EMLL: Strange Lucha Things

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just caught up with the last show, some really good stuff. Guerrero Meurto is just so cool and that ending with Demon King was a great hook.

And poor Cyclops just trying to fulfill his duties. Another great match set up for AoC

Luchalore again definitely delivered, you've set up so many little mysteries like what goes on in the temples so I'm looking forward to getting more. In general the whole multiverse was already a great idea, but it's being used really well. It's obviously not just a cool bit of backstory but allows to get more creative with some of the storylines.

Just caught up with the last show, some really good stuff. Guerrero Meurto is just so cool and that ending with Demon King was a great hook.

And poor Cyclops just trying to fulfill his duties. Another great match set up for AoC

Luchalore again definitely delivered, you've set up so many little mysteries like what goes on in the temples so I'm looking forward to getting more. In general the whole multiverse was already a great idea, but it's being used really well. It's obviously not just a cool bit of backstory but allows to get more creative with some of the storylines.

Thanks, I'm really glad you liked it. Demon King and Aprendiz Jr have a connection in the official canon so I wanted to make use of that. It ended up being a good fit to integrate with two of the current storylines. I've got some plans to explore this connection a bit more with LuchaLore, but will likely see out Operation Antivenom before that.

The Multiverse is honestly what made me decide to the diary in the first place. It's just a really good setup to explore a wide variety of crazy/unique storylines you wouldn't see in most other promotions. With your more traditional companies it's easy to get stuck in a bit of a repetitive booking habit centered around each of your titles and maybe a #1 contender storyline, but EMLL makes it really easy to explore other reasons for a feud. It's also why I appreciate that there's not really a traditional midcard belt in the game for them. The Rings of Power are more important than that in my eyes and make for much more interesting booking scenarios. I've never liked booking midcard titles so it's a godsend for me.

MYOAZGG.jpg

votY5sE.jpg

PREVIEW

WEDNESDAY, WEEK 1 FEBRUARY 2020

EMLL: Tales From The Multiverse

EXw1pP7.jpg

qztA9iW.jpgqkOujUV.pngH4ERolw.jpg

El Hijo Del Fantasma vs. Tarantula

S8OG0sP.jpgqkOujUV.pngQ2Sm8tC.jpg

Hijo Del Vigilante vs. Samael The Accuser

fkYq38U.jpgqkOujUV.pngJ2GPF9w.jpg

Noxious vs. Snake King

oc67PuP.jpgqkOujUV.png7ZLa4Cn.jpg

El Toro De Oro Jr vs. La Estrella

DL03dcf.jpgqkOujUV.png9XNMj7d.jpg

Captain Lucha vs. El Orgulloso

Predictions:

Noxious vs. Snake King

The Fantasma streak stays alive.

Samael continues his dominance.

Noxious vs. Snake King

Snake King's quest for retribution continues.

It seems you don't bet against the Captain

Saw this a couple days ago and have been loving every piece of it. Can't wait to see more.

<p><strong>El Hijo Del Fantasma</strong> vs. Tarantula</p><p>

Hijo Del Vigilante vs. <strong>Samael The Accuse</strong>r</p><p>

Noxious vs. <strong>Snake King</strong></p><p>

El Toro De Oro Jr vs. <strong>La Estrella</strong></p><p><strong>

Captain</strong> <strong>Lucha</strong> vs. El Orgulloso</p>

Hijo Del Vigilante vs. <strong>Samael The Accuser</strong></p><p>

Noxious vs. <strong>Snake King</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Honestly these first three matches the other workers in each match just isn't that good. I like Tarantula but he averages a 24 contribution to matches while Fantasma puts out a 34 average. Noxious is lucky to get into the teens and averages a 12 while Snake King averages a 51. And the overness disparity. Samael and Vigilante are a lot closer with Vigilante averaging a 32 while Samael averages a 36 but there is just a much bigger upside to Samael.</p><p> </p><p>

El Toro De Oro Jr vs. <strong>La Estrella</strong></p><p>

La Estrella is going to have a big match against some one of the sinners he's going to lose but its not Toro De Oro</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Captain Lucha</strong> vs. El Orgulloso</p><p> </p><p>

Orgulloso is good he's just not in Captain Lucha's league right now and the champ isn't gonna take a loss.</p>

<em>Tarantula's really just a body at the moment, Fantasma's at least adjacent to some of your top guys</em></p><p> </p><p>

Hijo Del Vigilante vs. <strong>Samael The Accuser</strong></p><p>

<em>Samael's the leader of the Dark Universe, Vigilante's another of the regular universe that could maybe do with some more in-depth backstory</em></p><p> </p><p>

Noxious vs. <strong>Snake King</strong></p><p>

<em>Noxious is definitely a junior in the Hellmouth, whereas Snake King is cool as heck</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>El Toro De Oro Jr</strong> vs. La Estrella</p><p>

<em>I could see Estrella winning this quite easily but I'm gonna say his issues with Cyclops continue to dog him</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Captain Lucha</strong> vs. El Orgulloso</p><p>

<em>Still don't see Lucha losing to many people until you've got another top Prime Universe tecnico to pick up the slack</em></p>

El Hijo Del Fantasma vs. Tarantula- Fantasma is good and has bigger things ahead

Hijo Del Vigilante vs. Samael The Accuser - squash city

Noxious vs. Snake King- Snake King makes an example out of Noxious

El Toro De Oro Jr vs. La Estrella - Toro needs some momentum

Captain Lucha vs. El Orgulloso- captain gets the win but I don't think the show ends with him in a good spot.

I wasn't able to see the last show. When I click on the link it is only an image. Is there something I'm missing?

It seems to be working for me, but here's the link, hopefully this works for you:

https://www.docdroid.net/6HdZM7W/show-6-tales-from-the-multiverse-wk4-jan-2020-pptx

Thank you that wowerks great. Idk why but sometimes I can't see images on my phone it just takes me to a cover photo basically. It happens with other's as well. Thanks again excited to check it out.

A huge thank you to everyone that predicted, I think this was the biggest turn out yet. Also a huge thank you to all of the readers who don't necessarily post but have been reading along. I hope everyone is enjoying it. I've seem some people nominate this diary for DoTM who I don't normally see posting in the thread, so I know that there a few of you out there :)

Prediction Results

1PWfan 5/5

neslo024 5/5

Tiberious 5/5

Apupunchau@optonline 4/5

CPBHBK 4/5

Historian 4/5

KyTeran 4/5

christmas_ape 3/5

DarK_RaideR 3/5

Overall Prediction Contest Results

DarK_RaideR 13/18

Tiberious 13/18

neslo024 11/18

1PWfan 8/11

Apupunchau@optonline 8/12

christmas_ape 8/18

CPBHBK 4/5

Historian 4/5

KyTeran 4/5

Kijar 1/7

A lot of really cool visuals in the show with the lighting, fire etc. It definitely reads like a show that would be super fun to actually attend.

I'm going to support Delirium from now on as Dazed and Confused is both one of my favourite Led Zep songs and a favourite movie of mine.

Demon King came out looking great again, interested to see where it goes in the long run with him.

The show was an awesome build to Avatar of Chaos!!

So many stories and all built up in singles matches. I give you kudos for not only making the shows gorgeous but making them such intriguing reads.

Captain Lucha's story of his body breaking down through his matches was a nice story I've not seen alot but is so good. His comment of "I can do this all day" gave me the Captain America flashbacks. Him & Demon King's story is also one I like especially the explanation of why Demon King has that name.

Cyclops was my favorite part of the show his character has got to be my favorite of the series. He lacks emotion in my head and I love it. He feels so good natured and I'm here for it.

Personal Highlights

- Dolphin Master promo from an aquarium. The choice of location really showcases his character.

- Toro-Estrella match. A true showcase of characters. Not sure if it was intended as a Comedy or Storytelling match, but it delivered on both ends. Early nomination for Match of the Month in my eyes.

- The Estrella-Cyclops segment. Again, great character work. Cyclops channeling some Dr. Manhattan vibes, Estrella rushing to be the one who walks away. Awesome.

A lot of really cool visuals in the show with the lighting, fire etc. It definitely reads like a show that would be super fun to actually attend.

I'm going to support Delirium from now on as Dazed and Confused is both one of my favourite Led Zep songs and a favourite movie of mine.

Demon King came out looking great again, interested to see where it goes in the long run with him.

Thanks :) You'll be seeing a lot more of Delirium and Demon King to be sure.

The show was an awesome build to Avatar of Chaos!!

So many stories and all built up in singles matches. I give you kudos for not only making the shows gorgeous but making them such intriguing reads.

Captain Lucha's story of his body breaking down through his matches was a nice story I've not seen alot but is so good. His comment of "I can do this all day" gave me the Captain America flashbacks. Him & Demon King's story is also one I like especially the explanation of why Demon King has that name.

Cyclops was my favorite part of the show his character has got to be my favorite of the series. He lacks emotion in my head and I love it. He feels so good natured and I'm here for it.

The nature of EMLL only using singles matches feels a bit constraining with how open it is to all-out stable warfare, but I like the challenge of building these stories using only the canon promotion style of singles matches. Given that there are special events in the canon where the Rings are won in non-singles matches, I'm considering the idea of incorporating some other special match types as a 'once a year' type thing at the monthly events.

I'm glad you liked the nugget of info about Demon King's name, more to come about his origins. Captain Lucha is definitely a fun character to write, he's a lot more grounded in reality than some of the other major players, but is surprisingly easy to fit into the whole picture when you consider him as a Captain America type.

Cyclops has been fun to write. I had some fairly limited plans for him originally, but he opens up some interesting avenues in the story so I think you'll be seeing more of him as time goes on.

Personal Highlights

- Dolphin Master promo from an aquarium. The choice of location really showcases his character.

- Toro-Estrella match. A true showcase of characters. Not sure if it was intended as a Comedy or Storytelling match, but it delivered on both ends. Early nomination for Match of the Month in my eyes.

- The Estrella-Cyclops segment. Again, great character work. Cyclops channeling some Dr. Manhattan vibes, Estrella rushing to be the one who walks away. Awesome.

Glad you liked them. A lot of these decisions are pretty last-minute character touches that sort of came in the moment. I'm a little self conscious that I can write dialogue a little samey for multiple characters, so I'm hoping these little bits of personality help define who these characters are.

MYOAZGG.jpg

votY5sE.jpg

PREVIEW

WEDNESDAY, WEEK 2 FEBRUARY 2020

EMLL: Tales From The Multiverse

EXw1pP7.jpg

3bFFeFW.jpgqkOujUV.pngbdk5Gb3.jpg

Dolphin Master vs. Trickster

C3kvZ2t.jpgqkOujUV.pngxqwwIZ0.jpg

La Bestia Morada vs. Molokai Milk

qztA9iW.jpgqkOujUV.pngIuAN5cI.jpg

El Hijo Del Fantasma vs. Powerful Man