TEW2020 Keyboard Shortcuts: An AutoHotKey Add-on for TEW2020

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update guys... I am working on making mousewheel scrolling work with the coloured list boxes. I have them working on the your roster screen currently, and I will make two versions of the script (one with and one without this code). But at the moment it appears to be working as intended.

Expect some sort of code update later today, anyway.

Have I mentioned that you are a rockstar?

<p><strong>Update:</strong> New version (1.1.0) is now in the first post. I have not included mouse wheel support yet because it needs some work, but some of the changes for this version include the introduction of a quick menu on the roster / worker profile screen. The script now sits at (just) over 600 lines! A full list of additions are here:</p><p> </p><p>

Main In-Game Screen:</p><p>

CTRL+R = Roster</p><p>

CTRL+C = Creative</p><p>

CTRL+T = Tag Teams</p><p>

CTRL+S = Storylines</p><p>

CTRL+E = Events & TV</p><p>

CTRL+F = Finances</p><p>

CTRL+H = Show History</p><p> </p><p>

Creative Meeting:</p><p>

1 = Franchise Players</p><p>

2 = Next Big Things</p><p>

3 = Hot Prospects</p><p>

4 = Talk The Talk</p><p>

5 = Show Stoppers</p><p>

6 = Ring Generals</p><p>

7 = Who's Hot</p><p>

8 = Who's Not</p><p>

9 = Hidden Gems</p><p> </p><p>

Roster Screen:</p><p>

Right Click = Quick Menu</p><p> </p><p>

Worker Profile:</p><p>

Right Click = Quick Menu</p><p>

Page Up / Down = Scroll through workers</p><p> </p><p>

Worker Schedule:</p><p>

Left / Right = Previous / Next Page</p>

Some more work will be done today / tomorrow on 'quality of life' measures for this script. For example, I want to remove the need for pressing CTRL to do the shortcuts on the main menu - I have a way I think I can do this without interfering with the textbox inputs.

I have also removed 'Send away' from the right click quick menu since the script has no way of knowing if you're on your roster's page or another promotions roster page.

I would appreciate any feedback on the quick menu anyone has, since it takes a considerable amount of time to map the clicks for each item in it - is this something you guys would want expanded to other parts of the game, or is it useless to you?

Thanks guys.

I actually noticed that in many instances, the x and y coordinates don't seem to be right, which is a bummer.

Some examples:

- The storyline screen: ESC will move the cursor too far to the right

- creative meeting: all the mappings are too far up, 4 will click "next big things", as an exapmle, but some will just click between or outside buttons

- the function keys also don't hit their mark, F2 moves the cursor in between multiplayer and website, all others are too high as well...

don't know why that is... using AHK with the pasted script

I actually noticed that in many instances, the x and y coordinates don't seem to be right, which is a bummer.

Some examples:

- The storyline screen: ESC will move the cursor too far to the right

- creative meeting: all the mappings are too far up, 4 will click "next big things", as an exapmle, but some will just click between or outside buttons

- the function keys also don't hit their mark, F2 moves the cursor in between multiplayer and website, all others are too high as well...

don't know why that is... using AHK with the pasted script

Odd, the script uses the window size so it should hit every time.

Couple troubleshooting queries: Do you happen to be moving the mouse at the same time? Are you running the script as administrator? What screen resolution are you playing in (something I didn't factor in)?

EDIT: To add, I just tested on various resolutions and I had no issues. I also tested at 125% scaling (I use 100%) and had no issues. Have you used a prior version with any issues or is this always the case that the mouse misses it's mark?

This is all amazing work. If you can make booking segment reordering work I will be like...much closer to purchasing. That and the product issues are the two things holding me back, but I think the product stuff I can get around.

There is absolutely nothing I can do about the booking / segment screen, unfortunately. I cannot change core functions of the software, only manipulate and automate mouse and click movements. Because the window is named the same as other core windows I can not bind any functions to it. Sorry.

There is absolutely nothing I can do about the booking / segment screen, unfortunately. I cannot change core functions of the software, only manipulate and automate mouse and click movements. Because the window is named the same as other core windows I can not bind any functions to it. Sorry.

Darn!

Still - awesome work and will definitely be using it if/when I purchase.

Odd, the script uses the window size so it should hit every time.

Couple troubleshooting queries: Do you happen to be moving the mouse at the same time? Are you running the script as administrator? What screen resolution are you playing in (something I didn't factor in)?

no, yes, 1920x1080

I have absolutely no understanding of this sort of stuff and as far as I'm concerned, you're some kind of wizard so feel free to tell me to go away if I'm way off the mark, but theoretically, couldn't you do something like this for the booking screen?

9NKiSs6.jpg

I mean, you'd have to work out which "number" the segment you want to move is and follow it accordingly (if you wanted to move the fourth segment to the main event, you'd have to press "4", "3", "2" in order), but I personally wouldn't mind that.

Obviously, you may have to come up with some other form of hot key if you wanted to do it for every single line too because I presume you can't "double stroke", as it were; for example, pressing "1" twice for eleven? But I guess I'm just thinking out loud so if it is even possible, I'll allow you to iron out the details. :p

I have absolutely no understanding of this sort of stuff and as far as I'm concerned, you're some kind of wizard so feel free to tell me to go away if I'm way off the mark, but theoretically, couldn't you do something like this for the booking screen?

I mean, you'd have to work out which "number" the segment you want to move is and follow it accordingly (if you wanted to move the fourth segment to the main event, you'd have to press "4", "3", "2" in order), but I personally wouldn't mind that.

Obviously, you may have to come up with some other form of hot key if you wanted to do it for every single line too because I presume you can't "double stroke", as it were; for example, pressing "1" twice for eleven? But I guess I'm just thinking out loud so if it is even possible, I'll allow you to iron out the details. :p

Something like this isn't really possible. I mean, it could be, in a very limiting way - as you say, what do you do for 11+? Your assumption about double stroking is correct, unfortunately.

I also have an issue where this window is named the same as all 'main' screen windows - 'TEW2020' (titles are invisible to the player). Anything I bind here will also bind to the office, worker, companies, broadcaster, etc screens that all share the 'TEW2020' title. I have asked Adam to give one window a title that would help me but I am reluctant to ask him to add/modify many titles.

I will rattle my brain to come up with some kind of solution, but I can't make any promises.

EDIT: Nope, I might have a way to do this, but won't know until I test. I'll keep you posted.

You use the same resolution as me, so it should match up perfectly. Have you used a prior version with any issues or is this always the case that the mouse misses it's mark?

I have the same resolution but have a 125% zoom because I’m blind and TEW is especially small at 100% on my laptop. The only thing that’s slightly off for me is Y/N buttons. I’ll test it again later to see how it is but every other thing seemed to work for me.

You use the same resolution as me, so it should match up perfectly. Have you used a prior version with any issues or is this always the case that the mouse misses it's mark?

It only happens with specific screens. Esc works with most screens, for example, but not with the storyline screen.

Can it be that TEW doesn't open on the same height of my screen? All issues seem to be due to wrong y-coordinates.

It only happens with specific screens. Esc works with most screens, for example, but not with the storyline screen.

Can it be that TEW doesn't open on the same height of my screen? All issues seem to be due to wrong y-coordinates.

If you can, open the AHK file and in line 11 change it to 'click %Width%,5'. See if this helps? (You will have to right click the AHK icon in your system tray and reload the script).

First post has been updated with new code and new exe (whichever you prefer).

> Removed 'Send away' from worker quick menus
 > This is because it will also pop-up outside
   your roster
> CTRL is now mapped to both left and right keys
> On the booking screen, holding CTRL while left clicking will now move
 the pointer with the segment

On the booking screen, if you hold the CTRL key while left clicking an arrow, the script will now automatically move the pointer to the segment below or above - following the segment. This may or may not work for everyone. It is hard to make mapping the same across the spectrum - but they should work fine. I've split each window in the code now, so feel free to play with the X,Y co-ordinates as you please if it doesn't work, and feedback to me any changes you feel need making. Thanks everyone.

Does the Tew2020.bat need to live on the desktop?

It can be anywhere you want it to be, just make sure to open it first and change any folder locations that need changing :)

Tomorrow's update will include the right click menu working on the regular workers screen - but only for the old style boxes. It will also including being able to use the Tab key in the skills screen to cycle through the skills and change the visible progression.

First post has been updated with new code and new exe (whichever you prefer).

> Removed 'Send away' from worker quick menus
 > This is because it will also pop-up outside
   your roster
> CTRL is now mapped to both left and right keys
> On the booking screen, holding CTRL while left clicking will now move
 the pointer with the segment

On the booking screen, if you hold the CTRL key while left clicking an arrow, the script will now automatically move the pointer to the segment below or above - following the segment. This may or may not work for everyone. It is hard to make mapping the same across the spectrum - but they should work fine. I've split each window in the code now, so feel free to play with the X,Y co-ordinates as you please if it doesn't work, and feedback to me any changes you feel need making. Thanks everyone.

You just might be my hero.