV jobber turn into the biggest superstar in the world 5 years in.

I'm glad Riki Ataki made the cut as far as random jobbers go, though there are a few that are still missing right now. Hopefully in future versions they'll be added!

Anyone in particular you think are missing?

Also, anyone have any thoughts on there being a negative relationship between Mark Caloway and Buzz Sawyer? Buzz originally agreed to train him and then skipped town with his money. Mark ended up taking Buzz's dogs and considered it even.

I was planning a long term game and thought about signing Mark when he debuts in June 87, but I want to have Buzz. I wonder if Mark would have chosen to work with a company if Buzz was involved?

Anyone in particular you think are missing?

Also, anyone have any thoughts on there being a negative relationship between Mark Caloway and Buzz Sawyer? Buzz originally agreed to train him and then skipped town with his money. Mark ended up taking Buzz's dogs and considered it even.

I was planning a long term game and thought about signing Mark when he debuts in June 87, but I want to have Buzz. I wonder if Mark would have chosen to work with a company if Buzz was involved?

I saw something recently but I cant re-call what(WWE Undertaker Doc?) Undertaker had zero respect for Buzz Sawyer.

I dont think it would have prevented Undertaker from working with someone though especially WWF or WCW. He was too driven for success to let a grudge hold him back.