Make Fast And Furious product more friendly to short matches

<p>I mentioned this in the Product Suggestion thread, but since it's not technically a request for a new product, I thought I'd mention it here as well. Feel free to delete if that was a bad call.</p><p> </p><p>

I really love the Fast And Furious product, but I don't understand why they have the relatively high requirement of 15 minutes to avoid penalties and the "fans will expect important matches to be quite lengthy" note. It's all about fast-paced, intense matches. "Fast" is literally in the name. I'd think they'd be very tolerant of short matches.</p>

I mentioned this in the Product Suggestion thread, but since it's not technically a request for a new product, I thought I'd mention it here as well. Feel free to delete if that was a bad call.

I really love the Fast And Furious product, but I don't understand why they have the relatively high requirement of 15 minutes to avoid penalties and the "fans will expect important matches to be quite lengthy" note. It's all about fast-paced, intense matches. "Fast" is literally in the name. I'd think they'd be very tolerant of short matches.

True. I think it was meant to replicate PWG. They usually have long matches despite the fast pace.

I dunno. Part of me says yes, but another part of me says that the penalties aren't that bad and are easy to work around. I dunno if removing the short match penalty would make FnF too easy, and I definitely wouldn't want to add another malus to a different part of the product to make up for turning off the no short matches thing.

I didn't say they'd expect the matches to be short. I said they'd be accepting of it.

but they are. . They just expect the Major matches to be longer. . and any penalty for matches less than 15 minutes are gonna be inconsequential at best..

but they are. . They just expect the Major matches to be longer. . and any penalty for matches less than 15 minutes are gonna be inconsequential at best..

If it's anything like the system in 2016, the limitations for short matches will definitely not be inconsequential. For smaller companies, they won't matter, but as an example, in 2016, sub-10-minute matches were capped at 71. A sub-5-minute match was capped at 53. Back then, all companies had a 20-minute minimum to avoid penalties, and this is 15, so it's probably less harsh, but it's still generally indicative.

If it's anything like the system in 2016, the limitations for short matches will definitely not be inconsequential. For smaller companies, they won't matter, but as an example, in 2016, sub-10-minute matches were capped at 71. A sub-5-minute match was capped at 53. Back then, all companies had a 20-minute minimum to avoid penalties, and this is 15, so it's probably less harsh, but it's still generally indicative.

Even if they are capped in that manner still I really don't see that as a super harsh penalty for undercard matches that length, and matches less than 5 minutes really shouldn't get much higher than a 53 anyway in my opinion, It's pretty much exactly average, which is all you could really hope for in such a short amount of time no matter how much action you try and pack into it. . There is only so much you can do in short matches like that. And it was not my intent to be condescending or anything my friend so apologies if my previous message might've seemed that way, I understand if you disagree though. .

Even if they are capped in that manner still I really don't see that as a super harsh penalty for undercard matches that length, and matches less than 5 minutes really shouldn't get much higher than a 53 anyway in my opinion, It's pretty much exactly average, which is all you could really hope for in such a short amount of time no matter how much action you try and pack into it. . There is only so much you can do in short matches like that. And it was not my intent to be condescending or anything my friend so apologies if my previous message might've seemed that way, I understand if you disagree though. .

Don't worry about it. Based on a bit I read in the handbook, it seems like those limits are also a bit more generous in 2020 than it was before, but unfortunately, there's no complete guide available.