Can't do Grades instead of numbers? How about ...

Bring back star ratings :D:p

TEW seems to be moving further and further away from the familiar territory of wrestling over the years in terms of presentation, at what point does it cease to be a wrestling sim and become a number management sim? Even if it is that under the hood, can we at least have a surface level that feels more like wrestling rather than playing around with a calculator or random number generator?

Bring back star ratings :D:p

TEW seems to be moving further and further away from the familiar territory of wrestling over the years in terms of presentation, at what point does it cease to be a wrestling sim and become a number management sim? Even if it is that under the hood, can we at least have a surface level that feels more like wrestling rather than playing around with a calculator or random number generator?

Totally agree.

For people who want less precision in the feedback here, how would you feel if there were just no overall rating shown at all? Just going off general notes about the crowd response would probably be the most realistic.

Honestly, a description is better than a number to me if done properly. But seriously, the star system is pretty established in wrestling and so feels like the most logical way to present it. If a program can generate a number, surely there has to be a way to visually represent that by certain number ranges aligning to a grade, a star rating, a description, whatever alternative is desirable. Hell, I think having the option to be able to use any/all of those methods to judge a match/show is desirable.

The only problem I have with suggestions like this is the way it's worded. "Do THIS instead of THAT!" Your basically ignoring (probably not intentionally) everyone that likes it like THAT. What I like to see is suggestions that say, "Can we have it like THIS as well as like THAT". This way it doesn't force the ones to play YOUR way (again, probably not intentional), they can still play it like THAT, and you can now play it like THIS.

Did any of this or that make sense? :D

The only problem I have with suggestions like this is the way it's worded. "Do THIS instead of THAT!" Your basically ignoring (probably not intentionally) everyone that likes it like THAT. What I like to see is suggestions that say, "Can we have it like THIS as well as like THAT". This way it doesn't force the ones to play YOUR way (again, probably not intentional), they can still play it like THAT, and you can now play it like THIS.

Did any of this or that make sense? :D

Hey man, I never said numbers couldn't remain, and if you look at my follow up to LloydCross I said it would be desirable to have the option to represent it many ways. Everyone has their preferences and their reasons for having them.

I haven't kept up with the discussion on why TEW2020 has numbers for everything and you can no longer represent those differently. I also always preferred when worker skills could be descriptions and I would set scouting to 8 or below so I could get them, or had a grade option. It's just TEW2020 can be bit of a bitch if you have dyscalculia.

Hey man, I never said numbers couldn't remain, and if you look at my follow up to LloydCross I said it would be desirable to have the option to represent it many ways. Everyone has their preferences and their reasons for having them.

I haven't kept up with the discussion on why TEW2020 has numbers for everything and you can no longer represent those differently. I also always preferred when worker skills could be descriptions and I would set scouting to 8 or below so I could get them, or had a grade option. It's just TEW2020 can be bit of a bitch if you have dyscalculia.

Lol i used to set scouting on everyone to the lowest because I enjoyed the descriptions as well.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BurningHamster" data-cite="BurningHamster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49033" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>... I also always preferred when worker skills could be descriptions and I would set scouting to 8 or below so I could get them, or had a grade option. ...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There´s is some kind of "workaround" with Pro Mode.</p><p> I know, it´s not the same like the descriptions or even grades, but it´s atleast something.</p>