What's the easiest way to make this play nice for a new player.

<p>First off - I'm not new in the booking sense. But I always booked shows, ignored scores, and played the matches out in another game. It was moreso a tool to keep track of things. </p><p> </p><p>

But I want to play the game how it's meant to be played. But I need to to play closer to EWR than the advanced style. Any help?</p>

There's a few minor things to turn off and a major one.

The absolute major thing to turn off is Strict Storylines. Even veterans of the series have issues with this one. I feel like it stifles creativity, and makes me anxious and reliant on the "money" angles that I stop booking stories how I think they should be told.

The minor ones are: Overuse Penalties, Production Effects, and Worker Morale, in my opinion.

Please don't turn off Crowd Management as someone suggested. That is the fabric of the game that you should learn. But you can't just try to learn it willy nilly-- you need to make an effort to see what works. Crowd Management is how you create flow to your shows, and manipulate the crowd. The basic idea is that you hook them with really exciting stuff, then with boring stuff, then with exciting stuff, then boring stuff, then blow them away with amazing stuff. There's a lot of depth to it that should be practiced. Go over the results of WrestleMania X-Seven to see an example of how to do this. It's implemented amazingly well in this game.

Don't turn off match ratios either, or booking times. You're not dumb. That is so easy to understand.

The biggest thing is just to accept that you'll suck and use the editor to fix your issues. If you lose popularity and money, edit those and move forward. Just keep playing and playing lots of games.

The absolute major thing to turn off is Strict Storylines. Even veterans of the series have issues with this one. I feel like it stifles creativity, and makes me anxious and reliant on the "money" angles that I stop booking stories how I think they should be told.

The minor ones are: Overuse Penalties, Production Effects, and Worker Morale, in my opinion.

Please don't turn off Crowd Management as someone suggested. That is the fabric of the game that you should learn. But you can't just try to learn it willy nilly-- you need to make an effort to see what works. Crowd Management is how you create flow to your shows, and manipulate the crowd. The basic idea is that you hook them with really exciting stuff, then with boring stuff, then with exciting stuff, then boring stuff, then blow them away with amazing stuff. There's a lot of depth to it that should be practiced. Go over the results of WrestleMania X-Seven to see an example of how to do this. It's implemented amazingly well in this game.

Don't turn off match ratios either, or booking times. You're not dumb. That is so easy to understand.

The biggest thing is just to accept that you'll suck and use the editor to fix your issues. If you lose popularity and money, edit those and move forward. Just keep playing and playing lots of games.

i agree with crowd management being enormously important, i never play with it off. but if they want an ewr experience they should turn it off

<p>I'd say disable Industry and Economy. For a new player it's pretty much just a couple of random variables that make it harder to figure out what's working and not working. Actually, I'm not sure it's really ever more than that.</p><p> </p><p>

Mandatory Pre-Booking and Pre-Booking bonuses are also pretty reasonable things to disable and reduce the complexity for a while.</p><p> </p><p>

I agree with play a small-ish company. ZEN is one of my favorites. And that Crowd Management is important.</p>

Every save you play, make sure to choose a setting to re-enable! This game gets better with challenge, it may just take you a handful of games to get a grasp of the core mechanics. Play with EWR mode on and don't be afraid to cheat to learn from your mistakes! And what Tom said about starting with a smaller company.

I disagree with this. But I am finding it strange, youre the second hyper passionate person of crowd management to sing the praises of Wrestlemania X-Seven, an event that occurred 19 years ago. I feel like you guys should come up with more current day events outside of WWE to better demonstrate the universality of crowd management since one might expect it still exists today and would frequently pop up in the better events in the year.

TEW should have always offered multiple styles of crowd management for different products or at the very least different regions much like it offers different ways of grading shows. The idea that crowd management the way its applied in TEW works with every company is somewhat laughable.

Which is all to say, I dont think you should be painting crowd management as the holy grail of things you need to learn and I have to put out the opposite line. Crowd management is the game forcing its booking philosophy on the player, its like a sports game telling you to only play through one kind of strategy (IE: basketball telling you to only play triangle or only being able to do tiki-taka on FM). If you cant book a good show under crowd management, its not because your show was bad, its because you didnt live up to the weird definition of what a good show is by the gamemaker's standards (no offense but he's the one who put it in, it's certainly not mine or many's standards of what a good show is). More so along the lines, booking a good show under crowd management isnt really much of an accomplishment, it just means you followed the formula of what the gamemaker believes a show should be built like.

I think this is particularly relevant because its not like living up to your product where you actually appease to the crowd. Crowd management isnt company dependent. You're just appealing to the game's rigid narrow definitions of what a show should look like.

If you want to avoid having your booking restricted, then crowd management is the first thing I'd look at. Second thing is probably strict storylines & face/heel restrictions. Beyond that, you've got a lot more booking freedom. But like others said, if you just turn on EWR preference style, you should be fine.

I disagree with this. But I am finding it strange, youre the second hyper passionate person of crowd management to sing the praises of Wrestlemania X-Seven, an event that occurred 19 years ago. I feel like you guys should come up with more current day events outside of WWE to better demonstrate the universality of crowd management since one might expect it still exists today and would frequently pop up in the better events in the year.

TEW should have always offered multiple styles of crowd management for different products or at the very least different regions much like it offers different ways of grading shows. The idea that crowd management the way its applied in TEW works with every company is somewhat laughable.

Which is all to say, I dont think you should be painting crowd management as the holy grail of things you need to learn and I have to put out the opposite line. Crowd management is the game forcing its booking philosophy on the player, its like a sports game telling you to only play through one kind of strategy (IE: basketball telling you to only play triangle or only being able to do tiki-taka on FM). If you cant book a good show under crowd management, its not because your show was bad, its because you didnt live up to the weird definition of what a good show is by the gamemaker's standards (no offense but he's the one who put it in, it's certainly not mine or many's standards of what a good show is). More so along the lines, booking a good show under crowd management isnt really much of an accomplishment, it just means you followed the formula of what the gamemaker believes a show should be built like.

I think this is particularly relevant because its not like living up to your product where you actually appease to the crowd. Crowd management isnt company dependent. You're just appealing to the game's rigid narrow definitions of what a show should look like.

If you want to avoid having your booking restricted, then crowd management is the first thing I'd look at. Second thing is probably strict storylines & face/heel restrictions. Beyond that, you've got a lot more booking freedom. But like others said, if you just turn on EWR preference style, you should be fine.

I've always played with crowd management (and Pefect Show Theory) off because the less i need to think about the better, but given i can't really use angles anymore to get an easy good rating i decided to try to turn on the option.

This is only one show with a small company and i for sure need to use it more and with different companies, but my starting impression is that it's not as rigid as i thought and as you are describing it to be. At the beginning i was really unsure of waht to do, but before spending too much time in front of the screen without doing nothing i decided to book a show like i always book it (from a "creative" and "structural" point of view).

The results was good, i got a better rating for the show and for some of the segments ( i run the same card without the option turned on) without the need to really overthink stuff.

Like i said, i need to use it more, but maybe it's not as limiting i thought would be.

I like this guy. :)

As a wrestling fan (I've attended hundreds of shows over the last 20 years and even invested in a couple of 'tiny' sized promotions), I don't like shows with bathroom breaks built in. I couldn't imagine telling my workers 'Okay guys, remember, your match has to suck because you're the third match in'. In this day and age of instant gratification and innumerable entertainment options, I'm always concerned that a 'change the channel' segment won't guarantee that those people will be back. Look at how current day WWE flails at holding onto its audience for RAW's full duration, with the massive drops for the third hour. I can understand making the semi-main event a bit of a 'catch your breath' segment but I don't think you do that by inserting a match that should really have been in the preshow. I book in an ascending fashion with an exciting, if flawed, opening match (often with young tryhards, showing their promise but also that they still have a ways to go) and then go up from there.

I actually laughed out loud with your game comparisons. It always makes me laugh when Miles feigns astonishment when he sees everyone's running a 4-2-3-1 Wide (or 4-3-3) when it's far and away the most effective formation at all levels.

I have saves with PST on and with it off. The ones with it off tend to last longer before I lose interest and move on to something else, sometimes 20+ years. With crowd management on, very much like old school games like Pac-Man and Street Fighter, once you get the pattern down, the game's just an exercise in muscle (or mechanical) memory. Not really a fan of that.

Depends what your playing for I suppose. It sounds like they want to play a modern version of EWR, so best to turn that setting off.

I'm the same - I don't have the time/inclination to learn how to play games like this 'well'; I just want to play. The EWR setting in 2016 was perfect for me.