Usually- look at your product and see what your Match Focus is and look it up in the handbook. (maybe do the same for Angle Focus while you're at it)

We'd probably need more information for the second question. What are your shows' ratings in comparison to how popular your fed is?

does the main event rating have the biggest overall effect on the final rating of the show? No matter what I do I lose popularity after every show! Any suggestions on this?

Look at your product. Then click on the ? in the upper right corner. Then click on 'Match Focus'. There you will find your answer. (The only reason I don't post it all here is because it's kinda long)

It depends on what your settings are, check your product screen and the handbook for what each does.

By default, the regular method is 70% Main Event, 20% best other match of the night, 10% average of the undercard.

Angles by default are 70 best/20 second best/10 third best, angles other than the best three are ignored and minor angles don't count (even if they're good). But again there are different methods of calculating.

Then the show rating is x% match rating, y% angle rating, depending on the ratio of angles to matches used in the actual show.

Could just be the mod i'm playing but show grades are very unforgiving for me too. Every single show so far I have lost popularity and dropped a size after my first show as WWE.

Look at how the AI does. Start a new save unemployed and sim a few weeks. Look at what kind of grades the AI is getting. If they are grading very well, its probably moreso something that you are doing. If they are mediocre or poor, then its more likely the mod .

Look at how the AI does. Start a new save unemployed and sim a few weeks. Look at what kind of grades the AI is getting. If they are grading very well, its probably moreso something that you are doing. If they are mediocre or poor, then its more likely the mod .

That doesn't work because when I let the AI control the WWE it immediately does a brand split and uses all of it's stars like John Cena, Triple H and the Undertaker to get a good show rating so you can't compare it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49262" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Post a screenshot of your last show and then go into Product and tell us what your Match Focus and Angle Focus is.<p> </p><p> From there we should be able to figure out what’s wrong.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My match focus is Main Event and the story focus is set to normal. My first Raw show I had a main event which scored 79, I had two angles which scored over 80 and another scored 74 but the overall show grade came back at 75 so I dropped a size. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining that the game is harder, just got to figure it out.</p>

Same kind of ratings as me! It must be the mod! I started unemployed and played through a bit! The Al just does the same matches over and over they do start off with poor ratings and they get better. They are using the big names on every show aswell. So maybe just need to survive first few weeks and take the hit. But when the computer gets 80+ rating on an apollo v zayn main even they must be cheating lol

That doesn't work because when I let the AI control the WWE it immediately does a brand split and uses all of it's stars like John Cena, Triple H and the Undertaker to get a good show rating so you can't compare it.

This would indicate to me that it's your booking that's causing the problem. What the AI is doing makes perfect sense from a binary point of view (use all your stars to produce the best possible ratings). If you're doing something counter to that, you're going to get lesser results. The AI is doing what it has to do in order to grow popularity (and the company as a result). If you're finding it difficult to match those results, maybe meet in the middle and use stars to produce the ratings (main event wise) while you do other things in the other matches.

I'd argue the mod seems to have it about right. The WWE are definitely on the way down in terms of what TEW models as "Popularity". They have no real stars to speak of, certainly nobody more popular than the company is. In a brand new save on day 1, they SHOULD be extremely difficult to get good, popularity-increasing/maintaining ratings for without borderline-cheating by spamming Cena vs. Triple H or whatever (I haven't seen WWE in ages, but shouldn't they all be semi-active at best by now? Isn't 'taker literally retired?). The only problem I see with the mod (just going by this thread and not having played any) is that the AI is *able* to use Cena, Triple H and Undertaker etc that often in the first place.

If they're falling a size category after one show, I'd definitely look at their starting size to either move them down a category or give them a little more breathing space, but they definitely shouldn't be able to churn out popularity-increasing shows from day one. To me, that's the challenge of playing WWE in a real world mod. They're the SWF of the real world, except that the real world has no USPW, the thing killing them is their own inability to make anyone care.

<p>Taker is not retired. Trips should be semi-active, Cena should be 'on hiatus', and Taker should be semi-active (at best). Until MBS quits demanding it, Taker will be working Saudi shows for the foreseeable future.</p><p> </p><p>

But you're right. If the mod has these people as regular active wrestlers, it's wrong. Also, the AI doesn't follow the rules so it's probably common to have them spam matches between the same handful of people and get the expected high ratings that result from that. It regularly puts PPV main events on TV, for example.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49262" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd argue the mod seems to have it about right. The WWE are definitely on the way down in terms of what TEW models as "Popularity". They have no real stars to speak of, certainly nobody more popular than the company is. In a brand new save on day 1, they SHOULD be extremely difficult to get good, popularity-increasing/maintaining ratings for without borderline-cheating by spamming Cena vs. Triple H or whatever (I haven't seen WWE in ages, but shouldn't they all be semi-active at best by now? Isn't 'taker literally retired?). The only problem I see with the mod (just going by this thread and not having played any) is that the AI is *able* to use Cena, Triple H and Undertaker etc that often in the first place.<p> </p><p> If they're falling a size category after one show, I'd definitely look at their starting size to either move them down a category or give them a little more breathing space, but they definitely shouldn't be able to churn out popularity-increasing shows from day one. To me, that's the challenge of playing WWE in a real world mod. They're the SWF of the real world, except that the real world has no USPW, the thing killing them is their own inability to make anyone care.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So basically you are starting an APW game with no Industry or Economy to boost your attendance then.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49262" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd argue the mod seems to have it about right. The WWE are definitely on the way down in terms of what TEW models as "Popularity". They have no real stars to speak of, certainly nobody more popular than the company is. In a brand new save on day 1, they SHOULD be extremely difficult to get good, popularity-increasing/maintaining ratings for without borderline-cheating by spamming Cena vs. Triple H or whatever (I haven't seen WWE in ages, but shouldn't they all be semi-active at best by now? Isn't 'taker literally retired?). The only problem I see with the mod (just going by this thread and not having played any) is that the AI is *able* to use Cena, Triple H and Undertaker etc that often in the first place.<p> </p><p> If they're falling a size category after one show, I'd definitely look at their starting size to either move them down a category or give them a little more breathing space, but they definitely shouldn't be able to churn out popularity-increasing shows from day one. To me, that's the challenge of playing WWE in a real world mod. They're the SWF of the real world, except that the real world has no USPW, the thing killing them is their own inability to make anyone care.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I mostly agree with everything you said here. I would add though, that Main Event Focus seems like a curious choice for WWE given how absurdly long every PPV and RAW is now. They only kind of emphasize the main event in build so but there's usually at least one other big attraction. I'd argue Regular or even Three Ring Circus would be more suitable.</p>

I mostly agree with everything you said here. I would add though, that Main Event Focus seems like a curious choice for WWE given how absurdly long every PPV and RAW is now. They only kind of emphasize the main event in build so but there's usually at least one other big attraction. I'd argue Regular or even Three Ring Circus would be more suitable.

Yeah, I didn't know the settings. WWE definitely shouldn't be Main Event Focus if you're going for realism, that's hilarious. I see those settings as more 'user preference' than anything, though.

I'd argue the mod seems to have it about right. The WWE are definitely on the way down in terms of what TEW models as "Popularity". They have no real stars to speak of, certainly nobody more popular than the company is. In a brand new save on day 1, they SHOULD be extremely difficult to get good, popularity-increasing/maintaining ratings for without borderline-cheating by spamming Cena vs. Triple H or whatever (I haven't seen WWE in ages, but shouldn't they all be semi-active at best by now? Isn't 'taker literally retired?). The only problem I see with the mod (just going by this thread and not having played any) is that the AI is *able* to use Cena, Triple H and Undertaker etc that often in the first place.

If they're falling a size category after one show, I'd definitely look at their starting size to either move them down a category or give them a little more breathing space, but they definitely shouldn't be able to churn out popularity-increasing shows from day one. To me, that's the challenge of playing WWE in a real world mod. They're the SWF of the real world, except that the real world has no USPW, the thing killing them is their own inability to make anyone care.

I never thought of it like that, you're completely right. The WWE should be difficult to book without 'cheating' and using all the part timers. It's not my mod but I guess I can go into the editor and drop them a size before starting for real. As for the AI using the likes of Cena and Triple H, they are set as Occasional Wrestlers with contracts allowing them on A shows so the AI quickly drafts them and puts them on their TV shows. I understand why it does it, I just don't like it.

I never thought of it like that, you're completely right. The WWE should be difficult to book without 'cheating' and using all the part timers. It's not my mod but I guess I can go into the editor and drop them a size before starting for real. As for the AI using the likes of Cena and Triple H, they are set as Occasional Wrestlers with contracts allowing them on A shows so the AI quickly drafts them and puts them on their TV shows. I understand why it does it, I just don't like it.

Honestly, I don't see how TEW could be made to run WWE as it's run in reality. No new stars and every time someone catches fire, they throw cold water on them (Ricochet, Cedric, The Fiend). Stop/start and 50/50 booking ensures no one gets over and talent hoarding with no vision means the locker room atmosphere should be questionable, at best.

What's worse, some of the gimmickry currently used probably wouldn't go over well in TEW. Like the Fiend (dominate, to recreate him no-selling everything?) I would imagine, would be really hard to book accurately and still get the kind of ratings he typically got in reality (outside of Hell in a Cell and the Goldberg match). But maybe his popularity would overcome that in their product?