Keyboard Arrow / Scroll Support Progress?

I did notice from the previous patches that developers are working on this, but I can't exactly find which parts of the game they are fixing it and to what extent. Does anybody know more information and progress on this? It's been painful for me to go through big rosters such as WWE in real world mod without keyboard arrow and mouse scrolls.

Thank you for your reply! I didn't know about that. I saw from the patch notes that they are working on it, so I have been waiting for them to fix as is. Do you know if we will be able to use 'new style' with all the supports eventually?

Thank you for your reply! I didn't know about that. I saw from the patch notes that they are working on it, so I have been waiting for them to fix as is. Do you know if we will be able to use 'new style' with all the supports eventually?

No, in the coding language the game is written in, transparent lists are incompatible with keyboard support.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="awesomenessofme1" data-cite="awesomenessofme1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49591" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, in the coding language the game is written in, transparent lists are incompatible with keyboard support.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="color:#4B0082;">Didn't I see elsewhere the game is written in VB6? If so it's easy to imagine this problem.</span></p><p><span style="color:#4B0082;"> </span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="awesomenessofme1" data-cite="awesomenessofme1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49591" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you have New Style Lists disabled? Most roster screens should have support.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Some screens do. Most screens still don't, unfortunately.</p><p> </p><p> The one that hurts me the most are road agent notes. I still type "d" for decisive finish while booking almost every match.</p><p> </p><p> I don't really blame Adam because I never even realized how important the navigation via keyboard was to the way I use the game myself. And it's not necessarily the same for everyone, of course. But still, this is by far the biggest annoyance I have with 2020.</p>

Some screens do. Most screens still don't, unfortunately.

The one that hurts me the most are road agent notes. I still type "d" for decisive finish while booking almost every match.

I don't really blame Adam because I never even realized how important the navigation via keyboard was to the way I use the game myself. And it's not necessarily the same for everyone, of course. But still, this is by far the biggest annoyance I have with 2020.

No scroll on angles is the worst to me.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Totalwarfare2020" data-cite="Totalwarfare2020" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49591" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No scroll on angles is the worst to me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can though. This was fixed quite a while ago.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Idolized" data-cite="Idolized" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49591" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can use the keyboard arrows to scroll with the colored lists. You need to click on the scroll bar first then you can use the up and down keys.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> But this doesn't select the item. You should be able to select any list and use the keyboard / mouse wheel to scroll the list up and down. Clicking the scroll bar and scolling will move the list, but you'll still need to click on your choice. You also can't use keyboard letters to get where you're going.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Idolized" data-cite="Idolized" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49591" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, you can’t but as has been stated, it’s a limit if the language.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It wasn't a limit of the language in TEW2016. This stuff worked fine.</p><p> </p><p> Stop making excuses for bad design.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ngz999" data-cite="ngz999" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49591" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It wasn't a limit of the language in TEW2016. This stuff worked fine.<p> </p><p> Stop making excuses for bad design.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Hilarious</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Idolized" data-cite="Idolized" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49591" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can use the keyboard arrows to scroll with the colored lists. You need to click on the scroll bar first then you can use the up and down keys.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No disrespect, but pointing out a workaround like this is not helping. As others have mentioned, there are many things that are not possible anymore. Using the scroll wheel, using the keyboard to select road agent notes. This cannot be circumvented, and even if there was a way to do it, it shouldn't be too much to ask for it to be an official feature.</p><p> </p><p> If I'm selling a car and the person I sold to is telling me that it's not starting even though I said everything was fine, they're not going to be satisfied if I tell them a workaround to get it to start.</p><p> </p><p> edit: Long story short, it would be extremly awesome if Adam could make it so it is a real choice between colored lists and old style lists, meaning that EVERY screen will behave the way it was chosen</p>

No disrespect, but pointing out a workaround like this is not helping. As others have mentioned, there are many things that are not possible anymore. Using the scroll wheel, using the keyboard to select road agent notes. This cannot be circumvented, and even if there was a way to do it, it shouldn't be too much to ask for it to be an official feature.

If I'm selling a car and the person I sold to is telling me that it's not starting even though I said everything was fine, they're not going to be satisfied if I tell them a workaround to get it to start.

edit: Long story short, it would be extremly awesome if Adam could make it so it is a real choice between colored lists and old style lists, meaning that EVERY screen will behave the way it was chosen

Hardly a workaround, it’s a functioning part of the game that many people don’t seem to know exists.

Also, for as much stuff that has been changed, people are going to have to realize that not everything can/will end up being changed or implemented and if that is a big enough turn off on the game for you, it’s your choice as a consumer to make the decision to purchase or not.

<p>It's a worse-functioning feature to kinda sorta make up for something that went inexplicably missing.</p><p> </p><p>

It's a workaround. Calling it anything else is dishonest at best.</p><p> </p><p>

As far as the consumer choice thing, I think it's important to give feedback. And if that feedback is ignored, it'll further inform the choices of others. That's important.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Idolized" data-cite="Idolized" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49591" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hardly a workaround, it’s a functioning part of the game that many people don’t seem to know exists.<p> </p><p> Also, for as much stuff that has been changed, people are going to have to realize that not everything can/will end up being changed or implemented and if that is a big enough turn off on the game for you, it’s your choice as a consumer to make the decision to purchase or not.</p></div></blockquote><p> This is true, but there's a difference when comparing 2016 and 2020:</p><p> </p><p> Let's say I'm assigning a picture for a worker in the editor.</p><p> </p><p> In 2016, I click on the picture thing, and the list is instantly active. I'm looking for Shawn Michaels. I type "Shawn" on my keyboard, and I get thrown in the general area of my Shawn Michaels pictures, starting at Shawn Michaels 01.jpg. I scroll down on my keyboard until I come across a picture I want to use. This all happens without additional clicks. Everything is active as soon as I enter the picture folder and all I need is my keyboard.</p><p> </p><p> In 2020, I click on the picture, and I can still type in "Shawn Michaels", and the search throws me to my first Shawn Michaels picture. Now, these 200 and so photos range from 1990 Rocker Shawn all the way 2020 Crocodile Dundee Shawn, avid hunting enthusiast. I can't just automatically scroll down and look for a pic that fits that specific mod. To scroll down I need to click on the bar, something that isn't required in 2016, and then there's the added clunkiness of the scrolling actually not browsing the pictures, so I need to click on each of the 200+ pictures individually.</p><p> </p><p> I know this particular screen wasn't what you were talking about, so the picture browsing is kind of a moot, but still needing to actively click on the bar is cumbersome extra work, so I think that's the issue people have, especially since lists worked perfectly fine in each previous TEW release.</p><p> </p><p> I'm beating a dead horse, though. And I mean no disrespect. I am also actually happy to play 2016, so I don't know why I'm beating on that horse since it's not really a loss for me to stay on 2016.</p>

<p>This thread is turning into personal attacks, so I'm locking it as personal attacks go against the rules. I can't help but notice a lot of posts repeating the same thing from the same handful of users, which is just unnecessary.</p><p> </p><p>

Please make sure you have read the <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544820" rel="external nofollow">GDS Forum Rules</a> for how to handle posting in future. It's getting to the point that repetitive posts from the same people seem more like attempts at trolling than any legitimate attempts to add to any discussion about the game or it's features.</p>