Who buy? Who not buying on release day?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I've really gotten into a groove with 2016 (not getting to see any wrestling in person has me REALLY leaning heavily on this game to get my fix), and 2020 looks to have a bit of a learning curve.</p><p> </p><p>

That being said, I'm in. I'm sure I'll get the hang of 2020 quickly once I can stretch my legs past the first few months. Plus I like to support small game designers!</p>

<p>Not at this stage; I'll wait to see how the UI improvements and rebalancing pan out, and to see how AI roster management goes in long-term games. There are still pretty significant issues popping up, and no doubt more will be revealed once people can play >3 months.</p><p> </p><p>

If it was on Steam, I'd probably buy it at release.</p>

<p>Nah. Too many things are getting in the way of the gameolay: unreliable save system, UI / UX issues, features being "hidden" behind numerous or unintuitive clicks, still no way to change resolution, dubious RL mod support, AI problems, financial problems, more restrictive product feature, limited render updates, doubt game will be supported to the extent I'd like.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't think it's a $35 game. It's been "built from the ground up," but continues to have the problems it's always had. This was easier to tolerate 15 years ago, when a game of comparable depth and current graphics ran $50 or $60. I can spend the same amount on a game that won't give me the grief that TEW does, and may very well give me more gameplay and enjoyment.</p><p> </p><p>

It sucks, I love the series. I just want to see it grow, and it doesn't seem to want to.</p>

Not buying. This will be the first TEW since '10 that I don't buy on release day. Maybe down the line if it becomes user friendly and some buttons get turned around. 2016 is such a good game, I was really hoping all these improvements were going to be built around a similar U.I. It's just too tedious for me. I'm really pulling for improvements, though. I'd like to support Adam and Grey Dog and run NXT as a development when it started in a historical mod.

<p>i'm IN</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShaunGBD" data-cite="ShaunGBD" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49289" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Who's buying and who's not buying on release day? If so why not?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> i haven't had any issue with the beta at all and i've click on every available button and still nothing. I've been using the first beta this whole time up until yesterday. with that said i'm definitely in. I would've have preordered it if it was availble back in 2018. LOL</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LucasLutkus" data-cite="LucasLutkus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49289" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Seeing so much improvement daily with the patches, I am buying it for sure</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree totally. The work that Adam has put into tweaking this game since it's beta release has been amazing! 19 patches so far! </p><p> </p><p> I would give him my money today but he won't take it!!</p><p> </p><p> :0)</p>

I plan on buying. I understand the issues a lot of people are having and do think some of the design choices weren't as well thought out as I would have liked. With that said I am still intrigued by several new features and improvements and feel like I will get enough out of the new version to warrant a buy.

For $35 at this point I'm not buying. Seeing all the baffling changes made, the awful UI, the terrible way a lot of features were implemented the way the AI is both better but not great, products etc. I can go on, but the main problem is it's a chore to book a show. The main reason to play TEW and I can't do it. I could probably overlook a lot if the booking wasn't as bad as it is now. And in a world when indie games come out for less than TEW and have amazing depth and provide a great experience, I can't justify the price right now.

Definitely gonna buy first day and keep hoping I'll come here and see it was released early. Game has been running great for me, other than having to relearn where some screens are. Some stuff isn't very intuitive but I'm having a blast playing so far.