How do people book real world companies?

<p>Just looking for ideas on how people book real world companies? Both from a "do you try to start off with things roughly as they are now, or do you create a ton of wildly different storylines immediately?" perspective, and also from a sheer numbers perspective. </p><p> </p><p>

WWE has a zillion wrestlers under contract. I don't even know where to start and how to keep track of them and keep them all happy, especially with the auto-booker being useless at the moment.</p><p> </p><p>

Just messing around for now since I know the RW mods are still being worked on.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tryker2710" data-cite="tryker2710" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48571" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The first thing I did when I tried a WWE save was gut the roster. People in time decline, people who shouldn't have been out of development and people I just didnt care for got the axe</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This what I do too. Pretty much with any save I'll cut the lose ends or send to dev.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tryker2710" data-cite="tryker2710" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48571" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The first thing I did when I tried a WWE save was gut the roster. People in time decline, people who shouldn't have been out of development and people I just didnt care for got the axe</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Okay, so I'm not crazy to feel like that's the first thing I should do. </p><p> </p><p> I know there's multiple brands and everything, but having 90-something wrestlers in a RW mod I'm just like...overwhelmed. </p><p> </p><p> Fat-cutting here I come. Bonus - that should hopefully help some other companies get some talent they can use.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HarryFandango86" data-cite="HarryFandango86" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48571" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Usually I read up or watch a bit of the time I’m about to book from, to get in the moment and remember what was going on. Then I sorta start to try to book out any ongoing storylines before veering off on my own course.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I guess I don't have the same problem doing historical mods, because honestly, I'm more familiar with a lot of the older stuff, so I can take inspiration from what was going on when I was really deep into wrestling. I haven't been paying attention to the current state of wrestling until the last couple months, so my knowledge of the current players is pretty minimal. I'm old. I've missed basically everything since the early 2000s.</p><p> </p><p> I know I really enjoy the fact that there's an actual women's side of things now - these ladies can actually work, and in a lot of ways I enjoy that more the the male heavyweights. Which I guess isn't a surprise, because I was always a fan of the smaller workers.</p>

Depends on you. I pick and choose from history. For example, I will always book the Attitude Era Pay Per View Main Events extremely similar. The other matches are different but I always have that Rock vs. Mankind feud from 98-99. From Montreal Screwjob - Mania 15 is replicated (ALWAYS).

For my new game (WWF 1980), my goal is to book up until Hogan's title reign however I want. So far (one month in, I stopped playing until TEW 2020 is released) it is a blast. Giving Bruno one last big real run, bringing in Billy Graham. Making Andre the Giant an unstoppable killing machine (for years is my goal).

Varies depending on if the era was any good or not. I dunno I got more creative with it as I went and the novelty of booking real life wore off and got boring.

Post Montreal WWF mod ended up pretty much the same but with Shawn Michaels staying in the mix. No major changes until 99/00 and nothing drastic.

2006 WWE mod was a bit more interesting, because WWE had nothing interesting going on, and not much interesting talent. So, it made sense to gut it, end the brand split immediately, get rid of all those stupid gimmicks and useless tag teams they had, and filled it up with indie tag teams to fill the division. A few years in I ended up pushing the women and bringing back the brand split, with Smackdown as a women's only "pink" brand.

The pink brand took all of my attention, and the other was purely autobooked so I took it further with my current save;

1987 mod, but with a newly made women's federation, tweak the new worker settings to only generate new women workers. And this federation runs alongside the "real world". Fun for me is spending time on the new talent, creating a name I can stand, a gimmick I like and scouring google for a pic that suits, and then seeing if they'll actually amount to anything.

Slow and steady.

I advise not trying to book modern WWE the way modern WWE books itself, because yeah...200 people on the roster is alot.

Otherwise just remember one small thing and you are grant to play as you would with the C-Verse:

Don't hire everyone.

I know it's really tempting to hire just everyone that you like, but doing so quickly overwhelms you with the roster size. At some point you will have too many brands/weekly TV shows/events to keep track of it all. It's fine to keep the roster simple.

I pretty much only book real-world companies, don't believe that apart from the most recent beta I've even looked at the C-Verse. Anyway, I'll pretty much always start by going down the roster and cutting away any deadwood from the promotion.

Before I start I might go back and watch a few episodes of TV from around the time. Just to get a little bit of a feel for who the characters are and what they are doing storywise in the company if I plan on doing anything like youtube.

This is set to set up a base for the character, so I kind of have an idea of how they are. From this point, it just develops from there. As you book the first few shows new ideas for either storylines or characters come up and it doesn't take long for the save to go in its own direction.

Depending on how the mod is set up, I tend to go the first month using the rivalries already established or ongoing. If there's heat established going in, great. If there's none (IE it hasn't officially started yet) it depends how interesting it is.

Usually the first month i'll book what's actually going on and go from there.

If its a brand new save, no storylines then I'll set my own up and match up who I think would make interesting stories on 'tv' and go from there.

Roster wise, I'll keep everyone around for a month or so until I establish who's over, good gimmicks, reliable and can be moulded in the direction I want to go in.

If its a company you're not entirely familiar with, I always check events to see what's coming up and what's important so I can build to the bigger shows.

After a few months you'll know who you're never going to use or who isn't going to cut it and can trim the roster then. I always keep around a few loveable job guys though for those squashes.

Before I start I might go back and watch a few episodes of TV from around the time. Just to get a little bit of a feel for who the characters are and what they are doing storywise in the company if I plan on doing anything like youtube.

This. I often find myself watching more of a specific era on the Network depending on what era I'm booking on TEW. I go in thinking I'll book a month of shows and watch a month of TV/PPV at the same time and end up so far along in my watching of the product. This is a good thing though as I'll avoid booking what was terrible, or even what had been done already without remembering or realising it.

Though I have occasionally booked on purpose something that happened IRL because it was just too good.

Short answer: I book it however the heck I want. I am not beholden to existing programs.

Longer answer is, I typically (from day one) make plans to transition existing storylines into the ones I actually want. I try to maintain some continuity in case I want to revisit something later on, but the starting storylines are toast as soon as I get the book.

Generally speaking I try to quickly wrap up whatever it is they may be doing in real life, because in my mind I try to keep it somewhat realistic, you can't just abruptly go in a completely different direction. Hire/fire any staff as needed, get the broadcast situation sorted if needed, start sprinkling new wrestlers in where I can(I generally hire a bunch of new guys, probably more than I should), start eliminating unwanted talent, if I can get something out of them by having them do jobs, that's what I do. I don't worry about pissing them off, if I'm getting rid of them it's unlikely I'm going to want them in the future. The first month is usually pretty volatile, then the next couple is feeling things out. If I'm losing money and have to cut payroll, I'll sort it out there.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="daddytorgo1" data-cite="daddytorgo1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48571" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>LOL seriously. Wait...is that an option in preferences?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is sure is.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TOTKingNothing" data-cite="TOTKingNothing" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48571" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is sure is.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> FML that would absolutely be helpful with a 90 person roster. No way I can keep all this moaners happy. That way I can just job out the ones I don't want to boost the perception of those I do want to keep. </p><p> </p><p> Haha. How did I miss that?</p>