Handshake contract requests should probably adjust depending on company size

<p>Using Public Beta #4.</p><p> </p><p>

I feel an adjustment should be made to adjust handshake contracts according to company size.</p><p> </p><p>

Something like possibly these:</p><p>

- A "minimum salary" according to the company size</p><p>

- Workers requesting a salary that is "relative" to the company size or other workers on the roster</p><p>

- A better relationship between company size and worker popularity salary request</p><p> </p><p>

Examples:</p><p>

1) As a rock hard company in Quebec Canada (where she has 0 popularity) Air Raid Syren may accept a 40$/show salary.</p><p>

2) As CZCW she accepts the same pay which seems kinda unfair towards the worker.</p><p>

3) As USPW, she would also accept the same pay which feels really unfair towards the worker.</p><p> </p><p>

I feel it leads to an unfair advantage on pay that gets bigger as the company grows in size.</p>

It should also go up when you're signing a worker who's going to be wrestling outside their home area. It was very weird when I was signing Canadian and Mexican workers to work in my medium sized company in the Great Lakes for $40 per show. That wouldn't even cover the plane ticket or gas costs, let alone hotels and food. And these aren't even exclusive deals, so they then have to travel back to their homes for other shows too. Basically every wrestler I sign from another game area is happily taking a loss to come do my show for peanuts. Even more unrealistic is that my product is Fast and Furious, so they're risking injury and wearing their body down for basically no pay. Obviously, as a promotion owner, I love this. But as a player trying to sim a realistic wrestling world it's very odd.

To the OP,

That's realistic to wrestling though. A worker makes what they are worth to the company, not what the company can afford to pay them. Air Raid Syren would make $40 regardless of where she is working because of her inherent value (popularity-wise) to the company. As she gains more popularity and brings more eyeballs to the product, she'll get paid more.

Cyort, that's something that usually is supposed to be taken care of by the pay for travel' option -- but it's also not unrealistic to wrestling. Ring of Honor used to charge people 2,000 to come to a tryout seminar. Those people had to also fly themselves out, put themselves up in a hotel, etc.

I know EVOLVE has only booked people who weren't from the area they were running the show if they were already going to be in the area or they flew themselves out there. It's a nasty part of pro wrestling, but it's not unrealistic. Especially on the idny scene.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48238" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>To the OP,<p> </p><p> That's realistic to wrestling though. A worker makes what they are worth to the company, not what the company can afford to pay them. Air Raid Syren would make $40 regardless of where she is working because of her inherent value (popularity-wise) to the company. As she gains more popularity and brings more eyeballs to the product, she'll get paid more.</p><p> </p><p> Cyort, that's something that usually is supposed to be taken care of by the pay for travel' option -- but it's also not unrealistic to wrestling. Ring of Honor used to charge people 2,000 to come to a tryout seminar. Those people had to also fly themselves out, put themselves up in a hotel, etc.</p><p> </p><p> I know EVOLVE has only booked people who weren't from the area they were running the show if they were already going to be in the area or they flew themselves out there. It's a nasty part of pro wrestling, but it's not unrealistic. Especially on the idny scene.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I understand all that, but I can't imagine these days anyone is traveling to another country to wrestle for $40. And they're not even asking me to pay for travel in negotiations. If I meet their $40 pay request, they accept automatically even when I offer them nothing else. And these aren't unknowns just starting in the business either. They have 8-15 years in, and have at least some popularity, even if it's not that high in my region. I'm not saying that a 19 year old who lives one state away should be demanding hotels and limos, but wrestler who know their value (or think they do) shouldn't be country hopping for pay that would get them a few meals at Applebee's before all their other expenses.</p>

<p>For a lot of these wrestlers, making $30 a show wrestling would be their side gig and they take any work to get exposure. </p><p> </p><p>

Pay is entirely based on their popularity in your companies region. I guarantee there are indy wrestlers "popular" in one or two towns and they bring people in to the local shows, but I have zero idea who they are.</p><p> </p><p>

Why would a company based where I am pay them anywhere near what the company pays them at home? They wouldn't because for the fans at my local indy company he's just some guy with 0 popularity.</p><p> </p><p>

There are definitely things that could be changed or fixed. Like if someone is making enough money and get enough exposure from their current deals, they would be more reluctant to take on a $30 PPA deal.</p>

I made a similar thread here that got no replies so I'm gonna copy that post here :D

---

Totally subjective topic but I would like to get my head around this:

I started a new company in Japan with hard difficulty and I found that I could talk many workers into considering being open to work in Japan, then signing them for 20-30$ with 10% merchandise cut. It doesn't seem logical to me that a worker would agree to that. To me all their salaries feel a little off and workers are a lot cheaper than they used to be and are too willing to do as I say. Also there seems to be no difference correlating to their stats - if they have 0% popularity in Japan, no matter how good they are skill wise, the contract is 20-30$ per show. Am I missing something or does that seem a little off? I think that skill should be calculated into contracts, as it was in previous games. You couldn't sign an unpopular, highly skilled worker that cheaply.

workers.png

Many of those 20-30$ workers aren't open to working in Japan from the start of the game and playing as Zeshin Makioka, I don't think I should have the leeway of convincing them to join my promotion, for them to be paying their travel costs and then have them working for me for only 20-30$ per show with such a small merchandise cut. As a worker, they'd be losing money in the progress and not gaining that much experience or publicity working for my promotion. Why would they do that? One argument could be that they are paying their dues and getting experince but at a net loss? No way.

Also it's a deathmatch oriented company too which only adds up. :D

So my suggestion: make it harder for unknown, smaller corporations and/or unknown user characters to get these people be open to working in their region and make the contracts a bit more pricey, if they are willing to work for you.

What I've also found is that the difference between monthly wage and per show varies hugely. Take example The Awesome Kiyaru - same savegame, he's willing to work for 300$ per show but he's valued monthly at around 11,600$? He should be working for 38.6 shows a month in order for the monthly wage to be better than the per show deal. Is there a situation where I'd ever choose paying him monthly rather than per show? :confused:

<p>I think a big part of the problem is you can convince people to work in other areas too easily. Whether they accept or reject you should take into account your user character's booker reputation AND the size of the company you currently work for. It could even go a step further and take into account any coverage your company has from broadcasting deals, as the exposure might be worth the risk for them in the short term if they can increase their value by becoming popular in more areas quickly. </p><p> </p><p>

It's kind of weird that I as an unknown booker, working for a company with just 10 or so popularity in BC, Canada (plus any associated spillover) and nowhere else could convince someone living in Japan to be open to working in Canada and agreeing to work for me for $30 an appearance.</p><p> </p><p>

Now, if I was a bigger regional promotion with at least an internet TV Deal, they should be more willing to listen to my request, because if they're unemployed in Japan, maybe trying their luck in Canada and getting on TV might be worth the risk for them?</p><p> </p><p>

But it's possible that reworking all this might require more balancing in the finances of smaller companies, where this is more relevant. Increased workers costs would mean revenue would need to be looked at.</p>